STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited September 2013

Miss Mary...we love you...we are here for you always♥

Miss Sassafrass...take care of your hoo ha please!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

So the scan lit up like a christmas tree. progression in the liver, new nodules on my chest wall, lymph node involvement and a new tumor in my right boob. I dont know yet what my onc is going to put me on this time Ive already done 10 different chemos nothing seems to kill the little shits for long...surgery out of the question because of the liver progression. Things look a little bleak right now.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited September 2013

Mary they'll come up with a plan for u. I'm so sorry.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

Mary....very sorry..Frown..((((((HUGS))))) to you!

Sas....hope your va jay jay dissection is feeling a better....you did not tell me when you called yesterday!

Somedays I am in a fog....

Di

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited September 2013

(((((((((Mary HUGS))))))

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited September 2013

Mary, Sending positive thoughts your way.

Sas, Hope you are feeling better.

Having a huge thunderstorm here.  Don't often get lightning and thunder.  Lights are flickering-candles at the ready.

Take care, everyone.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited September 2013

Ah, Mary

Big hugs😍😍😍😍

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited September 2013

Mary.....I am so sad...really can't say anything right now....just not fair.....hugs dear friend.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited September 2013

Mary-so sorry on news-sucks-awaite new plan.--sassy

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited September 2013

Can't sit  long.--not a nice experience, then had to go and get a crown put back on b/c it broke last night. Sitting longer than planned, no pain meds.

But must share story of update last evening with counselor. He's been gone for 2 months  b/c of surgery, lots of stuff happened

The part about a vulva biopsy he responds "Do you have a cough with that?" I say" what?"  Him "do you have a cough?" I say "Labia majora, labia minora, and crotch" He starts laughing uncontrollably, He heard Uvula--(the little thingy hanging in the back of the throat.).

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited September 2013

Sas....that is too funny...OMG!LaughingLaughingLaughing

BTW I had my uvula removed (along with my palate shortened) to help with sleep apnea....did not  help!

Di

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2013

Mary, So sorry. Here's hoping they find the magic bullet soon. ((((((((HUGS))))))))

• juliaanna
    edited September 2013

Mostlymom, How are you doing?  Haven't heard from you in awhile.

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited September 2013

I'm hiding under the bed until all the thunder and lightening is past....  been wandering around all evening with a flashlight in my pocket.  After over 30 years in Alaska, we have safety candles with packs of matches all over the house.  If a kidling came in, it would take an hour to pick them all up.  It's fairly quiet at the moment, still raining but calm enough to get on the puter.  Take care everyone - have your lifeboats handy!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013

Morning gals....  Now ChristmastreeMary!  WTH?  WHAT is going on with you?  We have to get out the big guns now.  Seems like things have been coasting along pretty smooth lately, and now this.    They will more than likely come up with a different plan for you.  Damnit!  Just when we think we can take a deep breath, something ELSE comes out of the wood-work. 

Just let them work out a plan of action for you, while you go sit out-doors on your new little sun-porch.    Can't worry about it...  it just makes you sick.  You've been hanging in there since 2008, a year longer than me...  Yours has been a much tougher road, but you got all of us hooligans just waiting to hear from you...   Thinking of you.......... ((((mary))))

And Sass!  You little Dickens you!  You probably embarrased the hell out of your Dentist.  So you've got things going on at BOTH ends!  What next?  Go drink a chocolate coke.... works every time. 

Love you all....xoxoxo

• gmafoley
    edited September 2013

Mostly Mom - my DH used laugh at me when I get scared of the thunder and lightening... He is from KY and he loves to watch the storms. Now, I don't mind them either - We sit on our porch swing and watch the sheet lightening on the mountains surrounding our mountain.. When they get close then I go hide in a closet.. LOL. 

I still have the "itch" and still "waiting" for the doc to call back (2 days)... Doing everything I know how - I think it is actually dermatitis from the towels I used at my DS house.  They use fabric softener and a smelly detergent.. Thought it would calm down by now though..

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited September 2013

Mostlymom, Don't let anyone make you feel bad about hiding. When my great aunt was a child, she was sitting at the dinner table with her family. A lightning bolt came in the open window and hit her brother's fork. It circled the room as a fiery ball and exited thru the same window. She NEVER touched metal during a thunderstorm again. DH had an uncle who was hit by lightening twice. The second hit took out his ability to spell well. I think the second did convince him that plowing one more row might not be the best idea.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited September 2013

Mary, I'm so very sorry about the progression. I'm thinking of you and sending you love and support.

I have an interview in an hour so need to leave. "D"H drank 2 glasses of wine and fell last night, broke his elbow, I dropped him off at ER at 11:00 pm and he took a cab home. The ortho just called, surgery this afternoon. But honestly, Mary, I care more about what's happening with you today, and holding you close in my thoughts.  

Michelle

💛

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited September 2013

Hello!  How is the HooliClan? 

Mary and Vege-tation - I am so sorry that there is more chemo in your future...but I'm glad you have some chemo choices. 

I read through a couple of pages but now I have no idea what is going on except for some people hiding from thunder storms and others sitting out in it.  I'm sure there's more, like chickens and other small animals and chocolate cokes and

OH!! WTF!! Sassy's counselor!  "Do you have a cough with that?"  Bahahahahaha, I hope you gave him an anatomy lesson! Really, he should be serious.  It is a serious thing to have a biopsy on your (what did chickie call it?  hoo-ha) hoo-ha!  I think you should have gotten the Dermatologist to use one of those little punch thingies like they use in scrap booking.  Like a star or a flag or Angel Wings!! 

Okay, I'm done now.  Time to go clean my paintball gun.  I have new neighbors moving in behind me and I need to be ready.

Phyllop

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited September 2013

Shell...get the best Ortho....I have a horror story I could share right now that happened with my granddaughter-in- laws Mother....broke her elbow missing the last step on a letter. Ambulance took her to her small town hospital....surgery by a schlep Ortho....bacterial infection in bone......grandson took her (his mother-in-law) from her town to University of Chicago Med Ctr...got her the best on the staff..result first cleared up the infection.....9 hours of surgery to fix the screw up, remove plate and screws which popped through the skin..........2wks in hospital......more surgery to do the job right...another 10 hours, and a new plate and screws, and had to graft skin fom her hip to her arm.......another 2 wks, and had now been moved to a rehab ctr for another 3 wks.......will need more skin grafts ......just want to get her moving......she is 62.....

Be careful...they told her the elbow is the worst thing to break........just saying......needless to say my Grandson has engaged a lawyer..this poor woman went through hell.....

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited September 2013

Thanks for everybodies concern. Im a little more myself today. Picked up gs at daycare and took him to Wendys and the park. He makes me feel better. Such a sweetie.

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Food mary--

Ducky that is totally a horror story, that poor woman all the chit she went thru.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited September 2013

Miss Shellybelly..so sorry to hear about the elbow...ugh

Hugs to everyone else xoxo

Sleeping a lot...this last chemo really kicked my butt.

• gmafoley
    edited September 2013

New Primary called me in a prescription for the "itch" without even seeing me!  She doesn't even know me..  Didn't talk to me either. I left her a short email about the red, itch and swollen.  How do they know for sure its a yeast infection??? BTW I don't have any discharge... Oh well.. maybe she just didn't want me to suffer all weekend. By the time she called it in, I couldn't go get it, so DH will pick it up while I'm at work tomorrow. Edit: I've never had a yeast infection.. but I have had dermatitis..

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

Ok - finally some good news: I have a job as a Hospice Nurse Liaison -  coordinating and helping families transition to hospice care, providing support, answering questions, doing the intake and assessments and making sure hospice has all of the information they need to take good care of the patient. Don't know my start date, yet. Haven't actually received the formal offer from HR - but I have the job. Yay. 

• juliaanna
    edited September 2013

Shellsgotajob, Fantastic news.  I know you will do a great job.  Your patients will only have the best care.

Chickiesnoozeallday, Hope you get your game back soon.  Time to enjoy the last of the chemo.

Maryperkingup, Happy to hear your gs provided your mood a boost.

GMA, hope the medication takes care of the itch.

Wishing everyone a restful weekend.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited September 2013

Shells,  The Liaison who helps the patient and family through the transition into hospice is such an important part of the care team.  A year ago when my brother made that transition I think my SIL would have totally lost it without the loving, caring help of the Liaison. Based on your background, training and the loving heart that you have shown all of us here you strike me as just the kind of person that is perfectly suited to this job!  Good Luck!!!

• shellshine
    edited September 2013

Thank you for your kind words, it means a lot to me.

• camillegal
    edited September 2013

Shells Chabba is so right, this is the perfect job for u--u will be so good at it. u'r kind of heart and very smart with good decision making it will be perfect for u and all u help. I think we are all so happy for u.

Chickalastchemo--go thru whatever u do and know this is it no more. It's  good feeling. I woke up to take my pain meds and to 2 chosterol pills then I took 2 xanax, never got aroubd to pain meds I think I've taken enuff for now.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited September 2013

Morning gals!  My Daughter sent this picture.... thought it was so cute!

VERY GOOD SHELLS!  Wow!  I can understand what an important and meaningful job you have now!   It has to be so traumatizing on families to realize they can't take care of their loved one, and what is coming up.... But then you will be with them, helping them understand what is going on.

I know sometimes Hospice Care comes to their home...  Will you have a part in that too?

And Shells....  So he broke his arm?  Oh well..... I mean that's what I would say being in the same circumstances.....   What is, just damn IS.   DH was telling me about his one "friend" who drives to the same little bar.  He fell yet again, and broke HIS arm....  I'm thinkin' could have something to do with his mega-amounts of booze he consumes on a daily basis.... I mean a LOT!  Well, he is home now, and still drinking.  But at least he can't drive.  And do I feel sorry for him?  That's a resounding NO!

You have a lot on your plate right now.... Just take care of yourself, your Son and your new job!  Congratulations!

Cammi!  WTH did you just say?   Go back to bed.  I think you would be better sticking with drinking a whole bottle of whatEVER than what you said you just TOOK!  You need monitoring.  You and Phylliwiththeanklebracelet.    Just say NO to those pills.  The only thing you spelled right, was Xanax!   How did that happen? 

Hi Chabba and Teka!  And Juliaanna!

Grammie!  So what is it that she prescribed?  Man, I hope she knows what she is talking about.  I think us gals have a better handle on what it is than SHE does.  I just know about the dis-charge and itching.... don't know about the other stuff going on.  BUT, just try it I guess, and if it falls off in the mean-time, go to plan B.

Morning Mary....  Everyday is going to be different.... Sometimes they are beautiful, then we get the duds thrown in there too.   Your GS will always make you feel better..... keep him close. 

Geez Ducky!  That was really a horror story!  A real CF!!!!  I'm posting this, then reading the other pages....