Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited October 2013

Miss Teka...what is a morgan horse?

Miss Aly....you rabble rouser..love it!

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited October 2013

I won the Betty Crocker Future Homemaker of America award in high school.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2013

Alyson, no way!

Teka, I've never seen one, but have heard about their gait.

Chick, nice ride!

Me, I survived 17+ years driving school bus no accidents, and I never strangled a kid.

• ChickaD
    edited October 2013

Miss Jules you little Martha Stewart you Happy

Miss Spookie..too funny!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited October 2013

Mary, in your pocket.

I was a deprived child. No horses -- not even any cats or dogs. Just fish :(

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited October 2013

I gave up a career in theater arts education when I met my DH.  I had a romise of a schlarship in theater for my Master's and PhD at Yale.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

Wow I am super boring in comparison! I made my wedding dress and led a protest to stop a cell tower being built on the playground at my kids elementary school.

• juliaanna
    edited October 2013

Teka, I spent every Sunday and Tuesday for 16 years cooking supper for members of my church..there were anywhere from 40-150 people and I did it for $2.50 a person. I was working on a BS in home economics but then found nursing. I felt blessed that I could follow both my passions.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013

I didn't say that I also went to Bible Class, sang in the choir, was a Girl Guide Leader (Girl Scouts) dyed my hair with henna, wore my dresses long (or short) same as my hair and had lots of fun. And yes I marched in student demonstrations - anti war, anti nuclear, anti apartheid, anti any thing.

• juliaanna
    edited October 2013

Go Alyson!

• ChickaD
    edited October 2013

Thanks ladies for playing....gotta go to bed because I'm falling asleep...can't wait to read new responses when I wake up...on Thursday....LOL

Peaceful rest to everyone......

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

Just woke up for a bit===going back to bed soon.

Mary I'll be there too--I don't want to outshine anyone as I usually do so I'll just come as MAXINE again--but don't worry I won't be to snippy.

Chickie I love that question, wow all the things everyone has done that we never would know--I could picture U ON A BIKE Chickie I love it---BTW that pic is beautiful. and

4 the other one has a different kind of beauty, Maybe I could get a job there. Honestly I can't think of one unusual or special or fun thing that I ever did, have done or would have liked to do--Woa I'm the true meaning of the word boring to all around me---Geeze how could I not have done something unusual or nice or fun all my life. Talk about being depressed Thanks Chickie for that question that just put me in the basement.Sad

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2013

Oh get out of the basement whiney girl! WTH happened to the print on your last post! I had to hold my nose almost on the screen to read it! But don't try and fix it, or we might lose it altogether... Now WATCH that happen to MY post! Cammi, the greatest thing you ever did, was just be you!

When I was younger.... WOW, Miss Alyson is our super-achiever...Ha! Did you go to Berkeley University?

When I was younger.... I wrote a book! It was called A Rose and a Glass of Beer! ( I think I might have told you all this.) About 500 copies were printed for the Distributors, and family and employees. DH had a few bikes when we were wild and crazy! Just sold the last one about 10 years ago! Thank God for little favors!

To continue bragging, I also sewed all my girls clothes.... (My MIL gave me material), and I would sew everything... baby clothes, and all their school clothes.... and even made 16 jump-suits for me to wear when I handed out samples of Pepsi at the stores for 10 year. Now I just crochet... MILLIONS of things.

Wren! I raised Angel Fish.... and sold the babies to the pet-shops! I LOVED my fish tank...s. I even had Sea Horses, and watched Betta's mate, and (shut up Cammi)

Juliaanna, that sounds GREAT! And you LOVED doing it! And you won that award! I won fastest runner one time on "Field Day" in Grade-school! But it was only a blue-ribbon.... sniff...Sad

Teka, I was so afraid of horses! My GF and I rode one of hers bare-back one day, and when we got off, he yanked my blouse right off of me...Ha! With his TEETH! And we were soooooooooooooooo sore, from riding bare-back, needless to say, I never did it again.... barely even WALKED again! I even had blisters on my butt!

Chickers! You Harley-ridin' little tart, you! I LOVED Harleys! That sound..... Just rumbled through your brain! I remember one time......I....... On never mind!

And 4 !!! You led a protest? TOO???? I wrote letters to whoever, when they wanted to start bussing the kids to school! I was panicked! We only lived a block away, and they wanted to "integrate" my girls! Well ALL of the kids! And take the away! Never to be seen again! Or heard from! Didn't pass! We won!

Spookie..... You DROVE a school-bus! Now that is commendable! Did you Duck Tape all the little kids? Just kidding....

But later on, when the girls were grown, it DID pass....

Chabba, but it might not have worked, right? You made a better life for yourself! You followed your heart. No regrets!

Oh wait! We have to hear what PhyllyworstofthemALL did! She must have done something BIG to get that ankle bracelet! Probably a regular Bonnie, of Clyde fame!

And Sass? What about Veggy.... and Shells? And no-tellin' what Ducky did! Ha!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Halloween pumpkin chock full of ghosts blows it's lid and let's the ghosts out

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited October 2013

HMMMMMMMMM what to say. I was a tom boy. Later on when Title 9 came in it was okay for girls to play sports. Before that it was considered a bit "Abynormal". I was the first girl to letter in three sports in history of my high school. :)Winking

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

image unselectable="on">image unselectable="on">image unselectable="on">image unselectable="on">image unselectable="on">image unselectable="on">imageimage

OH well, very Happy and scary pumpkins :)

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Good Morning or Evening depending on your perspective!!! Been trying to ketchup on 50 things this am. Not having great success!!

Cami, you tell us something interesting about you with almost every post! So WTH are you talking about Happy

Alyson, I sang in the choir and played in the bell choir as a kid. Would love to do the bell choir still, but sadly most churches don't have them anymore.

Spookie, bless you for the bus driving! I could not do that or the lunch room monitor! Especially now, most kids behave horrible and you can't do anything about it. Damn politically correct BS!

Wren, we had fish too. I am still mesmerized watching a fish tank. My parents went to Hawaii when I was a teenager and it was back when you could bring plants and stuff back with you. Well they brought back 2 styro coolers of tropical salt water fish. Then they got stuck at the airport in Denver trying to get back to Nebraska and they were worried the fish were going to freeze on the tarmac! That was also back when you had to walk up and down the portable metal stairs to get on and off planes even in the snow. Think you still do at those smaller airports? I defer to our resident mile higher!

Chabba, I have 2 kids headed down the drama path! My freshman just made it into the SR. Improv Troup. He would kick but on Who's line is it! Keep threatning to pimp him and his sister to Disney or somebody. I would make a crappy stage mom though!

Chickie, my DH rides, not Harley's though. He has Corner Marshaled at several races and taught the safety courses. He just got a new Ducati that seats 2. I told him I would go with when we were better insured or the kids were out of college! I do like to ride though.

Sas! I was the least athletic person at my school. Although I was a great swimmer. Used to do Swim for Heart and did 90 laps in an hour once. Raised a bunch of money. But I also broke a finger playing basketball!

Teka, I loved to ride. Haven't been for a while. Always wanted a horse. There is a place here up towards the mountains ( I know that is a laugh for you Rockies girls!) anyhow, they do a thing around the holidays where you go for a ride that leads to a bonfire and they you make s'mores and have hot chocolate. Going to try to do that with the kids this year. Hopefully it will be on a coupon again!

Julia, I do catering and cake decorating plus do tons of volunteer stuff cooking for school festivals and that kind of stuff. Biggest crowd I made lunches for 850.. Had to rent a refrigerated truck to store and deliver them!!

Chevy, a book! That's really cool. Maybe you could post a chapter? I think about writing something all the time, but never seem to get it on paper. My two oldest boys have both won writing awards for the county. My oldest won and art award too. It got auctioned off for charity and the bugger never even told me about it until it was too late, so I didn't get to buy his picture.

And yes, the county was going to put a HUGE cell tower right in the middle of the playground for money! I was invited to the meeting because I was PTA President and also starting the Foundation for the school. Another couple and I rallied a group and had meetings to inform everyone since the school wouldn't tell what was going on. I was a "mole"!!! I let everyone know what was happening, but I was not out picketing, although I would have, I didn't know they were going to do it. I was more useful on the inside!

OK Sorry if I missed anyone but I gotta run to get zapped! Then orthodontist and then costumes. UGHHH!

Happy Hump day everyone and here is some coffee!

• juliaanna
    edited October 2013

hey, Sweet Pea, how are you doing? Is Austin dressing up for Halloween?

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Chevy, yeah lots of stuff wrong. But the point was how the heck can I watch for s/s of something new. It's all survivable. Irritating, pain in the patutty. Latest thingy with the thyroid scare. I think now after more study, I developed a goiter b/c I was Iodine deficient. I wasn't eating and rarely rarely added salt. All the things that had iodine fortification I wasn't eating. Can't determine now b/c no baseline blood work for iodine was done. Goiters develop b/c of lack of iodine. Based on what i was eating I wasn't getting maybe none to itty bitty. Simple solution. Ignored b/c it was taken for granted. Even by my dear endocrinologist. Interesting lesson. Now repeated articles stating 1 tsp of Iodized sea salt. a day. These aren't alternative articles , they were evidence based.

• ChickaD
    edited October 2013

Oh Miss Cami...I did not mean to depress you..I'm sorry...just thought it would be a fun subject to discover new things about each other besides the BC thing in common.  And besides..I think you are amazing!

Loved hearing all the cool stuff you all do or did!

Off to my glow in the dark RADS appt.

• veggy
    veggy Member Posts: 4,150
    edited October 2013

I can't think of anything.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Okay veggy.......... In the dark of night, the wind was swirling....A light from the moon and then.............

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited October 2013

Gosh you guys are soooo interesting. I'm late for work but just had to get my morning fix.

I lived in 19 different houses / apartments by the time I was 19 - my dad was a Coast Guard officer and we moved every few years, but often had temporary housing until we got a more permanent rental. then when I was was 17 I moved about 7 times in the next 2 years! Also lived in the New Dorp lighthouse on Staten Island when I was 5 - 6 years.

In your pocket, sweetmary. What time is your appt?

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

WOW what a great finding in this question. Chickiboom I love this questtion

Oh Miss Author, Author is this typing better to read. U know I don't have a clue what I'm doing on here. But u are an author how wonderful I mean I can picture that u watched fish mate, but I didn't realize u wrote a book?

U all have such talents and all varied it's amazing cuz sometimes we just think of BC forgetting we have all, yes veggy, all in some way had other things in life to always be proud. And it really is interesting what all of u have done. Can't STFU on this one.

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

I'm not really an "Author".... But when I was working at Coors, the people we gave tours to, would ask questions, and I would always want to give them the right answers!

So I found our Company Library, and went nuts...! I mean EVERYthing was there! So I would check all these books out.... Read through them, and see what I could use, in explaining BEER! How it started, why, how, and what exactly IS Malting? And how do you change Barley into Malt! So the more I found out, the more I became interested! I even read "The Studies of the Enzymic Hydrolysis of Barley Endosperm During Malting"..... So I would write that information, and always include the book, etc. AND the Author of where I found it.

I interviewed Bill Coors, and we talked about Prohibition, and how he would use the kids from the School of Mines to work during the Strikes they had... They stayed in business by making Malted Milk during Prohibition! I learned about the Women's Temperance Union.... What the other Brewers did during that time.... and I loved learning about the family! How Adolph came here to this country.... started his little Brewery in 1873.... How one of his Son's was kidnapped and held for Ransom, but killed before they could pay it.

I loved seeing the two older Coors in the Elevator, when I started working there.... It's just that I was so proud, to be working "with" them! Pete and his kids were the best. 4 of his Daughter's worked in our department, giving tours, while they were in College, during Summer breaks!

So I wrote about the Family, how we made beer, and I thought how we made it better than anyone else. I wrote about what OTHER people and Brewers said about Coors. And I gave those books to the Family, Distributors, and employees.

When I retired after 18 1/2 years, my boss gave me 2 hard-bound copies they had made.... Then we all boarded a charter-bus and went up to Central City for Dinner and gambling....Ha!

The reason I named it "A Rose and a Glass of Beer" is because when my Grandmother was in Assisted Living, I was talking with her and this older couple at the dining room table. Mr. Renfro asked me where I worked, and I talked about my job. He said, he remembered going to Coors for a "tour".... and Mr. Coors...(I imagine it WAS Adolph the 1st.... He would give them all a glass of beer, and "present each of the Ladies with a Rose from his garden and a glass of beer"

So I just wanted to see if they could come to Coors, and I would give them a tour! I arranged their Van to take those who could go, even with walkers, and we took along a picnic! I gave about 20 of them a shorter tour, and we wound up in the Lounge, and my Supervisor said I could give all of the folks a souvenier glass from our gift-shop. We then went to our ball-field, and had our picnic, and as each of the Ladies was boarding the bus to go back, I gave them all a Rose..... I had stopped and bought Roses for all the women.

For the ones who could not go, I developed a slide presentation, of my tour.... I set it to music, and I narrated as we went along. After the show, I had brought a couple cases of beer for those who wanted it, and the Home served Lemonade for those who didn't want any....Ha!

And to this day, I do not like beer! I just can't get even one down.... I just loved the company, and the family.....HappyThumbsUp

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Picture on the left, can you tell what side I am having radiated!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

That's a really nice story Chevy! Think I told you I remember when they didn't sell Coors East of the Mississippi! Think it had something to do with brewing and shipping temperature. I like to cook with beer but not drink it. One time in college we were all broke and it was nickle draw night.................say no more!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Saw my RO today and asked him if he noticed anything wrong?

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Veggy,

I couldn't think of anything either and then one thing led to another. I am sure there are at least 1001 interesting things you can tell us. Some of the others might already know some of them, but us newbies don't know yet. In the meantime know we are all here to help you out of that basement!

This applies to your Pocket Party too Mary!