STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited June 2013

Morning my friends.....some AWESOME things already seen today in Juneau....

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

Ladies - the Lyrica is giving me many issues (swelling, balance issues, short term memory issues) Its starting to affect my work - I have a msg into the doc and the nurse on the phone said this med probably isn't going to work for me.  I am hoping the meeting with my BS confirms the idea of a neuroma which we can treat... other wise  I don't know what I will do.. rats rats rats - i don't want to be in pain but I want at least what brain I have left - back!

• ChickaD
    edited June 2013

south sawyer glacier

South Sawyer Glacier....and my cutie hubby, John

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Thank you for sharing ChickaD - I so wanted to go on a cruise to Alaska - but it seems my dream might never come true.

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited June 2013

Chick: you will have to book hubby and I for next year! Keep sending the pics if it isn't too much trouble. We all are living vicariously through u!

GMA: I am on cymbalta and love it. Maybe u can try it. It also has taken away my 60!year old aches and pains. I told the pain doc I was staying on it until the day I die. She keeps wanting me to add back some gabepentin, but I am still resisting so I am not in such a fog. I can tolerate the low level of pain I'm at now and keep half a brain......don't give up.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited June 2013

ChickaD, wonderful pictures.  Thanks for sharing.  DH wants to take a cruise but so far I've resisted.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited June 2013

Chevy, DH started out with Afro-Cuban drumming, went on to Samba. He now plays the cuica (pronounced kweeka) which imitates animal sounds - and is small and easy to carry now that he's 73. He is also taking lessons on the shaka hachi, an ancient Japanese flute. I do far more ordinary things.

Chickie, thanks for the photos! We did an Alaska cruise when I worked for Holland America Line. Lovely scenery. DH lived in Anchorage during jr. high and high school.

Mericat, Have you seen the bumper sticker "Grandchildren are your reward for not killing your children"?  One of my children is a hard worker who tries 110%. The other thinks life is to have a good time and the money will follow. It seems to be working for him.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

SAS Dry hair, dry hair. whew got that out.

Chicy so glad u'r taking time out for us--u'r a peach of a chick--I love u'r ho nails but then again look who's lovin them.

Phylononpoopnowcan--did everything come out all right. I'm just having my coffee now--see how screwed up I am, but my DD made me a smoothie with banana, strawberry and peach, a vanill yogurt and lots of ice--yummy Have one Phylo but not the banana. BTW if anyone knows about illigal things take Phyloexcon--she knows Oh do u have a tatto with a clock and no hands on it? Most of U'R kind do, you know.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

If I ever went on a cruise, or a trip, it would be Alaska!  My Dad helped build the Alcan highway, when he was in the Civil Engineers before he went into the  Navy!  He had so many pictures of Alaska, and his life there....  The scenery is well worth the trip.... Love the pictures! 

Sassy.... different colored chickens lay different colored eggs!  The one and only I found, was very pale pink.... but after being in the refrigerator over night, is was a pale brown..... and so cute and tiny when I fried it.... The yolk was very yellow, and stayed firm!    I don't think chickens poop...Ha~!  I mean I never go in far enough to get any on my shoes...... 

Grammie Foley.... So sorry about those balance issues!  Dang!  Wish we could help you more!..............

Oh yes Phyllicaughtme!  I will take MORE eggs also!  I have watched those damn chickens for more days than I can count, and I just get a "thank-you!"  Not only THAT, I also feed and change the cats water, water her plants.... bring the mail in!  And I might mention have a heart attack when those chickens peck at my crocs with the little "bee" on them!   They are really getting friendly"!    Don't say a word Cammi!  xoxoxoxo

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Beatmom - I tried cymbalta - it turned me so mean my DH left the house and the dog left the room - Zoloft did the same thing to me long ago...

I'm still hoping this neuroma idea, being I can pin-point the pain, sounds promising.  Its either that or I'm done and want a Mx.. That is the reason I made the appt with the BS in the first place.  To discuss the idea of Mx for all the pain.  I have other pain - i can handle.. but this constant nerve shooting, stabbing, keel me over pain everytime I exercise - That has got to go... one way or another.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

GMA u actually were that irritating that the Dog left the room--oh DH's can leave for any reason, but our furbabies? Wow

Chevy did u really eat that 1st egg out of the butt of a chicken--the first one??? Won't say another word-Well no I won't.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

After 7 hours of driving, we finally made it home. We had a really good time, but didnt get to go on my ghost hunt, even though we made it to St. Augustine, it was so crowded you could hardly walk. But what a great little city..So many things to look at.Im going to try to catch up on everything now. Be back later.

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

Cammi, I don't think that's where they come from!  They are formed inside, and then when they burp, one comes out!   I got another one awhile ago!  You are just jealous!   I'll bet you have never eaten an egg?  Where do you think THEY come from?  And you don't even KNOW the chickens!   At least I know the first names of the 6 next door....  I don't know who is who, but I don't think they care....Wink

Welcome Back Marythetraveler!  Go rest awhile!  Glad you had fun! 

• Beatmon
    edited June 2013

Gma: I can't believe u were ever mean! Since my daughter moved home, I have 3 doggies that follow me from room to room like I am the pied piper...a 75 lb boxer, a 25 lb. wire hair terrier and 6 lb shitpoo....it is pretty darn funny to watch. Hope they can finally get to the root of your pain.

Araucana chickens lay blue green and purple eggs. I can never remember that name. Be

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

YES Be!  Ah-HAH!   See Cammi, SHE knows!    And besides I didn't eat the shell.... so there!  Yes I did...

My other chicken neighbor did give me a "green" egg!   They all taste the same though!  The two I got were just small.... but the "girls" are growing up...Ha,ha!  Wink

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited June 2013

Chev, Had a friend who lived just outside Ridgefield, WA back in the 70's.  She raised Araconnas and kept me well supplied with pink, blue and green eggs.  Loved the fresh eggs.  Once when we were there she was hatching eggs in her family room.  Our 7 lb spayed mutt tried to nurse the chicks.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

GREEN, BLUE. PINK EGGS WTF is happening to thes chickens? R U sure they are not bunnies mixed with chickens, and no jealousy here Chevy I like eggs--never had them fresh like that tho--I feel better buying them in a caron all white, well sometimes brown and coloring them myself. Nay I don't do that anymore. OK Are we done with the CHICKEN stories, my DD made chicken tonite I passed on that one.

Well Marysbeenaroundtheblock is back--rest first then get caught up--Chicky's sending some great pics.

And we just had a spooky storm, I mean black and poured thunder, lightening my Katie-Kat is still in hiding. sooo we'll see. I know when it's bad cuz rain doesn't bother her at all--it's storms----

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited June 2013

51st wedding anniversary today - like i said on fb, we should each get a metal

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited June 2013

Mostlymom:

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

merl what an honor...congrats to him am sure you are so proud...

Chickie yay to you for posting, love the nails, the room and the pix of the ocean....

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

Happy anniversary! Did learn something very useful while I was in St. Augustine. We went on a tour of the Flagler Hotel.It was built back in the 1800s and now is part of the university there. Anyway, when they opened the hotel, the women had to go into the parlor, while the men checked into the hotel, because the men were afraid if the women saw money transactions, it would drive them mad! True story...

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited June 2013

Mom, Happy Anniversary!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

Mary so happy you had a good time.

Thanks chickie for the pix....glad you felt up to it...

Mostlymom, happy anniversary!!

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Happy Anniversary MostlyMom!! 

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Why am I missing things here----

Happy Anniversary Mostlymom---I hope it's great.

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Momma finally brought her by for a visit!

fawn

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

AAAWWWWWWWW

• Beatmon
    edited June 2013

Gosh, congrats, mostly mom.51 years certainly years s certainly wonderful.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited June 2013

Chevy - oh yes chickens can poop. Don't get your feet under their rear end. Here's a picture of pastel eggs for you.Yes, chickens that eat bugs and lots of greenery have deeper yellow yolks. Talk about getting some chickens but never have. DH not into building me anything new here. Doing good to maintain what we have.

with the kinds of chicken that lays them. Araucanas are the one Martha Stewart made famous.

ChickaD - love your Alaska pics and the moon out your stateroom. Glad your having a good cruise but then you would know which ones are the best, right?

GmaFoley - I got put on Celebrex for costochondritis. Sure has stopped the zingers I was having several times a day that were becoming annoying. Hasn't done anything for the swelling at the sternoclavicular joint yet. Love your new fawn picture.

Happy anniversary MostlyMom. Quite an accomplishment.

Marywh - glad you had good trip to see your sister. Too bad no ghost sightings. Love the story about women going mad seeing money traded. Wow, have WE come a long way.