STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited June 2013

Ms. Mericat - I lived in the DC metro area for 29 years and know what U R talking about. CRAZY PEOPLE on the roads.  You R lucky U made it out of there alive Sister.  Wow!  U should have called 911!

When I got sick last May, my idiot husband told me he could not take care of me so I kicked him out and sold MY house in Reston, VA.  Did not have to share ANYTHING with him, ha ha!  Still waiting for the divorce papers from him to get some closure on this whole thing.  I totally miss "home" but I do not miss the economy.  Where do U live in Maryland?  I was the Director of Nutrition & Food Safety for Sutton Place Gourmet which later changed its' name to Balducci's for 14 years.  Lost my job when the company was sold in 2010.  Miss all of that super food tho! 

Stay safe out there everyone!

Flowers

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited June 2013

hey flowers....you did get around.i moved 20x in 20 yrs 3 different states...Brooklyn,Pa,fla and back to Brooklyn in 1 yr.then I bounced only in Brooklyn till I landed in NJ...which I'm not too sure is my last move....

Gypsy is also one of my nicknames...

D Blondie where are you????? Maybe she is takin a nap and she will show up bright as a new penny...lets hope so.

Hugggs everyone

Ill be back.

Princess purple kantalope

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited June 2013

Oh my SweetPea.....I know how you are feeling about the surgery I was so nervous before mine.... what date are you having surgery so we can all make sure we put it on our calendars sending you lots of love and hugs, again and again!

• cmbernardi
    edited June 2013

Granny - I grew up in the Poconos and went to undergrad school at Marywood College in Scranton, PA.  In 1983, At 22 years old I moved to DC and stayed there until 2012.  My company had 9 stores in the DC metro area and 2 in NYC, 1 on Long Island and also in the suburbs of NYC - Scarsdale, Greenwich, Westport, New Canaan, Ridgefield.  So I worked up and down the east coast until my company was bought by King's Markets of NJ in 2010.  In May of 2012 I started to get very sick with peri-menopause and then my idiot husband told me he could not take care of me so I threw him out, sold the house in Reston, VA an moved back home to PA for a while.  When I was visiting my Sister in TX. I found out I had the BC and never left.  After RADS and the oophorectomy, I will likely go back to VA where my boyfriend Blaise still lives and then he and I will live happily ever after, I hope.  He wants to move to S. Carolina which would be just fine with me.  

I must have been thinking of YOU last night because I dreamed I was driving across the Brooklyn Bridge all night!  Crazy, freaky dreams we all have.  I miss my job and the hustle bustle BUT I do not miss NYC at all!  Too crazy and expensive!  I hope U R well and that all the Sisters here are doing their best this week.  My first day of RADS today was a breeze.  Peace y'all,

Flowers

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

Oh Flowers Puleeease move to SC I need some company around here. I can be anywhere in SC in 4 hours or alot less in some cases. Where in SC does he want to move?

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Miss Flowers...so glad your rads went well today...keep posting about them because I am very anxious about my upcoming rads (not until late July) ..not really sure why so freaked out about rads and not chemo...♥

• marywh
    edited June 2013

Chick-If it makes you feel any better for me rads was a piece of cake compared to chemo. The worst part of it was the mapping, that takes a long time, and having to go every day.

• cmbernardi
    edited June 2013

Hey - I do not know where Blaise wants to live in S. Carolina but anywhere that we can be together would be terrific!  I would love to live close to the beach.  

And Marywh, it would be great to hang out ASAP!

Good night All,

Flowers

• FireKracker
    edited June 2013

miss flowers...we were almost neighbors.my Gd went to Johnson college in pa.

and you dreamin of the Brooklyn bridge all nite..ha.when ever u want to visit either place before you run off to get married just give me a holler.After I get those teeth.ha.

I'm also glad the rads went well.

How er stress over all these things when most of the time it's not as bad as we are preparing ourselves for.the old sayin is ya just have to show up...leave the stress home.

Good luck on the rest of your tx..

No blonde yet,,,still hopin and prayin she is just sleeping it all off.

Hugggs e eryone

Princess

• marywh
    edited June 2013

Well all, me and my ambien are off to bed early tonight, Cant seem to focus on anything but worrying about new chemo tomorrow.Will be taking you all in my pocket, if they give me any good drugs that knock me out, try not to make too much noise ok? Its amazing, even after all the chemo that I have been on new ones always scare the hell out of me....xoxox

• cmbernardi
    edited June 2013

marywh - sweet dreams and all the best for your next chemo.  You know, we will all be fine!

Flowers

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited June 2013

Marywh, We promise to be very quiet, but we'll be there.  Best wishes.

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Miss Mary.....praying for you too and your new chemo....good to hear about the rads...just not sure why I'm so over-obsessing about something so far off yet.....

• FireKracker
    edited June 2013

Good Luck Mary what's your name

Don't we always fear the unknown?

Ill be in your pocket and if they are givin out any good drugs please share

Remember I'm goin to the tooth fairy tomorrow

Ill be quiet but please let us know how you make out.

Ill remember to say an extra prayer just for you

Hugggs to all.im getting a little tired too.

Just want 1 nite to sleep straight thro.

Hugggs to everyone...smooches too

Princess.

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Majesty Princess......tummy tucks and new teeth.....are you going to be on dancing with the stars?........hugs for good results!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited June 2013

Chicka, I read a book by a woman with BC (years ago). She became obsessed with finding a foob with a realistic looking nipple. At one point she said the best way not to worry about something was to obsess about something else.

Marywhat, I will be in your pocket and VERY quiet.

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Miss Wren......hmmmm...I am certain I can switch obsessing modes...lol

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

Mary, I'm coming along too. I've got blues and zydeco to play. Who has rock n roll? I don't plan to be quiet tho. BTW, I slept really well last night after the Ixempra with just an ativan. Total shock after all the premeds!

I hope Blondie did okay today with her chemo.

Flowers, so glad rads went well.

Little chick let, I agree about rads. Don't worry. I obsessed about it and it ended up being so easy. Plus you have 90 million other things that you can worry about.

I started my relaxation techniques again today. Amazing how similar it is to breathing and LE stretches.

Fun tidbit for today, one of the women from our local art guild stopped at my table at lunch to visit. She wants me to get some of my photographs together for a small exhibit. They are in an old bank building and every month the showcase an artist in the vault. I had some prints shown in Jan 2012 when I was in the middle of my first chemo. Haven't really participated since then though. It reminded me that I'm also supposed to get some work together for a show at the gallery at our community college. Guess I'd better get off my chemo ass and get to work.

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited June 2013

GMA my ranting twin thank you for your support and listening ear ;) when my anxiety gets the best of me I pray for God to take my fear away from my heart. It is crazy how we spend our whole lives thinking we are in control. I lov your image I will try and picture that when I am scared.

Blondie I am thinking about you. I hope that you are comfortable and able to sleep.

ChickaD thank you for your kind words. I am worried for RADS too. I think we might be starting at the same time. Will you be my RADS buddy?

Mary I hope you are off to peaceful sleep. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. You are amazing, such strength. May that new med kick cancers ASS!!

Hugs,

Sweet Pea

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

I got some cathin' up to do.

Mary u'r probably sleeping now but changing chemo is like changeing u'r underwear, I changed so much after a while when they'd strt telling me I'd just say u know the rules, I don't care--u'r in the chair anyway--Se usually about the same, maybe a different amount of time in chair, the only one I had fun with (I don't remember the actual name) was the red devil cuz u'd pee red for a while and the first time usually my DD was at my home waiting for me to see how I was and I peed when I got home and left the bathroom and sat down and asked her to flush the toilet cuz i forgot LOL and she came out and held my hand and said don't panic but u'r bleeding.She did not appreciate my sense of humor on that one.

ChickaD--honestly obsess about anything else but rads--it's an inconvenience cus u have to go everyday and it like 10-15 minutes tops so try to make u'r time early like I did and it's better cuz u'r taken right on time and the rest of the day u'r free.There is not one ounce of touching anything thru the whole thing. And the first time is nothing but it takes long and u don't feel anything with the tats and u talk and laugh like u'r getting a tat --that's it. And it so small it's a t not even a tat.

Fowers I don't remember ever hearing about a boyfriend---why aren't u with him now? It's wonderful u have him and it would be great living in a different place and being all new. I like that whole idea.

And Miss Phylpphoto OMG u have real talent, how great is this---to get to show u'r work. I'm not even allowed to take pictures i our family anymore no one has heads ever. And hear u are are with ankly bracelet on and u'r still wanted , only legally this time.

I had a really bad day today with Drs. and stuff so I came home and just crashed and I'll forget about it now, cuz it's not worth repeating, not that I'm keeping anything from u guys just cuz it's all stupid and really upset me--I'm fine now, just awake hahaha Just 2 things to let u know how my one visit went--1st NO ONE knew how to take my B/P on my leg--NO ONE--then the 2st thing the Dr. said was OMG are u on a lot of meds. Need I say more

Blondie better just be sleepy and the usual what day is today. I'm sure she'll check in tomorrow.

Princess I hope u'r sleeping good tonite.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited June 2013

Dear Stacey, please remind me what surgery you are having - is it mastectomy?  I just had bilateral 4 months ago, looking back, the fear beforehand was the hardest part for me. Waking up in recovery room was such a relief -  it was over. Recovering at home was easier than any chemotherapy I have known, not personal chemo  but as a support to my DB and close friends during theirs. Most women only need narcotics for a few days, then transition to NSAIDS or tylenol during the day. I was in Jazzercise doing lower extremity workout at 2 weeks, and full workout at 4 weeks - spent less than24 hrs in the  hospital because there were too many interruptions to get enough sleep! I went to my mom's afterwards and slept much better.

Have written up a tip sheet for mastectomy pre-op and post op care including packing, nutrition, comfort measures, rx recommendations, tissue expander info and spiritual/mental health.  LMK if you want me to PM you the notes.

I had 10 days between diagnosis and surgery. That period was so much harder than the week after. Please try not to worry too much, you will do much better with a peaceful heart.

Michelle

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Stacy I might have said this to u before, but Shell is so right. If u'r having a double or single mastectomy u won't believe it---I woke up thinking something must have changed my Dr.s mind and felt myself and that didn't hurt--didn't need the pump--no pain pills nothing, my sister the same thing--we were so suprised so if u are having that u won't believe the no pain feel, it's amazing. 

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

Cammimylittledumpling, so so sorry you had a crappy day! Is there anyone that I can hit with a paintball for you? I hope tomorrow is much better.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Oh Phylofight no thank u not with a paint ball--a real bullet --will be fine.

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Dear Miss SweetPea....I would love to be your Rads buddy...we can whine together...lol!  I am scheduled for 4 TCH chemos...last one will be July 23, 2013...so rads will start soon after and I will keep you advised.  Do you know when you are starting?

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Miss Phylloartista....are you a photgrapher...or artist....?  I paint and sometimes draw for fun...I will TRY and take some photos of my work and post the pics since I am SO talented at getting that to work...lol.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Oh u 2 are so cute Chick and sweetpeeeee-----I wish I started here when I was started al this chit, but u guys wouldn't be here anyway, I started after all my chit cuz things have still been going on and it just makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone, otherwise I'd think I was the ony one. And I found this whole thing by accident so I thank my accidental mind for discovering this---Believe it or not the insanity keeps me sane and the kindness shown keeps me in balance so it's much easier on me when I get frustrated.

The rads are nothing like chemo so once u start we'll know u'll be doing better.

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Morning miss cami....we are always here for you thru the good, bad and ugly!

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Morning Hooligans.......here are some of my drawings and a painting on exhibit for your viewing pleasure...maybe PhylloPie will give me a job when my boss kicks me to the curb....

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

chickaD those are u'rs that U DID --OMG they are georgeous (like u) Such talent u are amazing with detail just amazing.