Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited October 2013
    I still have no tool bar and can't do anything but type and be my own spell check! The Mods told me I'm hopeless, the new upgrade won't support my old XP system. My only hope is to get a new computer apparently.
  • gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2013

Sas - I believe you are probably running in compatibility mode. Please go to tools. About 1/2 way down the list is Compatibility View and Compatibility View Settings. (I'm doing this from memory, as I just got upgraded to IE 10 which is slightly different). Anyway, make sure that Compatibility View (or maybe it's just plain Compatibility) is UNchecked.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,278
    edited October 2013

That also I think for those who are not seeing a tool-bar ( changing compatibility view ) will allow your tool-bar to appear if its missing. Mine was gone for a while too and if memory serves....that is how I got it back.

Lilli

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited October 2013

Gumby----I have a tool bar now.......Cool it worked! You might want to copy and paste to the mods :) your a genius!

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Worked so long doing this , It's passed coffee time and on to wine time. Gumby and mods your brilliant!

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

The compatibility icon was on the URL line. Between the looking glass and the refresh icon. Don't know how long it's been there. BUT when I held the cursor over it, Viola, the little box said compatibility. Clicked on it and the tool bar appeared. Followed the rest of your instructions and it happened ---the picture that is.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited October 2013

I must be different. My friend and I laughed the whole time I had chemo.In fact we were the only ones laughing. The Physicians Assistant says that after my appointment - the rest of the day goes downhill. My nurse said that she will remember me next week. Time now to relax.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2013

Is this working?

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited October 2013

Chevy - see your wine bottle just fine.

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

Oh for God's sakes! I went to my Google Chrome, and went to BC.ORG, and then copied your picture Veggy, and it worked! Now, I must study this, before I forget! So evidently Oh WAIT!!!

Holy connoli! NOW the spell-check is even working! Hah!

So evidently, AOL, all the changes do not work with my AOL browser!

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

Oh Wow! I'm so excited! Now I copied YOUR coffee littlegoats!

• luvmygoats
    edited October 2013

Chevy - Holy chit.

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

I am astounded! I am invincible! I am woman.

Cammi! Uh-oh, you are underlined in red....... drats! I meant to ask, how, or who do you use to get online? Can you download Chrome? I don't know if Internet Explorer would work as well, but anyway, it's a thought!

• luvmygoats
    edited October 2013

Chevy - most names would be underlined in red except prob. common ones like Debbie, Karen. You can right click on her name and you have option to add to your personal dictionary. Well drat, mine doesn't recognize Cammi or Cami as being misspelled. But the add to dictionary will work for you.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013
    OK can I BE mor confused no, I don't even know what or where a toolbar is--this is much to much for me to take in at one time. Besides my head is spinning today, so I have to wait some to realy give it a try. Thanks Lilly for all the patience u have.
    Chevy I can; even make fun of u--I know much less and I feel like chit. so today I can't put my words together in my mind to do this. OK Chevy get off the floor from laughing---oh it's not so easy is it and on top of this stuff I'm trying to learn a new goofy phone AND the new AT&T TV--1,000 channels and I use like 12 and I'm so screwed up--I just learned how to record I also have new channels which I like so now it's even moreconfusin and this HD stuff I have it but it's all to much. I just took a 2 hr. nap so that means another 2 hrs til I wake up then when everone goes to sleep I'll be awake. Well as awake as I could be.
  • ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited October 2013

ok all you winos and caffeine addicts...lol...just woke up...couldnt sleep last night ..now I'm flip flop on day and night.......I think I'm a bit anxious with chemo (Herceptin) and radiation starting on Wed...thinking way too much.

Here are some pics from my cruise to Bermuda........ugh none of my pics will post either

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

More to practice your new found copy/paste skills on!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

I found out where the Smileys ran off to.....

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

Oh Cammi! She posted CHICKENS! Maybe she doesn't know? :) Her one chicken is doing the Hokey Pokey!

So let me get this straight.... You don't know what a tool-bar is? Don't you have the little gray line, (like a gray box across this page?) just above this box? It starts with a B... Then this, a letter I then a T with a line through it? Then several other little icons?

If your computer doesn't, best just shoot it. Or go to the nearest bar, and ask for a tool.

And forget the phone and the TV. Those things drive me nuts. Just do one thing at a time..... or maybe never. Have someone, like who is about 6 show you how. I did that once with my Grandson......

Chickers.... Do you have Chrome as a browser? Try downloading that, and going to BC.ORG with THAT, and it might work!

4! Sure miss smarty pants! Just rub it in! Where do you find the animated ones? On what link? I might have to steal that from you..... :)

• illinoislady
    edited October 2013

• illinoislady
    edited October 2013

Cammie, I put this on the Older Women's Forum, but I read what you wrote and wanted you and all the rest of the ladies here to have it as well.

You are not up to the 'detail' work of trying to figure out pictures and other things right now. Just leave it till you get back to yourself. I'm sorry you are going through a rough patch again. All this stuff like dirt and dust bunnies and even funny chickens will wait till your feeling more up to coping with it all. You are loved about and cared about by a whole lot of people..........just because you are you.

Chevy...I burped and my tool bar is back. I don't know --- it is just one excitement after the other.

4sew-what....glad to see you are having fun with the pictures you can make appear. Feels good after the long tedious road trying to get picture inserting accomplished. Good, good, good for you.

Back to work that has been waiting while I tried to get my tool-bar to find its way back home. Out on a 'toot' I guess.

See you all sometime.

Lilli

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Hi, Phyllis had ultrasound of right breast and axilla at MD Anderson today. Found a node. Bx'd. They ran pathology immediately and gave her the results. IT"S NEGATIVE. YAY. She wanted you all to know. She's taking a nap after the adrenaline rush. Best to you all. She hope's everyone's doing good and sends Hugs! sassy

• illinoislady
    edited October 2013

I can't keep up here as most of you but wanted to say yay Phyllis for the negative node. I'm positive in this case it's a good thing when they are negative.

Lilli

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

LILLI ---wHAT------POSITIVE NODE -wHATUP? dID WE MISS SOMETHING.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Cami, go up to the very top of the screen where it says http// community.breastcancer.org/forum etc. There is a spyglass, then a little down arrow, then a square box jaggedly cut in half , then the refresh icon. Click on the little box that is jaggedly cut. Your tool bar should appear over the "post a reply" box at the bottom of the page. Once the tool bar is there we will all help you with the rest. :)

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Lilli very , very nice thought in the pic:)

I'm so excited, Do you all realize it's been about FOUR pages today trying to help each other find out to solve stuff. STFU that's TEAMWORK!!!!!

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

teimage