STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited July 2013

Philly.......Good answer...tell it Ike it is.......

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited July 2013

ChickaD---Ducky is so right it's nothing to be concerned about--but now u have 2 more chemos--I'm sorry--buy a lottery ticket a day good idea.

Oh my DD was an extra on that movie Michael, she had a great time and was treated very well.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited July 2013

chickaD - I thought that if you had the paperwork you could keep your service animal with you.  If ever you need 'em it's in the hospital!!!  That chemo nurse should be read the riot act - send her our way.  We'll tell her what's what!!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited July 2013

Gumby, what is that beautiful flower in your avatar?

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

I'm baaaack--whew I'm in my comfortable clothes and it is beautiful out. Best day we've had all summer here.

OK here's the scoop---my colon is moving around and has some very thin spot, that have moved where my liver should be, so my liver is now further and pushing into my ribs (she was showing me my test) of course she said the configuration of what she was lookin at was very rare but she's not a surgeon so altho she's never seen this before or my primary has never seen it before doesn't mean a surgeon has never seen this. She said there is no tumor visible but the surgeon will have to determine just what to remove and have it tested. Then I told her I was allergic to anastisha (sp) she put her head down and said everything u've been thru is all so strange LOL u really fall into a low % of people who have dealt with cancer--I think that wasn't so good. hahaha First my B/P was 184/124---they had to do it gain then it was 124/55 the leg is trickier than u think I told the girl that so she got a nurse. Now I have to go thru my Primary and(she also said surgery) but I have to call my brother first---I told u one of his good friends is The chief of staff there and I want a good surgeon. I had the best at the other hospital--I'm in a little quandry here only because I can't be put out. Can they do an epadermal or something like that? There has to be other people in this situation. And I told her my theory about another bladder infection--I think it never goes away and satys dormant for maybe a week then comes roaring back with all that pain. ho hum--I've thought entirely to much today. That's not for me. 

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited July 2013

Sas, it's a plumeria, also known as frangipani. They are so pretty and smell like heaven. One of my favorites. They are used to make leis in Hawaii.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited July 2013

Cami, happy to hear there is a plan being formulated. You deserve a restful evening.

Mary, did you have some more tests today? How are you doing?

Chicklet, bummer about Cooper and extra chemo.

• sas-schatzi
    edited July 2013

cami what a scoop, Good luck. At least you have an answer. I talked about an anethesia consult awhile back. Maybe Chevy saved it.

Gumby, Thanks, I would love to color wash a bedroom with those colors, they are sooo soothing

Veggy try jeff dunham on you tube if you need something to amuse yourself. Peanut, Walter, and Achmed are the best. Not fond of Melvin or Bubba

• lezza13
    lezza13 Member Posts: 579
    edited July 2013

Veggy, I hope you get a new room and will say a prayer for your healing.

Chevyboy-thanks for the warm welcome.  It's Lezza with two z's not ll's. LOL.  I love this crazy group and appreciate your kind thoughts. I am fine on tami and am post op and doing ok

camilegal- thanks for your kind thoughts too.  I think you would want to be out for exploring the colon but I have heard of people being on that "happy" light anethesia.  Glad they have a plan to work with you. I have had 5 colonoscopies over the years and not so bad. wish you call the best.

gardengumby-nice to see you visting over here. Have seen you on other boards.  love you avatar too

ladies, I peek in once a day on these boards. It is fun for me during my healing and this board I like.  So call me what you like just call (sorry old joke from a younger lady who will now STFU)

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited July 2013

Cami, my mom couldnt do anesthesia either, so when she had her hip replaced they did an epi. Just had chemo today, so will probably be mia for a little while, we'll see. I hate this stuff. I was trying to keep up with Philly on the tricks to pull during chemo, but the only things I could think of was to unplug the blanket warmer or snatch the last couple pieces of the jigsaw puzzle...but that wouldnt have bugged the nurses, just the patients so I didnt do it.....

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited July 2013

Veggy OMG I am so sorry.....pain? How annoying is that are you feeling any better, is the pain subsiding?

dwiiii...let us know how it turns out, fingers crossed

Chickie I am so sorry about the chemo and as far as Cooper I thought the point of having the papers was to prevent this, WTF....

Thanks Sassie!!!

Hope everyhing is  going well for most of you, I think about you all....

HUGS, MARY, CAMMIE, CHEVY, DUCKY, GRANNY, PHYLLIE, SHELLIE, CMB, AND ALL OTHERS THAT i HAVE FORGOTTEN....

Everything is doing ok now, my week off from chemo soooo if it wasn't for the oxygen I would be ok...feeling good, nauseous but that is always....supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow that is exciting....miss talking to you guys as much as I was.....I think also I decided that I just can't work at Macy's anymore....can't be dragging a portable oxygren around and wonder if I will be able to do it anymore, very depressing, in my head I am 32 and able to do all kinds of things, physically I can't...although I can spend time with grandchildren, Friday is mom mom and Andrew day so going to the movies is what he wants to do....trying to look at the postives but in september would have been my 5 year anniversary.....maybe I shouldn't write them off just yet, it just feels like it...

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Mary I would unplug the stand and when for a minute or 2 the nurses were getting things from the back I'd sit by the phones and if they range I answered it. One of the things I used to do

And Mary I thought the same thing about an epi they will remove some of my colon so as long as I'm like frozen and I can sill sing I'll be fine.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited July 2013

Anyone hear from Sweet Pea recently? I remember Austin was ill last time I remember her checking in.

Mary, hope the chemo is kind this time.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited July 2013

I sent Miss SweetPea a PM and she has not responded yet..

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited July 2013

LEZZA, Chevieeeee - you spelled it wrong. All my poetic energy wasted. Let's see here, Lezzette, Lezzaria, L'ezzance..... 

VEGGY - Get better and get your skinny butt out of there NOW. Pls tell us what your diagnosis is and if they have any ideas about the cause.

Chicklette, so, so sorry about your chemo. Please tell us what the schedule will be and when he thinks you will be done. Ask the chemo nurse what the process is for comfort dogs, you don't want to get her grumpy at you, so ask her to help you, that the pup really helps you feel better.

Garden Gumby - I had PE's so many times I had to get a pulmonary artery thromboendarterctomy when I was 38. It was scary. Found out a couple of years ago I have antithrombin-3 deficiency, hence the propensity for clots. Been on warfarin for 20 years.

I had my procedure done at UC San Diego, there's a short video about it: http://heartcenter.ucsd.edu/pte/Pages/default.aspx

Thinking of you Philly and Blondiee, hope you are holding your spirits up.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited July 2013

Hey Sas, we can grow plumeria here. I have a bunch of it in my yard.

• ChickaD
    edited July 2013

Forgive me Miss Garden and Lezza...not sure if I said welcome and hello...BIG chemo brain.......

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited July 2013

I think sassy told me she has spoken to sweetpee. I think...always dangerous!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited July 2013

What? Thinking? That's a bad thing for me!

• sas-schatzi
    edited July 2013

Sweat Pea called me on monday about the thyroid stuff. She had her herceptin shot which she said doesn't bother her like the regular chemo. Austins better. Teething molars. Walking up a storm:)

• ChickaD
    edited July 2013

Who needs a wolf hat when you can have a Morkie hat...lol...Coopers newest sleeping spot!

i need HELP starting to go into ChemoPause ...aaahhhhhh HOTFLASHES...sweating like crazy, especially now at night...everything is too hot hot hot....any suggestions for calming this down?

Miss Chickenheat

• sas-schatzi
    edited July 2013

Spookie, thanks I wondered about the plumeria. The lab Dini destroys everything outside. So, maybe sometime in the future. Good to know b/c they are just beautiful. It's not that dini is bad, but my son explains labs are very busy dogs. Dini is constanttly hunting lizards. Lizards hide in all the plantars . All the plantars have been turned over.  OH well.  Spookie does it grow in vines or bushes?

Mary, Hope you do okay on chemo. Sorry. Hope the ENT doc can figuire out the dizziness. At least you will be out on your porch :) Is it done?

Blondie, your welcome. Hope something helped. Had had a few patients with environmental problems when I was in homecare, my mom with the a chemical sucked into concentrator, and DDBF with a few mold stories. All were respiratory problems that ended up helping the docs. Except moms, we had the company exchange out all the tubing and the machine. Hope your feeling better. I know it's really tough to think of not working, sorry.

Lessa, wessa, messa, tessa, bessa still all rhymes with lezza kinda. HI Lezza

Chickie sorry about the 2 more rounds.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited July 2013

Cool compresses around neck, cool water run over your wrists and a battery operated fan carry with you.

• ChickaD
    edited July 2013

Thanks my friend Miss Gmascarfmaker!

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

ChicaD U HAVE AFUR PUPPY on u'r head like that won't make u warm- that's so cute tho. buy one of thos chillows (pillows) stay cool for long time or give u'r pup a cold shower and then let him/her la on u'r head.

• ChickaD
    edited July 2013

Miss Cam...you are too funny...yes pup is hot but just too cute to move...

I did get one of those pillows..but I'm sucking the cool right out of it too fast with all the heat...I am HOT STUFF ya know...that pilot better watch out...

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Whoa chickaboomboom---Sizzleing hot--Take a cold shower and stay in there with u'r chillow. Not the puppy tho.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited July 2013

Blondie, I don't know what you do for Macy's, but the office manager at the senior center worked part time and had an oxygen concentrater in a shoulder bag. Very sharp lady; dressed like she had a job downtown.

Cami, I had an epi for my abdominal hysterectomy (they thought it was ovarian cancer). I can remember being glad the nurses were hefty men and I didn't have to worry about being dropped.

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Wren every time I've been on the operating table I'm always yelling why is this thing so small I'm going to fall off--I mean it--I hate those tables they could make them 2 inches on each side bigger so it's more cofortable oh and I also yell Ididn't see anyone wash their hands and put the gloves on correctly and don't open that door once u open me. --I get so goofy..

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited July 2013

Cami, I know what you mean. How do they operate on large people? I've seen men who would need 2 under them. I love the goofyness; they need to hear all that. The most serious handwashing was at the premature baby nursery. They had sponges with brushes on one side and already loaded with strong soap.