STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited June 2013

Hello Hoolis - 

Thanks for all of the get well wishes.  I still feel like a dish rag and plan to sleep my Sunday away while listening to the golf tournament.  Both golf and bowling are my favorite TV shows to nap to.  Very sedating, no?  Just talked to my Dad to wish him a "Happy Father's Day" and he informed me that Tiger Woods in "in the weeds" as far as this U.S. Open goes.  Oh well, can't win them all I guess.  Time to take the Puggy for a short walk, heat up a little more chicken soup and then back to my blessed bed.  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

CMB.....get well quick........and enjoy your soup, and bed...

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

Well done with my cleaning and started my spagetti sauce. The whole crew plus my sister are coming for dinner this afternoon. Dh said ok as long as it was in between the race, golf and the basketball game tonight. ha-ha.He is such a creature of habit. He went out and played with his new chainsaw last night-so far no hockey mask. I got him the most hysterical fathers day card today, all about farts, which he is an expert. I almost peed in my pants at the store reading it. I know everybody was thinking, who is that nutty bald woman and why is she laughing so hard?

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

Mary...love it.......my husband use to say..."pull my finger"

Then when the grands came after he would fart he would say to them.... .......whoa did you just see that elephant that ran under my chair..........and God help everyone on Thanksgiving Day.......we spent most of the day with our noses inside our shirts to hide from the smell......

I say to my sons now 55,49, and 46..,,,"your father will never be dead ad long as you 3 are alive"............,and they have no shame ...my daughters and I say.....oh my God you all have "The Barbieri Ass"

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

Love all you gals!  Just got back from that "Honey Baked Ham" place!  DD in Florida called them, and we picked up a HUGE spiral sliced Ham, plus 3 frozen side dishes, any dessert we wanted, and a huge bag of eggbread rolls!  I thought it was Christmas!  Oh, AND a jar of Hummus. 

DD#2 is coming for Dinner, and probably a small army, for as much FOOD as we now have, Ha!  So sweet of her!  DANG!!!!   I remember when we couldn't even buy the HAM from that place!  But I think growing up, and having not much of anything, really makes you appreciate everything you have now! 

Joan!  I finally learned to love my Dad after my Mom passed away....  That drinking of his, just made it miserable for us all... But when she died, part of him died too....  He loved her through it all ....  and I didn't understand.  When he got so sick, he couldn't drink as much.... And he started calling me every day.... and just talking, and telling me how much he missed Mom!  At first I thought WTH????  And then everything softened.... I started taking trips to see him, and we talked and TALKED!   And I learned to really care about him!  That made me so happy.... I helped him as much as I could....  but I wanted to!   So my memories begin then.... and they are so sweet....  For a year and a half he really became my Dad!  

So I miss you Dad.....  Sweet Dreams, Sleep Tight, Good night.....And thank you for being my Father..... I love you....xoxoxoxo 

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

GMA I would love for you to make something, you pick a color and I will pay it forward to the ladies at chemo....thanks again

CMB...wish you could feel better, has the temp gone down at all?  Love watching Karma work....so happy that you got the receipes enjoy them...

Nope me either Chevy...didn't even know they filed one!!

Thanks Ducky appreciate it....waiting for sand to come from belize they are going next week and will add it to my collection of sand!!!

HUGS, Shell, Wiii, Sassy, Joan, Ducky, Granny, CMB, Cammie, Chevy, dunes, mary

Thanks Joan I know, they need to be away from me, feel bad that they have burned their bridges....I know they have anxiety which on 1 takes medication for but also think they have agoraphobia, they only go out with a family member and when they are out they want to hurry home as quickly as possible....think they need another psych eval...

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited June 2013

Jun 7, 2013 10:30 PM, edited Jun 15, 2013 10:52 AM by sas-schatzi

May 17, 2013 07:53 AM, edited 6 hours ago    by sas-schatzi

May 10, 2013 11:44 AM, edited 22 hours ago    by sas-schatzi

May  6, 2013 10:29 AM, edited a few seconds ago    by sas-schatzi

By next week we're going to have to do a roll call to see who's who and who've each has decided to be. I'll start off then as people add the old ,the, new, and the wanna be, I'll keep adding names to this list as I see them.

"A child of many names is much loved"

*ChickaD, ChickieD, chickadee, Miss chickie, chickie, chickiepoo, Dchickie,Chickadana, Our Baby Dana, Chicklet-- OHIO, Treatment: BMX with DIEP sameday-surgical history; chemo to start approx may 17th2013, Furballs:Shepards-Tasha& Samantha Contact:sassy

*Mary, Marywhat, Marywho, Marywhen, Marywhere, Marywhy, Maryhowmuch, Maryhowoften, Marycontray, Ice-road Trucker,IRT Short for I-R-Trucker,  Hoedown Girl(Nov9th2013 DS wedding), NORTH CAROLINA,Treatment:chemo, Furball:ZiggyDog; Contact:Sassy

*Camilegal, Cami, Spunky, Spunkie, ILLINOIS, Treatment:done,Furball:Kati-Kat, Contact:sassy

*Chevyboy, Chevy, Olds, SweetPea, Chevette,Chevylicious,Chevorlette, GM Chevy, COLORADO, Treatment:done? furbal:?, Contact:

*Princess Purple Kantalope, GrannyDukes, granny, GG, Princess Kantaloupe, Princess K , PA, Treatment:done, Furball:none, Contact: Joan811, Veggy, Sassy

*Pdgraham, Phyll, Phyllis, Phyllopian(phoenetically that's fa'-lop-pian, Chevy did you really mean to call her a tube attached to the uterus?), Phillissians(now Chevy's got you in the bible), Ph/pH now your a measurement symbol for acid/base balance. Choro-phyll ah environmentally correct producing___? Is it oxygen or sugar? Phyllo Dough. Phyllopteryx (the weedy seadragon) now she's a dinosaur er weed?. PhollicleDamage speaks for itself. Phyllandita, is this a drink or a plant species, PK,Phillidromia=plant?, Phyllipinat, Miss Pie Dough, Phylissnavidad, Phyllylopsided NE, Treatment:chemo, Furball:none, Contact:sassy/PPkk/Chevy/Ducky/Jan/Chickie

*duckyb1, Ducky, Promqueen MHC, Duckling, Duckmiester, Miss Ducky, Duckster, Duck,  PA, Treatment: AI, Contact:PKK

*SasSchatzi,Sas,sassy,cassyorlina,sassafrass, FL., Treatment: BMX, recon, chemo, brainsx, done, Furballs:dini-lab, schatzi-germanwired haired pointer(GWP), Contact:CkickaD,PPK,GMA,Lindan3,Fuzzy,Julianna,Stacey,Marywh,PdGraham,Wren44,blondie

Red, Carla Terry Hunt, our Angel 5/4/2013

April485, Stretch (am 4'11" - Ha!), Glinda the GoodWitch, Treatment Rads May 2013, Furball:, Contact:

*Shellshine, Shell, Shells, Shinyshells,Queenshell, Queenshellarina, Shellshiner  HA. Treatment:TE to foobs May2013, Furball:, Contact:Stacey, Marywh

*Kathindc, Kathy, Kathy-in-dc, Treatment: None, Furball: taking care of daughter's cat (that I'm allergic to) and dog when she travels, Contact: ocassional poster, home thread elsewhere she's okay :)

Cmbernardi, Flower, Flowermound, Flowers, Ms Flowers, Carolyn, TX, Treatment: chemo, broken foot5/13, Furball:Broadway Rudy Guiliani dog, Contact:

*Scottie, Fartface, ONT., Treatment:, Furball:kitty?, Contact:

*Chabba,Treatment: lumpectomy, radiation done, 4th fo 5yrs of Tamoxifen,problem toe now4/13, Furball:Yo aka Pal, Goof, Contact:Sas

*VEGGY, Plain Ole Veggy, Veg, Val, PA., Treatment:BMX,Chemo May 2013-NED 5/22/13, Furball:none, Contact:PPK

*Blondiex46, Blondie, Sandy, Miss Purple, Blondiepurpledarling, akaBPD, PA., Treatment:chemo, Furball:, Contact: sassy, Scottie

*Wren44, WA., Treatment:LX, re-excision, MX 2012. 1year anastrasole done/4 to go. Furball:none, Contact:sassy

Mericat, mer, meri, MARYLAND, Treatment:, Furball:,Contact: sassy

*Iatiger, IATig, Tigger, Tig , IOWA, Treatment Bmx, no chemo/rads, TE exchange 5/13., Furballs: 4 kitties, Jazz- 16, Jack-5, Sniggle & Fritzy both 3, Contact:

Beatmom, Brenda, OK., Treatment:, Furball:, Contact:

*GMAfoley, GMA, OR., Treatment:ProblemSleep apnea/Insomnia, Furball:My Tigger Dog, Contact:sassy,PKK, Bernardi

*savgigi, jeannie, Treatment:LX/SLND/IORT/AI, Furball:Kitty-Maggie, Contact:

*Julianna, Jule(s), Jewel, Treatment:BMX,AI, Furball:none, Contact:Sassy,Shells,Marywh,Stacey

*Jan69, Jan I am, Jamarama-ding-dong, Jan the Ding DongTreatment: BMX done; chemo/rads 2011done, Furball: thumper, bambi gopher, smokey the bear, Contact:

ShaneOak, Shane(where are you?), Treatment:, Furball:, Contact:Ocass poster

*Spookiesmom, Spookie,Treatment:, Furball:spookie, Contact:sassy

*Joan811,Joan, Treatment:, Furball:, Contact:

Dvrgrl, Alaska, Treatment:, Furball:,Contact:Ocass poster

Stacey, SweetPea Treatment:chemo5/13, sx in 6/13; Furball:, Contact:sassy

*Luvmygoats, Luv, TX., Treatment:, Contact: occass poster

Dwilli4483,Dwilli, Dwilliwillinilli,Treatment:, Furball:,Contact:,

Mostlymom,WV, Treatment:, Furbabies:Dog-jessie-Australian shepard, DD kermit mostly pug. Contact:

Charles Petleyocassional poster

Jo1995,jojo,jomojom,treatment:tram done, fruball:, Contact:PrincessK

Who'd i MISS???????? SASSY

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

Going to delete update record at the top, unless anyone can see a reason to keep it. Took off Sandcastle has only posted a few times.

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

Shells , I know it's all though, hang in their you've got such great support in DS. H hx is such a mixed bag as you well know, the seizures as well could be a mixed bag, but also related. An MRI of the brain can give lots of clues to grey matter status, again you know that too. Consider a liver bx, will show extent of liver damage by alcohol and iron storage disease. Also, consider evaluation of an Iron panel and Ferritin. Yes he's an alcoholic, but hemochromatosis primary by genetic and hemochromatosis seconadary due to alcohol is an appropriate rule out. Or combo of the two can be sorted out by testing by utilizing liver bx results. Hemochromatosis, is not just associated with liver. It affects brain(dementia) , heart(cardiomyopathy), skeletal(arthritis), diabetes(frank or potential), obesity, cancers(BC being one and I think prostate another). Haven't studied it in awhile , but think those are the high points. Celtic ancestry folks at risk and American Blacks because of Celtic genes.

Queenshell this to shall pass L&H&P's sheila

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited June 2013

OMG..my chemo brain can't retain all the fun names...I feel like we are in a sorority...... Miss Sassafras you are AWESOME and thank you for the cheat sheet again!

My first real STFU moment....road to Walmart with my hubby today as I was feeling bad his Father's Day was poopy due to my BC side effects...so I put on my big girl panties (and my Depends..lol) and took the drive...too tired to find a hat to cover my very sexy bald head...went in store, hung on to cart (so dizzy but didnt share that with DH)..got what we needed..got in line...woman behind me was staring and staring at my very sexy bald head....she says kinda snippy...."What would make you choose that hairstyle....you probably had beautiful hair"..I kinda snapped, I think because of the pain, and just simply said...Cancer chose my hairstyle and I will pray for you and your ignorance......Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

My new bald head...I know, very sexy and some of you are jealous...

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited June 2013

Good One - Perfect Answer. Just perfect. What was her response? Wish I had a video of that one!

She was probably jealous because you're so beautiful.

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

Oh WOW  little Chickie!  Good for YOU!  Atta-girl!    And you have the prettiest teeth! 

Yes, I will be jealous of you .... I just want you to feel better!   When I first saw that picture, I thought you were wearing a new cute hat!

BUT IT'S A DAMN PILLOW!  Ha, ha!  But cute pillow AND blanket...Ha!  xoxoxo

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

Busy, Busy day for u gals.

Flowers has u'r fever at least gone down, I hope so but still rest no matter.

Blondie this sounds so harsh but u'r heading in the right direction for u'r circumstances--really--U need to find peace and u need to find special time for u'rself.

Oh Dads I was so blessed I was closer to my Dad than my mom and close to my mom too. But as we all know by now I was his baby til the day he died a little over 6 yrs ago. He was so kind, loving and funny and people who knew him always gave him gifts--sometimes for no reason, candy or booze--what he loved--My dad drank alot but he either went to sleep or he got all lovey and told us how happy he was all the time--so we knew he drank to much so it never bothered us and he didn't go out to drink so he was safe for others too. And he admitted he loved o drink and everyone knew it. But he actually got nicer. And he never missed work so it was all right I guess and then he worked til he was 85 and went blind. Oh a story---My mom wanted to go shopping --a Sale was on- so she talked my Dad into taking her and he did. When my sister and I came over later she told us what she bought and we asked how she got there--and she calmly said u'r father took me---UH excuse us Mom but dad is blind--and her answer was but he takes good direcrions--I told u they were characters--beyond belief--that when the keys were taken and my mom was like well he said out of one eye he can see light and dark????u know how they say when u've been somewhere so many times--I could drive there blindfolded--my dad did. BTW the car went to me--it was pretty new at the time hahaha

Ducky I can imagine what was said about u'r mom in those days, cuz it was awful to not have a husband bringing up a baby. And see God blessed u with a wonderful Mother--such ways of thinking then and I'm so glad it didn't bother u cuz it shouldn't have. U'r mom worked so hard for u--bless her soul.

And chevy I'm glad u had some chance to know u'r father as a different man so u could be free of that feeling. It must be hard tho for any childhood to have such disturbng times. But u came thru it like a champ.

U r all so special and kind whatever type of lives u've had and most sound not great, but somehow everyone weathered their storms and are out in the sun light. So it's possible oh memories we go down this lane sometimes. LOL

I hope u'r all enjoying u'r day--even in bed  alone or.......

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Thanks much.......didnt wait for response..just walked away

Xoxo  pillowhead...lol

I think I'm on the up swing in feeling better!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

I take so long writing, I missed that beautiful picture of our Chickie--Oh so pretty and loved the STFU moment u had with anpther customer--WTF was she thinking??? Stupid that's it.

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Lol  Miss Camomile...... it does make me laugh now...

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

Happy Father's Day everyone!  I have a bazillion posts to catch up on. 

I was down in the dirt yesterday and most of today but I think I'm crawling out.  My white count and neutrophils were up after 3 days of neupogen shots, but not enough to continue the Xeloda this week.  Doc said labs again next Friday to see if more neupogen before chemo on Tuesday 6/25.  Then will have to assess if this is a combo that I can continue on. He said "I am trying to keep you from worrying."  HA!  Too late buddy-o!  Anyway, I spent way too much time contemplating scenarios and crap that I know I can't control. 

The good news is that I felt a bit better today was got in a walk around the park this morning and one this evening.  Watched a movie this afternoon with my sister.

Done with moping!  And moping in the dirt.  Too many bugs and worms down there.

Chickie, you're beautiful!  And smart!  I would have said "and just who are YOU to ask such a rude question?  And you have ugly hair."  I would have been expelled.  I'm glad you weren't.  The high road is always good, especially when you can find it!

Gma, I would love to have one of your scarves.  I don't know what color, but I have beautiful blue eyes!  Well, sometimes they are.  Right now the eyelashes are pretty scraggly and my right eyebrow seems to be about half gone across the top. Time to get out the crayons. 

Phyllips

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

cami - yes'm, my left ankle is swollen.  Along with my foot.  It looks like a loaf of bread.  Luckily the ankle monitor is not choking me......yet.

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

Dear Miss Grahamcracker...losen the ankles shackles  ....  that should help!......is the Xeloda a type of chemo?

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited June 2013

Hooligals - I've been in the lurking mode lately. Haven't felt like posting.  Stressed over my thyroid and/or parathyroid tumors.  I had more biopsies last week and doctor said she'd call me Friday.  So I sat by the phone all day, of course, but she didn't call.  So I'll repeat the sitting again tomorrow.  At least one of the tumors is pressing against my esophagus - wierd and worrisome.  I know few of these tumors are cancerous, but with my history.......

Chicksexyhead - You could make baldness a fashion statement.  Hoping you feel better soon.

Phylwholovesanklebling - A walk around the park sounds nice, watching a movie with sister, priceless.  Glad you are out of the dirt.  Hope the swelling goes down asap.

Shell, Sas, Blondie, I worry for you.  I hope time will mellow the hurts.

Phyll - We just turned on the weather channel and it looks like your part of NE is getting some bad weather.  Hope you are safe.

Chevy - worried about Colorado fires and you.  We live on the edge of a national forrest and worry big time about fire.  DH has gathered up the thumb drives (I think that's what they're called) and put them in the fire safe.

Cami - Please keep on being you.  I love your banter with everyone.

Hugs to all,  I keep track of you even when I don't post.

Jan -

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

Ok al Had to catch up here.. CickaD's Scarves are done and will be in the mail tomorrow affernoon. If I read everything correctly, Flowers gets a blue scarf, Blondiex gets a surrprise scarf (and everyone knows how I keep surprises) and Phgraham gets a blue one  - did I miss anyone ?  You all need to PM me your addresses - will see what I can do... Now that I have the pattern down it shouldn't be too bad.

Been cleaning and BBQing all day - The grandsons are coming the week of July 4th. so needing to kidproof the house.

• MaryLW
    MaryLW Member Posts: 1,585
    edited June 2013

ChickaD, I'm amazed that that woman thought she had a right to comment on your hair. Even if you hadn't lost your hair due to chemo, and just liked to buzz it all off, it's none of her business. Only a very rude person comments on personal things-- the way we dress, the way we wear our hair, what or how much we eat. How crass! 😡

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited June 2013

Well, this stupid fever and aching body is still hanging in there along with the chills and sore throat.  Not one to tolerate antibiotics well so I guess I will just keep drinking my tea and juices and eating my soup until I float away!  Will mention the whole mess to my RO tomorrow but not sure what she can do.  We shall see!

And Miss ChickaD - U look marvelous!  I personally am loving MY bald head and all of the fun scarves, hats and berets I can wear.  My hair is just starting to grow in a bit but I may just decide to keep shaving my head.  It certainly makes it easier to get ready to go out after my shower and I am kinda getting used to it.  Bought 2 cranial prosthesis but have only worn them a few time because the hats and such are sooooo much fun.  Anyone who wants or needs my wigs (one short brown and one short, dirty blonde) may have them.  Be aware tho, I have a huge head!  PM me if anyone wants them or the 84 Tamoxifen I still have because I could not tolerate it.  Free of charge of course!  Have a blessed week ALL.  HUGS!

Flowers

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited June 2013

PS-- Where is the purple kantaloupe? 

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Jan, thanks for the weather warning! I had no idea.

Chick, yes. Xeloda is an oral chemo.

I'm very excited to get a blue scarf and so sweet of Gma to help out those of us who are currently follically challenged.

Flowers - feel better soon!

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    edited June 2013

The purple kantalope is right here.thanks for asking.

Brings me to the reason I posting now.perfect timing.

I don't like the buddy system that sas put together.You kicked off Sandcastle..do you know if she is alive?

I havntosted since June 9th.13pages ago.Strangely neither did Scottiee.

What exactly kind of buddy system did you have in mind?

Don't answer cause I don't care.

How could you forget poor RED who fell throu the cracks.

And yes I'm directing this to you sas since u became the keeper of the gate.

I do wanna thank the sistas who truly cared and either mentioned me or sent me a pm to see if I was ok

I'm gone..

Princess purple kantalope

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

Now Princess, it ain't gonna do anyone any good if you go getting mad about something.  I guess if people want to post, they will, and if they want to move on, that's okay too.  We don't forget about anyone, but sometimes they fall through the cracks, because there are so many of us posting all the time.    Some leave for whatever reason, and some stay! 

Some people just don't want to post..... either on here, or somewhere else... it's nobody's fault... We can't go looking for them, whether we are buddies or not....  And we don't forget little red.... or you....!

Just hate to see you go little Kantalope.....   I think this makes us all feel like we have done something wrong... xoxoxoxoxo

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited June 2013

Karol told me she was going to post and I said I would be right behind her . I am so disappointed, sad and angry with my so called family here. I thought we had a buddy system here..ha . Sandcastle was ousted and not one person even asked after me except two PM's I got and I know that was because of Karol. I could have been dead and buried just like Red before my so called family woke up!!!!

My other issue is that this thread has taken quite a twist. Before, I couldn't wait to get up in the morning and have a good belly laugh while having my coffee. The same thing when I would come home from school. Some of you gals were like therapy for me, actually better than therapy. This thread took my mind off of all the crap in my life and it was good for the soul. Now it has taken such a twist I barely laugh anymore. It's supposed to be about humour and that was why I joined.

Cami....you I'm disappointed in most of all. We would have "coffee" in the morning which

I so enjoyed. It saddened me that you did not even miss me or ask after me .

My feelings unfortunately are the same as Karol's, and it is with a heavy heart that I too

will not be back.

I wish you all well.

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Ppk, so sorry I didn't check in you by pm, but had seen that you had posted in other threads, so I assumed you were okay. I feel bad that I was wrong.

P

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited June 2013

Sweet ladies, I was just reading through all of the posts trying to catch up wondering where everybody is. Please don't leave. I may not post every day, but I certainly read everyday, most days 2-3 times a day. Grannydukes and Scotty, please stay around. You make my world. I didn't have a buddy, but I figured that was ok, too. You guys are so helpful and funny. You put into words what I was thinking. I had just told my cousin at supper that as soon as I got back to our hotel room I had to ask after a couple of our ladies. To tell you all the truth, I hadn't asked because of that buddy system.....I'm a newbie and did not want to be intrusive. Please, please, please reconsider. Beatmon