STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited August 2013

Just quick note. Fight is 14 hours not stops and its over 12 hours to Hawaii anyway. I have all my compression things and doc has give me a collar sling so I can keep my hand up especially while I sleep. Will look great. Arm up and a walking stick LOL.

I am running roung like a headless chook. Sat down to write list and check emails etc. I suffer badly from CRS hehe.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2013

Scottie, Nice to see you again.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited August 2013

I guess I'm in the 40% no joint pain. Please don't whump me?

BUT

The hot flashes and insomnia have been killer!!

I hate it, but am taking Effexor for those SE. Seems to be helping

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Oh Spookie we won't whump on u just grit our teeth at u. BUT u do have SE's they are al a PITA

I didn't need to take any pain meds today, just achy not bad pain but I'm so tired and if I fall asleep now at 1ayem I will be awake and most are sleeping cuz I check here. Tomorrow night the school is having a back to school Picnic and My DD and GS will be in some booth for tattoos, I'm sure it won't be a late night there but the kids like it.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited August 2013

I would never whomp on you spookie :). I don't have the vicious hot flashes like you.

• spookiesmom
    edited August 2013

Truly, sometimes I never know. Is it a hot flash? It's a million degrees hot with insane humidity. And then one night I woke up with a blood sugar of 45. Yippee. That nite all the above applied.

My inner child is playing with a blow torch.

• savgigi
    edited August 2013

I figured out the hot flashes hit about an hour and a half after taking the Aromasin. As long as I was not hot from my shower, hair dryer and hot rollers, they weren't bad. But a few times the hot flashes coincided with all that internal and external heat and I thought I would pass out. I live in Savannah, not too far north of you I think, so I know all about the insane humidity.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

It all sucks.......

• savgigi
    edited August 2013

yes, indeed, ducky - it sucks for sure

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

Dagnabit Duckster - you are one smart cooooookie.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Good Morning Hoolies--I hope Friday finds all of u having strength and tummies in better shape and maybe not so tired. In other words I hope everyone's week-end start well and stays that way.

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited August 2013

Morning holligans any one up?? I am waiting for radiation. Frustrated I got here 1/2 hour early and I am still sitting in the waiting area. Going to be late again to work.

Lov and hugs xoxo

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Stacey they are usually pretty much on time. so now u't stuck pacing

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

Stacey had 38 treatments......never waited more then 5 minutes any day......thank heavens my kids insisted on driving me even though I was perfectly capable of driving myself.......always concerned they would have to wait.....they never did....the whole treatment from valet parking to leaving took about 25 minutes.....very efficient...

• april485
    april485 Member Posts: 1,983
    edited August 2013

Ladies, My boss told me I can leave at 1:00 today cause SHE said I look like shit...now you know it is bad..lol. She called me in to her office and asked me when my last client appt was and I told her 12:00 and she said " I want you to go home after that and get some rest and I will see you on Monday" Holy cow, aliens have taken over cause she has been incredible since my diagnosis and before that..well, not so much...lol!

So, I am heading out of here to rest. I have plans tonight to go out to dinner with friends but I am canceling cause I feel that lousy and I don't want to bring the group down. They will all be in a great mood and laughing and joking and I am so down lately that I will be sitting there like a bump on a log. I used to be the "life of the party" type. Now, I just want to be home in my jammies on the couch with the remote watching HGTV...lol

Anyway, some people are blessed and don't get the joint pain from the AI's and others of us just do. I have hot flashes, but nothing I can't handle cause I had them worse during menopause (or at least more often) and remember it well so was ready for that.

Typing this hurts my hands so gonna save it for work. Have a great and pain-free weekend ladies. Me? Taking my percocet and gonna veg.

• duckyb1
    edited August 2013

April......how I pray just for 1 day to feel no aches and pains.....sometimes when very still and not moving I feel "normal" once more and think.......oh Lord did you answer my prayer,... and then I try to get off the chair, or out of bed, and sure enough....not this day......well maybe if I pray a little harder it will be tomorrow..........just 1 day Lord.......just 1 day.......

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2013

Good morning ladies.  We were in bed last night before 7 and I still don't feel like I got enough sleep!!  Oh god, I wish I was retiring today!!  But soon!  In regard to the joint pain.  I've been on letrozole (generic femara) for almost 2 years now.  I keep thinking the joint pain is going to even out, but it just keeps getting worse.  Is that what everyone else has experienced, too?

Alyson, you have a good, safe flight now, ya hear?  You should drop down to Seattle from Vancouver, so we could meet up.  Maybe next trip.  One of these days hubby and I hope to visit NZ, but who knows when.  With me retiring this year we are going to be broke, broke, broke for at least the near term.  It seems we either have time or money, but never both!!  With me working, it's been money - now it'll be time.  I'm looking forward to the time as I'm truly truly sick of working.

• spookiesmom
    edited August 2013

Garden, boy, I hear you on retirement. I was counting the years and days till I could. This coming Nov was when I was going to go.

Then my stupidvisor pi$$ed me off so much I told them to "Take this job and shove it" walked out after 23+ years. Not exactly the brightest way to do it. Have lots of time, little money.

I don't regret it for one nano second. I feel so much better not working. If there's anyway you can get out now, do it!

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

November 1 is the day.  We meet with the retirement office the 18th of next month.  :)  Then I'll tell the world.  Until then, I'm being quiet like a mouse - pretty much. :)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited August 2013

Garden, we're in the time but no money group. We had a friend who worked for Kroger grocery stores. He started as stock boy and had lots of time but no money. They would promote him until he was assistant manager and had money but no time. He would quit and go back to stock boy. It's true that your expenses go down when you stop working. Driving to the job and buying lunches and coffee adds up.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

Just "mowed" the Fairy Garden...Wink

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

And my Fairy Candle, from Sass....

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Oh Ducky what u said is so true---if i don't move at all-I'm somewhat normal-the minute I move my body my back, side legs, one shoulder and one arms (an dmore) feel like I'm either being stabbed or punched constantly, so what does that mean more laziness for me. ick It's crazy and this crap about u'r body getting used to it is crap to me--my body has crumbled and can't fight the SE's anymore.

Chevy u'r garden is so lovely, u should be proud u take such care. and pretty soon it will be covered in snow, oops did I rush ur winter to u. Those little scenes are so adorable.

Spookieranfromjob wow u really left in a hurry, but I understand totally. I planned on working til I was 70 then retire and my pension would be better as would my SS but---this stupid disease changed my long range plan and screwed me good. I knew exactly what I'd make in a month and I knew I would not be rich but I could get by--I loved 3 of the women that I worked with and we still see each other and talk alot nothing has changed that, but I hated my job--not just the stress--no one in the higher jobs knew what the hell they were doing ever. Rember I worked for the state and their jobs would change every 4 yrs and hardly anyone ever worked for the state beforehand they all had different type of jobs, then all of a sudden they wer made bosses not having a clue what or how to do things and yet make decisions so it was always a mess--I'd see so many coming and going after a while I just ignored memos and worked the way I wanted to. Thank God I loved my GF's and did get along with everyone but it was a nightmare at times. But I knew I had to work. well I'm way retired do not miss my job--see and talk to my GF's all the time, but much less money and that hurts. But everything could be so much worse so I shouldn't complain, but I do enjoy complaining especially if Chevy is reading this.Wink

So all in all we pretty much have a lot in common because of all this crap pumping into us altho it killed the cancer somehow it managed to do alot of other things along the way that totally changed our lives, not the way we wanted---but what can we do so just go along with it and make the best of it. Whoa I'm getting to serious--don't like that so much.

Well we're supposed to be --HAVING A HEAT WAVE, A TROPICAL HEAT WAVE--sound familiar? It's to late now pools are closing, kids are in school coming home wet just from the bus ride home. hahaha But winter will come with a vengeance this year---but I'd rather have snow that all those thunder and lightenting storms which are much scarier. Can u tell I just took my pain meds. hahaha Maybe there is one nano of a steroid in there IDK.

OK how is everyone? I hope everyone is dealing OK with this stuff u'r going thru and can have a decent week-end. 

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

Yeah - commuting costs, eating costs and I think I pay at least one Starbucks employee full time all by myself with coffee/tea/etc on a daily basis!!!  We'll be eating rice and fish for the foreseeable future :) and I'll totally stress over money, but it's all OK.  If things really get desperate I'll get creative and hopefully sell something or other.  I just know I can't keep going the way I have been for much longer.  Everything is too painful and I'm tired all the time.  If cancer didn't do anything else for me (and it didn't) it did make me look squarely at what is important and what isn't.  Time with hubby is important.  Everything else - not.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

Chevy :) sassy

S-p-o-o-k-I-e no way to work a deal on the retirement? How long ago?

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Oh little Cammi!  WHAT do I have to do to get your mo-jo back?  I'm so sorry little honey, about your job.... I just know what you mean, when you talk about your gal-friends, and then some  of the OTHER ones.  We all have those in our life.  People to bring us down.  But if we can survive THEM, we can do ANYthing!   I have been retired since September of '99. 

I miss the way my job was when I started.... I miss the "family".... they were the best....  And I always wanted to go to work!    My gal-friends made it all so much fun!  The folks I gave tours to, made me so happy! 

But it all changed....  It all changed mostly after I was re-tired.... but I still have all the fun memories.  

Oh, by the way.... Man, I hurt like hell today... But I got out there twice to dig holes to plant my Mums... and put the mulch down, and put flag-stone pieces out front.  My left leg hurt so bad yesterday, when I pushed the clutch in when I was driving, I was sooooooo glad to get home!    So tomorrow I'll rest. 

I KNOW I'm older...  But I'm not old enough to just hang up the fun things I enjoy.... I guess I don't hurt so much then.   Ducky is the old one!  JUST kidding!   I love you Ducky.... You and your fun, crazy personality....  You are such a little scrapper!   

You guys, I'm so sorry you are hurting..... and having to go through chemo.... and all the other stuff....  Wish I could help you more.... 

(((( my hooligans))))   xoxoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

I think we all must hurt like heell this week. Ixempra truck still running me over every time I sit down or get up. Dont have anything interesting to talk about so I will just lurk....

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited August 2013

For everyone in pain, Dr. Susan Love's foundation is funding a study of the collateral damage from BC treatment. I think she's getting an earful. Of course, she had a bone marrow transplant for leukemia or lymphoma, so she already knew.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

Hi hooliegirls, will read your posts later. Just want to report that my mojo came back today and I've gotten my butt off of the couch and started working on projects, cleaning up this falling apart house and job hunting some more. Feels good. I will catch up will all of youse this weekend. April - REST. All my sisters who are dealing with side effects of treatment - my thoughts are with you with hopes for moments and hours of peace and contentment.  Michelle

💛