STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

PhyloBenandJerry---U really think about that alot--Is there no ice cream in u'r state of confusion or the State of insanity. They have to have it somewhere.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

You guys might not get confused about the 2 marys but I sure do. Ok, heres the newest dh idea-Waverunners for both of us! Im not kidding, I said what about winter? we cant ride them in winter? He says yes you can, you wear wetsuits. Oh geez somebody, help me. wet suits? I have enough trouble with my compression t-shirts. Somebody please come take over my life. I really should take up basket weaving, and he needs to go back to work...

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

Okay MaryOne!  How's that?  And other Mary, YOU are MaryTwo!  At least to me.... Until we find out something about you, and can name you appropriately...Wink

A F****** WAVE-RUNNER???   Your DH is going through menopause. That's it!  He is living in his fantasy world.  I would jump ship.  I MEAN!!!  A WAVERUNNER???  Take that man's temperature.... he must be hallucinating.  He wants to drown you.... that's all.  Go find another husband, if all else fails.    Or get him a job at Walmart as one of those greeters.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

Basket weaving would snag you compression garment mary LOL but on the other hand this looks like a great project for ya!

basket weave

cool looking basket I might add 

• marywh
    edited June 2013

I love the basket Gma. That is so cool. I wont show it to him though, he might start looking at bikes with sidecars next. Poor thing I really think he is going through delayed mid-life crisis.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited June 2013

Went to Knoebels Amusement Park today. I wore one of those turbans that is made of towel material. I didn't want my head to burn. A lady comes up to me  and asks if it was okay to talk to me. She didn't want to upset me. She asked if I was going through chemo. I said that I just finished it. She said that she had breast cancer 25 years ago and keep positive. I was happy that someone came up to me. I saw a couple of women wearing Tshirts about BC. This woman could have been any one of you hooligans (oops sorry). Right now I am so tired from walking from bench to bench. DH was so surprised to see me walking so much. I have to start building up my strength.

• marywh
    edited June 2013

Did you ride the rides?

• veggy
    edited June 2013

No, not this time. It was the first time I didn't ride.

• marywh
    edited June 2013

I used to love going to amusment parks. We still go when we go to the beach. Dh got brave last year and rode that bungee cord thing that shoots you up in the air at like 90 miles an hour. I thought he was going to throw up. lol. Im glad I stayed on the ground.

• veggy
    edited June 2013

I'm still dizzy from chemo. My kids tried to get me to go on something like a free fall. No way. I had fun watching people's expressions.

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Ladies help! I just tried to get up and every joint in my body HURTS! Doc has been cutting back my gabapentin... Could this be withdrawal? My nerve pain in the breast has gotten worse too. Crap I didn't expect this.

• Cocomom
    Cocomom Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2013

I've got a STFU for you:

I was waiting for pathology results from a surgical biopsy, it was late Friday and results were supposed to have been to me by Thursday, so I called my onc on the phone to she if she knew anything. She said, "The pathologists are consulting with other pathologists, but don't worry! Have a great weekend and we'll call you on Monday!" STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• marywh
    edited June 2013

Yell

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Don't you just hate when they do that to you!!! Not nice.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited June 2013

Gma, not exactly withdrawal, but the gabby was working more than you thought, by cutting back you are feeling more pain.

Have you given any thought if this could be something other than bc related? Like neuropathy, it thoracic outlet syndrome ? PN can be anywhere in your body, and have many causes.

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited June 2013

Cocomom that is sooooooooooo wrong! That onc should get a STFU delivered in person!

• MaryLW
    MaryLW Member Posts: 1,585
    edited June 2013

Cocomom, are those doctors even human? I had a bone scan 8 days ago, and don't see the oncologist until next Tuesday. I'm pretty sure the report is online, but I haven't been able to make myself check. I'm just really afraid...😱

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited June 2013

I'm sorry MaryLW. I feel ya!

• Cocomom
    Cocomom Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2013

MaryLW I hear you girlfriend. Here's a wish for a clear scan. Poof!!

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited October 2013

I love all you {ladies} (?) some of whom iv talked to in private. you do make me laugh when nothing else will. HEY Camillegal! 

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited October 2013

Gmafoley, how long haveyou been taking the gabapentin for? Is the doc telling you how. I start calling my docs, "Doctduhs" especially the one who 'measured' my LE arm with his filthy A$$ stethoscope! And had the nerve to write down in my med record, that he had measured me. Oh yeah? What did it measure out to? His n.p. told me. I gave them bloody heck and the next time i brought him a tape measure.....HA! His eyes got big. But i think gaba stays in your system for 72 hrs, like almost everything else. Just so long as you don't stop them abruptly. Why does he want you to stop. I am still taking pain meds 9 mos out from my surgury. cause i have been in pain since. my pcp has no problem presribing them, when my cancer team docs did. thanks everybody. you know who you are.

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013
    Morning galsl!  Yes  Maryone.... These men either get Tattoos,  Harley's or Wave runners when they feel like their life is passing them by.   

Just go along with him, unless he wants to visit the Mustang Ranch in Nevada...ha! 

Congratulations Veggy!  Did you tell you that you were one of the Hooligans on BC.ORG?    I'm amazed that you could do as well as you did!   But you DID it!  You got out, and did all that you could...and just take it slow and easy.

And again Maryone!  I'm just glad your DH didn't get you on that bungee cord thing and have YOU shot up into the Stratosphere!  That man needs a short leash.

GrammieFoley!  I'm so sorry this happened!  Would any of your Doc's be able to figure this out??? 

Spookie and Kath, those ideas sound really good!  I know NOTHING about that stuff... but maybe these gals can help?

CocoMom.... Man, that is the worst!  I hate when they don't have enough empathy for their patients to at least TALK to them!   I would call them back today!  Tell them how afraid you are... Ask to talk to someone that GIVES a damn!

Even my Husbands Dentist call us to see how he is doing after pulling his teeth!  And called the other day, to make sure the pain was better!

Wish ALL Doctors, etc. cared as much!  You guys want him for your Doctor? 

CocoMom... that was funny when you said "poof".... You belong with Spookie.... Ha! 

Kath!  He measured you with his stethoscope?  Well I guess it was better than with his sock!  What a dink!  Glad you bought him a tape measure.

Talk to you all later....xoxo

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Thank you ladies - I am having weight gain and swelling in my extremities from the gabapentin - I have been on it for almost 2 years at 1800mg/ day.  The nerve pain still comes through with exercise. (Even though now, they think it might be a neuroma and will be seeing the BS next week to confirm). Also I am Brain dead - and having balance issues.  Ears are clear - Pain doc thinks its the gaba, so we are trying to get me off the gaba and put me on Lyrica to see if that helps better, but a slow process. 4 days ago, I dropped one of my 600mg Gabapentins, but didn't raise anything else.

Spookiesmom - I have talked to the docs about the thoracic outlet and they don't think it is. unanimous vote.  I do have costochondritis from my radiation treatments (2 years ago next month), and now, being I can pinpoint the pain, think it is a neuroma, also caused by the radiation. 

Hope that covered everyone's questions.

Got up late this morning - better get back to my computer work - sun is rising at 5:15 again - nice for me, not nice for the ones that want to sleep.

"Peek a boo Sun"

peekaboosun

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

Grammie!  Good Morning!  Man, I wish I could help you, but I know NOTHING about what you are going through....  You are probably working with a team that can figure out what is happening to you, right?    If not, we could just all get together, and do it ourselves!  I just hate when one of you gals hurt, or are getting chemo....

For SOME silly reason, you are all like my kids, or sisters, or just special people!  Even though you are all nuts!  xoxoxoxo

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Talk about nuts--I removed this from my favorites and this morning I saw it---ooohhh I'm so sorry now I don't remember much that I read --as usual.

Cocomom I don't like thst--sometimes it really means oops I forgot to look at it. so today is Monday find out today.

GMA--don't like tht pain--I don't understand if u'r in pain why they would stop anything that helps u--hell I'm still on paibmed and stronger ones so I don't get it. IDK my 1st Onc. told me once I was into chemo for my second yr. and I told her about pain and when she asked me how long I had it I told her a while and (nicely) she reall scolded me cuz she said she tries so hard to keep pain away from her patients with whatever they need--well she gace me morphine--too much I didn't like that so I went on a lesser one, but she was so adamant about not having pain. And now with my pain my Dr. asks me what I want to help me (cuz I know what I can't take) but they really seem to understand pain even after chemo cuz chemo and rads do a number on u'r body in different ways for all of us. And all the meds we still take it doesn't just stop like a cold---call u'r Dr.--well I would anyway.

Kath u sound like u know things about meds--well we need u here we are all on something so u'r work is cut out for u LOL

ChevyTongue OutWink

That basket bike is really amazing--but it will give men an idea--maybe women too. Mary1--u'r husband is coming up with ideas so far they're all screwey.

Veggy that's alot of walking and I know I would never

go on ride like I used to, Hell I'm dizzy enough just standing up--that's my amusement ride. Ahead rush.

OK I tried to remember what I could but u know I remember not much--so I probably left out important things.

I have to take a shower today---yes today---it is a big deal--right Dunes> I have to go to PT today (first time) and I don;t want to stink LOL the first time anyway.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

Good morning! veggy, you rock that you were able to go to an amusement park!

Gma, so sorry that the pain is so bad! I wish I had something to help. Love the motorcycle basketweavy thing. How do you start it?

Marysplural - I will try to keep you straight in my head, but.please be aware that nothing else in there is straight. I already had to edit/delete a post because I mixed you up.

Hello to cocomom. Your name makes me want to sing Koko Taylor songs. She was incredible!

Wait, where is Cammi? Is today her PT? Hope it goes well and HELPS.

MaryWTH! A wave runner?! Can I come along? Wait, I mean is he nuts?! Tell him no because you don't want to risk getting your hair wet. Haha, hope you thought that was funny!

NEXT (just like our purple haired cutie, Blondie)

Phyllo

• veggy
    edited June 2013

i like to be called insane. I hurt from the hips down from all the walking I did yesterday. I might be taking some of my pain medicine... prescription srength... by lunch. I'm happy I got out of this house yesterday. I took my hat off several times and no one seemed to care. If they did I didn't see it. Today will be a quieter day.

GMA- loved the hat you made.

Chick- You look wonderful!

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

This morning my fat left foot looks almost like it's sister on the right! Yippee!

I was wearing my compression tank and sleeve during the day, but LT therapist said I could stop that (gradually) and just wear them when I go to bed. But to wear the sock during the day. Like I will remember all of that!

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

ducky - you okay?

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Phylobump---our posts bumped into each other u silly.

DUCKY CALLING DUCKY---OK call is out----

Wait is today Thursday---I think it is--oh I can't get these days stright anymore--I wish I could get a part time job, but it has to be no standin, only on days I feel well enough no more than 3-4 hrs at a time and if I feel like leaving I can -no questions asked Geeze I don't think I'm hirable-Oh well es la Vida.