STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

GMAnotohappy--what a way to start---Sorry.

Chicky I didn't remember about u'r BIL--wow hope they can do treatment on him fast, WTF they din't read it right. Oh Boy

Mary we have to get out DD to teach us, I don't think mine has patience with me---cuz I just don't get it.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited August 2013

Chickers..... I'm so sorry about your BIL...  Damn!  No excuse for incompetence like that.  I would really having a hard time keeping my mouth shut about the original diagnosis though.  

I know the PRESENT Docs won't say anything to the numb-nuts about the original diagnosis, but I would write a letter to the DOCTOR, and his superiors, and mention ever-so-loudly and professionaly about WHAT the wrong diagnosis has done.  Namely taken up so much time for being treated the RIGHT way. 

Sure mistakes happen, but they SHOULDN'T  because of their training!  Damn good thing that he doesn't NOW have to be treated by that looney-tunes Doctor! 

Sass, you could always plant Geraniums in your "pot on the porch!

MaryandCammipictureless!  Okay, now you guys.... 1.  Just go to your browser bar... like where you want to type something in.  2.  Now type in
    "Google Images"......  3. When you see it come up, click on that.  4.  Okay now, type anything you want in that space. 5.  CAMMI, stop typing in "naked men" right now...... 6.  Type anything you want to see.... ANYTHING!  7.  Okay now you will see a gazillion pictures on that subject. 

Now, 8.  When you see one you want to post, click on it....  (It usually gets larger.)....  9.  RIGHT click on picture.  Hit "copy". 

Now, go back to our thread, to where you are typing your post, and 10, RIGHT click again, and hit "paste."    If your selected picture does not show up, repeat steps 1 through 10 for the rest of your life until you GET it!

BUT if you somehow managed to "save" your own pictures on your computer, or Iphone, or whatever you USE, THEN you will need to download a program like "Picassa"....  THEN once that is downloaded, you will need maybe the guy next door to show you what you did, and what to do with it.  Or ask any kid on the block.  Ask your Grandsons!   They will show you how to navigate through that program with your pictures.

If all else fails....Forget about ever posting pictures.... or you will go out of your mind.

I'm going to get my ears flushed today.  I give up.  Yes, the ear candles work great, but I think my ears do nothing but manufacture wax just for the hell of it.  Just to drive ME nuts.  And when they get a certain amount, my ears just shut off....  So this calls for a job by Superman!   Get out the damn garden hose, put it in one ear, and flush it all out through the other.  

Sure I could spend today doing probably 5 more ear candles in my Right ear, and always get MORE wax out, but I am admitting defeat.   When it is HARD to hear with my hearing aids, it is time for a different approach to said problem....  I give up, in other words.

SHELLS, you little Devil!  Okay, I looked again!  IT DOES look just like that!  Ha, ha!  LittleGardens, don't change it now!  Ha, ha!  That just cracked me up!   So everytime I see your little nipple thing that Shells relentlessly pointed out, I will laugh! 

Sure Shells...  Just say no to whatever you are taking!  Wink xoxoxo

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Is this better Chevy?

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited August 2013

A hairy nipple????? Sheeesh I think I better change my avatar again. But not just yet. I'll let you ladies laugh about it for awhile first!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited August 2013

Omg.If my sil had looked like that with all his tatoos, I would have kept him for myselfLaughing

• marywh
    edited August 2013

Speaking of tatoos, my ex-sil got a new one, get this...a six inch wrench on his arm..dd says its butt-ugly, but this is the guy who cant afford to pay her any more in child support?Surprised

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

oh well, you know that adornment for your own body is EVER so much more important than food for your kids!!! Money Mouth

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2013

Morning Hoolies....I have a few tattoos that I got when I was 18...I hate them now..would love to have them removed!

Thanks for all the words on BIL.....he has bone marrow test tomorrow and chemo starts on Friday.....not sure what they will do about missed diagnosis...I think they are just in shock right now.

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

I hope they find a good lawyer.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited August 2013

Doing better this morning thanks for your prayers. Did my MLD last night. Had a big fluffy bed. Propped up on 6 pillows. Off to meetings soon and bocce ball tournament. This afternoon.

• gardengumby
    edited August 2013

Take care, GMA.  It sounded like you were truly miserable yesterday, give yourself permission to be a little grumpy if necessary...  Laughing

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited August 2013

April I am so sorry you are feeling so yucky :( I pray for less side effects. Glad your boss did something appropriate and above all else showed some kindness and compassion. Don't people just shock you in the worst ways!! So I'm a nurse on a step down ICU floor commonly referred to PCU. My own manager RN said out loud "We can not justify your accommodations while going through chemotherapy". I just about threw up on her. People are sick, STFU. God forbid they ever have anything happen to them... And need some accommodation!!!

April, Ducky, and Gardengumby I am so sorry you are feeling so yucky and in so much pain :( I pray for less side effects.

Sass I lov Yeungling it's my favorite wish I could get it out here. But for now u just wait till every summer when I go to the shore and eat Maryland style blue crab yumm ;)

Chevy I will take one of those yummy cheese quesadilla, sounds fab!! I think I'm hungry...haha

Tracy nice to meet you :) Sorry about the neuropathy!!! You are such a fighter!! Glad you are back at work be kind to your self!! In time you will be back where you want to be ;) I just went back to the stressful inpatient side of he hospital and felt the same way... F-Cancer not getting the best of me!!!

ChickaD omg I had all of the same side effects... ugh well my eye lashes are slowly growing back, eye stopped twitching (doesn't that just drive you nuts) also the big D is still an occasional issue but so much better. Drink, drink drink water so excited for your last chemo!!!! Sending hugs xoxoxo when do u start radiation?? Praying for bother-in-law... I'm sorry... How cool you will help them so much just by understanding you can truly empathize do u live in the same state?

Ugh Ducky I'm so sorry did the docs have any ideas to help... I just want to take all this away... It just breaks my heart everyone's pain and discomfort :(

ChickaD that doc and radiologist that missed that diagnosis need to pay for all of your BIL's treatment and bills and time off of work. OMG I am so sorry!!! This is my worst fear.... I'm paranoid now :( since my cancer diagnosis I respectively ask to look at all scans with MD to ease my fears.

My skin looks awful hurts and itches like hell. Maintance chemo till January. Love all of you hooligans you amaze me!! I am so blessed to know you. Prayers for a comfortable day for everyone. Sending healing hugs ;)

Sweet Pea

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited August 2013

Stacey, Your boss is an analpore! Plus she screwed up big time. You have grounds for an ADA complaint and or suit. Document date/time/ names & addresses & phone numbers of those present. Document what was said. All this info is REQUIRED to make a written complaint.

Check either :

1.EEOC/ADA web site for your state for closest office-- call and ask for sequence of what to do. Time to lodge a complaint is very short. Ask if it is recommened to inform your employer that you are lodging a complaint. Also, ask your lawyer.

2. Go to cancerandcareers web site I'll get it and bring it back. I posted it awhile back, but it may have been before you were here. This web site is a wealth of info in all regards to employment and cancer.

http://www.cancerandcareers.org/en

What that boss thinks she's doing is setting you up for termination by showing you as not doing your job. What she has done is set her employer up for a big time legal problems. Once you make your complaint to EEOC/ADA, they will investigate.

1. She did this publicly in her delegated role as a management employee of the institution

2. There were witnesses

3. You met with human resources when this started. They defined the policy for you.

4. Your boss breached the policy.

I don't know what the institutions policy is, but they have a whole section on it. The instituitions responsibility is to ensure that the policies aren't breached. It's bad enough when employers or their delegates breach the rules in secret. But to do it publicly, sheesh, the person just is clueless and STUPID. The institution can't claim that she did this on her own b/c they are the Respondeat Superior.

Seek legal advice now. Follow through with the ADA/EEOC complaint.

Contact Human Resources for a sit down. I think the answer re:telling HR that you are lodging a complaint is probably not a good thing to do. BUT that's why I suggest lawyer counsel and ADA/EEOC advice.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Chickie that was my point re: the Ct scan for divertic. Was evidence of Lymphoma present on the diagnostic films. Yes, it was. Unusual that they did MRI for a divertic study, but doesn't matter. BIL needs a bulldog lawyer as others have suggested.

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Chevy you are brilliant. Easiest computer instruction I ever had :) This is my first pic. OMG my world has been opened to another dimension:) L&H's sassy

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

This is a headstudy of a German Wirehaired Pointer done by Rien Poortvliet in the 60's. It was as if my Schatzi was posing. Chevy:)

image alt="" name="MYvjDcx2jhmR6M:" width="200" height="400" />image alt="" width="140" height="180" />

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

This is a headstudy of a German Wirehaired Pointer done by Rien Poortvliet in the 60's. It was as if my Schatzi was posing. Chevy:)---oops lost it

German Wirehaired Pointer #2 Dog Print - Poortvliet

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited August 2013

Chicka, sending good vibes for BIL. My brother had fairly advanced lymphoma and he was cured with chemo, so good things can happen.

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

I'm "brilliant!"  Man, I haven't heard THAT one before, Ha!  But thank you dear Sass!  Okay, now I'm too brilliant to go iron.... maybe tomorrow!   And I love your pictures!  Boots, eh?  Wellies even!  I HAVE some, but I would rather WEAR them instead of planting them....

Okay Sass, you aren't going to believe this..... That picture you posted of the wire-haired pointer...... There was this little dog that lived next door to us when we were little.... His name was "Shotzy!"  He was black and white, and smaller than the picture.... and he was a wire-haired something or other!  But what a coincidence!!!    THAT is amazing.

I have to move the damn bamboo wind "chime."  DH even got stung.... I just acted like "what are you talking about?"  So in the morning, while still 1/2 dark, I will put a plastic bag under the "clappers" and close it at the top, unhook the hanger out of the tree, take it to this other area by our fence,  hang it THERE, where they can do all they want to do, whatever that is.  ANYwhere but where WE go! 

I just can't kill them.... they don't know how lucky they are....!

I have this idea, on how to use this white wire planter holder.  You are supposed to use one of those coconut fiber fillers in it, then add soil and plants, and hang it.   BUT, I took it apart, turned it upside down, and I'll attach the hanger, with hook, to the bottom, which will now be the top.  Then hang lots of the shells I have with  fishing line and colored beads & glass marbles.... all around it, and from the top!   I'l make it, and take pictures....  Hope it looks good when I am finished. 

Just like this, only hanging upside down.

Okay.... better get busy doing something..... xoxoxoxo

• marywh
    edited August 2013

Like that, they look like a set of iron boobs! Bet they'll never get cancer-ha-ha. So ds comes over today with a dump truck full of brick pavers to build a little patio off our porch...1500 brick in all, dumps them in the yard and Then tells us we have to clean the old morter off before he can lay them. That means individually cleaning every last one of them..Just glad I cant go out in the yard because of the bugsSmile

• Chevyboy
    edited August 2013

Yes!  Iron boobs!  Ha, ha!  Oh Mary, I don't know what I would do!  I've seen that happen beforel.....  Lots of bricks, but all have hardened cement on them, and it almost takes a hammer and chisle to get it off!    What about laying the bricks, with a little space in between them all, and planting little ground-cover between them?  Or just get some of that small sand stuff, and sweep THAT in between them?   Our neighbors did that with flag-stone pieces....  Maybe that old cement would not show, if you get the same color gravel?    Or it would just make it even "prettier"?  

I've WORKED with cement, and man, it just is murder on your hands....  Takes some heavy duty gloves. 

I found ANOTHER paper-wasp nest!  Just inside our garage door!  Damn things!  Now I'm getting mad.  They were actually chasing me!   So I got the hose, jet-stream, and knocked their little butts AND their nest to smithereens!    I might leave the other one in the garden....   I'll just stay  away from them!  I'm pretty patient, but they got my ire up!

(I've heard that somewhere.)

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited August 2013

Chevy that is beautiful... Reminded me of my parents. My dad told the caregiver that he could not leave her (meaning his wife) here alone and he didn't. She died on Tuesday March 19th and he died 4 days later on March 23rd. He was true to his word... They would have been married 71 years this last May 2nd... They both died in there own home where they wanted to be... I tell everyone who tells me how sorry they are for my loss, that what a perfect ending to their love story... We had a double memorial service..

• marywh
    edited August 2013

What a sweet story, Chevy

• sas-schatzi
    edited August 2013

Chevy thanks for finding that...it's beautiful. You shared another story recently and I meant to thank you for that one too.

Crog, I remember when it was all happening. You had so much on your plate at the same time. But you certainly were blessed with loving parents :)

Mary, there's a joke in there somewhere right? Son drops off 1500 bricks , but you have to clean them. Maybe you can sell them to some that WANTS Old bricks, use the proceeds to buy new bricks. Chevy did have lots of good ideas. Is this patio for the new grill dear son is buying you?

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited August 2013

Miss SweetPea....yes we live about 20 minutes from each other...truly helpful as I am going to sit with him during chemo!

Last chemo is next Tuesdays......cant wait!  RAD mapping is scheduled for Sept 27th

Works out perfect as my CruiseOne (my travel agency) national conference is from Sep29 thru Oct 6 on Norwegians new ship...The Breakaway...from NYC to Bermuda.....

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Oh Crog that's a story too. they had to be together always--Wow

Who in the hell called Chevy BRILLIANT OMG this is just to much for me to take. BTW Chevy I thought how kind to move that stupid nest then next sentence is u blew the hell out of the other one. BRILLIANT Chevy

My cousin has Lymphoma (sp) he's been holding his own for about 7 ys now, he got it in his late 40's--he's another good guy with 4 kids. They are older now tho. but still---so Chickie I hope that there are good chemos for him too.

• marywh
    edited August 2013

ds is going to do the job, hes a brick layer, but failed to tell us all these brick needed cleaning before he relays them. We got them for free so its saving us at least 800 dollars. I geuss its worth it for a few hours of work, especially if I dont have to do it.

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited August 2013

Staceylee: I agree with sas, that was terrible. Any nurse manager should know better. ..and how embarrassing also to be treated lie that in front f your peers. Please journal and keep track of these remarks and go after that woman. How dare she! BE