STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited June 2013

MIL has a fracture in her pelvis. They brought her back home in an ambulance. Today the are arranging for home health nurses to come. DH didn't get home until 3 AM. I'm in no position to help her get around. I could do some cooking so they wold have dinner. DH will have to talk them and see if they want me to. What's a little extra in the pot?

I woke up not too long ago. Time for my coffee.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

So sorry Veggy. She have help at home?

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

Guess what......after this cancer shit I feel like I aged10 years......always had a knee problem, but much worse now.....all I want is my life back before Rads, Femara (letrozole). I can accept the cancer part....sure it sucks that I got it, but that was the easy part....all the shit that came along after is what took me down......bad enough menopause kills our Estrogen, but that friggin "devil pill" sucks the life right out of us.

I go to bed every night and say......just one day with no pain anywhere, sure they say exercise, it takes away the aches, but how the f--k do you walk, when your knees are so bad, you can't go any further..........oh I know, 15 minutes this week, 20 the next, etc, etc,. Just tired of trying to "keep up" when everyone your with is walking ahead of you, and not giving a f--k, that you can't go faster......dealt with it last night walking from the parking lot to the university where the HS graduation was being held.......then coming out it was pouring, and the pace was even faster.............

Maybe I am having a bad day today......just so tired of this shitty life, but I guess it beats the alternative........OR DOES IT.............thanks for listening........no one else gives a shit like you all...what would I do without you.........I should be ashamed for complaining when so many have it so much worse.......just tired of it all, I guess

• veggy
    edited June 2013

She has her oldest son living with her. He's going to set up home health nurses to come. I'm too weak, plus she's in her bedroom on the second floor and I can't make it up steps. Chemo weakened me. We probably should have a family meeting.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

Oh Veggy what a time u and u'r husband are having--The know u can't do alot and she'll be taken care of--I thig cooking is a great idea, well the only thing I make well is CHICKEN noodle soup. Thick with noodles so good luck. Take care of u'rself too.

Good Morning Princess, see I treat u with respect, not like the CHICKEN lover (no names) Is there anyway u can post a pic. of u'r hair--I don't know how to do that at all. I've tried but nothing. I can copy from FB and bring it here, but that's all.

BTW thanks Chevy. Mine never burns when I pee nor hurts in any way peeing, sometimes there's blood in there. Wht hurts is my side and toward where my ovary used to be and it's actual pain. it's strange actually.

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited June 2013

Princess Kantalope - STFU!!!  What in the hell did you get me into?  This is the insane asylum.  I love it!  You are right, no one shuts up here.  I was on here last night and am already 3 pages behind - Yikes!  With my work schedule I don't know if I will ever be able to keep up.  I had a good laugh here today.  Thanks.  Ya'll are wonderful.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

mary, so glad that they didn't give you decadron!  Yippee!  Also glad that you haven't peed yourself yet.  I think my spontaneous peeing is done for this cycle. 

Hello to all the newbies.  I would greet you individually and personally, but this is my brain right now:

Dear granny purple mountain majesties principessa - dang it ... forgot what I was going to say, but I mean it, really I do!

chevy - are you in one of those commercials about pelvic mesh lawsuits?  Or is that different than tying your bladder to your cervical vertabrae?

cammi dumpling -  you complain and whine all you want!  I just hope they fix it!  Plus Chevy will always listen and help you even though she sometimes uses harshly judgemental words before she does.

I slept most of yesterday and last night.  The chemo pain started and I tried the Tylenol then 2 hours later added the ibuprofen.  It still hurt like an mortarforking...something so I took an oxycodone.  OMG, I slept some more!  And without pain.  And without yaking up my other meds.  It was a small miracle. 

Question for you medical wizards:  Should I just cut to the chase and take the oxycodone and skip the tylenol and ibuprofen?  Which is worse for my poor liver?  my poor brain?  Oh wait, you've just seen my brain.  I will just have to manage the constipation.  Hahahahahahahah! like that is possible.  Yesterday I had to poop a bowling ball.  Sheesh!  My sis said "kinda like having a baby?"  Hell no!  When you have a baby you have a medical team there helping and comforting you!  Just consider me the opposite of poor Chickie who cannot get off the toilet because she can't quit pooping.  whoops, probably TMI again.  Sorry

Phyllo who sucks at surviving chemo gracefully

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

Yep Sas I am, doing ok, usually Friday afternoon is when it hits, but daughter wants to go out later, so we will see....

Mary glad you are feeling ok....{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

Cammie you deserve us to be nice to you, complain, you complain, hadn't noticed, honestly, we all do..no worries....got chinese yesterday have some in the frig...so excited....thinking apples with peanut butter for lunch...

It is raining here and we are expecting more heavy rain....daughter wants to go to the mall, well, I want to go to the mall and since I have no car she is taking me with the grandchildren, maybe we will eat at friendlys which I love....

BBL

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

Yea Blondie, weather sucks today.......shitty ass depressing day.....I hate my daughter working 5 days now.....loved our Thursday, Friday outings.........she actually is working from home because the new building that the had built ( Navy Yard area) has something in it that makes her sick "severe allergies" so they put her on "working from home" , till they find out what the problem is...........normally it is 4 days in the office....1 day home........and she works every minute.....excellent work ethic, gives them exactly what is expected, and more.....must get that from her father...lol

Enjoy you day girlfriend........run between the raindrops......hugs

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

Big (((((((((HUGS)))))))))) FOR EVERYONE!!! Got to get back to work.

• veggy
    edited June 2013

Our family doctor put my MIL in the hospital. Smart man. Then he suggested something like a nursing home until she can get around.

• marywh
    edited June 2013

phil, love your brain pic. Thanks for the laugh. Shitty day around here too. Rain, rain, rain, which means dh is home and in a bad mood too. Would love to crawl back in bed and sleep the rest of the day away...

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

Anyone that has rain, can have my sun, heat and LE.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited June 2013

Yeah it's the princess here..and it's raining and ugly here too.

Jo-I knew you would like it here..don't you dare go away..Chevy will come and find u..

Veggy...sista/friend...I'm so sorry for this shitstorm u are havin....but I'm glad they will put your MIL where she belongs...they cook there too ...take care of u right now.....

Ill take the rain over the heat any day....

Ill be back

Princess purple kantalope

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Chicklet!  I love your drawings and painting!  Wow!  I took a drawing class once.  It was even harder than algebra and that's saying a LOT.  I so admire people that can see an image in their head and then make their fingers reproduce it. 

I'm trying to post a link to a Photobucket album that has some images that I might use if I can get my act together for a show.  So far no luck.  However, here is an idea of the kind of stuff that I like to do:

Idalia, O

I also have a LOT of black and white landscapes that are my real love.  I've never had the negatives scanned though so I can't post them.

Please be nice.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited June 2013

Phyllo, love the photos. What is the mound in the middle one? There are some hills in Oregon that have those colors (and brighter) naturally. Google John Day Park.

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Thanks wren! The middle one is milo (sorghum). Usually corn is piled outside the elevators that are full but here it was milo and I loved the colors.

They ARE the same colors! Beautiful.

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2013

Chevy......40 Celsius....not Fahrenheit!!!!!.....lol

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

Oh Shut up Scottieeeeeeeee!  Ha, ha!  I might have known that, had you SAID that in the first place! 

Phyllisisinoble!  I understand that picture completely.....  Wise minds think alike.   

So what are you saying, that we have to be nice now?  When did THIS start?  Is this one of your new rules?  Or just something you made up. 

Sounds like Miss Ducky is having a terrible day....  We DO have to play nice around her.... No telling WHAT she will do.   And she doesn't like rain, or her Daughter working....  or any number of things.....  Go find her that Pilot.... That should straighten her attitude up....Wink

And little Jo.... don't pay any attention to us... just go about your Merry way, unless you want to join in.  We're mostly harmless.... Unless we choose not to be.  Princess Kantalope tries her best to make us think she is harmless, but we KNOW she is just taking her time.... and waiting to get her new choppers..... THEN she will be back to her normal self. 

And Flowers, just let me know if you really want those recipe's....okay?  I have them all in a box, ready to mail, but I need your name, address, and emil, I mean if you still want them....

Talk to y'all later....y'all!  xoxoxoxo

Hi Wren, Mary and Grammie....  Just cloudy here.... And it keeps it cooler!  What is it there Scottieeee?  50 below Fahrenheit? 

And yes!  Blondie girl and little Veggy..... Sorry about your MIL Veggamite....but it's tooooo hard for you to try and take care of her....  the hospital will probably send her to a re-hab place anyway. 

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited June 2013

Blessings All - hoping and praying for NO PAIN for ALL on this site this weekend.  Veggie, I hope your MIL is doing better.

I am having fits with my irritable bowel for days now.  WTF?

I do not think it is RADS that is doing this.  It must just be the SE's of the last chemo.  YUCK!  Does anyone take anything that helps STOP the diarrhea?  I can "run" right out and get some!  Thanks in advance,

Flowers

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited June 2013

ChevyBoy - yep, I sure do want those recipes!  I will PM U with my address, etc.  I will b happy to pay U for the shipping.  Or, we can barter for something else tht U might want/need!

Flowers

• veggy
    edited June 2013

Red, red wine... You make me feel so fine.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

Flowers!  Hey kiddo..... I answered your PM....and they will be on their way to you Monday!  No....  no money please.... It's just a gift, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed, collecting them!  

Sorry about your ummm problem...!  Dang!  When I was taking Tamoxifen, AND I couldn't sleep, I took Melatonin.... And that caused the same problem!  So then I was taking Immodium AD like 4 at a time!

Finally I quit taking EVERYthing, and it all cleared up!   

Bye y'all! xoxoxo

• jo1955
    jo1955 Member Posts: 7,545
    edited June 2013

Princess Kantalope - You died and left you in charge?  LOL!  There is no way in hell Chevy is going to be able to run me off.  You bunch of lunatics make me laugh and that is what I need right about now.

Can't believe I am having to deal with this spotting.  I called my BS - I have his cell number - and told him what was going on.  He consulted with a MO friend of this and they both agree I should push for a hysterectomy.  He told me if my gyno won't do it to let him know and he will refer me to someone who will.  He said I shouldn't be messing around with this.  Princess - you know how much I loved my BS and to this day he is still looking out for my best interest.

• marywh
    edited June 2013

We have been known to scare people off...

• marywh
    edited June 2013

What a long rainy boring day. I love being home by myself, but if its raining dh and ds are home with me and it changes the whole atmosphere. They dont have any inside work right now, so they've been home alot. Nothing interesting to talk about tonight, except that Sas, I may be coming to Fla. sometime around the 1 of July, if my chemo body can handle it... We'll be driving. Sister lives just north of Jacksonville now. Is that close to you?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited June 2013

Flowers

Call your onc and ask for the rx strength Imodium. I took 6 one day, it did help some. Finally quit eating, nothing in, nothing out. Don't really recommend that.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited June 2013

Phyllis

Your photos are wonderful. Just go with the oxy, it may have the Tylenol or ibuprofen in it so you'd be getting too much. I know Vicodin has Tylenol in it.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited June 2013

Here we go again, ran out of adrenal from output from yesterday, told dear stupid boyfriend to pick his clothes up in the morning.

If someone needs something give me a call.

Cami hope the problem straightens out.

Still reading

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited June 2013

Veggy they sent her home with a fractured pelvis? Krips who has there head up their ass. She's unable to walk without assistance on a 2nd floor. Does she have insurance. Do they care that there's a safety risk here. Did Insurance cause this. What do you know.? If Im asking questions that are out of bounds just tell me. this is crazy. Okay just got to post re: putting her in the hospital. Now who was it that sent her home.?

Ducky your nuts cut that thinking out.

Jojmojo please suspend realty as much as possible. Yes we voted early for the plumbing to be ectomied. Glad you have such a great Surgeon. I had the works out in 1996 when my twin was dx'd with ER+. Still got bc, but 14 years later. AND twin is still clean --told her to get the works out to. Bit of and insurance battle but we won.

sorry, can't concentrate, may be off awhile., I'll move the roll call forward