STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Shell well it's like this--fell asleep to early, no meds and then wide awake--so I didn't stay on long and I watched Friends and House--I could have sex with that man--- and then put Law and Order back on and fell asleep again.Of course I peed during that time--Now it's 5AYEM and I have to sleep some more maybe cuz today I have to leave at 10:15 Ayem meaning I have to start getting ready around 8:30ayem cuz I do everything slowly so My cat came over and cuddled now she's staring at me. So there is my story. LOL

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

Morning Cami!  Are you still awake?

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Okay, NOW he's big enough you almost COULD!

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Jackie, I just read what you posted on our Older Womens thread..... 

I just HAD to post it here.... it is beautiful!

"I wish you enough!"© By Bob Perks Contact Bob

I never really thought that I'd spend as much time in airports as I do. I don't know why. I always wanted to be famous and that would mean lots of travel. But I'm not famous, yet I do see more than my share of airports.

I love them and I hate them. I love them because of the people I get to watch. But they are also the same reason why I hate airports. It all comes down to "hello" and "goodbye."I must have mentioned this a few times while writing my stories for you.

I have great difficulties with saying goodbye. Even as I write this I am experiencing that pounding sensation in my heart. If I am watching such a scene in a movie I am affected so much that I need to sit up and take a few deep breaths. So when faced with a challenge in my life I have been known to go to our local airport and watch people say goodbye. I figure nothing that is happening to me at the time could be as bad as having to say goodbye.

Watching people cling to each other, crying, and holding each other in that last embrace makes me appreciate what I have even more. Seeing them finally pull apart, extending their arms until the tips of their fingers are the last to let go, is an image that stays forefront in my mind throughout the day.

On one of my recent business trips, when I arrived at the counter to check in, the woman said, "How are you today?" I replied, "I am missing my wife already and I haven't even said goodbye."

She then looked at my ticket and began to ask, "How long will you...Oh, my God. You will only be gone three days!" We all laughed. My problem was I still had to say goodbye.

But I learn from goodbye moments, too.

Recently I overheard a father and daughter in their last moments together. They had announced her departure and standing near the security gate, they hugged and he said, "I love you. I wish you enough." She in turn said, "Daddy, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed. I wish you enough, too, Daddy."

They kissed and she left. He walked over toward the window where I was seated. Standing there I could see he wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on his privacy, but he welcomed me in by asking, "Did you ever say goodbye to someone knowing it would be forever?"

"Yes, I have," I replied. Saying that brought back memories I had of expressing my love and appreciation for all my Dad had done for me. Recognizing that his days were limited, I took the time to tell him face to face how much he meant to me.

So I knew what this man experiencing.

"Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever goodbye?" I asked.

"I am old and she lives much too far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is, the next trip back would be for my funeral," he said.

"When you were saying goodbye I heard you say, "I wish you enough." May I ask what that means?"

He began to smile. "That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone." He paused for a moment and looking up as if trying to remember it in detail, he smiled even more."When we said 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them," he continued and then turning toward me he shared the following as if he were reciting it from memory.

"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.

I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more. I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.

I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.

I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting. I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I wish enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye."

He then began to sob and walked away.

My friends, I wish you enough! by Bob Perks

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited August 2013

Cam illegal- no still feel like crap. Just had some toast and wondering how long it's going to stay down.

Hugs

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

OMG Veggy this is wful for u. I feel so sad u have to feel so sick with this.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Chevy that pic. of House didn't scare me one bit, I still think he's hot which is unbelievable cux when he was a comdian in England he was far from hot, he was lanky and silly looking.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,334
    edited August 2013

Ah yes....Australian Shepards.  For the life of me I could not think of the name yesterday when I was writing.  I think I need one to HERD some of the other wild dogs I have around here........they do not like to stay in their yard.  Good thing we live in a rural area, but I'd still prefer that they stay a bit closer in........so fond of touring in the ravines on either side of our house.....and who knows what is in there.

Cam....glad you went back to sleep....nighttime really is for sleeping.

Hope you all have a scrumptious day.

Lilli

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited August 2013

Almost ready to take a slow trip to the hospital for some hydration. This is miserable.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited August 2013

Veggy - sweet hugs from here. Sorry the big N has you in its grip. Hope hydration helps. Love you.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited August 2013

Loved your goat/sheep pictures. Neither of these 2 pics are mine but you can see how big they're not. Can be most any color.

I need a spanking. Playing hookey from SS/Church. We went out for Mexican food with our group and I think I have a minor hangover. Had a giant luscious mango margarita and woke up with a headache. More coffee needed. Brought home doggy bag with leftovers.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2013

Good morning!

I almost had coffee this morning! ( Cammi, sorry for the feathers.)  Except my stomach decided against it so I went with tea and compazine.  So now I'm getting my computer speakers set up and am considering mopping my kitchen floor.  WTH is wrong with me?!  If I mop the floor, I'll be out of energy for the rest of the day.

Anyway, I just loved this chicken's top feathers.  You could just pick her up and dust!

Whew!  I talked myself out of housework.  I guess I was feeling the need to clean up because of chemo tomorrow.  I am dreading it.  BUT it's the last one, hallelujah!!

It's overcast and cool again today.  Is fall here already?  I'm not sure I'm ready!

little veggy - I hope things are better SOON! 

I haven't had a pet in 5 years and the last one was a beta fish.  I might be ready for a dog soon though.  Does anyone have a scottish deerhound?  I've heard that some are big and lazy and that sounds good to me!  I do know that they are beautiful.

In the past we have had a spider monkey, a skunk, a cat, a macaw, 2 Afghan hounds, then a different Afghan hound (lordy she was a mess), a turtle (named Sharkey), more cats, a chinchilla and then the fish.  That does not count the raccoons and opossums that used to visit our back door.  The only two of those that I chose were the macaw and the fish.  I think I'm ready for a dog.

Hmmmm, this was a very rambling post.  Thank you for your patience.  I'm sure I'll be back later today when something ticks me off.Laughing

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited August 2013

Phlly, go to petfinder.com and search for the dog of your dreams. My favorite breed is rescued.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited August 2013

Phil. As much as I loved my Aussie and always thought I'd get another, I got a Maltese instead. Why? 4 years ago when he went to the Bridge, I realized I was not in good shape and couldn't handle a big dog. Deerhounds are even bigger. Spookie is big for her breed at 7 pounds. But I can pick her up to keep her safe. And she doesn't hog the whole bed!

I did find her on PetFinder. Give it careful thought before deciding.

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited August 2013

Thanks eveyone for your good wishes.  I'll be hanging out here for a while.  How could I leave all of you wonderful folks??

Flowers

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Flowers, you CAN'T!  Ha!  We're always here.... just stop in once in awhile to say "Hi!"

Ramblin'rosephylli!  We have a sweet little Sheltie....  She is just the sweetest dog ever.... she has never met a "thing" she didn't like.  But they are very "high maintenance".... meaning I have to brush her at least every other day.  They have fur, and an undercoat, and the undercoat is shed every Spring, and all Summer long, until Winter, then we start all over!  Wink  And Hot-spots are such a problem!  I've eliminated chicken and turkey from her diet  so hopefully she had an allergy to that, causing her all the skin problems.  

So these dogs would be miserable in the South, or like Florida.  But "my girl" is 10, and the love of my life.....  I ALSO had a few Betta's!  I even bred a pair...  I raised Angel fish from eggs, and sold them.... Such a job though!   I watched a Sea Horse I had have his babies....  But those didn't last very long....  Can't say I didn't try though.

Cammi!  Did you SEE that chicken Phylli posted?  I didn't DO it!  She did it on her own....  AND she had tea and champagne.... she SAID so....

Anyway Phylli..... glad tomorrow is your last one.... Now if we could just get Veggy feeling better..... Love you guys...xoxoxoxo

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Chevy I wil not blame u this time, unless u told her to just to get my goat. hahaha

Luve I luv those little guys, they are so cute I never thought of goats as being cute but they are.

We rescued a bordercollie/Lab a beautifull smart dog and he's very gentle and learns immediately. Very smart--He is much more the kids dog so he's always with them but my Katie-Kat really likes to be alone with me so it's allright. Katie can finally share a room with him comfortable and they even kiss sometimes and lay by each other now--he was willing right away it was my Katie that would slap him around--she's the bully, but they are fine now. But u have to find out about a breed cuz some need a lot of yard to run or they get anxious and some don't at all. So if u know it helps both of u. If I were to get a dog I would prefer a smaller lap type dog, but that's just me.

veggy I fel so bad for u going thru all of this I hope it ends soon.

Flowers u can visit anytime and u should cuz u can give a good feeling to newbies.

Phylolastone---Oh you're almost done what a great feeling.  U were the cook when u were doing time not the clean up crew. Just cook and rest up.

We had a great brunch today and a great time--u'd think my sister and I are twins, not because we look alike at all but we're never separated always sit by each other and get our food together and don't leave each others side--she never ever complains and we always laugh so hard together----She's been Stage IV for 6 yrs and she still works FT--I can't and she's 74-and she worries about me and didn't want me to walk alot so she went to each big table and yelled what was on it. We both decided not to get things that are made at home so she had stuffed clams, oysters, shrimp--not me-I went another way but we stuck by each other the whole time. We didn't even go to about 5 tables way to much food. I'm so tired niw, but had a fun time. 

• redroks2
    redroks2 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2013

Ooh! Ooh! How about, "Things happen for a reason" -- I swear nothing will infuriate me faster than "Things happen for a reason". It's not that I don't believe it, it's that people use it as a fall back comment and in so many cases it is thoroughly inaapropriate. Leaving the emergency room once after a very painful miscarriage, my sister in law looked and me and said the dreaded sentance. My emotional state was not exactly stellar and my response was an assault of words. I think a shirt could have Focktober on the front and STFU on the back! :) My husband and I always joke about some of the media/advertising handling of Breast Cancer and in comparison, start throwing out ideas for Testicle Awareness Month. You have to laugh, as often as you can and about anything you can...it really does do a body good.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

I redrocks--that's why we're here to brighten days with compassion and caring and being silly so join in the witty repartee' (shut up Chevy) and say what u want we do. LOL

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

ok im back and as usual I have a ton to catch up on. Thanks for all my birthday wishes. My trip was fun and not too scary. The bus ride took forever. We were on the bus longer than the train.

i have to go unpack, but Im glad to be home. We covered 1100 miles since Friday. Be back later.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2013

Marychoochoo, Glad to hear your trip was grand.  Look forward to hearing the details.

Veggymightysick, are you feeling better?  

flowers, glad to hear you will be sticking around.

Can't believe the weekend is at an end...Here comes Monday.Tongue Out

Edited:  Welcome, redroks.  

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Maryover1000miles (of what) Glad u'r safe after thar bus ride--and had a great time--can u post any pic. well u rest and when u'r ready tell us about it.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

Back home....house shit again this weekend...never ends.......nice time however with my daughter and her family.....vacation homes are great as long as nothing goes wrong, almost glad it's over...just a couple more weekends....

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2013

Ducky, sorry to here about the house problems.  Know the pool had been giving you issues.

Shells,  Do you have another interview this week?

Phyllinohousework, Glad you talked yourself out of doing the housework.  I do that all the time.  I think housework is hazardous to one's health.  

Cami, Happy to hear you had a good day eating out.

Somebody has their last chemo this week-can't remember who, but I'll follow the crumbs and laughter to the right pocket.

Blondie, how are you?

Chevy, Thank you for that wonderful story.
  • marywh
    edited August 2013

Chemo for me Tues. Then scans on the 3rd. I took another extra few days off again, I figure have fun while I can, I really dont think the Ixempra is working anyway.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Ducky more house problems again. Chit---but u did have a nice weekend with u'r family and true it'll be over soon--kids are going back to schoo now too.

Marychemoagain--how long do u do this and how often? I get everyone all confused. But I think Phlygun has one more this week and done maybe.????

• marywh
    edited August 2013

I will be on Ixempra forever or until it quits working. Then Ill go onto something else.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

I'm glad you took some time off Sweetmary. Will be thinking of you Tuesday. So many of you sweethoolies are on chemo, I'm going to start putting your dates on my calender. Your name followed by hearts.

Vegette, were you able to keep some oral fluids down or did you need to go for IV hydration?

Blondiee, thank you so much for checking in.

Phyllie and Chickee are you okay? 

Love to you, Duckster.

My son goes back to Oregon, tomorrow. He's such a joy. Have thought about the job over the weekend. It would be nice if I got an offer and I could go check it out. If not, I'll be okay.

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Morning gals....  You too, Redroks2!  I can remember your name, because we have an ampitheater here, close to Morrison Co. and it is framed with "red rock mountains"!  So they must have named it after you, sort of? Wink

And no, these things don't happen for a "reason"....  Yikes!  But now we have a "reason" to go after Your SIL and smack her over the head with a broom!  We're always looking for a reason to do SOMEthing.

Man, I don't feel good this morning....  I think I have a "bug".....  a bug in my lower tummy!  I must go whine, and take some Pepto.  Or take some Pepto and wine....  WHATever!

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013