STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2013

Organzas!!! Laughing LOL  Glad it wasn't really bad news.  Sorry for the pain, though.  Pain sucks!!

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited August 2013

Cami good that it is over and you know something. I always say knowing is half the battle. The unknown is scary sometimes then just knowing... Or at least I think so... It's no wonder your tired. Waiting is an exhausting thing.... Rest up!!!

Cindy AKA Squishey

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited August 2013

Cami - I want tickets to see the Flying Organza, too! Did they offer you anything better to manage your pain?

April, good to see you here again. I am thinking of ordering a t-shirt that reads "I hate this f*****g Aromasin. Want one?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

To all, we all have discussed chemo/ anethesia brain. We now can call it anesthesia/chemo/drug brain. This article is in AARP magazine. It discusses the drug classifications that can cause memory loss. It describes why each drug class can cause memory loss. It gives specific names of drugs. It gives alternative drugs that can be substituted. I would suggest reviewing it with your prescribing doc if you have concerns regarding any of your meds. I also suggest you put it in your favorite places on your computer. Also, printing it off for future referrence if you have a printer. Please, pass this on to other BCO friends, friends etc. ;) sassy

http://www.aarp.org/health/brain-health/info-05-2013/drugs-that-may-cause-memory-loss.1.html

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

Cami, Im happy if your happy. Thanks for the moral support about the bus rideTongue Out. I can do this. Hey April, Im glad to see you back.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited August 2013

Cami - Yeah for the flying organzas and no surgery. Sounds like you listened very well to him. Doctors' appointments wear me out too. I usually treat myself by going shopping since I'm already in town but find I tire out quickly.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

Thank God it is over, Cammi, it was noisy in your pocket, the hoolies were a little rowdy, weren't they? So glad you  have your answers and no surgery.

Congrats on the mammo, April.

Nice to see you Veggy, thanks for the coffee - I put some Amaretto in mine.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

I think she meant flying orgasm's!  But if they don't want to touch you, well I guess THAT'S out!  Miss Cammi, I'm so glad they are not going to do anything with your wayward innards!   Sometimes, maybe things will just be better left alone.  Maybe they will be able to treat you with the drugs you have, or different ones?  To stabilize your skippity-hoppin' "stuff?"    And yes, don't maybe DO so much.... just relax, and look beautiful!  Drink chocolate cokes and smoke weed....  just kidding.   (But that would be alright in your case....)  And oh yes.... remember we all love you!

Littlegoats....and April!    LG....I think your diagnosis was the same as mine....  My Onco score was 19, but I didn't WANT chemo, so I whined, and they felt sorry for me because I was old....Wink  So I was taking Tamoxifen for 1 1/2 years, then just quit, and I'm doing fine.  I'm like Ducky....  Dang!  I don't want to get cancer again, but I DO want to feel okay!  And so far, I'm going on 4 years NED, so I'm thinkin' I'm out of the woods.

Okay, gotta get something done! xoxoxoxoxo

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

Oh how I would love to stop it.........just 1 day to feel like my self again....won't say "old self", cause "old"is is what got me here......,,,,,

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2013

Miss CamiWithOrgasms.......hugs and love...we can just staple your parts where they should be...kinda like pin the tail on the Cami  ♥

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Chickers, YES!  Either a staple-gun, or even Duck Tape!  They really make some pretty back-to-school designs now!    Poor little Cammi, is probably napping, which she SHOULD be! 

Ducky, I really FEEL good.... just can't move around as good, or bend, or reach, or do the splits, or hand-stands anymore....Wink Isn't it funny, how it seems like all of a sudden, you can't bend your leg like you used to?  Or trim your toe-nails without any pain?   Or even get up off the floor as easy as we used to?  It happened over-night!

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited August 2013

Chevy, you can actually get down on the floor and then get back up again? I can't do that without prying myself up. I'm impressed!

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Oh Thanks!  Wink  I can work with my "kneeler" but when I get down, I have to hold onto the cupboards, drawers or ANYthing to get back up!   I thought I was the only one!   So yes, we have to pry ourselves up!    "Things" just hurt now, when we move them..... but guess we are still lucky, right? 

I cleaned everything in the bedroom yesterday, and MAN, my left shoulder is miserable!  Even managed to lose my remote control to the TV!  Went and got another one, and didn't have to pay for it... AND I programmed it in right!  I amazed myself.  I think I'll go fix a chocolate coke...Ha!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited August 2013

Cami, I am so pleased you got some answers. Yes it is a big operation and takes time to get over. I find that when I know what is causing it I deal much better with the pain. It doesn't lessen the pain but you understand what is happening. They had to operate on me because there was a danger of my stomach getting stuck in the hernia - Sas will understand. So you must look after yourself and try to take it easy.

Talking of coffee. I need my morning fix.

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

What's a chocolate coke?

• Alyson
    edited August 2013

Not sure but it is very addictive.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2013

Oh I forgot ...hi Miss AucklandAly...nice to meet you and thanks for your well wishes on chemo tomorrow!

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Okay little gardens....  Just pour some chocolate syrup into a tall glass, fill with ice, and pour in a coke!  Stir and drink.   So that means you are much younger than SOME of us on here....Ha!  They were popular in the 50's.... Had them at the "soda fountains"......  But if you want one now, you almost have to make one yourself.

I used to work for Pepsi/Dr. Pepper..... And in the Winter, we would sample Hot Dr. Pepper, with a slice of Lemon..... The people really liked it!   I've even made chocolate root-beer.... 

YES Alyson, it IS....Ha!

• Alyson
    edited August 2013

Back in the dark ages when I was young we used to add icecream to coke and chocolate syrup - called them spiders - no idea why.

About to go and get my travel docs for our trip. Its getting closer.

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

Chevy - I doubt that I'm any younger - I just didn't lead a very "normal" life. :)  I remember cherry cokes and lemon cokes but not chocolate cokes.  :)

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

Hi, still answering PM's on the AARP drug thing, but had to share this. I received a Pm from someone whose left BCO, but still gets email alerts. Her husband has Parkinson's. He's on 4 drugs mentioned in the article. Has had recent increase in Short Term Memory Loss. She's already on the phone to the neurologist. She and I hadn't had contact for quite awhile. I told her it made my OCD totally worthwhile b/c it changed something for them. I was overwhelmed for a few moments.  I make the MODS crazy when I spam like this, but I will never forget her PM. A Blessing.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

OMG I wake up and what are we talking about? Chevy's chocolate Coke again??? Chevy cokenose--tell the truth LOL Anyway it's like talking about the damn chickens---but I never hear of a lemon coke, sounds good tho. And I was going to say exactly what GiGi said about getting on the floor and getting up--wow u'r good.

Sas I knew there was more to "chemo" brain--no wonder floopyness is a common way of thinking for most of us.

Chickstillchemo now this is the 2nd to last one right, or u'r last one.? I can't keep this straight--see my floopybrain.

BTW Chevy I was going to say orgasims but it's been so long I don't think that works at all, like the rest of me.

I hope everyone had a good day today, I'm still 1/2 asleep I wake up later

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Cokenose?  Ha!  You know the only thing I ever did, was try smoking this brown old hollow weed that my Brother and I pulled up out of the vacant lot!  It's a wonder we didn't die!   I smoked from about 16 to 22.... then quit, because when I inhaled, it felt like I got hit with a sledgehammer in my chest....    I mean even Menthol cigarettes did that!   

I never even tried weed.... I was too afraid it would DO something strange to me....  Wink  And my girlfriends didn't either....  So it's probably a good thing!  Besides my folks would have beat the crap out of me!    My Daughter's DID make up for what I didn't do....Ha!   But it didn't hurt them.....

MissGardens.... I just raked out the dead spots in my lawn, threw in grass seed....(Not THAT kind Cammi) and watered it all!  Then I sprayed some of the crabgrass & Dandelions!    By the way.... Do you "garden" of any kind?  Or am I just talking in the wind....Ha!

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

Please....this is true.....I have 2 bad knees...can't put any pressure on them, and I mean ANY......

My daughter, myself and my 2 grand kids were playing a game on the floor down the shore....we played for about 1hour.......then everyone jumped up........except me....lol.....I had to roll over on my stomach, lean on the armchair, and try to boost myself......well to do this maneuver you need to use your knees.........forgetaboutit.......I could not get up.....I am LMAO, which is also not helping.........I yell at my daughter.....,,GET ME A FRIGGIN PILLOW TO PUT UNDER MY KNEES........WELL THAT DID NOT HELP, so I turned around, sat up on my ass, and leaned my arms backward, while scooting my ass and lower body up the chair.......

Just in case you can't picture this, I can ask my granddaughter if I can have the video that she took with her IPad the whole time, laughing her ass off.......while I'm face down on the floor saying OMG, OMG, and laughing too.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

image alt="" width="266" height="190" />

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

image alt="" width="266" height="190" />

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

I can't get the pics to pring. Don't worry Chevy I won't give up--take that wammy off of me.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited August 2013

ROFLMAO. What a visual!! My knees are in need of replacing too. If I tried that I'd need a CRANE to get up!

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

Me too Spookie, but it never would have fit through the door......the whole friggin episode lasted about 15 minutes.....with my daughter yelling......JUST TELL ME WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT ME TO DO..........I told her just STFU and get me the pillow........and my granddaughter saying....OMG MOM, NANNIE JUST DROPPED THE F BOMB......,.that one is lucky she made it out alive that day...

Then they threatened to put it on America's Funniest Video's.........

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

Oh Ducky you sound like my mom. We would get to laughing at her so hard we'd all pee in our pants, and then she'd have to go to the bathroom, and that made us all laugh harder. Im sitting here giggling remembering it now.