Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited September 2013

Alyson-oh Take the Freedom Trail in Boston

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013

Morning gals!  A little cooler this morning....  and that's a GOOD thing! Wink

Having friends over this afternoon, for snacks, and just having fun...  Known them for over 30 years! 

Was wondering where Chickers, Phyllimissing and Veggy are?   Has anyone heard anything from them?  Hope everything is okay... maybe just busy?

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited September 2013

This is a bit twisted like me. Morning my friends from a train headed for Boston.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

Hey Alyson, I know you're having a blast!

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited September 2013

Hi everyone.....I'm here Chevy...just so tired I haven't opened my computer...my stamina has went out the window and I have just given into sleeping!

Hope your labor day weekend is going well!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

Hi u lovely bunch of cocoNUTS. I got back a while ago and as usual I'm exhausted for nothing. But I did have a nice time at my DD1's home.But it's always nice to come home.

OK I missed all those beautiful furbaby pictures, I love them, and Di u'r's is smiling how sweet. Our babies mean so much to us, I know.

Sas I'm sorry about u'r hearing but sex and music u can't go wrong.

Chickie I'm glad u popped in , but sorry u don't feel well.

And Chicken-pooper, I mean Chevy enjoy all the chit u give the flying bird things cuz they're making u some good eggs that u in turn into u'r tummy.

Well I have to catch up so I'll BBL

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,328
    edited September 2013

Since Chevy does adore her chickens.....I baked her a cate for tomorrow.  Enjoy lovey !!!

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited September 2013

GMAfoleytravellinghome,  Hope you got home safe and sound.  Did you have a good night's sleep in your own bed?

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013

Thank you miss Lilli!  Loved that cake! 

So our friends came over for snacks and laughs, and it really was fun....  Wasn't too hot, so got to sit out doors under our umbrella, for a change. 

I asked Anita if she wanted to go see the chickens, so I took her over there, and we both got in their coop, and no-one escaped. Wink  She thought they were so "pretty"....   And she stooped down, and petted one, and they all came over to her, and were pecking her shiny ring!  Ha!  I told her that wouldn't be so cute if one of them ate that shiny stone!   I picked up "Rosie" and their feathers ARE really pretty and silky.  Never thought I would get that up-close and personal with "chickens."   It's kind of neat the way they "talk" to us.. and it's sort of like they "whisper" when they settle down.

Anyway, altogether yesterday, I brought home 7 eggs!  Dang, those girls are busy.

Cammi, if you came over, even YOU would change your mind about those critters...  I never thought I would like them, much less not be afraid of them and their beaks and claws, but they act pretty civilized... I mean for barn creatures! 

Okay, bet the rest of you guys are just about DONE hearing about chickens...

Shells, how is everything going?  Have you heard anything yet?  And how are things at home?  We had our friends over like at 1:30.  EARLY, so no-one would have a chance to drink too much.  And right away we set everything out on the table, so THAT worked out great.    No more evening dinners for us.  Even our other friends, have us over early like that, so it's a lot more fun for everyone. 

Things have been better for us too...  a lot calmer... And I'm trying to just take life as we have it... and not try and change things I know I can't change.....  and be thankful we still have each other....  I know that sounds sappy, and I know all too well what it's like when life gets unbearable, but for now, I'm a happy hooligan.  Smile

• Alyson
    edited September 2013

Hope you hooligans are not getting up to too much mischief.

• marywh
    edited September 2013

Invitation to Marys pocket party tomorrow at 1. Having scans done...This one is scaring me. Chevy, dont bring the chickens, you know what a mess they made last time....

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

Mary,

If you allow NEWBIE hooligans in your pocket tomorrow.....I'm there for YOU!

Di

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited September 2013

I'll be there, Mary

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2013

I'll bring lemonade, you know how we all got in trouble last time when I brought wine!!!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited September 2013

With you girlfriend.....big hugs all around......

Di once you join the nuthouse your no longer a Newbie....

Sad day today....anniversary of my husband 's passing......22 years and it was actually Labor Day....had taken him to his beloved beach home for the final time.......he walked in on Friday, and my son carried him out like a little baby in his arms Monday, Labor Day...he no longer had the strength to walk.........we got him home, again my son carried him to our bedroom, and 2 hours later he was gone.......

Everyone has gone to the beach, and I am sitting here looking around at his pride and joy, and imagining what could have been...........his name was Vince, and I still miss him.......time changes nothing...........He was only 57.........gone too soon.............

• marywh
    edited September 2013

Im sorry Ducky. Hugs to you...

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

Oh Ducky, I am so sorry.....hugs to you.Frown

Oh I am in the nut house?  how approriate for ME! 

Here is a link to all of us!

http://www.nuts.com/nuts/

• sas-schatzi
    edited September 2013

Ducky, thinking of you, these anniversaries are tough. L&H&P's sassy.

Chevy, I remember you were so reticent to go and take care of the girls when you first did it this spring b/c of your childhood memories. Now you're inviting people to go with you :) happy for you.

Mary, in your pocket for Mon. scans. I'll bring choclate and keylime pie. Sweet and tart.  The wedding is soon isn't it? Or am I mixing it up with ChrissyB's?

Di, did you have a better weekend?

Teka anything exciting in the summer break?

Everyone have a nice day!

• sas-schatzi
    edited September 2013

STACEY AND TIM ONYOUR WODERFUL SEVEN YEARS TOGETHER Wink SASSY

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited September 2013

Mary, in your pocket. We will try for some responsible behavior- no guarantee.

Phyllodear, how are you doing?

Hope everyone in treatment is getting better.

Shells, here's hoping you get a job offer this week.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited September 2013

I'll bring the brownies to Mary's pocket party..

Made it home partially in one piece.. Going to be a long week getting back into the swing of things.. We also have no water - the relay to our pump broke and it looks like we won't beable to fix it today... my laundry is really stacking up...

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

Hi sillyones.

Ducky I'm so sorry, u'r DH went way to early and u've had a lot of missed yrs. It's truly hard and sad for u.

I' with u Mary, but I don't Want to be by GMA no water means no washing, I'll eat her brownies if there the same ones we had before--we need no wine, before it's time. And'

Di u'r here now so u'r stuck going in pockets--just a tip tho Chevy always has some feather stuck on her clothes please don't pull them off otherwise they fly up and around. ick

Chevy now u'r bringing people to this chicken fiesta--u opening up a whole new world--more like a Jules Verne world but leave it to u--and LILLI u EGG her on.

TekaSmile

Chevy don't corrupt Teka she's so nice cuz u've started on LILLI.

Hey Sas r u getting enough rest---cuz I know u.

Phylo???? and Chickie how are u doing.

My brain has just gone blank again, I'm going to the Dr. next week and asking for a B shot or something I can not get any energy up so I'm overfloopy.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited September 2013

Yep I sure do! not looking good - relay switch will take a while to get and DH refuses to ruin anyone elses holiday... So he won't ask for help or parts.

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited September 2013

Mary I'm in your pocket tomorrow... I'll bring snacks ;)

Thanks everyone for the well wishes on our anniversary. We are up enjoying Winter Park the mountains are beautiful!!! Thank goodness much cooler!!

Ducky I'm so sorry about your loss!!! Love that you can be surrounded by family keep happy memories close. I know you will see each other again just not yet. Wish I could give you a big hug! I can't wait to come to the shore next year. I was so sad this was the first year in 33 years I didn't have my feet in the Jersey sand because of treatment. I love closing my eyes and pretending I am at the shore, heaven on earth!!

So... We were getting the last packing done Friday night for the movers that were coming on Sunday and the guy backed out of our contract!!! So frustrating we were supposed to close on the 6th!!! So moved all the boxes left the furnature and put the house back on the market needless to say what an ordeal!!!! But what ever happens, happens... God will guide us. Please pray we sell it and things go smoothly the second go around.

ChickaD hope you feel better... Sleep it off and drink, drink, drink!!

Sending hugs you amazing, beautiful, intelligent hooligans!!!

Sweet Pea xoxoxo

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,328
    edited September 2013

Mary I'll be there and GG is going to sneak a little something in for me -- a spiked lemonade...yum.

Lilli

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited September 2013

Thanks dear friends.......could never have made it these past 2 1/2 years without all of you.........YOU RAISED ME UP.............

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013

Hi gals..... Sorry Ducky.... I just can't imagine.   Sometimes when I complain, I just have to get over it, and Thank God we still have each other.

I've been "talking" to another gal who lost her hearing while on Tamoxifen!  Trying to help her figure out what to do next...  

Yes Mary.... Lilli has the right idea.... I'll bring the scrambled eggs.... er, I mean  Margaritas!  

Have fun Sweet Pea!  Yes, it WAS cooler out yesterday!  A little hot today, but oh well!  xoxoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    edited September 2013
  • Alyson
    edited September 2013

Hugs Ducky.

Mary will be in your pocket, at least this time will be same time zone. Not sure where we will be - probably Plymouth.

Big big hugs