STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

and p.s Phil, IM happy you're off Ixempra and no more Zelda too? thats wonderful news. I am so happy for you. Dont you worry about me,if the Ixempra is doing what its supposed to be doing I'll hang in there. Thanks for worrying though, you guys are my best buds....

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

Mary I told Chevy don't touch any switches and she said oh this one won't hurt anything. See that chicken lover screwed everything up today. OK we try again tomorrow--but that sucks.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited September 2013

Woohoo Mary a whole 5 dollar. Maybe enough to treat yourself to a Starbucks. But seriously sorry for another day's wait for your scan. I'll be onboard for pocket party tomorrow.

Phyllowingy - You got your wings because you've flown the coop from the chemo room. Love the new Avatar.

Sir Charles indeed - we may have to put you in a padded room. Glad Sassy's got you on the straight and narrow.

And ChickaD - Last THC. That's a big serious  

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited September 2013

miss talking to you guys

Chickie yay on the chemo

Phillie sounds like you are at the end of the tunnell.

Sassie, you are awesome...

Charles, wow, but glad you came it is always something isn't it....

me ok, chemo tomorrow and appt with dr.....it never ends....

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

Blondie, it is so good to hear from you...

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,328
    edited September 2013

Stopping in to say hi after a long day......a good one, but I'm on the computer really late here.  Blondie....be well tomorrow.

Lilli

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited September 2013

Happy DANCIN for everybody!!!!!

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited September 2013

Am way behind so only read this page and want to make sure Mary knows I'm jumping in her pocket. I'm somewhat subdued, so don't worry, I won't cause a ruckus. 

I called the director of the position I interviewed for - she said they haven't made a decision - they had 4 excellent applicants. I read a little between the lines - I think they made a job offer to another candidate and are waiting to seal the deal. Whatever. I'm in a bit of a funk, lately. So stupid, I should be having fun. 

I told her I would be interested in volunteering if this position didn't work out, as I deeply respect her organization and would like to get hospice experience. She seemed really interested. I think I need to STFU, really, need to not skip any of my Zoloft doses cause I got the funky low down blues. 

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

• spookiesmom
    edited September 2013

Arrrrrgh! That cat makes me tired just looking at it!!!!!

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Spookie hahaha it looks abnormal

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited September 2013

Evening all

What a daywe have had.Got lost in Boston, then got lost in Plymouth after visiting the ships etc drove through a thunder storm and fog. Got lost in New London but found a lovely little place then went out for a really great meal.

Remember that we are driving on the other side of the road and everything is so different. hope tomorrow goes better in the direction scorebut it was fun.

• spookiesmom
    edited September 2013

What's a vacation if you don't get lost? LOL. Glad you're having fun, drive safe!

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Sounds like fun Alyson, plus I forgot u used to the other side of the road.

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

Oh Cammi has a new skill - we're in for it, now.

...and Phylly was gone but now she's back and done with chemo, and Chickadee has her last chemo today, YAY.

Teka you seem like a cool dudette - are you by any chance a bit eccentric, I hope? I'm really feeling a need for eccentricity, although you would think I get enough with all the shenanigans going on over here. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. Just so you know, I'm one of the better behaved ones on this thread, a good speller and student, Ducky is better looking but I’m smarter, usually upbeat and positive, but right now I'm just worn out. 

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

Note to self: Pocket Reservation for Marywh   (Mary, you will be in my thoughts at noon)

$5.00 gift card!....wow that may pay for a gallon of gas!....or a 1/3 hour of parking.....UGH!

Di

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

The director called me back - they hired an internal candidate, but she asked me to interview on Friday for a position as outside hospital liaison - meeting patients and families in the hospital and helping them transition to hospice. Meanwhile I have lunch with a colleague this Thursday, one of our hospice physician leaders in Hawaii.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited September 2013

Shells, Sounds like better opportunities headed your way.

Marywilldo, Save me a place in your pocket tomorrow.

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Holy Chit Shell---this is good news totally--OK u dodn't get one but the other sounds good, plus u'r friend too. U go girl.

Teka don't fall for Shell's self-proclamation of her intelligence---would she really be on this thread? Wait I'm on it, u'r on it, oh chit bad idea.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited September 2013

Shells that liason job is a neat position. It would so use your skill set for understanding the hospital workings to transition patients to hospice. It can very much smoothly expeditite the process. It's a great place to start towards out of hospital hospice. There are many many positives about it. :)

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited September 2013

Hello All,

I've been busy trying to find a job and a place of my own.  I hope evereyone is safe and well.  Congrats. Shellshine!  

Marywh - always in your pockets when U need us.

Peace and Blessings y'all.

Flowers

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited September 2013

Flowers,  How is your hunt going?  Good to hear from you.

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Good luck Flowers i hope something comes along soon for u.

• cmbernardi
    cmbernardi Member Posts: 853
    edited September 2013

julianne - the "hunt" is a slow process.  I had one GREAT job interview last week and I am hoping for a call tomorrow to schedule the 2nd. interview with the Chief Dietitian.  I just got my Dietitian's license here in TX. and hope to get a job at the Texas State School where 500 MHMR folks live.  It would be a pure clinical nutrition postiion and it sounds like a great place to start to get back to work.  I took a competancy test on-line before the 1st. interview and scored an 88%.  I even surprised myself.  Thanks for asking. It is good to hear from you too.  I'll STFU now so I can go and say my prayers for all of us!  HUGS,

Flowers

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited September 2013

Morning Glories....

In your pockets today Miss MaryNoMachine snd Miss BlondeBombshellChemoGirl

Miss Shellybelly...good luck on next interview...it sounds perfect for you!

Miss Alyson..stay safe on the right (literally) side of the road!

Yep done with TC...now just H every 3 weeks for next year...starting after RADS.   Woohoo

However...side effects started last night already..no small break...but I can do this!  Most of my eyelashes fell out this morning...boo...that really bums me out..and you can hardly see my eyebrows.  Big D started last night with the pretty site of throwing up at the same time...ugh...my poor DH...he throws up when he hears anyone doing it...lol  called Onc and got some new meds..Zofran and Nexium and up'd my dose of Effexor to try and curb these damn hot flashes and night sweats..slept with fan directly on me last night which helped a bit and always my cooling pillow!

Hugs to everyone....gotta poop! Tongue Out

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited September 2013

HELLO all you Hooligans .........Someone at the hospital kicked me out of Mary's pocket..SOMETHING ABOUT MY CHOICE OF OUTFIT.........actually thought my thong bikini was rather cute.............figured it was so crowded I wanted to be "cool"........and sexy, never forget sexy.............but I am sneaking back in today........WEARING MY FLAMING RED "TEDDY"..,,,,,,,,

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013
    Okay, I think it's easier to go backwards.... On THIS thread anyway.   

So Ducky, you little tease you!  Yes.... a red one, super-hot black one, and they snapped at the crotch, right?   Yes!   Ahhhhh, the memories.  Who WOULDN'T be sexy in one of those.  And don't forget the thigh-high stockings with the seams, AND the "high heels" we used to call them.  Well, THOSE stayed on for about 2 1/2 minutes. 

Chickers!  You sound pretty much normal now!  Yayyyy!   At least your brain does.... I just love you....  Don't worry about those damn eye-lashes or eyebrows....  I never even had chemo, and I have to fill-in, and lengthen MY brows...with a teensy little brush, that I use to draw in little eye-brow hairs...then an eyebrow pencil.... What-ever it takes, man.   Thinking of you.

Good luck Flowers with the job hunt.  AND the place to live.  All those recipes I sent you, and you're talking about being a Dietician?   Well, don't use 1/2 the recipes I sent...Ha!   

This morning I am whipping up a little farm-fresh...er, chicken-fresh omelet with cheese!  I am rationing those damn eggs like you wouldn't believe.  No-one else gets one.  But DH thinks there is something wrong with fresh eggs anyway, so that helps.  

Morning Teka!  Don't stay a frazzle-brain too long...  Or else DO!  You fit right in here.

Cammi, don't go disparaging the intelligence on this thread!    You KNOW we are all intelligent, and pretty, and full of ...what is it you say?  "chit"...  I guess that's better than the alternative, but not much.

Okay Shells!  That just pi$$es us off!  Here all the time we wait and wait, and then they take their time letting you know!  But I think it sounds like your opportunities are even better now!  This just might open the door for something that really fits you!    Just cruise along on that interview... Don't lose your confidence...  and just be yourself. 

Our family has been going through this with DGS #2...  He finally got the job, after I forget how many interviews, over 6 other guys, and hopefully he will fit in, and like it....  So many adjustments for him!  Talked to his older Brother last night, and he doesn't like all the traveling...  Okay, so what?  Stick with it awhile, see how it works out, but jobs are just damn hard to find.  Geez, I hope he's happy....

Morning Di and Spookie!  How is your week going?  I was down on my knees, trying to organize my refrigerator, and fix the stupid drawer that dropped down!  Damn thing!  Had to take everything out, to DO it, move the fridge OVER a little, to get the drawer back on the runners!  Then put it all back together!  My back and hip are killing me!   NEXT TIME we are getting a FREEZER ON THE BOTTOM damnit!   That thing will probably out-live us.  I rank this right up there with an Ice-box!  Only with a light! 

Alyson, I'm glad you recovered from being lost!  Man, I would have been afraid!  But sounds like a fun adventure! 

Cammi!  I sent that picture to my Daughter's!  Why don't you post some of those "other" pictures we look at?  Eh?  You wouldn't dare?  Neither would I. 

And Hi Lilli, littlegoats and GOOD TO SEE YOU BLONDIE!  

Okay, next page we find April, Juliaanna, lots of Sass, and Me.... Mary and Phylliwithwhat'sthatavatar?   Make you a bigger angel missy!   Oh wait, I'll show a picture of you....

Or even this one...

Oh wait.... a guy angel!

Okay Mary.... One more time....  we're all with you.... you're picking up more Hooligans as this drags on...Ha!  xoxoxoxo
  • gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited September 2013

Ladies I have a delicate issue that I usually keep to myself but need help on this one.  I don't know what caused it but during my trip to the corp. meeting, I developed a vaginal itch and it has gotten to the point of being red a swollen down yander... Any suggestions on what to do for it.  I haven't had this issue for 40 or so years and forgot what you do for it..  

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited September 2013

Miss Scarf maker...any discharge. ?.if so color?  Cottage cheese like? I am the queen of yeast infections with all the antibiotics...also queen of UTI...so any frequent peeing or pain when urinating?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013

Okay....  Mama Chevy thinks you have a yeast infection!  Go get a tube of Vagisil...or something like that... Monistat 7 is another one!  Ask the Pharmacist.  Yes, you are right....don't go askin' the neighbors or anything....

Sometimes, or almost always, taking anti-biotics  will cause this.  Also eat lots of natural yogurt.  Somehow your natural balance has been disturbed.  I mean down there....   Or look up yeast-infections! 

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/yeast-infection/DS01182