STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

I must have missed something WTH is going on....sitting here with tears rolling down my face and after reading, for me it has taken a whole different thing....I know this was a place for humor and I guess I shouldn't have thought of all of you as family but I did, and I am probably one of the main reasons why people left with all the twins stuff....I thought this was a safe place to talk to people that understood all of the other stuff that is going on with the cancer that it just came out.....

there are some days I can't get on here and when I can I can't remember what I am talking about....not sure what I am going to do, but I didn't know there were "rules" about what I was supposed to talk to about or not, now I do....I loved that people cared enough about wanting a contact to check on me if I wasn't around, made me feel special....not sure what I Will do...doesn't feel safe anymore....people judging....luv to you guys and sorry if I ruined it for you...

Sandy

BLONDIEX46 Original 8/96 - 1cm, chemo, rads. Recurrence..9/09...Mets to lungs, chest wall, lymph nodes under arm & chest, cervical & lumbar spine, ribs. Femera, Falsodex, Zometa, Xeloda, Gemzar, now Taxotere
    Dx 9/1/2009, 3cm, Stage IV, ER+/PR-, HER2-

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

thanks Sassy you do more that I could ever do.....let me know by pm who I could/should check on....feeling ok, but going to lay down soon....

• iatigger
    iatigger Member Posts: 269
    edited June 2013

Sas, I am still here but more of a lurker. Sometimes things move too fast to post anything relevent so I just keep on reading.

When i first found this group I really enjoyed the friendly banter between Chevy, Granny, and Scottie. That has been lacking lately. Hopefully this is just a funk and the fun will come back to the STFU group soon. Laughing

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited June 2013

This is family and all families have challenging times. It's clear from all the posts that we all care very deeply about this Ohana (family in Hawaiian).

PPK and Scottie, you are so dear to all if us. Take all the time you need but remember how much we care about you

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited June 2013

Blondie,no sweetie ,it,s not you babe. You just keep on venting about your problems. April has not checked in for awhile. Others are actively posting on. Other threads. Stacey is fifth day post open. I heard from her post operative. On kindle. It has a mind of it,s own. Hugs sassy.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

Amen to what everyone have said - Shellshine and latigger - I completely agree. Granny was the one that urged me over here and now I have to stay, to help whoever is here and hopefully you all can help me.. We have just had a little too much "down" time and need to give eachother strength to carry on and smile - 

I'm trying very hard to smile today - every time I turn my head, I get dizzy and my balance have been off for the last couple of days. I know it is the switcheroo they are playing with my nerve pain meds. Have a call into the pain doc but getting dizzy, just typing this - I REALLY have to get back to my computer work - but I care about everyone here and when a family member is unhappy it makes me sad. Ok we all HAVE to encourage and smile:

smile

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

Blondie, Dont go anywhere. I think it was great you felt like you could talk to everybody.I do miss the humor that this thread used to be about, I love all of you for different reasons, and I miss my daily laughs,but I realise life is not always funny. I dont know how to fix this situation, but we need to try....xoxox

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

Foley,could be drug, could be inner ear. My dizziness is from crystals in inner ear. Let you primary know sad.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

What a mess...this is what happens in our real life families, and we hate it....I know that because we talk about.......ok we bitch about it.......so is this all going to disappear.....lets bring the humor back.....your all so good at it.........please, my day can' start without a fix from STFU.....and don't tell me " we,re still here"............no, not true.....it can never be the same without all of us loving each other, and another thing...WHO AM I GOING TO TELL MY PILOT STORIES TO". Love you all.....

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

Foley,sorry honey,dizziness has many sources.head many origins , worst can be stroke.heart.New drugs. That is why you should see or talk with primary real soon.

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

I have no primary at the moment :P but I called my pain doc and waiting for the call back. Gabapentin and lyrica are both known to cause this issue - he is weaning me off the gabapentin and I figured it is time to cut back a bit - just getting confirmation.  SAS - don't need a call, I'm waiting for the doc to call me back - HUGS

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

Blondiedumpling, I agree with Mary. Don't go anywhere.

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Ducky - Me me me - I like your pilot stories and No one better leave!

Oh have to tell you a good one. Hubby got ready for work "before coffee" the other day.. When he came home and took his shoes off, he realized the reason for his feet bugging him..... He had two different pairs of shoes on.. it was hard not to laugh at him....

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Doc just called back and took my off my noon dose of Gabapentin.. We shall see how that works. 

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

Oh my goodness, loved the shoe story.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

Hi gals!  Glad you all haven't jumped ship!  I mean I'm just sorry some of you feel like you have to apologize for something! 

I KNOW everything changes, just like WE do, but so what?  No reason to go looking around for reasons, or try and think "What did I do wrong?"

Miss Ducky pants.... We can have fun anywhere we go!    God only knows YOU know how to do that all by yourself!   Probably every Pilot this side of Denmark knows this better than any of us! 

And by the WAY!!!  You being the oldest of OLDEST should be the "keeper of the gates."  Right?    And I'm next.... I think.  But if these errant kids want to  go off on their own, that's fine too! 

People can post where they want to.... but I've loved being with each of you....  And hopefully making a little difference once in awhile.  

Hope everyone's day is doing better!  I have to go out and plant some 1/2 price perennials I bought at Super Walmart! 

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

GMa he had 2 different shoes--to funny.

Blondie this has nothing to do with what u say so get u'r Ass back here and don't change a thing-or I'll send Phyloslap over and she'll take care of u--not a gun tho phyloslap just a little roughing up.

Sas u give 110% to all of us---u always have --like I said I've known u for a while and talked with u--don't stop doing whatever u want u'r a beautiful soul.

OK now about me--my toenails need to be cut, they are like eagle claws and it's a big job, and I'm even to embarrased to go to the foot De. that's how bad they are--My Katie-kat thinks it's her own personal entertainment cuz she chases them--she makes me laugh. I'll do it in the next few days--u thought I was going to say hrs. but I have to slowly build to this.

Oh I start PT this week--ick I told u it better not be like boot camp cuz I'll leave and they better not put me in a position I can't get out of myself. I used to bend to every position now nothing, absolutely nothing. LOL

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited June 2013

Gma, my shoe story goes like this....very young wife, pregnant with first, at GYN for first time...not knowing what to expect...everything off but shoes...while I was getting dressed thinking "that wasn't so bad" I looked down and saw blue on the left foot and black on the right...OMG!

Love you all!

Blondie, you hardly ever complain ... not you...not anyone...just a bump in the road...and remember, the word FUNk has plenty of fun in it.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Joan that's cute--maybe the Dr. was color blind too--oh no I don't think they can be--Oh I don't know LOL Well my hair is still FUNky with the bright blue in it (not old lady blue either)

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

Hi Gals.... aGAIN!   Okay Joan.... and Grammy.......

One time when I was working at Coors giving tours, one of my fellow tour-guides was standing talking to her group.... 19 of them in all!    I looked at Sueanne, and said SUANNE!!!  Where did you get dressed????  She looked at me like "What??"   I said "Do any of you in the group see anything different about Suanne?"  (She had on a blue shoe, and the other one was brown!)  And we all just cracked up!  Suanne did the most!!!  So from then on, when I would page her for a tour, I used to call SHOE-ANNE.... come to reception please!" 

We had about as much fun working together as .... Well, like we do here!!!  

And another thing!  It is just too dang hard to keep track of everyone here that we love to talk to!   I mean I can hardly keep track of my DOG!  Or my Husband!   If I see them or hear them, like HERE, I know they are okay....  But it's just hard to expect ALL of us to always want to post here, when they might want to post somewhere else.... Like for the Onion.... Or Westword!  YOU know!

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

Cammi!  These are your new feet!  AFTER you trim those "eagle claws"....  You mean when you trim them, if one flies across the room it breaks a window? 

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited June 2013

whimper....  in the corner, sniffling....  i love you all

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited June 2013

Hi beautiful hooligans,

I am just checking in I had my right mx last Thursday. I am doing pretty good, sore and the drains are a bother but I am hanging in there. I see the DR on Friday for results and next steps.

I just wanted to say I lov all of you ladies. I was scared out of my mind when I was diagnosed back in December. I didn't know what side was up. I was still breast feeding trying to be a new mom. I tried to go on line but only found scary news. Maybe I wasn't ready for it because I didn't know the path I needed to walk. But one day I logged on to this web site and read this thread. I loved it!! I found my self laughing and crying. I was in a very dark place and you all helped me feel like I could breathe again that maybe I would be okay.

You all are family to me! Sass you are amazing all that you give to all of us. Shellshine you reached out when I was scared about surgery. Blondie, Camillegal, Mary, PPK, Scottie you are so strong you are an inspiration!!! GMA, Ducky, and Chevy I lov your banter and strength! ChickaD I connect with you going through the same chemo and up coming radiation. Julianna you are a nurse also and have ties and roots to colorado. I can't name everyone but all of you have helped me get to this point in treatment.

I lov that we open up to each other!!! Share good stories, and bad!! I lov u all and in saying that I love every part of you!!! I feel honored to help or just to listen to what is going on. Please I don't want anyone to leave.

Healing thoughts and Hugs

Sweet Pea

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Chevy u'r amazing how u get pictures of me---those are my feet when I'm done and those are my shoes of course.

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

MostlyMom - sending you hugs in the corner - Why don't you get on God's huge rocking chair and let him give you my hug?

hugs

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

Cammi, you are a tart!

And Sweet Pea!  That's what we all like to hear!  That you are doing alright, considering being smacked with a mac-truck, and that you like us...Ha! 

And nope we're not leaving....  Too many "friends" here to move somewhere else! 

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Off to mail ChickaD's goodies!!! Hope she is doing ok today..

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Chevy thank you--being a tart is a compliment to me now. LOL

Like the huggy bears. I love hugs.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited June 2013

I just mostly lurk here, get a good laugh. I need them. I'm going to ask MO for anti depressant, maybe I can get my funny back.

I recently(3months ago) left another forum I'd been on for 9 years. I go back to lurk, but not post. Maybe with more time ill start posting again.

Maybe that will happen here too.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

Cammi is a tart! I am a pie. My fat foot is slightly less fat. I had to lje down and put it up above my heart. That is NOT a good position to type from, so I gave it up for a while.

I wonder if my foot swelled because I'm wearing this compression sleeve and tank. It's gotta go somewhere, right? Like when you squeeze a balloon.