STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited July 2013

OK Chevy this is really difficult thing to do keeping my mouth shut with u'r name with the word sailor in the same sentence, but I did.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited July 2013

This is what 2 mountain ridges from me looked like this weekend :-(  I just see the big smokecloud from my house.

http://www.kpic.com/news/local/Douglas-Complex-declared-conflagration-more-homes-evacuated-217316571.html

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited July 2013

Going in this morning to check on the lymphnode..prayers that its just an infection. It is better. Be back later..

• marywh
    edited July 2013

Gma you and I posted at the same time-what an awful fire. How close is it to you?

• gmafoley
    edited July 2013

30-40 miles away - its south of us.  We do get their smoke up on our mountain though - air is thick.. 

Mary I'm praying that things are ok and I'm in your pocket.

Back to the old grind today - working at 4am on computer until 1pm.. No grandchildren around... hubby sleeping.. feeling very alone at the moment. 

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited July 2013

Gma - south of you is not good, considering the prevailing winds.  Be ready to get out of there quickly if need be.

Mary - thinking of you today - it'll be an infection...  infection... infection

Shell - we're going to be on Oahu in November Smile it'll be our post-retirement hurray trip.  not to mention visiting our son and his family. 

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited July 2013

GMA - Stay safe!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,346
    edited July 2013

Stopping in to say hi....dwill, everyone has said it just fine.  Something about cancer and the sheer number of things ( tests, txs, meds, ) you must take make it some thing of the pits even when things seem to go in a somewhat rationale fashion.  Better to "feel" what you do, get it out in the real world, and once you can freely admit it is there.....you can work with it.  It is a 'downer' disease....hard to stay up-beat, but life can reach a fair state of normalcy again.  Just can be a bit of a rough climb to get there.  If you sense some one behind you pushing you up, its me.

Jackie

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited July 2013

Miss MaryMary and Miss WillyNilly...lumps, bumps & nodes ..oh my....make them go away...get Miss Phyllo to shoot them with a paint ball gun now.

Miss ShellyBelly and Miss Gma...stay safe

Miss Chevy....are you celebrating today?  First thing I heard when I woke up this morning was that its National Chicken (wing) Day!

Miss Cam...I did catch my mistaken post..left it to brighten their day...HA

Miss SweetPea...let us know how 1st day of RADS go  xoxo

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited July 2013

8.2 inches of rain in Philly, and parts of N.J..fell in about 6 hours.....horrible coming home from shore last night...2 hour drive took 2hrs 45 minutes longer............bumper to bumper unless you went my way, and my daughter refused to go that way..........my other daughter did, and had no problem.........guess I went with the wrong daughter.lol......

2 homes in Philly collapsed this morning.......

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited July 2013

GMA and Shells stay safe.......

Mary continued prayers.......

Dwilli ditto what Cami said.

• marywh
    edited July 2013

yay!!No biopsy!!!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited July 2013

Sweet pea I get ot dd is the same and I offer to watch the gc who are 7, 3 and 1 for a couple of hours a and the younger ones take naps that way I can take mine....I feel guilty if not but I want to help her the person that she married family doesn't do anything.....you asked they answered maybe there is something you don't know....

Chickie and Phillie hope you are feeling ok.....

CHEVY you are too funny and I didn't know what it was either...

Cammie and Shellie......hugs!!!

Me still hooked up to oxy and they still don't know what the deal is and it personally is pissing me off...figure out why I can't breathe plz.... going to lay down, usually do it from 2 - 5...

HUGS!!!!

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited July 2013

Good afternoon hooligans ;)

Made it through my first radiation treatment it was very easy no pain nothing but of course my thoughts got the best of me. I held it together but had tears streaming down. Well here goes even if risk vs benefit is the same. At lease DH and Austin will know I did everything I could to fight this.

GMA please let us know what is happening. Those fires are close be careful of your lungs.

Thank you for all of your help. Just putting it in Gods hands. Just wish they were more verbally supportive. But I can not change people and just bc I would handle things completely different I can't expect them too. It just makes me sad to see DH sad and disappointed. They are pushing Tim away :(

Mary hope everything is okay...

Blondie have they done any PET scans recently? Or looked at the lungs closely any pulmonary hypertension? Did the O2 company give you a pulse ox?

Love u ladies xoxo

• gmafoley
    edited July 2013

Ok just so you all know - I changed my pain management docs appt to weds instead of next week - I had tylenol #3 it really makes me off... I think I'm going to sit down with him and rethink our strategy.. 

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited July 2013

OMG Fire, disease, not breathing, discontent---this sounds like the Bible

That fire is way to close Gmawatchout. I didn't know Oregon had fires, it's like nalways raining and talk about raining Ducky what going on there? This is all wrong for July

Well Mary u have some good news, so I'm glad about that.

Sweet Pee see the rads really are easy to take so relax a little more, but I hope u get things figured out, that's for sure.

Well I'm supposed to see my surgeon Wed. I called my old one up from Elmhurst hispital and had my surgery records stuff faxed over there--so now we'll see what's next. I got all of that accomplished today- whew

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited July 2013

SweetPea..... Little honey, please don't let this all get you down!  Thinking about all that has happened or could happen will drive you nuts!  It's okay to cry..... and it's okay to go scream and yell, but don't do it around anybody....Wink  THEN you will have to spend time with Phyllibracelet in the pokey!

We are WITH you, and some of these gals have gone through just the same as you..... So don't let your DH see you cry, or your little Austin!  YOU can be the strong one now.  They will see you giving up, and you just can't do that..... not now! 

I mean even Veggy has those feelings..... but we keep holding on to her collar, and not letting her fall!    And Cammi..... Well I don't know what she is doing..... she is looking to fix something or other....and we are there for her too!

Just relax for now.... Radiation is not as bad as you probably thought..... but soon you will be Soooooooo tired, you will fall over while you are walking!  So don't walk.  Don't even stand!  Just lay somewhere, and rest all you can!  Wink  Love you guys..... xoxoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    edited July 2013

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited July 2013

Thanks Chevy. We all know more than one person cares about us here, there's a whole cuckoos nest that does. That's my saving grace, each and everyone of you

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited July 2013

Hey cuckhoolies!!

Get a load of these papayas - we can barely stay ahead of the harvest - this is one day's pickings - it's like zuchinies on the mainland - all of our neighbors have surprise papayas on their porches. The bananas, avocados and pineapples are not going as nuts - thought we should pick everything and pass it out before the storm.

I put a measuring cup in the picture for sizing. This is not a fishing story - honest!

photo IMG_0517_zps078b6957.jpg

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited July 2013

Shellybellyfish, that makes me want a green papaya salad. Yum!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited July 2013

SweetPea

When I did rads with my bad painful back, when the machine would start, I'd say DIE CANCER DIE the whole time. Took my mind off it.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited July 2013

I get to be 63 tomorrow. We are celebrating by doing a colonoscopy. I've already started the prep. Standard follow up scope, nothing wrong.

Stacey sorry, Tim needs to go through a few counceling sessions. They may make it available through your cancer center. Our partners can experience many different things that are similar to what we go through. With this added thing re:his parents, could be a deal breaker for him emotionally. Better to get him in to talk with someone early. Please, do this, he may want to refuse, but be firm. When both Dh and I were dx'd in 09, I waited a bit too long to get us both into counseling. So this isn't just nursie talk. DH and I went for couples counseling and separately. Being here is wonderful. Being with a counselor that understands cancer is important from all angles for the two of you. :) Your insurance should cover it.

• Chevyboy
    edited July 2013

SASS!  Happy Birthday!  A Leo, eh?  Can't hold us down, right?   I will be 76 Wednesday!  Wow!  That sounds so damn old, but I don't feel like those numbers are mine!  

A colonoscopy?  Yee-gads, I hate that prep stuff!  The rest of it is easy..... just drinking that pond-scum makes me want to just gag.... and usually does.

Shells.... I love papaya's!  Just send us all a box of everything that you said you have!   Okay, and then I'll send everyone a box of tomatoes, Ha!  That is when I ever GET any..... still a little early here.

Juliaanna.... yes, we all live in the cuckoo's nest....Ha!  xoxoxo

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited July 2013

Awww happy birthday tomorrow Sas!!!! I just did my 5 year colonoscopy (had benign polyps last time) a few weeks ago. This time no polyps so don't have to have another one for 10 years... Hope your appointment is early so you can then enjoy your birthday...glad it is just a standard follow up but doesn't make the prep for it any easier...

Cindy

• marywh
    edited July 2013

Oh Sas what a birthday present...yuck. I dont need another for a few more years.But happy happy birthday to you. If I knew how to do it, I would post Ziggy singing happy birthday to you, but Im not too technical, as if you all havnt noticed..ha-ha.....

• gmafoley
    edited July 2013

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited July 2013

Happy almost birthday Miss Sassafras and Miss Chevy...♥

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited July 2013

Happy Birthday, Sas!!  Hope you have a great day (after the colonoscopy).Wink

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited July 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL Y'ALL