Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited October 2013

OMG...a few hours missing and you gals have lost me again......

Miss Chabba....I want that lose weight drug!

Oh geez I have forgotten everything else already.....

Half way done with Rads today...YAY.  A bit burnt but hanging in there.....but still so tired.Snooze

My hand and foot neuropathy SUCK...increased my Neurontin again...nothing seems to be helping it.

Love to all of you!

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

Chicka D, ask your doc for Metanx. It is a fat soluble Vitamin B complex prescription used for Diabetic Neuropathy that they are now useing for chemo patients. Don't know if your insurance would cover it. Mine didn't because I was not diabetic. I did get a generic for around $40 a month. Also I have a "formula" of vitamins and supplements that I found for neuropathy and I took it through chemo and had very little trouble. My broken ankle the chemo fried and it is worse than when it was broken, but other than that I only ended up with slight tingling in 3 toes on my other foot. I will be happy to share, just have to find it!

Yeah for half done with rads! I am 21/33 today. Over the weekend I saw some light brown spots. Stupid me I scratched at one and started bleeding. Other than the couple of spots though holding up pretty good. You could ask about Melaluca (sp) oil, (Tea Tree). It works great for burns.

One more thing my LE therapist suggests is taking an old t-shirt or piece of flannel and soak it with aloe then drape it on. That way you don't have to rub and it isn't more irritating!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Saw this and it made me think about how you ladies are all looking out for each other!

Didn't hurt that it was eggs either!!!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited October 2013

Thanks for the pms and call Sas, Im doing ok, did chemo today,but don't think its doing any good, since Im getting more new stuff on my chest wall and a new lymph that wont go down. See mo thurs. but in the meantime just really blah and waiting for thurs.DevilThis is me on roid rage. Im so glad our little guys are back. Wedding is a week from Sat. Im ok though just more of a lurker these days.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013

I'm not on the list because I didn't often come here when It was done. That's fine because most of the time I really feel invisible.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited October 2013

That's how I feel Alyson, INVISIBLE..

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Thanks for checking in Mary! Hopefully that chemo is doing something good! There are lots of other meds around too so maybe something else might work better. Wishing MO has good news or alternatives for you. I never had roid rage or even got wound up from them. I could take them then take a nap! I got other crappy SEs though like terrible break outs and still have discolored skin from it.

Good Luck Thursday!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited October 2013

Veggy and Alyson, you sure aren't invisible to me!!!I miss you when you don't post...

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

I second that emotion!! I am not on that list either Alyson, but that's ok you are here now! I know things have been tough for you lately and I hope they are improving even if it is slowly. And Veggy you have had a tough road too but always manage to hang in there from what little I know.

You are not invisible here ladies! A lot of people count on hearing from you!

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited October 2013

Alyson and Veggy,

I hope you feel invisible because you want it that way(?) or am I being inconsiderate Sad?

I do notice when you don't post here.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited October 2013

4 studying mutual funds---advisor since 1986 retiring---need to put money someplace else. Ask me about hemochromatosis and I could go on for hours. Ask me about money, itty bitty, but enough knowledge that I know I have to get more knowing to make a decision. Sorry for those that have bills. I know you're saying wish we had her problem. Grew up financially devastated as a family b/c of polio. Life always threw the shoes in different directions. This money is the rainy day money. Never been touched. Always lived with the life feeling that the next shoe would drop. Everyone here knows that feeling now, but may have not known it life long. Afraid of making a wrong decision.

All things are relative, I once talked with a co-worker that complained of knee pain. On and on. She had never experienced pain except with childbirth. I looked at her in awe. I'd never known anything but pain.

The bowling balls are b/c I have to know when IRA's and Roth's were opened. DUH---

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited October 2013

Allyinanothertimezone - Miss you when you don't post.

Veggy - Hugs sweet sister. Hope you are continuing to do well.

Anyone cooking dinner I will be right over. I just got in about 45 minutes ago. Long day in town, my fault. Saw the dorky orthopedist about my shoulder. He just had to take ax Xray of the shoulder/clavicle despite the fact I had in my had the CT and the bone scan reports. Tada - nothing there (kinda like my head these days). Sending me to PT. Gotta find out what ins. will cover. Continue my Advil. I think it was basically a useless appt, thank you very much. Did finally find a nice pair of black church shoes at DSW and only $35. Like them, black patent "leather" Ha Ha.

Hope we hear from/about Blondie.

Love the emoticons. Nerdy

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

OH Veggy Veggy  When we met on OMG it was so much fun. I learned very quickly ----give Veggy a lead line----In comedy that is a cue.... You always came through with the GREATEST pictures. Then Alyson came and she was another you. But life interfered and things changed. We had that one talk. It was like strangers in the night.  Both magpie's with nothing to say. But Babe you are not invisible. You are a whole lot to me. Many memories on how we pulled each other out of the basement.

You are dear to so many, you are dear to me. Love you sassy

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2013

Stupid chemo brain! Who ever it was that was going to use tea tree oil, DO NOT USE IT NEAT. Mix it with a carrier oil, almond, grape, olive. It can burn your skin

If you get itchey get rx for lidocaine, numbs the itch

ALA, alpha Lipoic acid, 600 mg may help with neuropathy.

• veggy
    edited October 2013

...and that's where I have been, in the basement. My DS#2 and me have gone through a number of tests. I have been a wreck.

4 is right on it with the pictures. IMO she's better than me.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited October 2013

Veggy - you just need to practice. How is DS#2?

• veggy
    edited October 2013

All his tests came back fine.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263
    edited October 2013

Yay, Veggy !!Winking

Lilli

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Veggy, Here I don't know how to bring you out of the basement, maybe I should go find those old words.. We locked those doors. Different basement, different monsters hiding.

Make pancakes. I could always tell when you were feeling better, you made pancakes.

I have found that when I'm feeling bad, pretending helps. I'm not sure how long I've known this. I think it is life long. Then there are moments, I can get through the next 10 minutes, then 5 minutes, then 1 minute. The difference for you right now is your son. You fear for him more than yourself.

What can we do to help you through this with DS?

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

YAY Veggy for DS , I was writing while you were posting YIPPIE WAHOOOOO!11111111111111

• veggy
    edited October 2013

Pretending and denial got me through waiting for the test results. But it doesn't answer why he collapsed. Maybe its a one time thing. He's 5'9" and 120 pounds. He eats a lot and doesn't gain.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Spookie-------last hand flare ( before this one) I used a tee tree oil that when I got my spyglass out and read the ingredients and then looked them up---STFU---the stuff was damn dangerous.. Ate my skin up.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2013

Veggy

About 12 or so years ago that happened to my nephew. Was playing basketball, went down during a game. Oodles of tests, nothing showed up. It never happened again. He's 41 now, he's fine.

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

my oldest is 6'2 and barely 125. Skin and bones. He is only 16, but I don't see a big change in his future he has always been that way. Can't find pants to fit because he is so tall and everything falls right off because he has no butt!

Spookie, thanks for the tip about the oil. I have used it before on small areas, but not larger ones. I have heard calendula is good too. Think I will try that or something with a mixture. So far no burns, but still have a few days to go.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Veggy PM

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Sas, we have our 401 in a balanced mutual with fidelity and it has been doing very well. This year it is at 12% but has never been less than 7%. It too is the only $$ we have set aside. With 4 kids to feed and life we live check to check and sometimes float checks for groceries the day before payday, so I know what you mean!

Good luck with the studies!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Veggy and Alyson, I wish I could say something to make you feel better. We all land in that basement every once in a while. Usually after a tumble down the stairs to get there.

I am not better at picture posting! Just tackier, right Chevy???

Hope you get to feeling better very soon. I think this time of year and the time change coming, etc has everyone in a little bit of a funk.

Take good care. Big Hugs and Prayers going out to you both.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013

And I have my tshirt on inside out and no-one told meSad

Ye Veggy. Pleased all is well.

Had lots of tests lately and even though I pretend its OK it does worry me. Trouble is I have severe RA and fibromyalgia which throws every thing and the doctors panic when something happens even though I know what it is. Suppose I should be thankful that they do check. Some days the pain really gets at me.

No more whinging must get back to my sewing.

• veggy
    edited October 2013

I can't find jeans to fit my son either... no butt. Have you tried adding lace to the legs?Winking

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Alyson, what are you sewing??? I need to dig my machines out and get back to work on some stuff. and BTW I wear my stuff inside out on purpose sometimes!

Veggie, I don't know about laces, but suspenders might come back into style for him!!! He also has a very concave chest. We were watching and hoping with age it would get better but it is worse than ever. Pediatrician told me 2 weeks ago to get him an appointment with a surgeon sooner rather than later and don't start any new exercises, etc. until we know what's up. I swear his sternum is only 2 inches from his spine. It is really scary so I know how you are feeling about your son. Great test results are that, great. But an answer would be nice too.