Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,893
    edited October 2013

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

This card is a repost from a couple of other threads. Fredntan created the card. Is that cool or what. I'll bring back her directions on how to do it.

fredntanVAJoined: Aug 2011Posts: 1,568

2 hours ago fredntan wrote:

i created a someecard

if you go there just search under

cry for help cards

2012 komen financial

i cant copy and paste on my tablet

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

Alyson I am so truy sorry for u'r loss and the family--This is a beast and u have every right to be sad--it's a sad disease and altho we make fun the bottom line is we have all experienced ot.And it is horrendous ((((HUGS))))) Ayson I know I can't be there but close u'r eyes for a second and feel my arms around u.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

Whoa all the chattering going on and Chevy I can not figure out my computer now or my new TV world it's excrutiating (sp) yes I know but at least I know the words.

Chevy see what u started Chicken cakes, chicken cars-chicken stuff I't all u Missy not me everyone is on u'r beak oopps on u'r A$$ so I need say nothing everyone has discovered u'r real self--It's all about chickens.

But u are right we do have our BCo to come to when we want, anytime of day or night and it has been a wonderful place for me and so many others, some people aren't comfortable with every subject and that's fine there are soooo many that u have to find some to go to for help or just plain talking. And I find myself comfortable with the ones I've chosen, I read a lot first before introducing myself and did shy away from the Stage 4 ones, but I enjoy the ones I have picked, and thankful for all of u.

Phylorads are u home yet? or just popping in? I want to know u've been quiet for so long, well we know why, solitary is rough.

Chicky u haven't been talking much lately--how are u feeling?

Sas BTW u'r one of the few that get my silly humor.

OK it's time to rest haha like I do much else, but I accomplish more than u think cuz I plan for everyone else why I rest. and Chevy u finally had snow---wow it's a comin.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited October 2013

Alyson, Hugs to you and your friend. You're right, this is a terrible disease. (((((((Alyson)))))))

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited October 2013

Hi Miss Cami....chemo and rads this week kinda just making me tired...sleeping a lot...just lazy..lol...also my neuropathy in hands and feet are really getting to me...och

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited October 2013

Quatre - I did not thank you for the cake instructions yesterday. I had a "pudding in the mix" Pillsbury mix (cheapie me it was on sale for $1) which already called for 3 eggs. I split it between 2 81/2" pans. The mix of warmed caramel/Eagle Brand soaked in well and topped it with Heath bar chips. Theirs has been in refrig. all day. I cut a piece of ours; good but not ravingly so. I still have Cool Whip to top it with but cake is to top of pan. DH says it's good like it is - he's not a fan of CW. So maybe I will just take it like it is. This was on AllRecipes with 800+ reviews. Lots of edits on making it better. I'm sure SS member will be happy. Have yet to make cornbread (mix) and steam green beans but other things either done or almost. Need to put on bit of makeup and find some decent clothes. Hope you had a good day.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

I have had a good day and you :0). I have been decorating 4 large homecoming cakes today! About to go delivery after the parade traffic dies down. Your dinner sounds yummy! Have a great night.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited October 2013

Lost my long post earlier,p'd me off so I quit. Had a fun trip to the fair, even though google maps got me lost. Went to east bumfuct, Egypt and back only to find we went 20 miles out of the way to get on the interstate hotel we were only 5 minutes from in the first place.Arghhh. The fair was fun, saw dancing bears and pig races, along with the best fried donuts ever. Didn't get to the zoo, it was raining, so just came home and took a long nap. Did get into the fair free though, it was people with disabilities day. C has to have some perks right?

• luvmygoats
    edited October 2013

MaryoftheFair - My TomTom used to do things like that. Told me one time to turn L across a 4 lane boulevard with no crossover. I loved the thing when it would just give up on me (because I wasn't following it) and it would just say U-turn when you can. Then it would figure out the route I was taking. Those things seemed programmed for the worst ways to get anywhere.

Glad you had a good day at the fair. Humm - dancing bears. I see dancing bears too sometimes without going to the fair. (Wink-Wink). Sorry the rain kept you from the zoo. :(

Dinner delivered to SS member. I'm beginning to hate deer. This SS member badly injured in deer collision and I had 6 - yes 6 of the buggers - cross the road in front of me. Of course it was dusk and I know the worst time to be out. But home again jiggety-jog with our dinner in the oven finishing. Baseball game on tonight. Going to my comfy chair.

• ChickaD
    edited October 2013

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited October 2013

Beloved friends, I celebrate you - you are ohana.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited October 2013

Yes, indeed, we are family-not of blood but of choice/fate.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013

• shellshine
    edited October 2013

You Too!!

• shellshine
    edited October 2013

Shut up Cammi - you too, Chevy.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2013

Oh good Lord, it's that animal again! That has to be the WORST butt in the world! EEEeeeks!

Shells, put that on as your desk-top, or screen-saver, and see how fast you change it, Ha! Front of those monkeys isn't any prettier, either. That pic is probably the ONE that I won't "save-as".....:) I wish we had smiley faces again!

Mary, your trip does sound like fun.... even though "she" got you mixed up! Last year we were going to the Flea Market with my Grandson from Orlando. Well, DD told us to go THIS way, and we did, but then failed to tell me to then hook a sharp LEFT! We should have SEEN you, we were ALSO in BFE! (I didn't know what the gals I worked with were TALKing about when I heard that one, but they TOLD me, and I cracked up!)

But DGS whipped out his ever so ready IPhone, and so this gal tells us to "turn left"..... (get off the f***ing highway) and then stay on that road (you stupid bitch) for another 5 miles! Actually I was really amazed! Couldn't believe THIS person knew where I was! Because I sure as hell didn't! GS just laughed! So we had a blast that day!

I just donated to this site..... You gals mean so much to me.... and I'm glad you are all here.... Yes Juliaanna, we ARE all family.

Cammi, you little lazy brat, wake up! And 4! You are usually causing trouble by this time! Oh wait! You have all that family stuff to do still!

Littlegoats! You see dancing bears? Ha, ha! They are passing a law here, something about keeping "little goats" in some county! So if I see you anywhere, just give a shout out! I told you we were driving around, and I saw a whole flock of them! So cute! Is it "herd" or "swarm"....or maybe "cluster"????? No, it's "gaggle of goats!"

Good Morning Alyson and Chickers! Everyone else is still in bed! Sleepy-heads, the whole bunch of them!

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

HELLLO HOOLIES AND CHEVY, I'm up had a GREAT SLEEP. sleep has been good for awhile now after years of insomnia or interrupted sleep. Didn't wake up once for 9 1/2 hours Yay. If the rest of the day is this good I'll mark it on the calendar. Everyone have a stellar day. Don't let any recockulously hard thing bother you today. :))))))))

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

If I slept that long Sass, it would mean I didn't drink a THING the whole day! How do you go all night, without getting up to go?

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Chevy I do usually get up, but last night I didn't don't know why. Just a nice sleep. I treasure them.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,265
    edited October 2013

Lilli

• luvmygoats
    edited October 2013

Amen Lilli. Time to refill the cup.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited October 2013

GG....2001 earthquake: I was in my car on Pacific HWY S just finishing my weekly therapy dog (with my dog Belle) visit to the elders at the Masonic Home health care center (now Landmark on the Sound)

http://www.landmarkeventcenter.com/home.html

.....I didn't really notice anything, except a few people were pulling over, but I kept going and saw the hwy roll and when I turned I noticed the light standard was swaying....when I pulled into my driveway my son and husband were standing on the lawn and the guys who were remodeling our kitchen and living room were standing hold on to their new truck....they thought it was going to turn over......very uneventful for me.

Sas-Yes I am seriously thinking of finding a new Doctor....in fact I had requested my medical records the same day I had my labs (oct.9) she didn't give me results....and did not tell me she wanted to see me, until I called 4 times and emailed once and talked to her nurse....now I have to wait until Oct 28 because she wants to see me ....I am anemic and is not because I of iron deficency...what does that mean?

I have gone two different ARNP practices....but was all about "beauty"....quit a few of ARNP practices springing up as esthetic/beauty/spa....Last year, (pre cancer DX) I had my rosacea from my face last year removed with laser at one ARNP practice and recently I had my cherry angiomas removed Laser from my tummy (amazing results) at another ARNP practice, so I now can put on my mardi gras beads and flash my foobs (insert wink).....never saw the ARNP at either practice.

• ChickaD
    edited October 2013

Morning ladies....yep I said morning...just got up...woohoo..must have just been a good night for sleeping...(Sas )

Tonight I'm going to a clambake...I hate clams...but this is my first real adventure out seeing my friends, etc

Have a good weekend!

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited October 2013

I love most clams....but never have tried gooey duck clams....OBSCENE!

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Di you've probably googled anemia by now, as you have likely found there are multiple sources for the problem. I'd start with my PCP. But if you don't have a PCP that you have faith in, ask for an appointment with an MO that is also a hematologist. In my Mo practice there are 7 docs. Each are MO's Plus another specialty. The senior partner as the practice enlarged planned this approach from the beginning. All bases are covered. It's the reason I chose the practice. MO's that are also hematologist are very common b/c of the commoness of the blood disordered cancers. Plus problems can be caused to the hemopoetic(sic?) works of the body by chemo and rads. So, looking for an new MO---find one that is Mo/Hematologist:). PM me with your CBC report or we can talk on phone. Hugs sassy

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2013

oh Di - you've GOT to have geoduck. It's absolutely the BEST. The neck not so much, I pressure cook it and make chowder (it smells really strong when pressure cooking, but the chowder is quite good after all is said and done), but the breastplate is divine. I slice it in approx 1/4" slices dredge each in flour, dip it in egg and then dredge it in flour again and fry it quickly in butter and OO, then serve it immediately. It's one of our very favorite dishes. But it takes a LOT of work to get it - or else a lot of money, as you can get it at Uwajimaya, but it's (last I saw) $22/lb live in the shell. And you throw away most of it - well, not most, but it seems like an awful lot when you're paying so much a pound. The shell and guts come to probably 1/3 of the overall weight. But you're a northwesterner - you've got to try Geoduck at least once in your life!!

I missed the 2001 quake. We were just coming home from Mexico when it happened. We landed in Phoenix and saw that every flight to Seattle was cancelled. The talking heads on TV made it sound like Pike Street had slid into the bay. At that time I was on the disaster recovery team for my company, so kept trying to get through to find out if I should rebook and fly to Philadelphia instead of Seattle, but could never get through. So finally when Sea-Tac was re-opened we flew home. We were prepared to see a disaster at our house, but it didn't look like anything had even moved. Work was a different story though - we were immediately moved into a different building, as the building we had been in was a disaster zone. I never went back into the building I had been working in. It's all rebuilt now, of course, but at the time it was closed for about about a year.

Two weeks to retirement. Today is my last ever overtime and this is my last ever on-call week. It's starting to feel real.... :)

Edited to add...

Shells - though we're still going to Hawaii in two weeks, we aren't going to be oh Oahu other than at the airport. We decided that we needed some serious downtime, so won't be visiting family at all. We're just jumping right over to Maui for the entire 2 and a half weeks. We'll be there sometime in the spring, though, so hopefully we can meet up then.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

I will take yesterday's mushrooms AND the baboon ass over today's clams!!!

Good Morning here too! Kids didn't even wake us. I have been keeping very late hours working and DH is sick and on antibios.

Going in search so coffee...........

• luvmygoats
    edited October 2013

I love seafood but clams not so much. Canned clam chowder OK. And this is coming from someone who ate sashimi and abalone as a child. Did I tell you we have a sushi bar in our little grocery which is rapidly becoming a mini Albertsons (not a bad thing). It is all cooked none raw which might be d/t town health management.

Yay GG - 2 more weeks. I was on call Sat. my last weekend. Worked all that Saturday and was called out at 1:30 am Sun. for a pronouncement. I was overjoyed to leave. Like I said I'll eat beans and rice the rest of my life if needed. The twin to our house around the corner has gone up for sale. Well, not quite twin. Ours has garage turned into den and totally remodeled kitchen (thank you Lowe's) and bit more acreage. Saw pics online of interior but noticed no pics of the tiniest bathrooms I've ever seen. I crack up at Yahoo stories about tiny BRs - they need to see our 2. LMBO at the price they're asking. Don't know if I have the cojones to go to open house there. DH says if it sells quick will indicate they got asking price. Not so sure; elderly couple I think gone to AL/NH but then again may need max $ for their support so they may hold out for it. Surely long paid off.

I have finished the pot of coffee I made at 6 am (couldn't get back to sleep) and may make a little more. Beeeutiful sunny day here.

Been watching cooking shows this am and the decorating commercials are too much for me - read that as extreme jealousy (Home Goods, Pier 1, new Target line). Must go accomplish something to stave that off. Have DH home for 4 days starting Monday though he will be painting outside.