STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited August 2013

Sammi is beautiful.

Hope you solve the lice problem I shouldn't think they would enjoy chemohair/blood. They are so hard to get rid of. DD had same problem with her children and found combing after conditioning hair was the only way. It has become a real problem in this part of the world as well.

Hope the rest of you larrikins are behaving.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

ok Alyson is a larrikin a good or bad thing? Never heard of that one before. Blondie good luck with the lice. We never had them till we moved out to the country. They are indeed hard to get rid of. I know when I do chemo the masquitos dont touch me, maybe its the same with lice. I hope so for your sake anyway. Tomorrow is chemo day for me...Yuck.. its harder to go back after you've taken a couple extra days off.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited August 2013

DD was telling me she had some kind of rash, she was all itchey in her hair. There are 2 nurses at her house, they checked, DD had head lice. I thought the kids brought it home from school. She said no, she had been trying on hats at Disney world! They washed Everything.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited August 2013

Blondie your kitten looks a lot like our cat.

• spookiesmom
    edited August 2013

Snoring. Many many years ago went camping with a lot if DHs family, his parents too. Next to a cow pasture. Trying to go to sleep, I said to DH listen to that cow! It must be sick!!! He growled back at me it wasn't a cow, it was his MOM!

Yea Phyllis. Woooo hoooo!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Oh Blondie the kitty loves u already. How sweet---and I still don't get mosquito bites and it's been a while and when we sit out everyone is sprayed and those little fly things are around their ankles and they don't come by me YET. It's probably the Aromasin or one of 14 other meds or all of them who knows anymore.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

Thank God, Veggy, you needed it. I bet you do better now.

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited August 2013

Blondie lov Sammi so cute!!! Lov her gray and white coloring.

Hope all of you holligans sleep well. Sending gentle hugs and healing prayers xoxox

Sweet Pea

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited August 2013

Mary a larrikin and a hooligan are first cousins traditionally meant 'mischievous or frolicsome'. Refering to us lot mischievous yes but frolicsome well I am not so sure - in our minds maybe. Hooligans are a bit rougher than a larrikin.

Just about to put the sewing machine away and then I will think about starting to pack. Dh says don't worry pack on Sunday afternoon. I will repack then. I have made something for Veggy, Granny will love it hehe!

Do wish I had more time and could see more of you all. Next time because with DD in Canada I will be coming as often as I can.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2013

blondie, love love love the photo of you two cuties!  Also so happy that you don't have to move.

Spookie - love the cow snoring story.  ROFL!

Veggy, glad they gave you fluids and stuff.

Mary, good luck with Ix tomorrow.  I will be in your popket whether you need me or not, 'coz she can be evil, wicked mean and nasty.  Today I took a lorazepam before the infusion and slept through most of it. ( Probably because of the combo with fentanyl)

Hi chevy, cammi (hell yeah, my nose is brown! i want them on my side!), SQUISHY, juliaana, goatley, lilly, sweet pea, rockingred, shellyfish, Alyson, zydecogumbyYaYa, wren, duckling, chicklet and sassypants!

• phgraham
    edited August 2013

Lyrics for GG:  (accordian in the background)  Zydeco means beans in France,  Zydeco is a Louisiana dance, Zydeco Gumby Ya Ya!

There are more that I might remember someday.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2013

Sas, How's the bathroom coming?  Toilet still on the porch?

Veggy and Blondie, Hope you are feeling better.

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited August 2013

Nurse Sammi is getting good training!

I go back for my 6-wk post hysterectomy check.  I think I'm doing ok.  I still don't have any energy but over all I feel fairly good.  I hadn't been sleeping very well the past few days and I think it's worry about the usual bug-a-boo, $....  Since I had to quit work last year, we've been depleating the coffers fairly fast.  Medical bills don't help either!

Here's wishing a good week for everyone - I love my BC family bunches.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

Ditto Philly.....always by your side.......

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013
    Morning Chickers.... hope you are feeling a little better this morning.... There IS a light at the end of the tunnel, and hopefully it isn't the train!

So miss Cammiinmyface!  Yes, just a stove in the kitchen, but stands to put the two dish-pans on for washing and rinsing dishes...   And a table and chairs...   We must have done this maybe 25 times, with family and/or friends, and each time it was just the funnest of times!

None of us had much money, so couldn't afford nice hotels.... but we just didn't mind!   Besides, like you said we were sooooo young, and everything was an "adventure"....  And NO, I would not do it now.....Ha!

Hi Gardens!   Hope you are doing good!

Phyllilastone!  You are in that tunnel with Chickers?    Love you guys!

Little goats.... LOVE that song!   Can't sit still when that comes on!

Blondiandsammi!  You both are beautiful!  Kittens are the best...   Hope you are feeling better...

No, don't get rid of your dogs.... get rid of the kids....    JUST kidding!

Alyson and Spookie, are calling us names... or something.   And they have bugs.  And Cami doesn't.

Phylli!  Yes, We used to listen to Zydeco.... "corn-fish pie" or WTH?   My Brother plays drums with Blue-grass, country-western, and ALL of those groups tell fun stories!

Is Sass still looking for her toilet Juliaanna? 

Morning Mostlymom!   Glad you are coming-along.... so they say....

We love you too, little one!

And Ducky!  You're UP!  Mornnin' to you!  Getting relaxed after your relaxing trip?   Just traveling makes me tired!

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2013

Morning Hoolies.....today I feel better...YAY...been up since 5am or since Cooper decided needed to play with my head that early.....

Love new Sammi Miss Bombshell

Met with SS attorney yesterday..he will file a Motion for Reconsideration on my behalf to try and change the denial.

That's it for now while I regain my strength to keep up with all of you!

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

Yea up, and plumber is here already......does the shit ever end........never using my jacuzzi tub made the cylinder leak........go figure....2 friggin years old......LE rule.....don't use a jacuzzi, cause you make the water too hot.........well....WTF...would you sit in luke-warm water in a hot tub........did not have cancer when we built the house 2 1/2 years ago......would have put in a gorgeous claw foot tub....and forget the jacuzzi........but they are great,,who knew cancer and LE were headed my way..............

• phgraham
    edited August 2013

Good morning hooligirlies, and Charles.  I will try to get a few things done around here before I crash tonight. 

So far I have 8 prints for the photography show.  I think I can get about 4 more printed before I leave for Houston in mid-September.  I hope that will be enough for the gallery.  I think the show is in November and I will be out of town from September until early November so I'd better bet my chemo ass in gear!

So exercise and errands this morning and photography stuff this afternoon.   Or just napping all day, hahahahahahah!

phyllostina

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2013

I'm working on three separate sets of firewalls for installation.  All of are supposed to be installed before I retire.  Last night I dreamt that i gave my notice and everybody got PO'd at me, so I told them I'd come back and finish up the projects but only work 5 hours a day.  Weird dream.

• spookiesmom
    edited August 2013

I think it's craw fish pie. As in craw dads. They eat swimmy bug things. Look like baby lobsters. No I don't eat them.

Yes, I have palmetto bugs. Anybody want some? Free, free shipping!!!!

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited August 2013

Went to see the oncologist's assistant. Ended up getting fluids. Blood reassure was

98/ 60. Now I want to take a nap.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

LOL I was caught up in reading then didn't post for X hours and there's 3 more pages. SO much happening. thinking of you all, if I forget someone sorry. Reading last page I finally thought to take notes.

Julianna--toilet is STILL on the porch, BUT I am making headway. I think I finally have made choices on wall tile. Looked at soooo much. Found lots that I love, but trying to keep the dollars reasonable. Samples, on the truck. Hoping I don't change my mind again. Visualizing the end product though is gelling after months. AARP HARTFORD HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE SUCKS.           Hope the PS can correct the frosting problem :)

Mostlymom--you didn't say neutered .....Yay, hope your energy finds you again :)

Blondie, what a relief, you can stay put---All the acivity of moving, ranks right up there  with the plague. Sorry about the lice. Spookie can tell you that anywhere in florida, when we feel like somethings on our skin we react quick. The other night, in bed, lights off, tickle on my eyebrow, rapid sweep of brow and just as rapid swipe on bedsheet. Felt a gush. Knew it was something, but oh so didn't want to turn on the light. IT WAS A SPIDER-UGH.

Veggy Hugs and all the thoughts that go with it sweetie.

A thought for everyone and Veggy. Way back when, I talked about YouScript owned by Genelex RE: DNA testing for how the liver metabolizes drugs. I found them in Jan 2010. They are the ONLY ones in the world doing the combination of DNA testing AND the application of the results to actual drugs.  Other companies do the same DNA testing, but not the analysis to the drug component.  Veggy Ixempra didn't do well with you, but the unknown is why? 1-800-TEST-DNA.

The good news is after ALL this time I spent talking about having the test done,  I FINALLY had it done. It's a simple swab in the cheek for 30 seconds with two swabs. Can be done by blood sample too. I still can check peoples drugs and not have my info involved.  For those that weren't here for the discussion. It's not that I'm telling anyone what or what not to take. It allows someone to say to their docs "Hey we have a drug interaction going on here, or my DNA says this drug won't work on me as it does in others. Whatever your system is it hasn't identified it".

I "failed" my adjuvant chemo. It was b/c of a drug interaction. No drug checker picked it up but Genelex's. That's why I talk about it so much. Rationale: If a drug isn't working, let it be for a known reason. Not because a doc is doing protocol drug use, at universal dose when perhaps I need a smaller or larger dose, or there's a drug interaction. I'll never know if those 4 chemo treatments will have changed my life. I do know that one chemo almost killed me.

So much for the breezy lite post I meant to write.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2013

breezy and lite is fine for sometimes.  This was juicy information.  MUCH better!!!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

Chevy, in Girl Scouts we called that kind of camping "primitive camping".  They dug there own latrines. Buried their food in trash cans to use the earth as a fridge, lots of other survival stuff......Anyways LOL....not for me.....have to have at least a clean toilet. I used to bribe someone at girl scout camp to take my rotation on latrine cleaning. Got caught one time. Punishment was I had to clean them by myself.

Cami glad you don't let anyone give you grief, you are so funny in defending yourself. But it's also fun for certain ones to see what they come up with ---keeps me laughing gals thanks :)

Phillysotired call me when your up, or I will try soon :)

Shells hear anything yet????????

StaceyPmcoveredeverything, Maryrecoverfromthetrip/gladyoudidn'tfalloffthemountain , Duckyhopeplumbings fixed, Aprilwhereareyou?, Alysonhaveagreattriplarrkin, SorryforanyoneImissed:)

Not to make anyone sad, please remember Dh today in your prayers. It's his third anniversary since his passing. I'm okay, awoke last night at the time and was able to say some prayers. L&H&P's sassy

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,328
    edited August 2013

Just stopping in to say I.....yikes, another page....I'm so slow.  Hope you are all doing well if getting txs and tests and sorry Veggie, but glad to hear you may be going up again. 

Lilli

ETA....lots of prayers.  I talk to the universe every night and offer prayers, and ask for any kindness they might be able to intercede for on our behalf.....most especially for all who are struggling.

Lilli

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

Plumbing fixed to the tune of $136.00.......1 cartridge $3.46 (looked it up online), and he was here for 20 minutes.......

• lilsiskathy
    lilsiskathy Member Posts: 21
    edited August 2013

How about this one?, My boss asked if I could get chemo on a saturday, and my onc's nurse said to me, "you have breast cancer, it's not like it's going to go anywhere else", I not only wanted to tell her to STFU!!, I wanted to beat the s**t out of her!!  I now have liver mets, and was just told today that I have a lot more tumors, so that nurse can go f... herself!!!

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Oh liliskathy!  WHAT a MORON!!!!  Was she actually serious?   No, you definately SHOULD have told her to STFU!   If you like, we can ALL go get her and beat the living s**t our of her!    We will even beat up your boss, if you like!

Stay with us!  We talk about everything....!Sorry about your liver mets....  Veggy just told us she also has liver lesions....(I think it was).....  There are quite a few stage 1V on here....  But that don't stop us ruffians from teasing them!    But they give it right back...Wink

WE will take care of you!   Is THAT your real name?  Or something close?  See, I'm already teasing you!

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

You guys, watch this!  Remarkable!

http://agencypages.net/AgencyPages/11-52/

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

Hi everyone..Am very bummed out today. Did chemo but found out that my tumor markers are on the rise and liver enzymes are way up. Very good possability that Ixempra is not working. Which means that Im on to something else. Scans may be sooner than I thought. Its getting a little scary as Im running out of chemos to try...Need you guys in my pocket for a few days.