STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited July 2013

ChickaD - DH had a red Fiero. I couldn't drive it in my last month pregnant; too tight a fit. Had to sell it, very impractial for carrying newborn around in. We ended up with a huge Chevy station wagon with the 3 seats; dealer courtesy car. DD's friends loved it and I used to sit in garage in 3rd seat and watch DD play in driveway. OHH, I love Legally Blonde. And Bridget Jones, Tom Hanks romance. Glad you are feeling a wee bit better. How many more chemos? Who you callin' "sexy librarian"? Is someone having sex in the driveway? Burn your backside today if you tried that much less gravel burns. LOL.

My 1st car I inherited from DM, a Dodge Polara with pushbutton gear change. I always wanted a Rambler; still think they are cute. DH had a Mazda Miata for a couple of years, turquoise blue. Fun to drive and I did even on the freeway. Love Mazda cars. Want a Mazda 6 but my Chevy Equinox is paid for and still running so BooHoo no new car around here.

Flowers - I think they build "fudge time" in some of that early arrival. You'll get history taking, meds ???, "do you know why you're here?" questions. Yes, 5:30 sounds very early but very typical for a 7:30 surgery. Where are you going to? How's Rudy these days? Sorry you're having random joint pains. My Celebrex took care of the boob jolts I used to get and maybe has helped my AI soreness some.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited July 2013

Well will not get my windows done today.Dd called and wants me to watch gs for awhile. Wont get anything done with him here.Hes such a wildman. So much for a relaxing Sunday afternoon. Im hoping he'll take a nap but...Then we are going out to find some spiderman sandals.(not for me) and will go to Micky-ds.Be back later.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited July 2013

Littlegoats!  My Daughter sent me this.... she loves stuff like this.... I downloaded it, and thought you would like it!

http://www.radiolab.org/2007/sep/10/goat-on-a-cow/

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited July 2013

Miss GoatLover...1 or 2 more chemos...ugh...not sure I can endure....

Calling all you bad girls "sexy librarians" because Chevy told me I should...I hear she is making a move on the thrown....she does live in a fairy tale house you know

Miss Cam...is she using big words again?

Hi Miss Aussie and Miss Illinois

Miss Veggie...now I want veggies, or Pie...that's all Phyllo's fault always

Miss PeaSweet.....been thinking about your surgery...I hope your healing well

Miss Sassypants...still love you to pieces

Miss MarySpidermanCFMP...I think you need new sandals too

MissFlowerMound....demand wine that early

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited July 2013

Flower - mine is scheduled the 15th & i have to be there 2 hrs early too - i didn't ask why - don't think i want to know....  lol  mine is the da vinci also.  they also gave me 2 (2!!??) bottles of fleet to use the night before - not looking forward to that either!  i think i'm over the worst of the worrying but i may hollar for a trank when i arrive.

• ChickaD
    edited July 2013

Hi Miss Mostly....ill be thinking of you too then...you demand wine too!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited July 2013

Yes....wine!  Or bring a gallon thermos of margarita's!

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited July 2013

Chevy - goat on a cow! Loved it! What a story.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited July 2013

Phil, just curious, are you having problems getting over the Ixempra, the more you do?

• phgraham
    edited July 2013

Mary, do you mean more cycles? I'm not sure they're much worse but out of 4, there has not been even one that was easier than the others. This one seemed easier but only because I finally had some pain control.

It's been almost 2 weeks and I am still very tired and still have muscle aches. My neuropathy is definitely worse but it started at a 0 and on 6/25 MO measured it at 1. Not high on the scale but higher than it was. Also, I have Xeloda in the mix.

Is yours better or worse?

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited July 2013

Thank you all for your well wishes and possible scenarios when arriving at the hospital soooooo early.  I take the steak and mashed potatoes one any day Chevy!  I will have my surgery at Flower Mound Presbyterian Hospital here in Flower Mound of course.  I am glad for the use of the DaVinci even though it will not be Leonardo DaVinci or even Leonardo DiCaprio!   Good luck to my fellow Sister Warriors who will have this "fun" before I do.  Make sure we all know how you are doing please.  Well, time to feed my face again and the fat little Pug Broadway Rudy Giuliani!  He is doing great by the way and loves being home with  the family and his first cousin Bill the Golden Retriever.  Peace, Prayers, Hugs, Luv, Blessing and minimal pain or SE's to ALL today and everyday.

Flowers

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited July 2013

Greetings Hoolies, just reading mostly, head is very mushy and tired - slept 10 hours and feel scrambled. Really enjoying all your posts, so entertaining, I hope all those who are struggling with treatment side effects and preparing for upcoming surgeries are doing well, you are in my thoughts every day.

My family is marking one month of being alcohol-free and doing so much better. I even enjoy not drinking wine for a change, went to our first party with DH and it was interesting sitting with everyone drinking wine and beer while we were drinking virgin, that was the hardest! I enjoy social drinking but prefer not when with DH in solidarity and support for him. It's a much happier life for us.

Did you ever notice how often I edit posts? I go back and catch the spelling errors, then correct them. It will be very nice to not be in school in 2 weeks and 2 days (!!!!), you'll know I'm recovered when I stop editing for grammar and spelling!!

• ChickaD
    edited July 2013

Hi Miss HulaShells...so glad your alcohol free environment is making you happy....my hubby stopped over 15 years ago and I LOVE IT...... I edit things too...hate to mispell...lol a little OCD

• ChickaD
    edited July 2013

Side effect question.....do any of you remember having eye twitching with chemo...it started on my 1st round...and now its constant below one eye....not sure if related or not? Just curious if I'm crazy or not...ok I am but .......

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited July 2013

Free Pharmacist Consultation at RiteAid ►► http://sdne.ws/Senior.RiteAid  20% off the entire store on Wednesday and more!

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

ChickaD--yes u are crazy, so just except that---and it can be a nerveous twitch I remember someone when I was getring it having it?? If it really is bad tell u'r Onc. the best option for that is have someone punch u very hard in that eye so it's blackened and u won't feel the twitch anymore.

Yes Chevy I said u planted the tree, I don't know why u'r denying it. And since when did we write cerzive years ago, I never learned that method, they didn't teach it yet. Or were u in a SPECIAL school? LOL I really remember wheb my oldest DD was learning and she thought it was ugy and she like my handwriting so I taught her the Palmer method and she still has the most beautiful handwriting of all in her age group. That's what the nuns taught anyway.

Flowers and Oh damn I forgot u'r both to be at the hospital 2 hrs. early--Chevy is right--it takes a while to eat the steak and mashed potatoes, but she did leave something out they do bring in a male stripper for u'r enjoyment and u don't need any money for him, the hospital pays the bills. Well Phylosex would know more about that, she used to be an administrator in charge of sexual favors at some of the more quiet hospitals. (she told me)

Oh and now that Phyloreader is on that kick we'll see just what she reads.

Marywhatruthinking--wash windows--let the fog stay, it's much nicer to go shopping with u'r GS enjoy.

And I'm sure u ll notice I don't use spell check or maybe u haven't even noticed.

I hope everyone starts to feel better, my GS helped me do some excercises today.

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited July 2013

Good evening ladies ;)

ChickaD my left eye twitched I think it was from the Taxotere. I still get now and again but not like before while I was getting that and Carboplatin.

I will keep the 15th and the 18th on my radar and hope surgery helps you beautiful hooligans :)

Sending healing hugs xoxo

Sweet Pea

• shellshine
    edited July 2013

Cammi - just love your "Ran out of Weekend" post!

• AussieSheila
    AussieSheila Member Posts: 439
    edited July 2013

Thanks for that chocolate coke, Chevy, I've never had one, yummmmm.

Don't know much about chickens, other than I got bailed up in a corner by a rooster when I was about 9....screamed as only a little girl can!

Now chooks (sounds like books) I know about...that's what 'they' call mature women here...it seems I have now joined the ranks of the 'old chooks,' in our corner of

the world.  It must be a step up (down, to my mind) the ladder from 'Hens night,' otherwise known as the night all the girlfriends take the bride-to-be out and paint

the town red.

....and Phyllosophisticate, I truly enjoy your funnies so stay for me even if these other old chooks don't appreciate them.

Colour me giggling,

Sheila.

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Good morning all----

Chevy another one hasn't heard of achocolate coke-WTF==that was a -popular drink even at soda fountains.

OH Aussie Phylonames has been called many things, but sophistcate ROTFLMAO---never considered an anklet bracelet with that word. I love it.

It's going to rain all week-- and more humid--so means more crabbiness around the area.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited July 2013

Morning - Not going to post much this month - just wanted you to know... Between the constant breast pain (since the US and exams to find "nothing") and families and grandchildren visits - I won't ever catch up on here - So forgive me but I'm not catching up and I will just listen after this for a month or two.. Hugs to all - and Flowers, Blondiex and Phgraham - I haven't forgotten about the scarves - they should be in the mail by the end of the week or early next - I have family reunion this next weekend then have granddaughter for 2 weeks...

Quiet morning - No press releases just catch up work so far and grandkids went home - so quiet quiet quiet...   Its too quiet for me.  I liked having the little ones calling, "Grandma, Grandma, GRANDMA!"

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited July 2013

I never heard of a chocolate coke either. Told my husband about it. He never heard of it but wants to try it.

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Gma we'll miss all u'r thoughts, but as long as u'r OK and having a busy, good summer fine. We'll hold down ghe fort.

Veggy even coke for many years made chocolate coke--I think it was called chocolate fudge coke and diet too. Oh this is so important in the scope of life. LOL

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited July 2013

Where I grew up in SW Ohio, was a regional chain called Frisches. Could get cherry, or chocolate cokes there. I didn't like either. Give me plain old Coke. Or better yet, Barqs root beer or red pop!

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Spookie I used to love red pop when I was younger--it wwas such a treat and green river too and well I still like root beer, but it has to be a good one too.

• phgraham
    edited July 2013

Where is our little ducky? Is she having a lost week with her pilot?

Thank you Sheila. It's so nice that someone here recognizes my finer qualities!

Chicklet, be careful of instructions from cami, especially when they involve black eyes. Hope you feel better soon.

Blondie, how are you doing? marywhereareyou?

I know I missed some pages but will try to catch up.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited July 2013

When I was in Juner  High there was still a pharmacy near the school that has a soda fountain.  You could have any of their syrups added to your Coke.  I don't remember anyone drinking chocolate coke though.  One of my classmates was addicted to lemon cokes.  I always ordered a cherry coke.  The canned variety does not measure up!

• SweetheartinTX
    SweetheartinTX Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2013

I don't have anything to add... I just wanted to drop in and say I LOVE this thread. You ladies have put a big smile on my face! Especially to the OP, i just got diagnosed in late May and already i have felt the need to say STFU over a dozen times.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited July 2013

Sweet....welcome......it will be denied, but I am still the funniest, smartest, cutest, oldest, and sexiest on this thread..........and. Member of the Mile High Club.......my Pilot agrees......

• shellshine
    edited July 2013

Oh crap, Duckster was MIA for so long I had to go hunt her down, a new friend joins us and there she is with her "smartest, cutest, sexiest...."

Welcome SH, I love your name!

I'm on the bus, too bumpy to write much on iPhone but just had to greet our new sister and tell the Duck I missed her.

Slept and studied all weekend

between cleaning house and cooking for my boys, will check in later.💛