STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited June 2013

LMG's thanks,I'll wear bunches:)

GMA--When we chatted, yes you have breast pain , it's origin is likely related to the breast nerve, but the other that we talked about is different and needs a TOS evaluation. After thinking about your BS reaction. He's focusing on the breast only issue versus all the other symptoms. TOS is outside the range of expertise of a BS who usually is a general surgeon. Whereas a thoraciccardiovascular surgeon has done a general surgery residency and a thoracicardiovascular residency which is allot more years. The question for the BS is ...Why is he so resistant to an evaluation that could rule in or rule out a diagnosis?  Hells bells at this point you'd think he just do it to say "I told you so". But that's childish. If it's not TOS that's important to know. It's part of the puzzle.. In medicine the word for figuiring out a diagnosis puzzle is differential diagnosis.

With a Differential Diagnosis, You list all the possiblities given a set of symptoms. Use clinical knowledge to rule out anything that doesn't fit or relate to the puzzle. Then look at the remaining puzzle items  which now enter the realm of probability.  There are physical exam findings and tests that are particular to each remaining item of the puzzle. It's approaching a problem logically. It's not crossing your arms digging in your heels and saying "No, it can't be that b/c i don't think it is". Hell, if that's all it takes to be a doctor. Medical school is superfulous.

• joan811
    joan811 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited June 2013

Had the scary thunder and hard rain...hope it's gone...but we do need a little more rain.
    Cammi, love the chicken in the pot cartoon.  You are unstoppable now!

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

Schatzi is afraid of thunder. Has her thunder shirt on. Got trapped under abed. The really old kind that has bed boards. I'm still huffing -puffing from lifting the bed. Must remember to shut that bleeping door.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited June 2013

I hear you, Mary. Next time. Pull him aside and tell him your preferences.

Hiya Duckster!!! Missed you !

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited June 2013

Mary, Perhaps tell him that he is SO much younger that he should call you Mrs. _____. That should throw him.

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

Blondie, I get my favorite doc to work up the liver thingy. He is amazing. The thyroid thingy is a finding that the radiologist very kindly mentioned, some wouldn't believe it or not b/c the neck wasn't ordered. Great endocrinologist too, so not worried about thta either. Whatever will be will be. Pm'd you about that other thingy:) sassy

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited June 2013

Wren hahaha I like that.

U know it's kind of like the program HOUSE the write everything down and eliminate from there--Oh now I understand why he does that , I really didn't but now it makes sense. But they call him a diagnostician, which I guess means just that and nothing more?

GMA whatever D=Sas says follow her --cuz she really knows her stuff.

Joan that's the kind of rain we had before u and it was scary--i don't like that either. And yes i have a lot of practicing to do so whatever comes on just bare with me. LOL

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

Cami, that's exactly what House is doing. Won't it be more fun watching him now LOL. Thanks Cami, but you do see the point that I don't think I'm right. I think it's worth ruling out. It's fun though when you get it right, but it's just as much fun being open to it not being right. Now hope I didn't mess with your mind that it can be fun b/c some would think that macbre. I suppose if I use the word challenge that is more in the range of normalcy.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

I told u on my practicing hahaha---And it really does make sense tome about HOUSE, it never did before.

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

Hi Bonnie, glad to see you, yes we are supposed to crack you up, you can help any time you want too. erhh that is crack us up :)

Shellshiner, hows your differentials going, has that doc stopped being mean yet? Almost another week over YAY (Chevy will probably ask about your car). So, which age group do you like the best and which is the most intimidating. ???

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited June 2013

crackup

Well doc said my symptoms are all HORMONAL - thinks the tamoxifen that I just got off of, threw my body into an OMG loop.. Plus the headache was also sinus issues. Both my legs were actually swollen. One more than the other so he said that was a good thing - really? That it is JUST water retention and not a clot.. Sent me home with a sinus decongestant and said if anything gets worse, call your doctor.(um he is my doc now that my PCP left).. Love these guys.. It just CRACKS ME UP!!!!

• sas-schatzi
    edited June 2013

GMA, ALL hormonal, didhe test hormon levels to confirm. headache can be sinus confirmed by sinus films. Is your apnea machine humidified, zwithout humidification, those sinuses can dry out and it is a set up for headaches, if yes different source maybe. If no call the people that provide stuff, tell them you need humidification bottle. They might say you need an order, ask them to get the order , they will. They will teach you how to use and clean. Legs,pitting -push figner over ankle bone, if it makes a pit that is associated with heart, if it's tense and doesn't indent that's dependent adema, elevate and walk. If pitting other tests need done. will wait to hear what kind. Shellshiner may have more to add, or stacey and juliannia, tired now thinking slowing done.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

Okay Foley!  Because you talked about Tamoxifen, I started thinking, that maybe THIS is what started all my skin problems!  I only took it for about 18 months, but I've researched this on the Internet, and yes, Tamoxifen DOES cause all kinds of side effects, not only during use, but after!  

I mean not only my hearing loss, but more subtle changes like skin conditions that will flare-up after lying dormant!  So THANK YOU for making me think.... and for making me open my eyes to different causes, and hopefully a better treatment.

Cortisone ointments/creams have made my skin like tissue paper... so NOW I'm trying what was suggested.... Like Eucerine with urea!  I HAVE some, but didn't stick with it, because I wanted faster results.... !  Maybe it's those damn chickens. Wink

Sass!  Your exuberance for getting to the bottom of something is catching on!  xoxoxo

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

Good Morning--I'm trying--u are all my testers.

Talking about tami it can cause all kinds of things while and after--altho some Drs. say on I don't think so but it's true--Everything we put in our bodies from having cancer is poison I tell u., it insanity, I say. LOL Really let's dace it--IT KILLS OR WARDS OFF CANCER what does it do to othere parts and cells of u;r body. I have said this from day 1, but no one listens to me really--and I know I would do all of it again too. So I'd better STFU.

And When u ask Sas something u get an answer, I mean like I say yes or no she goes all the way. like

Phyloalltheway but in a different area.

How is everyone today--I did my 20 min walk today, longer than yesterday so I'm proud of a little thing like that.LOL An pain meds are coming.

It chilled out from yesterday morning alot so we'll see what this weather brings and no rain.

OK Sas u'r next assignment if u choose to accept it is my hernia--can they do it with putting me out?just local?

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Chevy I suggest Vanicream - I can use this under my LE garments and it doesn't have any of the bad stuff in it.. It was suggested to me by Binney4 a long time ago when I first had LE.

Sas -

1 -The doc said they both pit and because both ankles are that way, just one worse than the other there are no clots - BUT My ankles don't "pit" as such, turns white and takes a while to come back - He did get a pulse in my foot even though my arch goes numb when it is real swollen.  They did dopler US on legs and arm (two separate ones) about 6 months ago and everything clear, but that was before the tamox.  He didn't really tell me what to do for it just said it would take a while to re regulate my system and call the doc if things get worse.

2 - I do have a humidifier - what happens, with my allergies, if I get congested at all and don't have it totally cleared out before I put on my cpap, the pap blows the rest of the congestion up into my sinuses, hence the headache - I use the nasal wash and steam but sometimes it just gets stuck - I think that is why he gave me the extra decongestant - Plus the allergy me makes me dry  - catch 22 situation and its a fine line to make things work.  

While I'm at it - maybe I should also put this on the LE board - If they want to give me water pills for the water retention, what would that do to my LE??? I think they are contraindicated???

• Merlcat
    Merlcat Member Posts: 122
    edited June 2013

I hate to bother everyone especially since I so rarely have time to be able to keep up with how fast this board moves much less comment on much- BUT, do any of you have any input into what I should expect at my follow up with the MO in July? I'm not on tamoxifen or any other drug. The first follow up consisted of a tour of the gruesomely depressing chemo area by a staff member, a weigh in, height check and sitting and waiting for him to come in, feeling up my T/Es, looking at the scar then being held in queue while he went iso the radiologist to check if I needed radiation after all ( shouldn't that have been reviewed prior to my visit?) the guy kind of gives me the creeps and other than trying to sell me on taking drugs( which I do NOT want to do)and eided was not absolutely necessary, what is the point of going?

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

GMA U know I know nothing but I don't know if diuretics help LE, I have alway been on a good D cuz of my BP and it was fine then they changed all mu BP meds??? cuz it was depleting my Potassium so altho I stil take one not as strong it doesn't change my LE or my swelling--it's just a cycle of crap, but Sas wil explain it differently.

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Cami - I know they DON'T help LE - but if they give them to me for my swollen legs and ankles (not LE) would they make my truncal LE worse? Edit: I should have read everything you said first LOL - Brain fart.  So it doesn't make your LE worse then?

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

THANKS FOR BEING HERE FOR ME!Laughing

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

I just got the report from my visit yesterday - I always like to see what they said :

"1. Sinusitis
    461.9: Acute sinusitis, unspecified
    SUDOGEST 30 MG TABLET - Take 2 tablet(s) every 6 hours by oral route. Qty: 30 tablet(s) Refills: 0 Pharmacy: BI-MART PHARMACY #609

2. Malignant tumor of breast - I believe her hot flashes, dizzyness are related to stopping her hormone modulation. time will tell, she will followup if this does not improve, swelling worsens, etc
    174.9: Malignant neoplasm of breast (female), unspecified"

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited June 2013

Merlcat... It's like they have to review our info, after we get IN there!  It would be so nice if they would pretend we are important, and also half-scared, as to what they want to do! 

Whatever he says, ask why, and what would happen if I don't take that, or stuff like that.  Also, if you are older, he should take that into consideration as to what they want to do.   You DO have a choice.... Looks like your nodes were clear, and you were stage 0.... DCIS....!  Oh hell, just let me take over your continuing care....Ha! 

Okay Foleybuddy....  Yes, I always get copies too....  So what does he recommend for your continuing care..... I am opening my shop soon, you know.  So I can take care of ALL of you....Wink   We will have wine, and crumpets.....  with anchovies after your exams....  I will have a special staff that understands how Hooligans work....   And I will sit in my office and not charge you ANYthing!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited June 2013

Chevy, since I dont drink, will you also have some good pain pills available for us non-wine drinkers?

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

Chevy - He didn't tell me anything for continuing care - You see, He was the one who got me yesterday - my PCP is leaving today and the new one doesn't come until august - so "Tag" he's it. LOL 

• gmafoley
    edited June 2013

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

GMA==that mlignant Tumor thing is now or in the original diagnosis.? I don't understand And did u ever have sinus problems before?

Honestly i don;t know what helps excess fluid--I was on all different meds and only 4 when all this started and everything was undercontrol even thos I am overweight, now I'm on 15, swoleen and not on a good water pik but that's cuz of another problem--BTW I'm on 25 different meds in the morning and then more differnt in the afternoon so I think I'm on to to many, and everyone sayd dizzyness--WTF I don't have a chance and they wonder why do i fall for no reason. Gee maybe I had a dizzy moment?? ya thibk. I'm not compkaining I'm just saying I don't understand meds like I used to I was good at that--everyone would ask me about their meds and I was right on, now I don't even know what I'm taking. Oh and I noticed on my underwear I'm slightly bleeding from my navel, probably has to do with my hernia that I really pulled with excercising the other day--so I'm not doing that now anyway.??? but I don't know anymore--My brain doesn't just have a brain fart it has diarrhea and any ort that was good is gone.

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

• camillegal
    edited June 2013

That's the first part, the 2nd one is climbing a tower with no smile on my face.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited June 2013

Gma - You went to him because you have severe pain. He wants you to wait for more?! Nice to know what he thinks it is (with no tests) but now he should FIX IT. He should address the pain issue with a solution. I am mad at him for you.

BTW, good morning hooligans!

The swelling in my armpit is getting better and the pinkness is gone. Thank goodness. Pain today is much better than the same day during the last cycle. Still feel like schit, but at least I'm not hurting like that. Plus I slept for 8 hours last night! Must be the pain meds, 'cos I feel a nap coming on.