Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

6e1e93f2

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

OMG what's going on=I'm like sleeping and I can do things in my sleep

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited October 2013

Mostlymom. Your pic that didn't pic, just wrote what it was. That's the same as us writing "(smiley face inserted here)", (wink with smiley face inserted here) :). These are all making me laugh so goooood. Great morning wake up. MM glad to see you back. Must have gotten all those kids back in school?

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

YooooooooHOOOOOOOOOOOO Cami found Chandler YAY!!!!!!!! Should we know the other guy?

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

OMG, OMG!!!!!

Cami back in the picture business and paragraphs too. What ever will we do if it starts spell checking her too???

Going to be a good day for sure!!!! It's Recockulous!! :0)

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2013

OH MY GOD!!!! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS calls for a .........

image>

This is really a time to celebrate Recockulous!!! Is that actually a word? It sounds mighty questionable!

image>

I am sooooooooo happy! Cammi you've been "Chromed!" That HAS to be it! Did you use Chrome? You do better in your SLEEP than you do awake!

Proud of you girl! Who IS that guy you keep posting? Where did you find HIM....??? Did he come with your Recockulous whatever? xoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

Well Damnit! The 2 pictures weren't THERE!

image>

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

image style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif;">image style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif;">It's no use.... my picture posting has been taken away.... I give up! I'm so bummed!

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

WHAT the HELL????? This calls for another cup of coffee! This is recockulous!

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Chevy

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Work of the day....Recockulous!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Or is it this kind of day???

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Okay Chevy, I'll have coffee with you. We are paragraphing, picturing, recockulating. "It's a Hell of a day at sea, sir!". Poor Shells, I'm sure she was/is hoping for spell checking. But if we had spell check, we wouldn't have "recockulous".I hope it enters the lexicon.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,265
    edited October 2013

image unselectable="on">

Lilli

• illinoislady
    edited October 2013

First one just didn't come through and only left the little box too. It is getting a lot of us.

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Folks, not to put a damper on things, but this story about an army Ranger, will make you cry, and at the same time touch you in an immeasurable way.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/16/army-ranger-believed-to-be-unconscious-salutes-during-purple-heart-ceremony/?intcmp=latestnews

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

That is a touching story. I am puzzled though as to why they would do a ceremony for him when they thought he was unconscious? Why not wait until he was awake? Really sad but at least he will be here for his baby

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited October 2013

Sassy - It has entered the lexicon at least in some circles (and evidently those in which Cami travels!).

From the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary - Recockulous

(adjective) : extreme form of ridiculous

From the Urban Dictionary - Word coined by 'Loveline' radio show host Adam Carolla after show producers received complaints that he was using the word "d**k" on the air. Producers suggested he use the word "Cock" instead. Carolla, mockingly concerned about overemphasizing the "dic" syllable in ridiculous, began saying "Recockulous" instead.

Recockulous things you never knew.

• illinoislady
    edited October 2013

4sewwhat....un-conscious people can hear, they just can't respond. Also, though I've haven't read the piece yet, sometimes we do things that make us feel better ( at least in a small way ) about what may be going on with someone else. Now I'll go read the piece....probably should have waited, but I'm often inpatient.

Lilli

ETA: Ok, I did read it and apparently he was not deeply un-conscious, however, we do maintain an ability to hear.

He is truly a hero. As are all the brave men to are a part of the military.

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Lilli, I know unconscious people can be aware of what is going on around them, the timing just seemed funny to me. That's all I was sayin'!

My DH was on subs in the Navy. I have a lot of respect for those willing to serve and give us the freedoms we enjoy and most take for granted and some take advantage of.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

4.... RE: Hargis's ceremony. By history the Purple heart is awarded in a more rapid -quicker time than the other medals, it is for injuries that are combat related. It's easier to document the injury. Bedside ceremonies are common. This I know you know, just stated it for completeness of thought. Secondly, the fact that he was unconscious on a respirator, tells me he was at higher risk for dying from his injuries. Since his prognosis was/is questionable, I could see that the Brass chose to honor him while alive versus post mortem. Since he was able to salute, tells me they didn't have him in a chemically induced coma which is commonly done with Diprivan (properfol-sic?) OR the Docs chose to lighten up on the drip with the thought that he may hear what was occurring. I think they chose to lighten up on the Diprivan. It's almost impossible to keep someone on a respirator in the acute phase of being on a respirator with out them fighting the control of the respirator. I'll reheck the pic. to see if he had a tracheotomy or a tube down the nose/throat. But thought flash as I write. The fact that he fought the hand of the doc tells me, the doc was likely thinking he was going for the tube when he was fighting to raise his hand. (Shivers). This story goes to the heart of what a soldier is, it will become iconic within the Services. Will it last with the general public, time will tell.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Littlegoats--Recockulous ---cool!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

I thought it was incredible that at the precise moment he saluted! I used to live near several bases and spent time at the military hospitals. Those are some very dedicated and inspiring people that you meet there.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

4.... There was a story about Elizabeth Dole awhile back. After spending time with her husband in a military hospital in New England, she saw what difficulties the families went through. The Veterans are cared for, but she saw that the families were in the lurch. She started a foundation to provide support. This link is to the foundations web site. Pass it on if you know of someone in need :)

http://elizabethdolefoundation.org/#sthash.TeRHgovx.dpbs

Is DH still in the navy?

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Teka, Guessing, BUT they likely discussed that the ceremony would coincide with a trial of lightening up on the drip to evaluate his response. Diprivan puts the patient in such a deep coma, that improvement cognitively or respiratory independence can't be evaluated. The usual modis operandi with a chemically induced coma is to evaluate all physical parameters for improvement, then lighten on the drip, evaluate as I said. If the patient response indicates that the patient is ready to come off the respirator, then it's done by a very specific protocol. If it's determined that the patient response is not meeting criteria for removal, the chemical induced coma is resumed.

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2013

vdghdhhsffedxbcgksbdj!!!!!!!!rofl,rofl! Cammi, you are the BEST! Okay, now that I said that, we should discuss how you happen to have such extensive knowledge of my penal record. Do you get info on me from your extensive government contacts? I know you write to them a LOT. As for me being on the "hole", recockulous! Bahahahaha! I was in solitary confinement where we get fluorescent light 24 hours a day and toilet paper. I made TP flowers for the warden and Big Alice. The warden probably wiped his behind with his, but I know BA treasures hers. Good thing my lawyer sprung me before she made another a marriage proposal.

I am not going to read the story about the soldier. I am already on meds to keep me from turning into a waterworks whenever someone even says hello to me. I'd probably drown if I read that.

Love you all.

P

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Teka, That doc was holding Hargis's hand for the very reason that I mentioned. They didn't say that there was someone on the other side doing the same, but there was. The attempt at pulling the tube is the most common reaction when the patients level of consciousness raises. It's actually a very tense moment for staff as the patient is trialed, b/c if the tube is pulled prematurely, lots of trouble can follow. That's why docs, nurses, respiratory therapists are all at the bedside when the patient is trialed. plus, all emergency equipment.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Phillyconnectedtousagain YAY