STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

My 6 kids tell me I am a duplicate of Marie Barone...(the mother on Everybody Loves Raymond)................whenever they do reruns my phone is texted 6 times........each kid says "yo Mom your on TV......comedians all of them......

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

MY PORCHES ARE DONE! YAY!!! except for a little painting and putting up the storm door, we are finished. When dd comes over tomorrow, Ill at least put a picture where my avatar goes if we cant figure out how to post big pictures. Now I want to redo my hardwoods, get new carpet and build a swimming pool (indoor preferably) haha.....and then Ill be happy.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2013

Well....  I used to garden - we had a lot of ground and I tried to landscape it hahahahahaha built rock walls, tried to act like a dang mountain goat going up and down really steep hills with these big pots of something or other.  It looked OK, but took too much work to keep up, so we ended up ripping out a lot of it and planting shrubs.  Then we sold the house :)

Right now we're living in a townhouse downtown Tacoma, WA (not exactly gardeing material as there is a 1ft x 1ft patch of "grass" in front of the unit that someone else takes care of).  I'll at least have a good herb garden in the new house, though - once we get moved in.  I'm not going to do the hard to take care of stuff, though, cuz my knees won't work anymore.  I thought of getting a little rolly thing that I could sit on, but I don't know if they make 'em anymore.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2013

Little cammi-nism! Sorry that they are going to watch you. WTH! Isn't it enough that the NSA watches us? Just have the NSA send your records to the docs. Oh, and while there were some good ideas for keeping your guts in place (not really) you should just swallow a LOT of pieces of bubble gum! That will solve the problem the cheapest way. What flavor do you like?

Good luck in the chemo chair tomorrow, chicklet.

P

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited August 2013

Oh Garden - they do make those roly sit on things. I think I've seen one in my fav. Lowes ad. Stores your garden tools under the seat.

Yeah Mary - Bet you're enjoying porch time tonight.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,342
    edited August 2013

My Dh has one of those things with the tool shelf/basket thingy ( I'm sure they have some great logical name for it ) but I didn't know where he got it.  As for the above --- I'm obvioulsy not too logical.

Lilli

• phgraham
    edited August 2013

Mary has porches!  Yippee!

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2013

Cami, So glad you have some answers.  Hope that relieves some of the stress.

Yeah, Marywithporches!!

Hope chemo is being kind to those who had a treatment.

Sweetpea, Here's to a great trip!

Sas, thanks for the info.  

Good night, all.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

You people are just WAY TOOO WILD with your flying orgasms, coke nose, stuck on the floor, "yo mom, you're on TV" texting, lousy spelling,  bullying each other, calling each other ladies and meaning it loosely: I'm afraid if I hang out with you too much I might get a bad reputation, because I'm such an

photo ScreenShot2013-08-13at120643AM_zps4afcf77b.png

😎

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

Oh PULEEZE little Shells!  I don't even know anyone who comes CLOSE to being an "innocent angel!"....  Hah! 

You guys, those little rolling box things are great, but only for storing your "stuff"....Or you can pull your "stuff" all around the yard.... But if you try sitting on one, and if you want to bend over to work on the ground, you will fall on your nose!  I can't hardly reach the ground, even when I'm ON it, much less sitting on a bench, and trying to reach DOWN to it.  So my "stuff" is safe in there... but don't leave it out in the rain.... it leaks.... BUT you can set your drink cups on there!  Smile  So it works like a little table, or stand!  (all the while, storing stuff.)

I have a Kneeler... and it works great...  and you can pull yourself up with the handles!  Ducky, YOU could use it too, probably.... maybe....  or not.

I hold onto both handles and then kneel down to the padded cushion.  And I can use it in the house, like when I am cleaning under the sink, or the cupboards.  So then just hold onto the handles to pull yourself back up.

Ducky, that description was sooooo funny!  Mostly because most of us have BEEN there!  And don't drop any money on the floor at Walmart!  It's embarrasing to stand there, and watch all those $100 bills laying there, because you don't want anyone seeing you drop down on your knees with a thud, gathering them all up, and yelling for fire-rescue for HELP!   Or even TRYing to just bend over  THAT FAR!!!  I can do THAT one better, than dropping to the floor!

Sometimes people run over to help, when they see you standing there, in a quandry, tears rolling down your face.....

MARY, I'm so happy for your porch, and swimming pool (dream) and happiness finally sets in!  We are all jealous! 

Phyllisilly!  That was good!  Have Nasa send your records!  Ha, ha!  Cammi, she was talking to you....lazy bones!  But try and have COMCAST help you, and they can't EVEN find your account!   They should call NASA!

Littlegardens... so you have to change your name.... maybe to "HerbsNstuff?"   But I know what you mean... Oh wait!  You said disparaging remarks about Mountain Goats?  I hope Littlegoats does NOT see that!  Tsk, tsk, tsk!

So in other words, you down-sized....  Yes, I am trying too, also!  Only 85 spindly tomato plants this year instead of 150!  Not a good year for tomatoes, in this region.  But the ones we are getting are great....  NEXT year, maybe only about 10....  (unless I see another little green-house pack at the dollar store, and can't resist, of which that thing had a ZILLION seeds in it!)  THOSE tomatoes are really GOOD, but a million of them?

Cammilittlehoney, are you better this morning?  Did you try any of our in-valuable suggestions?  Are you SLEEPING still? 

Okay Juliaanna, Spookie, Lillibelle, Littlegoats and HerbsNstuff.... talk to y'all later! xoxoxoxo

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2013

Savgigi, I will take two of those t-shirts...one for when the other one is in the wash! LOL...

I have to stay on Aromasin until 9/17 when I see my MO cause she made me promise to give it 90 days and then we will discuss switching cause she said it takes a while for the body to adjust. What I want to say about that is "Yeah...adjust this!" LOL.

I really feel like crap, all day, every day. Last night I actually cried! My cat came running to see why Mommy was bawling. One minute I was laughing my butt off watching "Raising Hope" (anyone see the one with the "Service Pig" OMG too funny!) and the next I was crying cause the pain got to me big time. I am not a cryer as a rule, and I have a very high pain threshold, but this stuff is AWFUL!

Anyway, back to work. Glad you are ok Cami and Chevy, I am gonna buy me one of those things to scrub my bathtub since I need a knee replaced but am not in any hurry to do it.

Ducky, you always make me smile! xo

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

April....same thing with Letrozole.....I am so tired of this life, and am ready to take my chances going off it......have done 2 years of pure hell, and would rather have a few years of feeling good, then many year of aches and pains.....you don't know unless you take this shit....

I haves friend on Arimidex says she has no SE's.......She did 10 years of Tamox, and now few years of Arimidex......tells me stop reading the package insert......in other words......I "think I have what the insert says.....sorry.....this pain is real......

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

That kneeling thing might work. Or I could get a rolly thing and lay across it instead of sitting on it. That would be quite the picture wouldn't it? Of course standing up again would be just about impossible!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

OMG I took this off my favorites----I'm back

Ducky I'm sorry cux I know how that is, but it's hysterical to visualize what's going on just trying to get up. Oh wish we could see the video and u were in public??? Oh please pictures. LMAO

This is my second wakeup this morning so this time I have coffee, It's in the lower 60's thismorning and I'm freezing and I'm not awake yet--This second sleep makes me drag more sooo when my mind wakes up (Oh for sure shut up Chevy)

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

BTW I like mountain goats. It's just that they are actually good on steep mountain sides. I am most decidedly not!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

My porches are wonderful, although theres a glitch in the remote for the fan, it turns on all the ceiling fans in the house. Electric guy has to come back out and reprogram them. Whatever happened to light switches and pulls? Gs is coming over to spend the night thurs. We are camping out on the porch. That should be fun?

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2013

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

Gma....love it

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited August 2013

April, I'm sorry you feel so bad. My pain is not as bad - Aleve handles most of it. I see my onc today. I may give it 3 more months but if it gets worse, I will be ready to try another one. I am 91% ER+ but my DCIS was only 4 mm. I would be ok with going off the AIs if none of them are tolerable. But there is no way I will take Tamoxifen.

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

savgigi - some people tolerate tamoxifen quite well.  I don't happen to be one of them - that stuff almost killed me - but my Mom took it for 10 years and seemed to have no bad effects.  I've only taken tamoxifen and femara - and am planning on staying on femara, even though I'm MOST uncomfortable MOST of the time.  Anyone who doesn't have side effects is certainly lucky in my book.  But like you, the ER+ side for me is really high and since I had positive nodes I just don't feel I have the option of not doing the full five years.  Frown

And April, sometime I too just sit and cry.  I get so tired of hurting.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2013

In the chemo chair........

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

Had a PM from Mericat sends her best to everyone. She' doing great. She's chaffeuring and chasing he 16/14/11 y/o kids. said dhe will post more when they go back to school :) saay

• savgigi
    edited August 2013

Hi, Gardengumby. The reason I won't take tamoxifen is because it has a high chance of causing problems with clots - heart attack, stroke, DVT - and I already have a personal high risk for those things. I don't want to add 10-15% risk in addition to what I already have. I also had a baseline endometrial biopsy just on the possibility of taking tamoxifen. I will already live in fear of breast cancer for the rest of my life. I do not want to live in fear of endometrial cancer, too. The AIs have a risk of clots, but the risk is smaller.

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

Oh, I understand!!  That's how tamoxifen almost killed me - blood clots.  I had a DVT and multiple PE's.  Not good.  I don't blame you for not wanting to take it!  I also apparently have an allergy to it - even before i got the PE's it BADLY interferred with my breathing.  Between it and cancer, had it been my only option, I would probably have had to opt for cancer.  Femara sucks, but it's "just" aches and pains.  I can still breathe. Smile

• phgraham
    edited August 2013

Good morning hellions!  Oh wait, you're hooligans.  My mom used to call us kids hellions.  I'm sure it's not the same.

I mentioned a while back that I was applying for SSDI.  I applied through the legal firm that my employer uses for employees on Long Term Disability.  I completed the application questionnaire via telephone with the attorney group on July 17.  They sent me the completed forms via e-mail for my signature and I returned them via fax on July 18. They filed the application with SSA on July 30.

SSA called me on July 31 and completed a few questions and confirmed my application.  I was told at that time that my application was flagged for "quick deicision" and that I would have a decision in 30 days.  I received a call yesterday, on August 12 that my application has been approved!  In my book, that was amazingly fast. Yip, Yip, Yippee, Hooray!

• phgraham
    edited August 2013

Another frog for today:

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2013

Miss Phylie..I just got denied for SSDI....how did you get approved so easy?

• savgigi
    edited August 2013

I'm glad the Femara is manageable for you, at least. And that you survived the "benefits" of tamoxifen. I fly across country every other week for my job, so that is a DVT risk in itself. I just cannot see adding more risk on top of that.

• phgraham
    edited August 2013

Chickie - I really don't know, except that for me this is a recurrence.  Sorry you were denied!  Do you have an attorney that you are working with, who will help you appeal?  Unfortunately this is the extent of my SSDI knowledge!

Here is a link to the Social Security board.  There are a lot of good questions and answers there. Sorry I'm not more help!

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/113/topic/770569?page=24#idx_701

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited August 2013

I think the lawyer made the difference. There are lawyers that specialize in SSI and SSDI. Social Security seems to believe lawyers more than applicants.