Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited October 2013

Re: hair chalk--reposting from Bonfires cuz Cami started it all. We have Sally's hair salon supply place, that's open to the public, don't know if its a national chain. "Hot Huez" has 4 colors and then "Beyond the Zone" has individual colors. Along the way someone suggested using artist chalk--I remember a salesperson at target. They did it with their daughter. They were able to get a whole palette of colors for a lot cheaper. There is a liquid type, I tried it once didn't wash out for days. sassy

Edit to add: Littlegoats posted that it is a national chain.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited October 2013

Sas- I have purple hair chalk for my silver/gray hair....we Have Sally's around here.....2 within five miles of each other.....hubby and I love their brand purple shampoo great for silver or blond hair.

who ever has the ear wax problem????....saw this today:

http://www.eversave.com/online/beautyko-llc-3;jsessionid=233CD70D0B6E43B4EDA6057D89009651.app18?sourceid=75488

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited October 2013

hey Chevy at least you posted a picture. I don't even know how to post a picture from my IPad.. Got no clue!!!! One of these days I will get on this site on my laptop and see if I can post one from there...

Cindy AKA Squishy

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013

Morning hooligals.

You have been very busy you wicked things. Like Philly and Crogcan't believe thenumber of pages this morning.

Gma sending hugs. Chickeegirl hope rads go well with you.

Cami, Chevy, Ducky just no comment, you shock me with your antics hehehe, don't believe a word I say. Really wish I could have met you all. found this this morning

4 we love you because you fit right in with the nuts who come here.

hi Sassy chooky

Bug hugs no that's not right Big hugs

• sandcastle
    sandcastle Member Posts: 289
    edited October 2013

4sewwhat......YOU...are right so sometimes....but not often the other threads can be filled with just ONE bad apple and BANG!! On another thread there is a person who thinks she is a Doctor....but I bet they got their license at SEARS!! Wish this person would stop giving people advice...THERE...I said it...Liz

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited October 2013

imageFor Chevy.....lol

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited October 2013

Liz......said it too, and got my hands slapped by the Mods........careful......however you are right.....ever heard the saying.........When your, your, own Doctor you have a fool for a patient........watch this get deleted too..........

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

ewwwwwwwwww......friggin gross"..........

• sandcastle
    edited October 2013

Ducky....I only spoke the truth......really.....they would delete that......Good Lord! Liz

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

Trust me.........

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

EWHHHHHHHHHH Chickie, I'd always tell the students and new nurses to put gloves on when checking feet.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited October 2013

Lol....actually my toes are dark purple polish right now!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2013

So, moving ON!

MY God Chickers, I know those are not your toes...Ha! Silly girl! You sent a picture of them, one time when you were getting chemo, I think! Those were so cute!

I don't have pretty toe-nails...:) I froze my feet once, when our folks abandoned my brother and I on an ice field when we were abouit 8 or 9. actually we were up on Inspiration Point, when it was about 10 below zero, sledding! Well they thought someone else was picking us up.... After about 2 hours, we just got tired, and too cold, and didn't know what we were going to do! I remember looking at this car, parked there, and just wanted to knock on the window, and ask if I could sit in their car.... but I was crying, and the tears were frozen to my tiny cheeks! I made that part up!

3 hours later ...... finally our neighbors came and picked us up.

I was almost frozen stiff! They put us in a tub of cool water, to warm us up! Well, my toe-nails fell off, and never grew back right..... sniff....sniff. So ANYway, that's why I used to glue those artificial toe-nails on them! And I lived happily ever after. :)

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,265
    edited October 2013

I'll probably get the word font in here or even worse as I want to post something:

This is for all of you ladies, but in particular those who are having a hard time with others making them miserable.

“What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?”

George Eliot

When others are doing things that upset you and you know in your heart you did nothing to deserve their behavior then leave it with them. Give those people back to themselves so they can live with someone who is perfect in every way.

As for me, I love my imperfections. It means I have more to look forward too, and it also means that I'm not in a huge minority but have plenty of people to share good things with, to enjoy, to speak too on a lot of subjects and along the way be able to allow them to prop me up when life is not so great and to return the favor in kind.

Anyway......take heart.... you are ok and you will stay ok and you two ( just from what little I read ) are deeply appreciated. Take a big win because you really deserve it.

Lilli

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Alyson, Daffy Duck pic is so true. When Dh and I were diagnosed effectively together(3 months apart), Our conversations could be really strange. We used two words differently than there standard definition. 1 Tourettes---used to interrupt a conversation to say whatever it was that we kept forgetting. 2. Splat-----you know when you just lose track of what you were saying. Instead of saying I forget .... it was splat. Always made us laugh.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Nice Lilli :)

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Teka why am I getting on the perch. ? I'm there. Do I have really pretty colored feathers?

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Okey dokey I followed directions :) do I get a treat?

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

HUH where? Edit; Now you got me, I looked back 8 pages. No one called you a hen turd, but I will if you want me too.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited October 2013

Chevy - I gave up the chocolate coke. I'm having - yes I am - a vodka coke with whipped cream vodka. I have massive cooking to do tomorrow. My own fault. Dinner for SS member and I always go overboard but I don't think so many signed up. Want them to have some leftovers. But DH and I will eat off of it as well so I will accomplish more than just that. Making baked chicken (DW only will eat chicken), pork ribs, buttermilk scalloped potatoes, green beans, cornbread (mix) and a better than sex cake. Just came in from grocery store. DH is gonna have a cow at what I spent but some is stockpile food. Seems I think we're going to have a food crisis. I've tried to remember if as a child I was EVER hungry and don't so don't really know where this come from. Insecurity in general I guess. I could be snowed in for a couple of weeks with no problem.

I know some of you prob. read this on other threads. Hit a deer with DH's truck on Tues on way to Bible study. It was a nice buck, I think I remember antlers. Towed to Ford dealer; 2 weeks to repair. Thank God ins. did not total it out. It is 10 years old but only about 96,000 miles. Sweet lady drove me home where DH was napping and didn't hear phone. Blessing of living in a small town. If I was driving my little Equinox rather than his F-150 I might have had a deer in front seat.

Quatre - (French for 4) - Stay! That's an order. Been there myself on another thread where my butt chewed out by PM and never returned. Shame because good buddies on there but just won't do it. Life is too short for that horse hockey nonsense. Lives have enough drama just living with what we have.

I have got to gripe to someone. I'm tired of hearing that "dry eye" and "varicose veins" are "diseases" on the darn TV. I'll give them a disease, they can have mine any old day and I have the dry eye and varicose veins too. So there, I've gone and griped to you. STFU moment.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited October 2013

goat lady, glad you weren't hurt.

I hear your gripe and add one of my own. If I hear or read "things to do to PREVENT breast cancer" I'm going to explode. Nothing prevents cancer except never being born...now I'll STFU

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2013

Luv - dinnet sounds wonderful. Can I come?

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

I'm in too! What time are we eating? I'll cook next time :-) I am baking right now. 4 sheet cakes for High School band at Home Coming.

• di2012
    edited October 2013

we need pics of the cakes 4

• Tomboy
    Tomboy Member Posts: 2,700
    edited October 2013

i want some sex cake

• di2012
    edited October 2013

Goat lady....sure glad to hear you are still a goat lady and not a deer lady!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited October 2013

Yes - the cake. But I'm not sure I can say the name to my SS members. Anyone got a more PC name for it? Devils' food cake with pour over of Eagle Brand milk/caramel topping, Cool Whip and toffee bits. I also found a cake called better than Robert Redford but it really did not look that appealing.

GG - your turn is coming soon. When is retirement?

Quatre - Cake pictures needed.

Kitchen is open for anyone who shows up.

• duckyb1
    edited October 2013

Can I have the "sex"........someone else can have the cake part.............LOL....I'm wTching my weight....

• sandcastle
    edited October 2013

OMG!! I, made that cake years ago....in the 70's .... Almost better then Sex Cake.......good cake....Liz