Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited October 2013

GG....did you drop cover and hold at 10:17AM?

I didn't!

for the '65 quake I was in a library and the books were flying off the shelves and big old wood tables were moving across the room and I ran like hell to get out of there and down a couple flights of stairs!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,265
    edited October 2013

I make a pretty similar cake with Butterfinger candy bars.................It never lasts long.

Lilli

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited October 2013

I bought chopped up Heath milk chocolate toffee bits in the baking aisle. BlueBell ice cream has a new flavor out with chopped up Butterfingers in it. I need to put another 1/2 gallon in freezer in case it's one of those short-term flavors. Carton doesn't say it is but store only had 1 carton today (worried frowny face) and no room at present in freezer anyway.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

Oh luv all that food and cake--we'll all be there for sure-if u call it better than anything cake--it wll just be implied.

Yes and pictures too, 4 is good at pics, but I don't know if luv is. So we get to see 4's cakes at least.

But actually the way I feel I could have an old candy bar and it's better than sex, so I can't judge on that one, but I don't remember that cake over the years---every few years a certain cake becomes populr then another so I'm sure I've had it (the cake that is) but memory is clouded.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,265
    edited October 2013

Better than whatever your putting on it cake....looks something like this one Cam.

Lilli

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited October 2013

Yes - the picture. Don't think I've ever made it b4. Calls for mixing Eagle Brand and caramel sauce together and pouring over, I think, warm cake with holes poked in with wooden spoon handle. Will be interesting. I never make sweets; just DH and me here. I hope I can split cake between 2 8x8 pans - one for them and one for us. It's only the 2 of them also. Cake might be a little short.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

Lil goats, if you are using a cake mix it will split well into two 8 inch rounds. If you use 8x8 squares it will probably be a little thin. Also if you use half milk, half water and go with 3 eggs then bake at 310-320 degrees it will be like a moist pound cake and bake level instead of rising up and getting that hump in the middle. You need to bake longer but the outcome is well worth it.

• di2012
    edited October 2013

Ate a few mini snicker bars today (trick or treat),,,,waiting for my doc or nurse call me back today (I emailed once last Fri and then called Mon, Wed and today on nurses' direct extention....left message as I wanted to know the results of my labs, then finally called the receptionist to find out if they were on vacation (labs were on Oct 9....and has already been paid by medicare...shocked cuz the gov't closure!)

I was beginning to worry as I when I found out I had breast cancer....it took her a few days to call me and tell me to arrange for a BS (I already knew because the diagnostic doctor told me I had cancer).....

labs not good...still anemic....need B-12 shot (I take 5000mcg daily sub linguially)...WTF!!! thyroid low...

WHY DID THEY WAIT.......NOW she wants to see me for a follow up appointment...she is off on Fridays.... I tried to schedule online, and I will follow up with office tomorrow......to make sure I do get an appointment.

DAMN!!!

1 yr ago Sat is when I had my not normal Mammo 2 spots....then 2 days later the breast core biopsy and the next day, 1 (of two) eye cataract surgeries (previously scheduled a week apart) and then a stereotactic biopsy a week and a half later(FIRE!!...hated being shot in the boob and not being able to move).....that was on Nov 14 (almost a month of waiting)

Di

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited October 2013

Di12......I remember that ready, aim, fire.........I felt like beating the shit out of the Radiologist who put in the wire to mark the tumor location, and heard him say....oops....missed the spot........I said..."well you miss this time, and I am going to kick you in your balls, so you can see what pain is".......he got it perfect.....

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

This is a cake I did last weekend for a baby shower! I'll show more cake pics soon.

• camillegal
    edited October 2013

Hahaha Ducky u sound like me I say I might not be able to move but my hand is so close u hurt me and I hurt u. hahaha Now have mostly women Drs. I can't threaten them.

Lillie that cake looks yummy--and Luv --4 knows all about baking so listen to her and it's be just fine.

• di2012
    edited October 2013

ducky....it is really too bad more women are involved in inventing testing devices.....ready..aim....FIRE is almost inhumane!

I was a newborn hearing screener in a LDR unit of a hospital and the baby during testing need to be sleeping or still for the test....duh....babies move inside mamas, why would they stop moving outside the uterus....I am sure a childless MAN designed this!!

I was only PAID whey a baby passed the test, as if it was my fault some babies were deaf or still had amniotic fluid in their ears when tested

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2013

sure you can Cami! Bet they still have boobs, get 'em there!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited October 2013

yes, and the Ape who had to spread the dye for my sentinel node biopsy before surgery.......got injected first by a very gentle Doctor.......then this 350 lb Gorilla came in and said......" Your not gonna like this", and proceeded to push my right boob clear thru to my Spine............this went on for 20 minutes.......finally I said........"if you don't stop right now........when you do, I will beat the shit out of you just for shits and giggles, and then walk right over your dead body..............she said....."are you threatening me".............I said " no, I am making you a promise"............. She stopped........the surgery was the easy part........

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

I found a car for Chevy!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013

She might like this one as well. But not a chevy

• Alyson
    edited October 2013

Or this one

• Alyson
    edited October 2013

And we can all travel in the chicken limo

• di2012
    edited October 2013

LOVE all the yummy cake pics....Beautiful!!!(although cakes are rarely in our house)

I love the darling CHEVY vehicles!

Di

• camillegal
    edited October 2013

Ducky I laughed out loud with that one. hahaha---I bet she moved fast out od the room.

K Chevy will like all those cars but she can only have one---she's sleeping right now--as usual but I bet she'll pick the first one cuz it's yellow she thinks yellow jello shimmers while it shakes. She can see it better and beside every yellow car can be seen a mile away and u need to see her a mile away to get out of her way. Like I said she's sleeping now so it matters not what I say. I'll just hear about it in the morning. LOLOh boy will I hear about it.

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Alyson! Good Friday Morning!! Love the Limo! That calls for a night out on the town :-)

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

HI Ducky! Like the way you handle the docs and nurses! I have been lucky and haven't run into too many idiots. I usually have them laughing and rolling their eye since they all think I am certifiable! Oh, wait..................

• Alyson
    edited October 2013

Friday night here 4, so a good time to hit the town, trouble is I don't have the energy. I do love the limo.

What are you all doing up at this time anyway. Isn't it past bedtime in your part of the world???? You better be behaving yourselves!!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Hi Di! I will post some more cake pics as soon as I figure out how. I am good with grabbing stuff off the net, but getting my own pics from the computer never seems to work for me. DH is in bed sick with a fever and sinus/ear crud so I won't annoy him with that until tomorrow!

I also concur that if more guys were involved in the testing things would be different. Told my doctors that I bet if we were discussing cutting off, rebuilding and then tattooing their anatomy the process might be different and have better solutions!!

Sucks about having to wait on your doc's office too. Hope they get that taken care of for you soon. Waiting is the worst!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

What time is it there Alyson? I wasn't sure how far ahead you were?

• Alyson
    edited October 2013

5.30 on Friday night. I know the time in your part of the world because my daughter lives in Ontario and have my aunt in PA so the time is on my computer. When do you end daylight saving?

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

November 4th I believe. I don't really like the time changing and it really messes with the kids. AT least in Autumn we get that "extra" hour of sleep. Or the bars are open an extra hour!!!

• Alyson
    edited October 2013

Found this

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Cami,

It's good to hear you sounding like you are feeling better! And yes, I am sure Chevi will give you an ear full after she goes egg stea...I mean, procuring!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

ChickaD,

Rads will be a breeze1 I am 15/33 today and so far nothing to speak of. Stinks going every day, but the techs and I always have a good laugh! I had 2 guys today. I know that bothers a lot of the ladies but I couldn't care less. If at least one person doesn't want to check out the Foobs every day I just don't feel like I have had a productive day! I will have to suggest those Marti Gras Beads to the techs though. I already asked for Star Wars music and a laser light show!