Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

Okay, so guess who THIS is for!  Wink xoxoxo

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2013

Did I ever tell you that I LOVE turtles since I was a kid?

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

I still love turtles. I have a collection of sea turtles from all over the world.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited August 2013

Have a great trip, Alyson!

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Morning gals!  Yes Chickers!  I have a small Turtle collection also!  My Daughter in Orlando got to watch the Loggerhead Turtles on Melbourne Beach nesting several times!  She took us with her one year, and about midnight we went out and quietly walked along the beach...(no flashlights) and finally we saw one huge turtle drag herself up from the water, to dig this huge hole with her front  (flippers?) and when she was sure it was deep enough, she laid her eggs....  It was mesmerizing!    Like we were secretly watching something beautiful. .... And we were!  Wink

Alyson, where are you now?  How is the trip going?   

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

• ChickaD
    edited August 2013

Morning Miss Chevy!

Yay for Miss Mary and Miss Chevy liking turtles!

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Thank you little Chickie!  Still dark out here...  Moon is behind a cloud, so I can't go out and find something to do yet...Wink  You and I can just sit here and have coffee together!

• ChickaD
    edited August 2013

I was just on my way to turn the coffee pot on!   Or nap  lol

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Mornin' I'm draggin self up and saying self wake up----Oh I again actually slept all night, wow

Well I see Chevy woke up quite spiffy and a little attitude about my little picture Bwuhahahaha

OK I do like turtles, I think they are amazing little and bigger creatures and since I've always been compared to one in how I move (sometimes a snail) it never bothered me, or maybe that'a why I like them.

How's everyone feeling this morning? Weather is bright and 72 already---it's going to get hotter and hotter everyday YUK

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited August 2013

I love turtles---the chocolate kind!

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Chabba, yummy--love those 2.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2013

Ok ladies I'm outta here and travelling - will try to pop in but not sure how much time I will have at the Corporate Meeting and I have to use my time wisely.  Hugs to all. Keep eachother going for me.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,328
    edited August 2013

Cammi....maybe there is always something in front of you holding you back.  Turtles are gorgeous.

Lilli

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited August 2013

Good morning all of you beautiful women, or girls, if you prefer that.  I'm up bright and early at 10 a.m.  

Mary, I'm sorry the Ixempra truck keeps hitting you, but please quit giving them my address!  They do NOT bring anything fun. I'm still feeling pukey this morning.

Gma, those are some very sparkly bugs! I hope you have a good trip.

My mom used to collect turtle stuff and a friend collects chicken stuff. There are bazillions of those things out there!  My ex collects books.  I just seem to collect papers on the dining room table.  Hopefully one day they will be cute and fashionable and not just a fire hazard.

Have a good day!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

My children and grandchildren always had pet turtles......not the little fish bowl type, but the ones you find on the side of the road on the way to the shore, and rescue from certain death......

We had a couple die after years (and you do become attached to them), and a couple got away or stolen even though we secured the yard and brought them inside at night....we actually at one time put a small hole in the shell...(checked and they have no feeling in the shell)......and put a string through it and a long line, like a leash, and tied that to our hose bib, so it could not get away, yet enjoyed the outside..........love turtles.....we even named ours......

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Phylopapercut at least u collect something, I collect clutter and don't know where one thing is. I'm sorry u guys are having so much trouble with u'r meds oohhh it's terrible---Oh BTW my ex collects wives at least 7 that I know of. So people like to collect something.

Lilli--Lilli that is so cute see u'r pictures make me smile--someone else who names not mentioned make me crazy and she loves it.

BTW Chevy I was thinking I don't know if that other thread we're on knows how we talk to each other cuz if they don't might think we're serious, well Lilli won't -and not that that will stop us after all if so part of our relationship now, I don't know how else to talk to u--infact this thread sounds like we're always picking on each other--well I guess we are and tend to pick on everyone here--we all do, LOL

• ChickaD
    edited August 2013

I love all the turtle responses!

MY turtle passion started early in life...I grew up in an apartment where dogs and cats were not allowed...so my parents let me get those baby turtles.

Miss Duck.....I too did the leash thing, but when I was really little I use to put a string around their neck and try and walk/run them...needless to say that didn't work out too well.....

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Cammi, you are sooooooooo fun!   I think they "get" it on the older women's thread too....   At least I THINK so.... Maybe I'll offer some clarification, so they won't think I/we are serious?  I could tell them I found you on the streets of Nome Alaska, and brought you .. wait.... Where do you live?  Oh, yes, Illinois.... So you have about the same weather as when you were in Nome?  Wink

Anyway, you are much happier now, living in Illinois, rather than Nome, and you lived happily ever-after, since I rescued you.  And that's why we tease each other..... isn't it?  

So your Dear X collects WHAT?  You've got to be kidding.... right?  WHAT in God's name does he look like?  Can you post his picture so we can all throw darts at it?    I'm glad you dumped his ass...... He doesn't deserve you.....  little rat bastard.  Just give me the word....  I'll send him a GOOD picture of a chicken..... One he'll never forget....little DH....  (rhymes with stick, and head)

We just got home from shopping, and DH bought these white-corn tortillas.... So I put them in a skillet with a little oil, heated both sides, then laid lots of mixed cheese on it, and a fresh, out of my garden grown tomato!   I toasted the bottom, and folded it over.   We both had one... for lunch. So simple, and yet so good!  That sounds like something from Miss Martha....Wink  "It's a good thing."

Ducky, I collected caterpillars when we were kids, Ha!   Well, they were free!  They were yellow and fuzzy, so we "raised" them, we thought!   We fed them leaves & flowers....  We had our little shed filled with jars.... (their homes)  We even put drops of water in there....  and bugs!

Phylli, you are breeding papers?  They DO accumulate, don't they?  But try and FIND one that you need, and you'll go nuts! 

Grammie and Lilli!  Happy Sunday.... and I love your picture Jackie, Ha!

Love you guys!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

Ok.....WTH happened to Nome...or is that what Cami did to it before she left.........fess up Cami.......you've been nailed.......lol

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

Sigh....just did my morning check-in and had my needed dose of hoolie entertainment.

Phylly - you are a riot, and you are in good company!  I just love you guys, you know that?

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Yes Ducky....!  It used to be a thriving modern boom town.... and look at it now!  She pillaged the town... in other words she ravaged it.   She was the town trollop.  She served beans in tin plates, to all the miners.  And they waited by her door by the numbers.... and not for beans. 

Oh man, I could go on forever, but you guys might think I'm nuts.... Wink

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

They mined for fish.... and silver.  My Dad was there.... He spoke of a "Cammile"....  Must have been one and the same.    They all lived in tents... Like a commune. 

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Well I got news for u guys--I didn't live in a tent like "the guys" I lived in a luxurious condo and had my own maid--so when the ttown went belly up--I brought my wares to Illinois, then  got old and boobless so the demand wasn't there. These Illinois men are so picky--geeze So yes I admit whatever u implied, and even tho it was cold there I made it sizzle.

Yes my 2nd ex has been married like 7 times now and he doesn't have any money??? Beats me that I'm as stupid as the other 6, I was 3--LOL Oh and he had 8 kids---Oh how stupid Iwas--what makes me not stupid now is I have no choices.That'll do it.

OK I'm going to watch my scary movies now, it's so so hot out blah

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

Oooh Im a scary movie fan myself. Havnt seen any good ones lately though. I love ghost adventures on the travel channel though. It comes on every friday and saturday night. I love all those shows. Today was a perfect day to be on my porch, not too hot, didnt even need the fan...course I spent half the day in bed. This chemo is Soooo hard to get over. Scans coming up quickly...we shall see....

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Sorry Mary.... been thinking about you too, AND the other chemo gals.... Yuck!  Just rest....  Wish I could help more... 

Yeah, we used to watch those scary movies when we could buy super 8 tapes!  We had a projector and a screen, and we would have so much fun, scaring our little girls!  They STILL remember them!   We probably damaged them for life.  

Our day WAS hot, but cooled off a little now....   But now I'm too tired to go out and enjoy it.... Besides I just got stung by a wasp on my chin!  Damn things....!  I've been watching them build this little nest thing in a bamboo wind-chime hanging  in my back Aspen!  I was intrigued by them.  NOW I'de like to spray all their little butts, but winter is coming, so they will leave anyway....  I just have to be more careful.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Oh Mary I'm so sorry u'r going thru all this, it really does kick Ass---I love to hear wheb some people say it wasn't to bad I'm really glad for them--of course I don't hear it to often but some people maybe their body reworks it differently but it usually is awful. I think they started chemo in the late 1800's (yes Chevy I do remember that) u'd think by now they would have come up with something that is not so horrible to take. Just my opinion

Oh Miss Chevybigchin---u've been watching the wasps, how did they get mad at you--oh yea I forgot bees have to be mad wasps don't u were invading their home, but geeze one didn't have to sting u. Those stings are usually worse than bees aren't they? Are u all swollen? Or can't u tell. I'm sorry  make sure u got that stinger out--stupid wasp. 

• shellshine
    edited August 2013

Mary, I thought about you on your porch today, and was going to give you a hard time about no pictures…. but hearing  how chemo knocked you on your butt, just can't harass you.

We have had a contractor  building  an unscreened porch and refurbishing our utility bathroom. Being in the middle of construction…..forgot how disruptive it is.  Thank goodness for HELOCs, though!  Feeling very lucky that we live so prudently all of our married life and can do this, but it feels scary  to not be working now that I am recovered, done with school and severance pay has ended. I am not complaining, mind you, especially when so many of our hoolies are suffering so much from treatments.

Phyllie, you sound pretty spunky even though you aren't feeling up to par, it sure hasn't hurt your wit! Chickie you sound better, too. Blondiee, Veggy and Cammi - hang in there, caring thoughts are with you.

• shellshine
    edited August 2013

Sorry about your chin, Chevette. I'm feeling bad that I was jealous of you at all the energy you had this morning. Now your little chinny chin chin is stung - YIKES! You're probably asleep now so hope you're having peaceful dreams.

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Morning gals!  My chin is just a little sore...  This was the 2nd time it happened...Wink  I KNOW wasps are probably good for something, and that's why I hate to just dismantle their "nest"...  can't believe they built it in one of the 3 bamboo reeds of that hanging "chime"!   But I'll give them their "space" and stay away...

Is everyone on vacation?  Or out playing somewhere?  Shells, when I first skimmed over your post, I thought you said you were in the middle of the "intersection"...Ha!  That's what I get for not paying attention!  We DON'T want our bathrooms in the middle of an intersection!    Well maybe Sassy does, but not me.  Hers is on her porch?   Shells, WHAT are HELOC'S???  Did Cammi write that for you?

Cammi, so far, wasp stings don't hurt NEAR as much as BEE stings!  I think they are just "warning" me....Wink  And now I get the hint!  Wink