STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

Philly, wish I could say yes, but I'm not...........this shit here has really affected me.....many can just walk away, and say "oh well".........I can't........that is not me..........I try to keep peace in my family, and I thought this was my second family....sometimes even nicer then the family I gave birth too....................this hurts, and it will take me time.........I don't really think anyone knows how much good this site did.................it was my first thing in the morning, and my last thing before bed.

Ok, say I'm an asshole, and say "you have no life", and maybe I don't, but I do know that whatever life I had, was made happier by the ladies here........"all of them", not just a chosen few....................I thought we were a family, closer then any thread on this website

GUESS I WAS WRONG.........SILLY ME.............

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

Cami - I called the doc and I'm also going to the Breast surgeon next week - Just WAITING for the call back.. You all know how that is.

• MaryLW
    MaryLW Member Posts: 1,585
    edited June 2013

Chevy was talking about the dentist calling to see how her husband was doing. My dentists (general, oral surgeon, endodontist) have always called to see how I'm doing after any major procedure. Our veterinarian has always called us if a pet has had to stay at the hospital without us. When our dog died, the vet sent us flowers. When our daughter's cat died, her vet had a little plaque made with the cat's footprint. But physicians? None have ever called. Why do dentists and vets care more, I wonder.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

OK someone say something intelligent--and we know it's not going to be me. All I can say is I feel bad for all of us--this has impacted us Ducky cuz I think most of us felt the same way. But things happen within the closest of people and sometimes we are not clear why.  Ducky give u'rself some time to rethink this. We survive, that's why we are here and if someone hurts us we are all hurt but u can't let that change u'r feeling for the rest of the group. We love and need u and if Granny and Scottiee came back that would be fine--we don't want dysfuntion here--Our aim is to lift the load that has burdened us all and some still have so much to go thru--they can go on other threads and adk and get answers to anything but very few threads give answers and enjoy each other. So heal in u'r heart and bring u'r sunshine back as soon as u can--we'll be here waiting for u. U are to important to us.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

ducky - nobody here would say you are an a**hole or that you have no life.  I hope you don't discount your own contribution here. You're an amazing woman with a hilarious sense of humor (plus you're the oldest and sexiest and you're a cute yellow ducky.)   I'm so sorry you're hurting and I hope that eases soon.  I'm thinking about you and if you need me to say something stupid to make you laugh,  I'm your gal!

cami - you say you don't but you always DO have something intelligent to add.  You're the bestest!

Phyllo

p.s. Is it a requirement to shower before going to WalMart?  I hope not!

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Phylodirt absolutely not--I think it is a requirement NOT to take a showere or dress properly to go to Walmart, that is why so many people go.

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Ducky I agree with you 100% - We are a family - even with disfuction sometimes - I miss everyone.  I have only been here a bit, but you have helped me through my sad and laughed with me during my silly times. I was just told by somebody - to move on and get a life!  STFU - how do I move on when I am going through so much.  Your encouragements and laughs is what gets me through.  Ducky time will get us back together.. Love and Hugs to you - I know what hurt is...

BTW - Doc finally called back and upped my Lyrica - hopefully it gets me through the weekend.  If not, I do have pain pills I just don't like the constipation that comes with it.

ouch

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited June 2013

The only requirement for Walmart is pajama bottoms. I'm not sure what you're supposed to wear with them.

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Ratty old T-shirt goes with pajama bottoms.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

Ducky,we love you. If everybody leaves what good is that?We just have to all work through stuff in our own way. It made me really sad, but I would be sadder without you all. By the way Im going to Fla. tomorrow for the week-end, but will be back here tonight to say my farewells.Cry Dh wont let me take my computer....

• JAN69
    JAN69 Member Posts: 731
    edited June 2013

Ducky - I love you!  I do! Jan

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited June 2013

GMA, we have been friends from way back..other threads......we were LE buddies along with Binney and the gang.......you were diagnosed 2 months after me, and we both got LE, and had the same Oncotype score.........8...........so we are connected.........thanks for your kind words, and its always fun when someone can make you laugh..............

The next time someone says.......GEt a life, tell them to STFU.........I dare you.....lol....

Philly.................you rock................

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Marynocomputer---smart husband-- he figures u need a break from it all and he's right--so in case I don't catch u please enjoy ur'selves and don't go fishing--he might try to LURE u--don't give in. LOL

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

Ducky Please!  There is no shit going on here....  and I'm not going to say anything that would piss people off.... It's just not me  You said it yourself, something about people leaving, and if they don't want to come back, it makes it look bad when we beg them, because we don't value the people that stay!

We all have something to "give" on here....  to each other!  This ain't our family..... we can say anything we want!  This all makes ME feel kind of guilty that I posted about my Folks, or my Husband that drinks!  I never DREAMED it might make someone else mad!  This goes for you other gals too!  When things happen to us, we can come here to maybe talk to each other....  and not have to worry about what anyone else thinks.

I just want to forget it all happened, and tell you guys that I am staying.... and hopefully the rest of you will too.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Well as u can see I'm staying and Chevy nothing u posted could make anyone mad--nothing and we tell each other to shut-up all the time and that doesn't make anyone mad--so it has nothing to do with that. Don't think it does.  I just hope Ducky rethinks this and finder way back to us, I enjoy her so much amd she's so smart in her thinking and hell I enjoy everyone I like to look at the lighter side of all this crap--I get tired of all my Drs. and app'ts and shot and PT things and blood work etc--and I come here to enjoy some fun stuff and not think about what's really happening--so I don't have time to be mad or hurt--I want time to goof around the way I always have.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited June 2013

Marywh, Can't DH just get a red convertible like all the other mid-life crisis men? Tell him you love riding in red convertibles.

So, I'm curious. Wal Mart is running an ad that interviews people in downtown Seattle. It talks about the BILLIONS WM contributed to the Washington economy. Then the bubbly blond gives people gift cards to Wal Mart and they get all excited. I'm wondering what they're up to, because they don't have a store in Seattle. There's one in Renton which is south of Seattle, one in Bellevue which is the other side of Lake Washington, and one in Redmond, home of Microsoft. Are they softening us up because they want to build a store in Seattle? I'm wondering if they run this ad anywhere else?

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

And yes Cammi, we will!   Did I mis-spell "too" on that last post?  Is it "to"???  Or better yet, does anyone care, Ha! 

Phyllodirt!  Ha, ha!  Okay fine!  Go to walmart with your pajama bottoms on.... but no top!  Nope!  That would be "over-dressed"....  Wink

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited June 2013

Ducky, please don't go! Your sense of humor is important to this group. Even if Chevy "thinks" she is the funniestWink, no one here beats your sense of humor! I am at work and decided to "pop on" on my break and this broke my heart!

There are several later stage sisters here. We never know from day to day what life will bring. We need the individual contributions of EVERYONE. kay? xoxoxo

Sometimes ya just got to get over the hurt and stick around for the ride, even if it is bumpy!

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Right Chevy----

Wren I bet they are trying to see the interest in that area for another store, they are all over the place and the people who go to one--My DDs go too. LOL

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited June 2013

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

GOOD one Veggy! Ha, ha!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited June 2013

Where is the "like button" round here...thanks for the smile Veggy! Kiss

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited June 2013

Oh my, my suitably dented derriere is back. I've been reading for awhile, lost track, I was overwhelmed with the number of PM's I got chest pain, but it went away.  You are all so special.Thanks for being patient , I just needed time to think.

Ducky, we can't change the past, but we can change the future, and the funny is back. Like Cami and Chevy said take time to heal, we will have a bit of a scar.(understatement). BUT we all here have scars, not an understatement

I'll say the following and then leave it lay, i think please everyone else leave it lay too. When I posted that I deleted Sandcastle, it was with the express purpose to get feedback as to whether or not I should, But I didn't say that. The list was so long that with someone who had another home thread that they were very active on, it made it difficult to know who to watch for. My communication was poor, I apologize to everyone for that. The rest of my thinking was a few posts later so, I won't go over that again. I hope this makes better sense or thought completion. I think everyone has expressed their grief and I do mean grief. It will take a long time to recover from our loss, and frankly, there will be a place in our hearts that will ache over this forever, I know mine will.

The funny did go away for awhile. It got very DARK. It happened because we all trusted each other with are deepest stories of hurt. With each story of hurt, another would share their story of hurt to help whomever was hurting. OR advising, for example, as you all did about my stupid boyfriend. While it was dark, the uniqueness of being able to share what most of us likely haven't shared with many, has deepened our caring for each other. This is the reason this thread is so unusual. It's not superficial banter. The worst thing that could happen is if someone is in emotional or spiritual pain is that we hesitate to talk of it now.

We need to talk about how to handle the roll call list, but let's let time do it's magic of more healing and bring it up in a couple three weeks L&H&P's sheila

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited June 2013

Sas, good to see you. Glad you are ok. You are so right about the dark and the trust we had in each other so we could share. As I said before, this is my only thread. I prefer when we are happy hooligans but I can also deal with the dark times. Raining today. Sitting at my desk, not motivated to work, but my oldsters are needing me so off I go! Have a good day!

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Sassy, you have a dented derriere? Are you a plumber? I think they have that problem too! Glad you're back missy!

File`Gumbo (that's what my mom used to call me when she wasn't mad at me)

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited June 2013

Sas, glad you're back.  You are a source of knowledge that would be sorely missed by everybody on this thread.  I am more of a lurker than poster here but do so enjoy all you wonderful ladies and man (I can't forget you Charles!).

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Just hanging out. "Want to go to Walmart with me?"

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Sas u just needed some time, and I'm so happy u'r back u did nothing wrong, so as u said let it lay.

Phylogumbo did u go to Walmart in u'r fatigues and ankle bracelet---and I bet there were many more bracelets there too,

Marynoncomputer will not be talking the next few days her DH has banned the computer from her sticky little fingers. Now Mary u will have to talk to u'r DH so think of something just don't talk about fish, water or gear.

Veggy u are to to funny--I love those things and one day u wi se me post something and I want no one to complin that I ruined the page. NO ONE LOL I really don't care complain all u want--I'll do it again if I want to (shut up Chevy)

I have to go for PT do I dare wear rings and jewelry?, a no I'll dress like I'm going to Walmart.

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

sassyfras -  Here is a photo of a sassafras tree.

When you dry the leaves and grind them up you get file' powder for gumbo. 

That must mean we are related!  Or something!  But you are in my heart, if we can find that.

Gma, love the leopard/cheetah thingy.  I will put on my zebra print jammie bottoms and we'll go!

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Phylopicguitarsfruitfilledjars