STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited June 2013

Everyone have a good chemo week. L&H&P's sassy. Going to try exercise after reading LMG & MWH's posts. Where's MWL did she decide not to stay? AND BON?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

Okay, you fill a glass with ice, then add Coke, and pour chocolate syrup over it and stir!  I have been drinking those since I was taking dancing lessons when I was about 12!  No, never had a lime Dr. Pepper, but I LOVE hot Dr. Pepper with lemon!  I used to demo those in the winter in the stores here! 

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited June 2013

I still miss the soda fountains where you could get cherry cokes and chocolate ice cream sodas!.  My favorite soda jerk at the Student Union at college used to make me a soda using chocolate ice cream as well as chocolate syrup.  yummmmmmmm

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

Chabba, I loved A&W Root-beer floats also! 

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited June 2013

Nothing better than a frosty mug of A&W on a hot summer night (with or without the ice cream)!

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

OHHHHHt there is:) An A&W ROOTBEER and an A&W footlong with chilli and mustard. OMG. We would drive miles and miles.. What a happy memory :) Thanks haven't thought about them in years HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

Oh, I remember those hot-dogs, they really were the best. and I love root beer too.

• Chevyboy
    edited June 2013

I forgot the HOT DOG!!!  And I love the ones from Costco!  WITH a drink, they are only $1.50!!!!  And we split one when we go!  such a deal!   Do any of you remember Rockybilt Hamburgers?  Those were my favorites!  We used to get one on the way home from high-school.... They were only 25 cents!!!  AND a chocolate coke.  And we could play tunes from that little juke-box they had on the tables! 

Patti Page.... "Cross over the Bridge".... Ha! 

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited June 2013

Julianna, I am not through with my fills and my PS will not give me a definitive answer when I will be done. I started out with a 42 C. I told him I don't mind going smaller. I have another fill scheduled in two weeks. I have two surgeries left- the one to replace the TE and the other to augment the breast I have left. Oh andI will be getting the tattooed nipple but don't know when. Since I teach and will start back in August, he told me I could choose my surgery dates-even mentioned I could wait until Christmas break. Yikes, that's seems a long time away--- uugghhh and as you can tell I'm not to fond of the TE but got to make a living.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

Had my visit with the BS - STFU is all I have to say....

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

OK - I can't hold it in! Please forgive me 

BS is sending me in for yet another US on the right breast and wants me to mark the area so they can find the area of pain – After pointing to the specific spot it hurts he examined me and said, “I just don't know”

He seems to think what ever is wrong isn't in the breast and if I lose weight I would feel better. I told him I know I need to lose weight even though I think it is the meds that is causing it.. He said, does it make you hungry? And I said – no and I have been watching what I eat. I also said - How do I loose weight If I have trouble because I keel over in pain when I exercise? He basically told me to cut all dairy and meats out of my diet and exercise... Was very frustrated with this visit..

He also thought I needed to get a BRACA done and to go see a geneticist to see if this is what I need to do... then it was are you sure its not radiated pain from the spine... No... Then maybe the radiologist can check you being it was after radiation. Been there done that and nothing was even said. …  then it was how is your swelling doing? He measured my upper arm in one spot and told me the Left arm (good arm) is 1 inch larger than the right – more conversation about that .. then He says, "You sure have a lot of issues and you're Unique aren't you? The list goes on.. Lots of rabbit trails – It all ended with “I just don't know.”

I told him if we get rid of the pain in that one areas – I can deal with everything else.  So, first step an US.. then talk to him.. exercise and turn vegetarian?? I don't know... What if the US doesn't show the neuroma??

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited June 2013

My view from the pool deck today...awesome mountains in background....Skagway

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited June 2013

Gma, Nothing to forgive--let it out.  What a crappy visit.  A what kind of diet is that?  Sounds like you would be better served by talking to a dietician.  I guess I would ask him, point-blank, "can you do anything for me?  OR do you want to help me?  If not, send me to someone who can and will."  Maybe you can get hooked up with the telemed stuff they are doing at OHSU.  They have enough experts.  You wouldn't have to go to Portland for the preliminary stuff.  

Dwill, the TEs are a pain but it gets better after exchange-at least it did for me.  Thinking positive thoughts for you, too.  I kept mine in for an extra 2 months because of some business and pleasure trips I had planned.  I survived, but wow, what a difference it makes when they come out.  I had my exchange done on the Friday before Thanksgiving.  I took the week of Thanksgiving off and went back to work that Monday.  I did just fine.  I understand working the surgery around your work schedule.

My visit with the PS was fine.  Nip surgery scheduled for July 26.  He is learning to do tattoos and should be finished with his schooling by the time I am ready for those.  

Hope everyone is having a lovely evening.  Stacey, how are you doing?  I am holding you ladies who are getting chemo or other treatments this week close to my heart.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited June 2013

My hubby bought me a new chemo hat.......its a wolf....

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited June 2013

Do we call you ChickieWolf now? Very cute!!

• dwill
    edited June 2013

julianna, you got me thinking that if I don't have time to do the exchange before the summer is up; then maybe I can do it Thanksgiving break, and maybe add a couple sick days to it.  Thanks for your uplifting input!  You certainly got me thinking.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

Chick I love it--u r beautiful.

And Gma I wouldn't like a Dr. that kept on saying I don't know about everything, Yea somethings but not all that.

OH where the hell do some of u live that u see all these animals around. Chicken, goats, deer, well pigs I can relate to, but all these critters. LOL But I do member A&W==Oh that's where everyone would meet, cuz they had the car hops here. Yes I don't live in a jungle. But it was so fun. That's when we talked to one another or yelled not texting.

Oh I know STFU OK 

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

I'm finally home from chemo. Hallelujah! Got finished at 9:30 pm. On the way out go the car, I peed my pants. Damned Ixempra ! Good thing I was wearing a pad.

Talked to the MO and now have what I think is a good plan for be chemo-related pain and constipation. Thanks for all your help MissSassy! The pain level chart clinched it.

He's keeping me on the Evil Ixempra and Xeloda. He reduced the Xeloda again.

I will catch up on posts tomorrow, but I saw something about a chickie in wolf's clothing?

Phylloxhausted

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited June 2013

Our dog has a new admirer.  She can't possibly be mistaking him  for a young of her own kind.  He is a short, 25 lb, shitzu-poodle mix but that doe follows him around like he was her own fawn every time we take him out.

• dwill
    edited June 2013

ChicaD, you are rocking that hat girl!   Looking great!!!

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

OMG Phylolate Hiw long did u have chemo?  It's late.

Well I know u all know this but I will tell u anyway Kim Kardashin and Kanye West had a baby girl--He is named on the BC so her last name is West--her first name is North. Could they BE any funnier.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited June 2013

Chickie, love the hat. 

Eat your hearts out buddies. My uncle OWNED an A & W stand. We had all the root beer we wanted and it was delicious. Recently the senior center served root beer floats for dessert. Everyone sat around talking about how good they were.

Gma, You might think about talking to an acupuncturist about the pain. Ask if LE areas can be avoided and still get relief.

Hugs for everyone getting chemo.

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

Foley, "... then it was are you sure its not radiated pain from the spine... No... Then maybe the radiologist can check you being it was after radiation. Been there done that and nothing was even said." Foley when we chatted and talked ever so long ago about TOS. You brought it up to the docs and they said no it couldn't be TOS. My sense of what you said was you just wanted to drop the subject. I did. But based on your description above in your post and in the sentence I put at the beginning of this post quoted from that post, your docs are guessing. You did not mention a single diagnostic study done to disprove TOS. Diagnosis of TOS needs to be done by a very skilled person. Not all pain docs are skilled at making the dx of every pain problem. Not all thoracic cardiovascular docs are skilled at TOS dx and treatment. Certainly, a MO hasn't got a clue. AND the most skilled thoracic cardiovascular doc is not going to make the dx on physical evaluation alone, they would order diagnostic imaging and emg studies to confirm their physical findings. I know you would throw your arms in the air and just say forget it, but that's part of the problem isn't it, you can't. Please, find a T/C doc that has a reputation for managing TOS. If it is TOS yay, if not then it is a major problem that has been ruled out. Either way it's important to know.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/DS00800/DSECTION=tests-and-diagnosis

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/DS00800/DSECTION=treatments-and-drugs

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

Good morning, beautiful hooligans! Never forget that in Russia you can be put in Prison for hooliganism. Haha, it's true! I read the news. Pussy Riot got some more headlines. See, this is what happens when I'm in the steroid soup.

I read the last few pages and if I could remember who talked about which animals, I might be able to comment.

GmaFoley-sorry that your BS didn't/couldn't help you. How disappointing!

Sorry that I can't write like Chevron this a.m. but I used up every available brain cell yesterday.talking to the doctor.

I had the times wrong for my appts yesterday and arrived an hour late for labs and everything after that. Didn't get started on pre-meds until 4 pm. Then there is an hour between pre-meds and the X-juice which takes 3 hours all by itself.

The birdies outside are having some kind of big party. They sound so happy!

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

SAS - thanks - I just don't know where to go to figure that one out and with no insurance this whole thing sucks. My docs I have will bill be but new docs want money up front. Guess when I rule out this neuroma idea I will bring this up yet again.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

GMA that so sucks about insurance--If I get started on my rant about it it wi gon forever cuz I thik it;s all BS for the most part.

Phylonotaclue--the birds are gathering not for aparty they are getting ready no doubt for a storm of some kind-our birds are all in hiding right now it's storming. No wonder why u were so late why do they start people that late --I never got started after 10AM and out by 5PM and that was long enuff.Then about a yr later I got out about 3 and felt like I was on vacation. Oh so late.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited June 2013

thanks GMA....love you 2!! So sucks about the insurance....

thanks Shellie for caring, I am getting there....ac was broken, now fixed, eyes watering, nauseous, and am trying to get where I can do anything but sitting in my bed on the puter or whatever...

yep have a good chemo week to the chemo'ers...

Chickie love the wolf!!!adorable..

good phyllie glad the dr. came through...930pm wth is that...wow, mine wouldn't have stayed that late....how do you feel? Me I am there til 5 almost all the time....usually get started about noon, after arriving at 11ish....

going to lay down....bbl

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Yes ChickaD - Love the hat! wish I had one sometimes !

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

• phgraham
    edited June 2013

I don't know who did this but I love it.  For the chemo girls, Hair Regrowing After Chemo