STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

lol sassy!

julianna - my son sends me the ginger chews and the ginger apple chews.  I only like them during chemo.  Funny.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited June 2013

Chicklette:  go to Photobucket and sign up for a free account, then upload your picture, then transfer it to BC.ORG.  If you need help, PM me after you set up an account and we can do it together over the phone. Once you do it - it is easy.

I just love coming here to catch up on everyone - every last one of you. Someone should make a movie out of this thread - it is soooooo interesting.

I'm doing fine, sass - just buried in long days at pediatric clinic. It doesn't cost any more to call Honolulu than anywhere else in the U.S. - I call the mainland all the time and never get charged extra on my cell.

Mary, Philomania, Chicklette, Blondiee, Vegette, Sweet Pea and Flowers, you are all the most amazing courageous women I know. You go through the rigors of chemo with such dignity.

PH is treating me much nicer, I still don't like him but who cares, getting the experience needed and will be done before you know it.... so green at this - love seeing teenagers, very similiar to adults but more fun - but babies are HARD, especially when they are sick. Scary.

Just made the 4 month anniversary of my diagnosis and mastectomies. Hard to believe that 5 months ago I was Clueless in Honolulu.

Jan - although about 200,000 women are diagnosed with BC each year in the U.S., and   women have about an 11% lifetime risk  of developing breast cancer, a much lower percentage are believed to be related to the BRCA genes -   about 5%. The genes are also thought to be related to about 15 to 20% of ovarian cancers. There are quite a few different genetic tests, ranging in price from $500 to $4000 each.  Results can be confusing, or not definitive, so it is not recommended that everyone with a relative with breast cancer be tested. Geneticists look at different combinations  of factors in parents or siblings who were diagnosed with breast cancer and were:  diagnosed at a young age, had BC in both breasts, had both ovarian and breast cancer, are male, and/or have Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry. 

Regardless of their family history, all women should be screened for breast cancer by getting mammography and breast exams at the recommended age and interval. Hope this helps.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

Good Morning, I don't know if anyone is out there.

Shell it's so unserstandable how busy u are now, in time it will settle down, but now u have to be on u'r toes and we all know that. So do what u need to do and whenever u can check in just to tell us how things are going, cuz everyone misses u when u'r not here.

It's funny but there is a rythem here and it seems like when we're off we get to missing someone and just hope things are going all well==that's all.

Like I should see Scottiee here now, and I don/t hahaha

OK Let's get the day started--lots to do today.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2013

Cami.....I'm here!!!!!!!!....just finished reading from yesterday....was tired last night so turned my lights out earlier than usual. Kitty is MIA....just me and my coffee. Today

our school is going on a trip to visit a native village which has a long house and a beautiful surrounding lake....a day out of the classroom. Will respond to all later.

Hugs to all having chemo today and in anyone's pocket for appts. Luv ya all....❤

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Well u'r stil busy Scottiee so enjoy the day and hope the weather is good...Joey has 2 more days and then he's all mine---he came in and got me last nite so I slept with him gain. Meaning crappy sleep. so I'm crabby ladies.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

FLOWERS!  FLOWERS and FLOWERS AGAIN!!!!!!  Is that Flower Mound Tex. anywhere near Houston???  Please say that it is!  Because my NEIGHBOR is going to HOUSTON!  I could MAKE her bring you those recipes!  I mean you have no idea just how many I have!  They will probably have to hire a cargo-plane JUST to get them that far!  I THINK she said Houston.... (I was sort of in a state of "Oh Damn I can't believe she just said they are leaving AGAIN!!")

But knowing Ducky as we do, MAYbe she could talk to that pilot guy of hers, and transport them free!!!!!  I took them all out of the plastic "sleeves" and we just put them all in the re-cycle barrel.... but after reading your story, I went out and got most of them OUT!!!!  Yay!!! 

Even if I have somehow screwed up where that lack-luster neighbor is GOing, I can still mail them to you.... AND I know books, video's go by a different rate!!!  Do WE have a plan?  Or do we HAVE a plan?  I'll sort of go through them again, and at least turn them right-side up.... unlike my blouse which I wear inside-out! Wink  It might take a couple days... is that okay?  

I took them out of the 2" binders, because I'm using them to organize some other crap I have... AND I'm meeting my childhood girlfriend for lunch today...

Just to let you know, some recipes are from 1955 when I was in cooking class.. And some were my Mom's and Grandma's.  But the jillion other recipes were collected just because they looked good!

I would say there are about at least 25 pounds of paper there...Maybe I should sort them out again?  I'm so glad you want them!!!  I thought they would just throw them away if we took them to the shelter place.

Yes.... you guys are 2 pages ahead, but I wanted to post this to Flowers... My computer was having fits 2 days ago also!  AOL could not get near BCO...  Neither could Firefox... So it was their fluke.

Okay.... I'll get on a little later...  You guys are still in bed anyway....Undecided xoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

Morning crabby!  You said something so funny a page or two ago, and now I can't remember what it was!  Ha, ha! 

Are you having coffee?

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

If you CAN'T come out to play, then I will just HAVE to go work in my yard!

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited June 2013

You can come ( pretty please) and wrk in my yard! We are helping allergy sufferers by having noscaping rather than landscaping..lol...both dh and I hate hate hate, did I mention that we hate doing yard work!?

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

BS I'm not in bed I'm up and just to let u know that is so kind of u Chevy to do sll thst for Flowers--really. we're having a moment here Chevy. It doesn't happen often LOL

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

A moment.... yes, I love "moments".... Ha, ha! 

Hi Merlecat... so what you are saying is you prefer not doing yard-work?  Cammi, let's make her say it just once more!

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

So what the hell?  I have to sit here and keep hitting refresh just to see if you two ditched me?

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

You DID!!!  Cry

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

I'm here--Scottie had to leave some kind of field trip----wait doesn't Scottie teach older people? and they do trips?

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited June 2013

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

Oh Whew!  I was afraid I was alone, here in the dark just for a moment!  Some people just do not like yard stuff....   I'll bet you never went looking for night-crawlers either?  Such a baby!  Wink

Cammi, WHAT?  You are on a trip?

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

All right the debat is on---Merl I'm right with u on that--I don't like sitting outside without a screened in something, I'm really not a sun person because of bugs mostly so gardening is out and dirt--even with gloves who want to see the worms and other THINGS in that dirt.

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

Oh what a couple of city-girl babies!  You guys, the lightness is fastly approaching... I'm going to have to leave this little party pretty quick!  Any last words?

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited June 2013

Ms. Chevy - WOW!  Recipes from 1955 and your Mom's and Grandmother's!  WOW!.. I live 3 hours from Houston but I have a good friend who lives there so that might work out best.  I plan to take a ride down to visit her soooooon, so if that is where the "Travelers" R going then so be it!.  If not, any other method would do.  Please do not take up too much of your time fussing with the paper tho, those chickens and hens need U!  Thank U, Thank U, Thank U.  I love recipes and cooking new things.  Yours sound like they will be a treasure!  Let me know how U plan to get them to me but as I said, Houston or anywhere in TX. works!

Thank you AGAIN!

Flowers

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

It's Flowers!  Yaaaaaaay!  Okay little honey!  It's a plan!  I will get them ready, and either I will MAKE her take them to Houston, or if they weigh more than her 2 little girls put together, I will just mail them to you!

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

Flowers!  That made me feel so good, that you would want them!  It makes me happy!  Cool

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Fowers anywhere in TX, u make TX sound like Rhode Island TX is half of the US---u enjoy cooking that much wow--but I's sur they are treasures and I don't blame u--My sister has all the recipes and books for the 40's with our moms handwriting, my DD does too and I think it's just reading her handwriting that they love--not so much Italian recipes cuz they never knew how the measure was it was always alittle bit, a pinchof, or just a small amount well when u don't cook tht makes a difference. So u will have a ball and now Chevy knows they're loved somewhere.

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited June 2013

YES!

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Photo          

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited June 2013

OK -- can you see the pic???  Miss Mostly explained in a PM how to use photobucket -- I shared, copy the URL and pasted it into the tree and only get and "X" for a pic --- AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited June 2013

YAY -- I DID IT !!!!!!

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited June 2013

Chevette - I guess it's so damned cold over there most of the year, when the weather warms enough for plant growth - that's your time to get outside at the crack of light and play in the dirt. I love gardening but don't get enough time to do it. My mother at 80 spends hours gardening almost every day, and her father was a farmer, it's in the family bloodline.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited June 2013

There you are, Chickie. Cute! Cute! Cute!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

Been up since 3:30 - work at 4am - had a 10 in a row sneezing attack last night - guess what hurts this morning Yell?  Yep, your right my nerve pain in the breast is here waiting for me to try to walk today.  How many times can you say: It is What It is.....

it is

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited June 2013

Morning Ladies oops hooligans...

Merlcat and Camillegal I'm with you not much for playing in the dirt. Thank God for DH he keeps everything alive in my yard. But I do chip in with weed pulling. I have some heavy duty gloves and my husband cracks up at my body posturing always on the look out for bugs ;)

ChickaD I love the pic ;) your hair cut is super cute!

Praying for everyone in chemo today. We lov ya and are right there with you.

Sweet Pea