STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

Oh Cami, you are in rare form today. That picture is worth a million. Made me laugh. Ewwww. Woke up this morning about 4 and went out on my porch, there was a pack of coyotes howling somewhere close by. Scary...I never see them just hear them. Ziggy was howling right along with them, tough girl.....

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2013

A DVT is a deep vein thrombosis (blood clot). I'm on the bus trying to type on my phone and it's nuts. Be back later!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,342
    edited August 2013

Just stopping in to say hi......wow, by the time I can get here most days there are two or three pages.  At this rate I'm going to have to hire someone to read for me...

Hope you are all going to have a wonderful Wednesday.  I'm taking Dh to the V.A. Hosp.  Has a hernia getting a bit too big.

Lilli

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Oh Lillihernia, tell us what they do for him exactly.--Good Luck

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2013

haha Chevy, I wasn't trying to show off!  I was trying to appear less pitiful!  Here's the good news in addition to SSDI:

**NO ZELDA THIS WEEK!!

**Last Ixempra is next Monday.

** I get to keep my life insurance at work, probably with a "waiver of premium" (sassy!)

**I probably won't wont be eligible for retirement benefits from my employer, but they are looking into it.

**I got the COBRA amounts for my medical, dental and vision insurance so I can PLAN! 

I'm feeling good still, which is a miracle in itself.  All in all, a GREAT week !

Hope yours is good as well!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2013

Just wanted to show you my rainbow from the other day during those horrible lightning storms.  Read that we had 14,000 strikes in 24 hours. 

rainbow

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

He's wearing dark underwear b/c of a noticable other problem EUUUUUUU!

Phyllisohappy :) Now needy.med.org to find an organization that will help with COBRA :). If you've contributed anything to your retirement fund , you will get a 100% of that back.

Cami  you described your scenario very well. Your scenario IS highly unusual. You have chosen the management route that is best for you. It wouldn't surprise me at all that either the surgeon or the radiologist doesn't ask permission to publish your story AND the films. I could see them easily doing a co-author approach with submission to multipublications of journals of surgery and diagnostic imaging. It would be beneficial to all young docs in training.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Sso it's up to you.--as when he said 50/50 I chose the best 50 for me--I remembered right then when my Onc. said 50/50 to me and I said I want the best 50 and that what up to them, that why my stuff seemed to go on forever and I had so much chemo and so many different kinds she said they were hitting it with everything so the best 50 worked--it was just funny how they used the same ratio. They probably all do so they aren't held responsible. I just was hoping they could ease my pain, I'm selfish that way--but I can live with it. My DD has more problems feeling bad for me--but I told her if we didn;t live together like before she wouldn't know what was happeneing so forget it. But I also remember my original Onc. saying she thought I would live with complications along the way, hoping that cancer wouldn't be one of them --she ddn't mean it like well u'r in for it--she was speaking with her experience and I always told her to tell me the truth and she has been right--so I live with this shit--it's all better than living with cancer so I'm thankful. And at the time she would tell me my SE's only happen to about 2% of women (most of them) so I have always been quirky--I told u guys that--OK I just took my pain meds hahaha U can always tell I think by now

Phylocook I'm so happy this is a good week all the way around for u, it's about time.

Andhow's our little chicaD doing now?

I had to put that pic up it was the first thing I saw this morning and it was sickening and I had to share--so it was a must. 

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Cami, I know babe. Even though your not having surgery. I just didn't want anyone to think it unimportant. You listened to your doc, weighed the risk. 50/50 chance of making it through is the translation. I know the doc told you all the organs that would have to be moved and fixed b/c you listed them. This is a major undertaking. It isn't just the organs, "there's a whole lot of work around doing that". Use that phrase, if someone says or trys to talk you into it. I'll PM and will discuss pain management lovey.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

Okay miss Cammi!  I had to undo what you did....

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited August 2013

Now now I thought this was a respectable group, LOL. That really is eyecandy for this time of the morning. What a sight to be greeted with, much better than Cami's one.

Hope you are feeling OK today Chickychickdee,

Big big hugs

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

His hands are so strategically placed. Now come on - the other guy looks like he is a hard working dude. I bet he was hot when he was younger.

Dx 1/16/2013, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+Dx 1/16/2013, <1cmSurgery 01/25/2013 Mastectomy (Left); Lymph Node Removal (Left); Prophylactic Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction: Tissue expander placement (Both)Surgery 05/03/2013 Reconstruction: Breast implants (permanent) (Both)

• shellshine
    edited August 2013

Okay, for the news:  There are two hospices in Hawaii that I am particularly interested in working at. I have an interview at one of them this Friday. This would be a very good opportunity for me, so please send me your positive thoughts this coming Friday at 9:00 am Hawaii time, 12 noon west coast time, 6 pm east coast time!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2013

Referring to Chevy's picture:

Show me more LOL _ Just kidding 

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

Good luck shell, keeping everything crossed for you!

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Oh Shells in your pocket!!!!!!!!! Do you mind me transferring your post on SSDI to the Just diagnosed thread?

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2013

Shellshine! The best of luck!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,342
    edited August 2013

Positive thoughts *** Shell**** Posiive thoughts trillions...all to be deposited friday morning.

Lilli

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

Little Shells!  Thinking of you!  Even if you can't SEE straight!  Wink xoxoxoxo

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Shells great vibes sending u'r way. Shells did I know u lived in Hawaii? Did we all know--I guess when I saw US Hawaii never entered my mind. Boy am I old. U live in one of the most beautiful places on earth. OH my.

And Chevy I will take that ROOM, I know it will be hard for me (ahem) but I will endure my punishment and I don't care what I'm punished for I deserve it.

Sas thanks, I never know when I make myself clear or not.

And Maryjealous hahahahaha

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2013

Shells, pomaikai on Friday.  Both employers will be lucky to have you on staff.

By chance we are having a luau at my assisted living!  The activity director is going to teach the residents how to hula!

Veggy, how ya doin' with your new med?  or better yet, how's your new med treating you?

Greetings to everyone.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited August 2013

Good vibes comin' at'cha Shells!!!!!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited August 2013

O M D Chevy

You trying to give all of us heart attacks??

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited August 2013

Day 3 - nauseated, sleepy, depressed...

• juliaanna
    edited August 2013

Veggy,  Sorry..not the report I was hoping to hear from you.  Hugs.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Veggy I'm so sorry u have to go thru this, I wish we could all help, all we can do is be here. Rest sweety and ask for anything that can help u from the Dr. Please.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited August 2013

Veggy - hope that Xeloda is knocking the socks off those little sh**s. Love you.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited August 2013

Gma - sorry the smoke has invaded your moutain top. Hoping for gentle rains on the fires.

Shells - I echo the good interview vibes on Friday.

• shellshine
    edited August 2013

Thank you everyone for the positive thoughts and encouragement.

Sassy, yes, share the knowledge. The URL is http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/social-security-disability-breast-cancer.html

Julia - please let me know if you would like me to send a package for your resident's luau - I would be happy to - what is the date?

I look for posts from you every day, Vegette. Sending you healing thoughts and lots of love.

All of you sisters rock, rascals one and all.

• juliaanna
    edited August 2013

Shells, Thanks for the offer but the luau is Friday.  Hopefully we will be celebrating your new job!