STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Chevy WTF are u blabbin' about---ditches now OH u don't let things go--and don't u dare put a picture up u silly.It's Friday eve and I was supposed to stay at my other DD's house this weekend but we changed it for the holiday weekend cuz they'll be a bunch of my cousins there and their friends so it'll be better for Joey and me--let her rest this week-end  so she can really wait on me next weekend- no seriously. I'm so spoiled it sickening. I admit it. Anyway we did get rain last night--but it's supposed to be hot for a while now.

Phylopictureshow--I sent u my signed release so my beautiful pics can be used in u'r show sorry Chevy my beauty will be noticed by all.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Coffee anyone?

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2013

Juliana - its actually our thunderstorm clouds - This morning we are having more thunderstorms - This is bad with the area is so dry and full of grass and trees - Probably means more fires today.. They said flooding too in areas so Pray that our mountain stays free of fires and mud slides.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

GMA---those are storm clouds? wow doesn't look like it--they're so bright and puffy looking.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2013

They are actually - After the storm clouds first thing in the morning - so the sun was just hitting them correctly to get that effect.. I love working in the sun room because I have my camera ready for those certain moments that are just perfectly beautiful.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

Good morning all. Im up for about 10 minutes and then to bed again. The Ixempra truck ran me down during the night. We also had bad storms here last night. Lost our power for 4 hours right at dinner time. Iwas so mad. ended up eating cookies for dinner. Oh well I knew I bought those cookies for some reason, cause I never buy them. You all have a good morning. Will be back when my pain pills kick in...

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

Hugs Mary..........

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2013

I. FEEL. LIKE. SHIT! Good morning beautiful ladies (and Charles). I am at work and I am thinking I might have to leave to go home and sleep. The Aromasin is kicking my ass something fierce and I know I will not last until 9/17 when I see my MO. I promised her I would give it 90 days cause she said my body had to adjust and then she would switch me to some other evil drug. Have not read the thread to catch up so hoping you are all well.

I did see that Cammi is afraid of birds and Phyl has nasty mouth taste. Oh well, other than that, whatever I read did not stick (another thing about this drug is my mind feels like it has a big eraser on it! I forget everything lately which is bad for my job big time)

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and bitch and moan where people understand. Love to you all! xoxo

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2013

April - I haven't tried Aromasin, but letrozole (Femara) beats me up fiercely.  My MO keeps saying that she'll change me to something different and I refuse.  I say better the devil I know than starting all over with a bunch of new SE's.  3 more years....

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited August 2013

Mary sorry about the bad mouth taste just awful. I always had a metallic taste in my mouth. Yuck!!

Any yeast in the mouth??

Lilsiskathy welcome another HER2 buddy... BC sucks I wish I could forget walking in to the cancer center.

Alyson if you come to Denver please give me a call. I will pm you and Chevy with my info. Maybe we could all meet meet for coffee?

Juilianna the trip was just beautiful the Grand Canyon at sun set was just breathtaking. We stayed in Sedona and drove one day to the south rim of the canyon. Trying to post pics

April sorry you are feeling bad :( hope the Dr has some ideas... Anyway to work from home on really bad days??

ChickaD hope you are feeling better today. Puppy class sounds like fun :) I just love dogs I drive my family nuts. I always stop people on the street to greet their dogs. Please send pics...

So went and saw my BS about my seroma starting fill again and my slight right arm swelling. Wants to wait on tapping the seroma again because of risk for infection. She thinks the swelling is from my mx (still trying to heal) and radiation is not helping. My BS is wonderful said she wants me back in 10 days to follow up.

Sending hugs and prayers xoxo

Sweet Pea

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

Yes Sweet Pea!  We can all meet and have coffee or something!  My Daughter used to live in Centennial.... Off of Arapahoe Road and somewhere.Wink  We could meet in Cherry Creek, like at Starbucks, or somewhere?

I'll send you my email also!...

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

April.......Femara beat my ass........went to Letrozole after my co-pay got ridiculous.......still feel like shit, but at least it costs me less to have the SE's.......

I think they are all devil pills, and it is whether your the lucky one who is dealt the SE's card..........my daughter's mother-in-law is on Arimidex, and has no problem, and is my age...........but then again..........I think she is just very fortunate.......her history....

Dx in 1988....52....after never having a mammogram....first one.....decent size tumor....Mx left breast.....node involvement.......Chemo, Rads,...........no SE's..never lost a hair....minimal vomiting every hour for about 12 hours after her Chemo.........Tamoxifen for 10 years...........recurrence small tumor opposite breast after 13 years.....another Mx....no problems and no further treatment other then went on Arimidex, and that was 12 years ago........a little sore feet getting out of bed.....that is it.........anyone here that lucky......think not.......

Says I have to stop reading the package inserts.........her theory is you read it, and you cause yourself to get the SE's..........asshole.......this f/n pain is real.........

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2013

Chevy when will you guys meet?  I'm about 5 hours away and feeling lonely for civilization, sorta.  I might still be feeling like cancerchemoshit tho.  Anyway, I'm jealous, missy!

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2013

Ducky, I spit my water out when I read your last line. If reading f'ing package inserts caused pain, then I would have every SE known to man from all meds cause I ALWAYS read them and go into things thinking I will NOT be one of the "few" but with these pills, a full 60% (YES SIXTY) have joint pain. Soooo, she is full of it.

I just know that the drug is evil but I am >95% ER+ so I don't have a lot of options other than to take my chances...not willing to do that just yet. BUT, I am really suffering big time.

Hoping all of you have a relatively pain-free day. TTFN!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited August 2013

Thanks for your advice, Just cancelled the appt with the lung dr. am not going back to him to ask him anything..the good thing is where I go there 4 potential hospitals all with dr. affiliated with them. My records are on the puter so any dr. I get in the Crozer Keystone Health Systems has access to my records and wherein the results lie....I have had 4 tests done and the idiot co-hort in his office who was rude also, suggested that when he got back from vacation that he should ask for a complete pulmonary evaluation....he came back and called me I was sleeping, called him back, the 2nd time I was in a important meeting and he was annoyed that I didn't answer, called him back 3 additional times and haven't heard from him at alll...my onco is out until monday left a message for him to call me and ducky gave me her pulmonary person....

again thanks...

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited August 2013

thanks Wren!!

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

Riiighhht - package inserts cause pain.  Well, mark her down as stupid as s#!t  If someone believes that, I've got this nice little bridge for sale... 

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Ducky after I'm on something for a while I can write my own SE's for the Co, I don't read the insert, but I might later on and find out that--I have to live with it and I'm not changing Cuz damage has been already been extreme so why go and try something might be worse. All it is is a PITA---?????

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited August 2013

Phgraham please come meet us it would be fun!! Austin will give you hugs and make you feel better. He kept me going through all of this crap. He is such a blessing.

Ducky and April those hormonal targeted therapy sound awful!! I will have to read about them. SE are for real, sorry she said that to you. For me I just know too much so I choose not to read about them some times. If the benefit out weighs the risk I just do what I have to do and try not to look back. However if SE are too much the MD needs to help improve quality of life or help with side effects. Not a fun game to manage. I pray for all of you amazing tough ladies!!!

Hugs

Sweet Pea

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited August 2013

Hello All

I am taking Letrozole since my BSO surgery last month and each and everyday I have joint pain mostly everywhere in my body.  I tried an experiment to see if I only took the medicine every other day, would the SEs be any better.  Well they are MUCH better but of course I will have to talk this over with my MO before continuing on this path.  I do not want to have to take pain meds. everyday of my life JUST so I can tolerate this evil Letrozole.   Any thoughts?

Flowers

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

Worked in Big Pharm for 20 years......2 daughters still do.......inserts are there for a reason.......plus I was in Research so I know what meds can and can't do.....so you do what you have to do..........also we have some SE's that are not even on the insert....right......who knows better then us........hugs all

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,328
    edited August 2013

Almost always about three pages behind so I'm just stopping in to say and hoping that all is well with each of you and if not.....that it soon gets that way.

Lilli

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

Cami, glad your fine was worried.

Read three pages , forgot three pages. Oh well. L&H's to everyone :)

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited August 2013

Morning all

Hope the mouth is better Phillydilly.

I am really hoping that I feel better before we leave on Sunday. Have rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia which I am sure were worsened by Letrozole. I am off that now but still on the trial so checked regularly. Anyway the RA has been extreme lately and some days I find things hard going, problem is I look fine and people don't know I feel like crap. Sorry to moan. And to make me feel great I have truncial and arm LE.

Anyway must start moving as I am getting my hair done this morning- have to keep up with you girls and look good.

Big hugs

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

cm - there is a letrozole/femara thread.  One woman who posts there takes 1/2 of a pill a day.  I cannot recall if she does it with the blessing of her doctor or not.  And I absolutely cannot understand how she can chop that itsy bitsy little pill in half!!!

I had proposed to my MO that I take an occasional "vacation" from letrozole - like one month a year.  She was adamantly opposed based on studies done on men who have prostate cancer and recurrence rates for those who take vacations.

She did, however, imply that the dosage for letrozole may be higher than necessary.  She said that once they reach a dose that works and does not cause any "severe" damage, they stop and make that the recommended dose.  They don't continue researching to see if a smaller dose would work just as well and cause even less damage.  I'm still on the full dose.  If my aches and pains continue to worsen, though, I might ask her at the next visit if I could go to every other day.  I won't try to do it without her blessing, though, as I think my husband would just sit on me and force feed it.  Laughing

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited August 2013

Alyson, sorry yiu're feeling like crap.....hope it clears before Sunday. I don't know if you are interested or will have the time but one of the gals on my Canadian thread and 2013 Survivor thread lives in Oakville .....she's great!!! She is a woman close to our age and lives with her husband, both are retired now and children out of the home. Just a thought...😎

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

Alyson - is your flight one long LOOONNNNGGGG flight from NZ to Vancouver, or is there a stop somewhere - oh, like Hawaii?  Will you be wearing compression on the flight?  What do they do for truncal LE?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

Hi gals....!  Good to see everyone.  Alyson, I wear compression stockings all the time, except in bed.  They really help my swelling, and veins.... I think if I were flying, I would REALLY make sure I had them on.... especially for long flights.

Ducky, I had to research everywhere for the "possible" SE's of Tamoxifen..... Looking for deafness or hearing loss.  It isn't listed anywhere on any insert...  But I could find different links on the Internet about that very thing.    I just stopped taking it.  The FDA also wrote back, after I sent them all the links, and info.... but as far as I know, hearing loss is still not listed.....  And you are right, WE know SE's are all different for each of us....

I don't know if even KNOWing about hearing loss, as a possible SE would have stopped me.  And by the time it happened, it was too late.  Same as having a stroke or cataractso or  anything else.... We just take our chances, hoping for the best. 

Thinking of you Blondie.... Hi Scottieeeeeeeeee!

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited August 2013

Ducky, I laughed out loud, too about the package inserts.

April, I have CRS disease (Can't Remember S**T) so I may have told you this already. I have been on Aromasin for 4 months and when I went to my MO last week I asked him if I had shown him my new t-shirt. It reads "I Hate This Blankety-Blank Aromasin". He could fill in the blanks with his favorite cuss words. Well, that got his attention and after we talked about my pain and loss of flexibility (including being unstable on stairs), he took me off it and I will try Arimidex after Labor Day. I have been off Aromasin since 8/13 and still have joint pain and stiffness. I can walk 3 miles with no trouble but cannot get up out of a chair without pain and groaning.

If 60% of us have joint pain, I want to know who the 40% is so I can whomp up on them Tongue Out

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Flowers I'm sorry that all these SE's are creeping up on u--I think all of us have similiar SE's even tho we might be taking different meds. It's awful. There are some people who just sail right thru, but it sure doesn't look like it according to what I read on here. I don't know where they do the studies, but like 98% on these threads feel not good. So talk to u'r Onc. but they usually put u on the one they think is the very best for u'r circumstance, and they don't like u to change anything--I did take a month off of Aromasin myself and Dr. wasn't happy, but my damage has been done so I went back on it. blah And how can u cut these pills in half, I need my glasses on to see them and drop them all the time they are so tiny--how could they do so much damage.???

Oh Alyson I hope u'r better and Chevy knows wear all crap when flying (especially) and get up and walk a little if u can--it's a long flight.