STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited July 2013

I love that, Philly - balls to the wall!! I have a couple of people in mind I'd like to try that with. Especially in my menopause #2 state of mind.

My sister says Aromasin has made me snarky. I think it has made me bitchy and I just don't care :). One of my clients calls me Sybil and that's just fine with me.

Hey - that can be my new nickname!!

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited July 2013

Sybil! I like it!  Plus I'm glad that you have started your list of people.  That is always helpful, however, do NOT let the cops find the list.  They frown on that sh*t! You could end up in a dungeon somewhere OR with a handy-dandy ankle monitor. Let me know if you need tips on how to resist an interrogation.

Phyllopsided

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited July 2013

Oh Miss Savgigi...I LOVE Sybil....yay another name for our list!

• ChickaD
    edited July 2013

For all you beautiful bald princesses out there...bumps or no bumps....

• phgraham
    edited July 2013

ROFL Chickie - not one looks like she has a knife stashed in her skirt or is about to say STFU.  I love it!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,371
    edited July 2013

Morning, my oh my -- so much to read.  Shell, did I thank you for my name.  I meant too.  I love the name Lillie.  Even gave the name to one of my kitties who share the household with me.  She has since gone to kitty heaven....but all reminders are wonderful with me.

Sas...interesting about the thyroid.  I had a thyroid blow-out many moons ago.  1980's sometime actually.....so what you said got my ears and brain cells twitching. 

History:  I had fairly classic symptoms I think....would get racing pulse, light headed /w spacey sensations from time to time.  Hard to admit...the total duration of all this took about 7 years and for the biggest part of the time we were in an HMO.  I don't necessarily blame all of the Docs there....but one.  When I had begun revv'ing up for the grand finale....he was coming up with ( at this point my throat from the irritation was quite red ) that I had a serious cold and that I also needed a heavy-duty tranquilizer routinely used at the State mental facilities. 

The day of incident....I went to work but oddly could not center my car well.  If I attempted to drive down the middle of the lane.....my wheel got on the center line and stayed there.  When I managed to try and move it.....it got over to the shoulder line and I could not get off that.....every manouver I tried landed me on one or the other.  It was 7 a.m. in the morning and I was sure I was going to be stopped by the cops and hauled in.

Got to work.....and while I was downstairs cleaning all was fine.  I walked ( well I did make it up ) up the stairs but it was so strange.  Top of the stairs looked so far away.  I reached the top, sat down and it was like looking through a long, long tunnel.  I finally recovereda bit, but moved quite slow in order to finish the upstairs.

Went home....driving by that time was better.  Sat down in a chair at home and had this very calming thought.....that I was dying and the 7 years of racing pulse ( un-countable it was so fast ) and other issues.....like having to prop myself up in bed to sleep because trying to lie down make me unable to even breathe, would be over and I would be out of my personal hell.

Dh walked in, took one look at me, and I told him....I'm dying but it is ok.  I feel so peaceful. It will be ok.  He got me up--not sure how, and got me into the car and we went back to our clinic.  He was going to have it out with those people.  By chance....the stoopid Dr. was not there and the other really good one was.  I remember telling the nurse who was doing vitals and other things....I think I'm anemic.  My bad thyroid had me so out of it, I was likely I think to say almost anything. 

The Dr. came in shaking his head.  He was able to see from out in the hallway exactly what was wrong with me.  Makes you know there is a God....especially when it is NOT your time. 

He had just been through the same disease process with his own daughter....though it didn't go as horiffic as mine did.  I had a very seeable goiter ( thyroid had gotten that bad ) which of course, was big enough to toally compressed my trachea if I attempted to lay down.  At any rate, the Dr. that night stated me on a beta-blocker ( I was by that time full of about 40 to 50 #'s of water since my body was attempting to shut down ) and made me promise to see a Endocrinologist the very next day.

I got the appt. but the Mr. Very Rotten Dr.  ---  now back on duty from the HMO Clinic tried to stall it off. 

Upshot.....I got massive doses of beta-blocker.  And once I was stabilized....had to drink radiated iodine out of  lead container............three diffferent times.  First two times just turned my tyroid back up to high gear.  Third time Dr. C said he was giving me enough of the stuff to fell a horse.  What to do....well, I drank the d**m stuff and prayed.   It worked......killed my thyroid though the death took awhile, but am now on the highest dose of thyroid there is.....so that I can have some function.

Anyway.....I was skeletal almost for some time.  Had to learn how to walk again, hold things w/o my hands and fingers just opening up and the item dropping.  Had transitory amenesia and often people had to wait for me to get full sentences out.  It was not pretty I guess, but no one takes those things away from me and gets away with it.  It took four years ( and back in those days you didn't get rehab prescribed for something like that ) but I got it all back and went back to work even.

I did in fact sue the Dr. who couldn't diagnose me.  Didn't get that much.....just about enough to cover the bills that had piled up while I was trying to get myself in order.  But that was all I needed at the time. 

Ok.....long story and I can't stay much longer.....but it is Sas's fault.  Just teasing.....At least if drinking all that radiated iodine had anything to do with my BC.......I had a long reprieve first. 

I'm off to go feed my feral cats and will be back afterwards.  See all you characters who are so delightful and a huge amt. of fun then.

Lillie

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited July 2013

Oh Chick, Im sure we all look like that and have bodies like that too...Wink

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited July 2013

...and boobs.

• ChickaD
    edited July 2013

Oh Miss Lillieofthe Valley....what an ordeal...glad you made it thru that crazy!

That princess photo is me and my friends on vacation...YES Chevy...I do look like that (shut up Cammi)

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited July 2013

Chevy, have you taken Lacee to a vet? Maybe s/he could rx something for the dog that wouldn't affect your hands? I had a powder that had lidocaine in it for one of my dogs. Those sores hurt!

• phgraham
    edited July 2013

I'm the second from the right.

• ChickaD
    edited July 2013

Oh my Miss Grahamcracker......you've changed a bit since the chemo pic!

• phgraham
    edited July 2013

Yes Chickie, I lost a lot of weight! I would have added a chubby waistline and a T-shirt that says "Yes, I'm bald.  Bite me."  but I barely knew how to add the head!  Thanks for posting the beautiful bald princesses and being a sport about me mangling them!

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited July 2013

Oh, the Hoolies are in fine form this morning!! Does my heart good.

You are a wonderful writer, Lillie. So glad you sued that idiot - you finally got his attention (asshole). If he worked for an HMO, I'm sure you singed his reputation - well actually, he singed it, you just lit the match on the tinder, wood and charcoal fluid already there.

Lillie and Renn - be careful hanging on this thread, your writing and spelling skills may deteriorate by association. 

Phylly and Chicky you are in great form today! So nice to have your true selves back!!!

Hope Sas is ok, is she sleeping or getting her procedure? Her sentences were running together and I couldn't tell what was next. Healing thoughts for her and for our other sisters having surgery today.

Blondiee and Duckie - dammit - where are you?

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited July 2013

MY! What interesting eyes you have!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited July 2013

Spookiesmom - OT but I'm interested in the Lidocaine powder. My rat terrier has terrible allergies (been to doggy allergist 3 years ago $$$$$), lost bunches of hair from scratching, has a lick granuloma on one foot that was better but opening up again and is on decreasing dose Presnisolone and just finished ABT. Can you tell I spend beaucoup dollars at vet? Did your dog lick the powder off? Vet thinks she will be on lo dose Pred for life (hoping to get to every 3 days); she's 6. Do you know a brand name? Has only environmental allergies - not to foods. AND I knew terriers were bad for allergies and did it anyway. Will go back to semi lurking.

Phyllodough - I had 2 years of HS French and 2.5 years in college. And I live in Texas. Did I take Spanish? NOOO. Many times I can think of the French word but not the Spanish. Had a whole year of conversational Spanish in HS and lived in El Paso for years.

Have you morphed into Christopher Lloyd?

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited July 2013

Philly - keep the list of tips handy. I have a feeling I'm gonna need them the next time someone crosses my path. Yell

Chickie - love the pic of the bald princesses and the addition Philly made to it.

• phgraham
    edited July 2013

Shinytinyshells, sassy's kidlet is visiting this weekend so she may not log in.

phyllodendron

• shellshine
    edited July 2013

Thanks Phyllatopia.

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited July 2013

Hello Hoolies and welcome to all the Newcomers!

My presentation to the Docs and staff of my Oncology Center went great despite this fu**ing persistent joint pain.  I was introduced to some of the staff that I had not met during my treatments as "our new Nutritionist" which felt good.  I talked to my MO for a brief moment about this pain and the Femora and he gave me Hydrocodone and encouraged me to at least try the Femora after the surgery this Thursday.  I reluctantly agreed and as I type here now my whole body is aching like mad!  I did call a good massage therapist but she is on vacation until Tuesday and will text me later today with the openings she has available on TUESDAY!  If you all do not hear from me after this post, it means that the pain made me go crazy and they have put me in a straight jacket after giving me a BIG SHOT of something very strong!  And yes, I would like a little cheese with this whine!  But it is time for another pill so I will STFU!

Flowers

• dunesleeper
    dunesleeper Member Posts: 1,305
    edited July 2013

I think the one holding the rose is getting ready to say STFU.

• spookiesmom
    edited July 2013

Luvmygoats

LOL it's so easy to drop way too much $$$$ at the vet. I had the stuff for my Australian Shepherd. Poor guy was allergic to spring, and would get these nasty owie hot spots. I don't remember the name of it, came in a small plastic bottle, must of had abx in it too. In a few days it would heal up. He never licked it off.

Kris, my poodle seems to have a corn allergy. Have switched him to corn free he's not as itchy. The Diva, Ms Spookie, has no problems.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited July 2013

Can't believe the verdict.......WTF.....you kill someone, claim self defense, and get off......shocking .......Prayers and comfort to the parents of Trayvon Martin.....

• spookiesmom
    edited July 2013

I hadn't heard it till I read your post, then checked CNN.

Terrible.

I hope cooler heads prevail and there is no violence.

• phgraham
    edited July 2013

Amen, ducky. That verdict turns my stomach.

• shellshine
    edited July 2013

Mine too. It's legal to profile a teenager and then murder him.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited July 2013

What is the world coming to? I fear for humanity.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited July 2013
    Oh Flowers!  Please don't go getting crazy on us!  We won't know what to do...  I think you should try the Hydrocodone, and maybe it takes more than just one day to notice a difference? 

You were already in pain....  And then this Doc tells you to go ahead with the Femara???? 

WTF?  This Doc must be a guy!  They don't understand pain.  Yes, maybe a shot would help SOMEthing?  Give HIM a shot!    I'LL give him a shot FOR you, damnit.

ANYway.....   Spookie, yes, that stuff you can get at Walmart is called Hot-Spot spray, and sometimes called Sulfodene!  I have used it on Lacee for the last 3 years!   

Little Goats....The little hot-spots DO heal up, but clean them first, by scratching off the "stuff".... then  trim the hair, then put that Sulfodene on it.... check that place every day, and by THEN your dog will have 10 more!    Repeat.... Then go back to step one.

Okay, but you GUYS, the MBT...(Mercaptobenzothiazole) is what is IN the Sulfodene!  THAT'S what I have been whining about for the last 2 months!  I am so allergic to that MBT that I was going nuts WITH Flowers! 

WEAR VINYL OR PLASTIC GLOVES WHEN YOU PUT THIS ON THE HOT SPOTS!  AND BE SURE TO WASH YOUR HANDS AND ARMS AFTER USING! 

DON'T WEAR "RUBBER GLOVES" EITHER, BECAUSE THESE ALSO HAVE MBT IN THEM!' 

That chemical made my hands itch, blister, peel, and have fits.   I will still USE it on her, but I'm very careful now.

I might also mention that they make condoms with that same compound, but I, myself won't have to worry about THAT one too much!     Can you imagine a  GUY with "hot-spots?"  Oh well wait....

I remember them being one BIG "hot spot" all the time!  Never mind... Doesn't have anything to do with anything, right?

Ducky, I KNOW!  I thought I was the only one that thought the same!  HE had the gun!  Not the kid!   HOW can that be self-defense?   So we have OJ, Casey Anthony, Robert Blake, and the list goes on.

I think you can somehow get enough high-priced lawyers, and they can get the jury to agree on almost ANYthing.  But pay-back is a bitch.  Maybe Trayvon Martin's family can sue HIS ass, like Nicole Brown Simpsons'  family did, and teach him a valuable lesson.  AND forbid him from EVER carrying a gun.  He'll probably write a book now... like OJ did.

Hi Julianna, Shells, Spookie and Phyllilove!  Guess we ALL feel the same.

xoxoxoxoxo

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited July 2013

Or sell his story for a movie. Yell

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited July 2013

I know Chabba....  but I think all the people that feel the same way we do, will somehow make his life miserable.   I hope so anyway.