STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited July 2013

Wren we know when they are operating on adults they're not even talking about u or what they're doing, I mean i realize they've done it before but I know they're goofing around, then when we wake up theyre all serious again, and of course i told my srgeon that so it was like please don't act interested now. He always looked guilty.

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited July 2013

Geeze I have been so busy sorry for not checking in earlier... I would try and catch up reading and not get a chance to post. Then I would find myself in the same position the next day. Between the DR TML, work, DH, and Austin I have been hopping on one leg.

Veggy how are you doing? Sorry about having to go through this. What did your serial troponin show any cardiolyte studies? Any hx of vascular spasms? Sending hugs.

ChickaD huh sorry about adding the chemo. But I know you can do it!!! You are amazing!!! Cooper is so cute that nurse did not make a very good decision. Maybe speak with your onc or the facilities clinical manager so they can set her straight. I have my radiation mapping tomorrow.

Sending happy dance for every one with good test results

Still trying to catch up. Sending hugs, kisses, and belly laughs to everyone that needs it. Again I can't thank you all enough for your friendship you all are an inspiration.

xoxoxo
    Sweet Pea
  • camillegal
    edited July 2013

OK I'm playing the Devil's advocate here---I bet the nurse that told u about u'r furbaby drew the short straw, cuz they felt someone had to say this because of our pets going outside might bring a tick or something to an area where they try their hardest not to even let kids in--not because they a PITA , but they are exposed to so many germs and so are our furbabies when the pee and poop where they want, and maybe someone might have complained--not everyone loves our babies like we do. So they might have picked the one that;s the biggest bitch anyway and had her tell u. I'm not saying I agree cuz I could care less if I was there--but their responsibility is to keep it as germ free as possible even with a service dog--u'd have to get chemo in another area. It's there rules not the rules of the government, and when u leave they even tell u don't go to stores or crowds or places and if u do it's on u not them. OK I just stated the other side altho I think it's stupid cuz as soon as u leave u do what u want those first couple of days cuz u'r on a roid high so what difference does it make. Besides I just took a pain med so u know I'm goin good here.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited July 2013

PHyllodendron the Rod Sterling affect in full swing?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited July 2013

Morning gals!  I'm so sorry little miss Cammi!  DAMN!   I've been searching all over for what Sass had posted about Anesthesia, and I can't find it yet.   But later on when I come back, I'll try again.

Did you have that "twilight sleep" before?  Like what Michael Jackson had, or when they do colonoscopies?  Can you have that type?

Okay I have to run... morning all my hooligans! xoxoxoxoxo

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Chevy I never had twilite--I had colonoscopies with nothing--so I never had that and thanks for mentioning MJ who DIED from it.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited July 2013

Thanks Miss Cam for posting the "other side" of Cooper thinking...I guess I was aware of what other patients might think...but even the people in my pod were booing the nurse....the nurse did call me and apologize that she had the wrong info on service dogs.  Oh well...it is what it is.

Decent morning after chemo...why...NO NEULASTA SHOT...YAY.....Onc cancelled it because of my extreme reaction to it...so lets pray my blood cells rejuvenate on their own!

Good to see you Miss SweetAsPea...good luck with mapping.....would love to hear about it when done!

During my BMX the docs and nurses (all women except my PS) were discussing if my eyelashes were real or not...there crazy naturally long....ha

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Oh Chick I'm so glad she apologized and made things right--like I said I didn't agree I was giving the other side,--I tend to do that sometimes. And u still have u'r lashes oh wonderful expecilly when they are long--but u look beautifful to me anyway so....OK 2 more than u'r done????

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited July 2013

Yep 2 more then on to RADS......

• camillegal
    edited July 2013

Oh Chickie u were so excited but OK 2 more than done. that's it.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited July 2013

good morning happy hoolies  that's all I've got right and i seem to have lost my punctuation  I'll be back later

love you all

P-ness

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited July 2013

sas - plumerias grow on trees (or really big bushes) Smile

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited July 2013

Sassy - they are the most divine smelling flowers and beautiful. I have some plumeria perfume but does not do justice to the flower. Almost (Wink) makes this brown thumb gardener want to try some indoors.

• gardengumby
    edited July 2013

luvmygoats - I tried planting one indoors once, but couldn't make it grow.  It was a weird way to plant something, I thought.  You were supposed to just stick a branch in some soil.  I probably did something wrong in my effort to make it happen....  I've promised myself that if I ever do live in the tropics, I'll have a plumeria tree. Smile  Even if only in a pot on a lanai...

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited July 2013

I lived in Hawaii 1.5 years as a grade schooler (early 1960s). Love them.

• gardengumby
    edited July 2013

luvmygoats - Our son and his family live there, so we vacation there quite often.  We're trying to decide if we want to live there fulltime - so we'll see what happens down the road.  I see you take femara - how's it treating you?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited July 2013

No Cammi.... maybe I said that wrong.... but when I had the CA surgery, the anesthesiologist said he would "add" that same drug, so I wouldn't be sick when I woke up.  And it was like the same thing I had with the colonoscopy....  I just went to sleep without even knowing, and woke up, and was ready to go home...... Well other than peeing blue and getting scared to death! 

Okay.... gotta run!  xoxooxoxoxox

• sas-schatzi
    edited July 2013

Chevy, I know you copy some things, that's why I said you may be able to find the anesthesia info.. :) see cami just below:)

Cami I wrote a whole thing on how to accomplish an anesthesia consult which would evaluate your unique situation. It was around the time you were considering getting your hernia done. If you can put that in a time frame, we might be able to retrieve it from the thread. So, many pages pass so quickly.

Gumby, littlegoats, and spookie-- A plant that you just stick in dirt and IGNORE, and it grows. I might be able to do that LOL.  Does it come in any other colors. Should I buy it from a nursery or lowes/home depot? What other plants do well with it? Zone 9

We now know we have 4 gardners--Chevy, LMG, Gumby, and Spookie YAY for gardening.

Six nurses, stacey, me , Shells, Julianna, LMG, and beatmom

How many teachers? Dwilli, Wren? I know there are afew more.

Veggy hope your feeling better. Did you find Jeff Dunham? He's one of the highest paid comedy guys in the country for the last several years. He's a ventriloquist. His characters are a hoot. Like I said I love Achmed the dead terrorist, Peanut the Woosil, And Walter an old fart. I'm not fond of Melvin or Bubba J, but they appeal to the redneck crowd. It takes all kinds. I very often watch a couple of the skits at bedtime. The youtube access is better from google then Bing.

Phyillyonchemoplus2, call when your up, I don't want to interuppt a nap.

Stacey and chickie and Mary and shells HUGS. Hello Lezza-wezza :)

Blondie call when your up too. I'll take a chance your up . I think your still flying on roids.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited July 2013

Mine doesn't look as bushy as that pic. But that's how it's done, break a piece off and stick it in ground. I'm a bit southwest of you, Tampa area. Should grow where you are. I guess the big box stores have it, ours was given to us.

Oh the lizzards. All my dogs here chase them. We took one dog back north, she could NOT understand why there weren't any lizzards in those yards. Most puzzled look on her little face.

• sas-schatzi
    edited July 2013

Okay can't stand not telling the environmental stories. I won't do them all at once. Went to a patients home, as soon as the daughter opened the door I could smell mold. I'm very sensitive to it and could sell my services like a dog sniffing dog. We had a pleasant introduction and admission of her mom to homecare. I told her though someone else would have to be assigned b/c of the mold. She was very health conscious and concerned. By my next visit, she had the basement and furnace inspected. She had mold on the basement walls which was being remediated. The furnace had a carbon monoxide leak which the furnace guy said could have been going on for months. Sandy had been working with her doc to try and determine what was causing her headaches and respiratory problems for months. All the tests we talk about. Everything negative. The mold was remediated and a new furnace with carbon monoxide detectors were put in. All the complaints Sandy had went away. She was happy, her doc was happy, and I was happy. :) Her mom had alzhiemers so we couldn't tell if she had any changes except that she didn't sleep as much(carbon monoxide?)

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited July 2013

Left the grandsons and granddaughter delivered safely. Going to have lunch with her, then 3 hour drive home.

Have a nice day Hoolies.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited July 2013

I think I have white-coat hypertension in addition to my regular hypertension. I had an onc appt on Monday and my BP was 162/72. It's been that high at every onc appt. So I dug out my BP monitor, which was unused, and it was 136/61 at home. I'm going to take 3 x day for a week and see what the range is. I'm already on 2 blood pressure meds, so it was scary to have it that high. I don't have to go back until January.

Gma, where does your son live? Portland? Have a safe drive.

DS and DIL discovered you can rent campground space at Hawaiian parks for quite reasonable rates. One place we had a cabin and in another we were camped on the beach. They had showers and we got take out in town for dinner. It's not as luxurious as a hotel, but $10 a night beats $200.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited July 2013

Yes Wren, portland we are eating at our favorite pizza place Bellagios.

• gardengumby
    edited July 2013

Wren - my last onc appt (last week) my BP was SOOOO high.  I told her that it would be, though, because 1. I'd been drinking iced tea all day and 2.  I had just totally lost my temper at my boss.  I was a hairs breadth from walking into his office and quitting - but managed to hang on until I got out of there for the day. 

I'm going to have to buy a home BP monitor so that I can find out what my "reality" is as opposed to my "at the doctor's office" is. 

• sas-schatzi
    edited July 2013

Wren "White Coat Sydrome" or "White Coat Hypertension". History: the term was used as far back as the 60's (that's as far back as I go LOL). In around 1998, there was an official evidence based study published. It proved that patients blood pressures did indeed spike when exposed to docs and medical situations. It then became an official term. Talk with your doc after you have gone through your documentation. Spiking BP's can be a cause to change antihypertensive management.

Please, consider after establishing whether this is a situation for you, to try behavior modification interventions first with your docs input. Some suggestions. 1. Visual imagery.  2. Physical modifications used in meditation i.e. concentrating on relaxation and breathing control. The quickest easiest method over the years, that I have used with untrained people in situations where Bp was elevated, was Lamaze. The slow deep relaxing breaths used in early labor and focus points. Some didn't realize I was doing Lamaze with them. I did ask if the person knew the techniques of Lamaze. If they did, it did make things easier. 3. Always go to appointments early, with the intent to relax before being seen. Use whatever behavior modification techniques that you have practiced, while waiting to be seen. 4. Decondition yourself by going to docs office and just sit there, then ask for your BP to be taken. Then leave. Repeat as necessary over time, until normal values are attained consistently.

The spiking of the Bp is related to the "fright or flight" mechanism controlled by the  Sympathetic Nervous System. Long, involved, and fascinating if you care to read about it.

The different behavior modifications can all be googled and practiced.  Good Luck!

I'll link to and old thing I wrote on Bp and recording Sassy

http://community.breastcancer.org/topic_post?forum_id=102&id=778836&page=170

Wrote this on Fuzzy's Romp Room, scroll down the page to find it.

• sas-schatzi
    edited July 2013

The comments re: what happens in the operating room/department. Please, what you thought you observed and understood, IS NOT WHAT EXISTS. Operating room folks maintain the highest standards of understanding sterility, clean, clean contaminated, dirty contaminated, and hazardous dirty contaminated(i.e.gas gangrene). If an infection is proved to have been contracted in the operating room it is b/c a breach of protocol somewhere in the chain. But just as with anything else, the group practicing must be conscious at all times to identify and correct a breach.

I had the privelege of working in the operating room for 4 years. The hardest thing over the rest of my career was to work with and get others to understand, the higher standards that could be achieved by following the principles of the standard practice of the operating room. I maintain that if all nursing personell would work in an OR for aperiod of time, we would NOT have the problems, we have today with infections. The OR develops a different consciousness.

• gardengumby
    edited July 2013

sas - I am not a nurse, but after having been in hospitals altogether too much for a couple of years, I truly wish they would follow your suggestion.  I had nurse's pick my oxygen thing off the floor and attempt to put it in my nose, drop the IV on the floor and then go to stick it in my arm, change my pee bag and then go to empty my drains (without washing hands or changing gloves) and it goes on and on.  By the time I was in the hospital the last time and they put me into a room next to someone who was "isolated" with MRSA, my husband was a nervous wreck.  He wouldn't go home, spent the night in the hospital with me and checked me out as SOON as possible in the morning.  I do believe that part of the problem is the horrendous hours the hospital staff is expected to keep, though.  No one can be at their best, or even their medium when they are on shift for twelve hours.  It's inhumane.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,351
    edited July 2013

Really agree with that GG.

Jackie/aka Lilly

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited July 2013

Sas, thank you so much for the link. I remembered you writing about it but wouldn't have a clue where to find it. Just before surgery, my BP was 178 over something. I asked if I could calm myself down and lowered it to 150 in about 5 mins. I have studied meditation and it worked then. Don't know Lamaze; I'm one of the early natural girls (1960). I used the book by Grantly Dick-Read written for women in England during WWII. It starts...lean back against a fencepost or a tree.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited July 2013

GG, I can identify. I had my daughter who is a nurse at my bedside. It helped that 2 of my nurses had worked for me as aides and while in nursing school. I also believe 12 hour shifts are too long. They are dangerous for patients and the nurses