STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Shell I'm so glad u feelin' good with some energy--Keep it up girl

Now about me--I had a horrible headache and I thought I know what I can do to cheer up my bad feeling I'll come to SRFU and relax and enjoy some fun, even thos there are so many here not dealing well u all still have a great attitude---Then I saw it, yes every part of it another picture of a CHICKEN my eyes started throbbing more, my head was as if I was banging it against a wall, the pain was extending down the back of my head, I felt woozy and sick to my stomach--I came here for comfort and what happens a CHICKEN even a cartoon makes me shiver, the little hair I have left on my arms are standing up all 6 of them. My back immediately went into a spasm knowing what I looked at and it was spinning in my head. But I did look at it knowing I could scroll down shortly and loose the sight of it altho not the image of this horrendous sight of a CHICKEN so I had chicken nuggets for dinner--yummy with honey mustard sauce. BTW I had no headache or feeling sick CHEVY--it didn't bother me in the least bit.

Oh Chevy what would we do without u, u brat.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

Gumby, Lived with post polio for decades, did okay. Drug free. Valium when neck and TMJ misbehaved. But learned how to deal with it all(total body pain) decades ago. Then the AI's came. Quit Arimidex After 7 1/2 months. Femara after 3 1/2 weeks b/c it right away was showing it was going to do the same things as Arimidex. Aromasin I think 2 years.

I had a shingles shot I think aug 31st 2012,  within 24 hrs low grade fever, abdominal pain that I still have problems with, Neuropathy of forarms and lower legs which lasted for 3-4 months. Everyone denied any connection between a vaccine and Aromasin. But 4 days after the onset of the symptoms after the vaccine, I quit aromasin.

I wasn't going to risk anymore damage. Overall there is residual damage from AI's. But I think I was lucky that I quit when I did versus holding on. Technically by law, any s/s that occur within two weeks after a vaccine, the docs are required to report to the county health department. The reports supposed to include lot number. County required to report to State. State reports to CDC. Didn't happen. Should have done it myself. I was pissed off at the time.

Glad Dr love is taking action cuz the FDA is dead on the subject as it seems most docs are not listening.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited August 2013

Oh, the quit/retire thing got even better that day. I was a school bus driver with insane hours. The incident with stupidvisor happened about 4:45 AM. I had all morning while I was taking the kids to school to think.

So I went to the retirement desk, told them I wanted to retire. They asked when? I said NOW!!!! To their credit, no hassles. Got all the papers, got a manager to sign. No way did I want to see stupidvisor again. I'd probably deck her. Got the bus back where it belonged, told the time clock to F off, I was done. On the drive home I felt a great weight lifting off me.

I had 23+ years in the state pension system, one of the top 5 in the country. I was able to start that right away. I was also, thank goddess, to keep the same medical insurance as all regular employees have. Not COBRA, but had to pay full price. Almost 600 a month, for me alone. I sure spent a lot of their $$$$ last year.

I was 61 when this went down had to wait 8 months before SS started. It was rough. I'll be 65 in a few months, so can use that $$ at Publix, LOL!

I do miss my co workers, still have contact with a few. I don't miss the BS that goes with the job. I don't want to work any where. I'm happy playing doggy mom to Spookie and Kris.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

SPKYSMOM: Stupidvisor....Thanking Goddess. You rock, girl!

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Spookie, soooooooohappy, you got your retirement and your pension. Never to have to work for what sounds like a bully again. To many companies allow bullies into management positions. These types are such classic manipulators. It will take along time for things to change. Bully bosses are only being recognized as a problem in the workplace in the last few years.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

This is a fairy tale story: I have permission to tell the storey, infact she's wants it told all over hoping it will help others. A BCO friends' company changed pension management funds. When she onlined regesitered, her name kept coming up in her ex married name under a car company. She looked into it. Her ex husband died in 07. He never took her off as beneficiary of his pension. She will now receive a monthly check for over 1000$. Back monies due are about 80K. Serendipity. Social Security should have notified her. It's being looked into. The car company is doing the same. It was in the divorce decree that she would relinquish rights to his pension. The final paperwork step was never completed. I.E. the form with her signature saying she reliquished rights.  Hidden money :)

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Gumby , please, let's talk about needy.med.org There is a section about different organizations to apply for assistance.  Needymed.org is a bit difficult to navigate. Pm if you'd like help using it. For those uninsured or underinsured it can be a tremedous resource.

Chevy try tracking ebay--fairy candle site. They also have fairy living miniature furniture etc. I love your creation. I watched Fall tv previews last night. There's a new show in the fall called "Once". It will have lots of magical things about Alice going down the rabbit hole.   The fairy next to the ice castle, so pretty, so pretty :)

I so wish I could have been there to go through your treasures that you were selling. The mirror if you don't hand it down to the kids, I'd love to buy it. It has to be special if you won the employee art fair.

Your hx at Coors was/is such a special memory. Hard to believe you've been retired since 1999. Didn't coors get purchased by a foreign company? My brother tells me Yeungling is the only major beer producer still american owned in USA.

Cami, this is a pain free day. So, I'll be writing allot today too. Doc agrees it's okay to have a couple a week, she's so understanding. Your storey about clueless pass through managers. It's so rampant. Kind of a take off of the Peter Principle. Google definition I don't want to misquote it and inparticular the nuances of definition. May be I'll wiki it :)

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

Cammi, you are so full of shit!  Wink  It was NOT the picture of that cute little chicken that made you go nuts...   It's that what-ever ELSE you are taking!  You HAVE to know when to say when funny face!   

And so you ate chicken nuggets?  Those aren't even chicken.... those are made with Spam and flour.... or something.   I laughed my butt off, sitting here, reading your exploits....  How did you even spell everything right?   But I LOVE reading what you say...  Makes me think you are feeling better. The ONLY reason I post a picture of a chicken, is to make you feel better............. so it must be working!

And Sassy... I have that mirror hanging in our Living Room...  It was just something new at the time.... cementing ceramic chips/dishes around mirrors, etc.  I even made a little coffee-table at one time using plaster of Paris, and broken dishes!  But that damn thing was so HEAVY, it was hard to move.... except with your shin...  Everytime I hit it, it WOULD move....  It was pretty, but not  something made to be shin-level...Wink Or around someone as clumsy as me.

I'm really not "selling" anything, just giving away a lot of kitchen ware that I don't use anymore.... like BIG bowls, pots and pans, baking stuff, etc.

https://www.google.com/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1673&bih=779&q=fairy+gardens&oq=fairy+gardens&gs_l=img.1.0.0l10.757.3184.0.5298.13.10.0.3.3.0.185.1233.3j7.10.0....0...1ac.1.25.img..1.12.1126.bC4YUfHjSl4

This is a fun place to get Fairy Garden ideas....  Mine is pretty full now, so I don't have room for anything else.... Unless I make another one..Ha!

Spookie, I'm so glad you told them you were leaving!  I used to wonder to myself, "how old do I have to be before I will speak up, and tell them to STFU?"  I never did, but I would now...  Actually, I DO now.... but only to DH when he turns into his GRANDFATHER and attempts his bossy tirades. I turn around and just giggle!  And say WHAT?   Are you talking to ME?   That ends it.

Good to see you Shells & Wren...

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Good Morning Hoolies----

Sas I know all about Peter's Principle--I have thought over the years that I had reached mine many years ago. I just settles for the truth about me. LOL

Chevy $$%^&*((*&^%$##@!%&*_ u'r chickens but that one has a puppy in it and so I can't get to excited about it. The puppy makes it cuteliest.U are very creative Chevy making a table that will certainly hurt u is very hard to measure --Kudos for the ingenious way u did it.

The weather outside is delightful so =, but turning super hot for a while so right now we're enjoying it..

My eyes are closing already, dam pain meds.

BBL

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2013

Ladies I'm in a panic. Just got itinerary for my corporate meeting next week. CEO says 2 dinners are "a little nicer collared shirts and summer dresses are a good fit." I don't own a dress. Would a nice blouse and slacks work? And another thing WTH is bocce ball? We are having a tournament! Is it in door sport or do I have to bring hat?

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited August 2013

Bocce ball is an Italian game played for years by italian men in Italy and became popular in the U.S. years ago.........it is played outside...........similar to bowling, but played on a smooth dirt surface instead of a wood alley........the balls are much smaller and have no finger holes....

Bring your hat.....you absolutely will be outside.......have fun.......I say wear whatever is comfortable for you..........have fun........Google Bocce you ill learn more......

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited August 2013

Gma - what the heck are you supposed to wear with the "nicer collared shirts"? I hope someone shows up in hot pants - now that's dating me - and a little nicer collared shirt. That'll serve them right. Could you pick up some pastel or brighter colored pants and wear with a breezy shirt? I know us women of a certain age don't/won't wear sleeveless in public and count me as one. I have bought a purply/pink with black top and wear it over black ankle grazer pants. I would think you would need something you could bend over in to pick up the bocce balls. Is it required that you play?

One thing is that all summer things are on good sale. Might be able to pick up something that will do for cheaper. I try not to buy things for an "occasion" unless very special to me - like if family member wedding. How about a gauzy skirt?

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

I for one would vote for nice slacks and a top. I dont own a dress either, but I sure wouldnt go out and spend money on something you're never going to wear again.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2013

Gma, I think slacks and a nice top will be fine. Maybe a bit of sparkle jewelry to dress it up. I'm sure you will see some of everything worn. I think they are trying to say no ratty jeans and t-shirts. They would have better luck if they just said that instead of beating around the bush.

Safe travels

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited August 2013

Alysonworldtraveler, safe travels. Have a wonderful time.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Working on a project for someone on another thread. Came across this old post. It describes how to correctly transition from one drug to another drug in the same classification. Thought I'd drop it here too.

Jul 19, 2011 11:58pm, edited Jul 19, 2011 11:59pm by sas-schatzi

To all-have seen multiple posts re: which new thing is working. Just a phrase to add to all the other info that clogs our brains. A WASHOUT PERIOD.  This is a time when you stop one treatment and start another. In studies, this washout period can last from weeks to months. It depends on the study or drug. 8- 12 weeks, in general, is an acceptable washout period.

What the washout does is prevent giving credit or discredit for a treatment response -- bad, good or no response to the new tx.  Just as many responders have said, "I did 2-3 things different at one time, I didn't know which one is working". That's how a washout helps. When I quit Arimidex, I did a 2 1/2  month washout before starting Femara. When Femara started with s.e. within 3 weeks, there was no question in my mind they were attributable to Femara. Conversely, when the Arimidex sledgehammar hit. the  s.e. were growing for a time, but then I started Celexa. The hammer further came down within 2 weeks. I chose to quit both drugs b/c I couldn't tell which one was the offender.

When we are so desperate for a response, too many things may be changed at once. If something goes bad like an increase in s.e which drug/tx do we blame. Again , conversely, if things go well. Is it b/c of all or only one. Are we then adding something to the regimen that could have been left out. Some may say, if it's all good who cares, I'll just keep doing them all. I get that. But all drugs have consequences, we may not be aware at first what they are, but long term could be a problem. . When we run to a new tx, this must not hurt us in the long term, i.e other system dysfunction years down the road. So, just a suggestion to try and leave a washout period between new tx's. I know it easier said then done.

Consideration of a washout or lapse time between new treatments will allow a drug or tx to be able to be given full credit or discredit for a change.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Sas Good info for all of us--cuz we do switch drugs.

GMA--slacks will be fine like everyone said--and just dress up the top or have a dressy top either way, u'll be fine. If it;s really hot wear cool clothes too.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

image alt="" name="wkkRqK4zHfJhIM:" /> For chevy

• camillegal
    edited August 2013
  • Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited August 2013

Watch out you lot I am on my way to your side of the world.

This is the start of a very long Sunday. Leave tonight -its a 14hour flight and it will still be Sunday. TTYL

Big hugs.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

YYYAAAAYYYY ALLISON---walk around the plane.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

YOOO--HOOO Alyson have fun and be safe. Hope you can do the same thing ChrissyB did with her trip by posting along the way. HUGS sassy

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited August 2013

I'm excited!

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Veggy, beyond excited how are u doing.? I'm feeling floopy today, but that's kinda usual

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2013

Safe travels Miss Alyson....

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Oh it printed guess who this is for hahahahaha

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2013

OMG  too funny Miss Cami

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited August 2013

Well, life is good - get to read regular posts from Duckiee, and Veggy is feeling cheerful.  Yay!!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013