Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited October 2013

Chevy,

I shop at large Korean market and they have the blood there (yuk)not of the human kind, and they even have chicken feet packaged like they are a slab of steak.....lots of other stuff unknown to me, every kind/type of kimchi. The fresh vegetables are beautiful there and so is the fish and seafood....buy my seaweed there too. Never looked for ahi tuna steaks, but I bet they have that and I could try to TRY to make poke.

I love there calamari from their deli!

Off to the docs..............

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

Eeewwweeee!! Not a seafood gal here. Asian markets do have some unusual things though. My mom talks about the Blood Sausage they used to make on the farm when she was a kid. She buys it when she finds it. Yuck!

Good luck Di!

Missed you earlier Shells. Still trying to get all the names in my head.

I do post lots of places from time to time, but stick here consistently cuz you all put up with me! Other places I post is mostly to help the people behind me in treatment or the cold cappers. Try to keep up with the ILC threads too so I can either help or learn too. It can be hard to keep up with!

Sas, DH just boarded a plane headed your way. He will appreciate that weather!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited October 2013

Mods sent an email to Blondie:)

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

I hope she checks in soon or somebody can at least get an update.

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Hi April! I got side tracked yesterday, but meant to say "nice to meet you!". So sorry to hear about your MIL. My DH lost his mom to something that sounds very similar. We will keep a good thought and a prayer for her and your family too. Yup. The big C SUX all the way around, doesn't matter what kind it is.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2013

Di - do you shop at H-Mart? I go there some - not as much as I'd like to, but I know that I'll be going more once I get moved all the way. I LOVE the vegetable choices there - so many varieties and not very expensive.

As far as moving goes, Saturday I moved all of our coats and some other clothes. Some food (non-perishables). Then I painted in the master bath. I was sooooo stiff and sore that night. Retiring is going to be a good thing. I won't be sitting on my behind all day long anymore!!! I don't care if we are broke.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited October 2013

Saw my MO Friday.  He took me off Tamoxifen and put me  on Megestrol.  I've been on Tami for 3 years and have lost 50 lbs and I was underweight when I started.  I was a bit concrned when I read the package insert, It was all about treating anorexia, no mention of BC. When I Googled it the information focused on BC treatment.  I hope this helps with the weight loss, I do want to stop it this side of the grave!  And I do want to keep fighting the BC.

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Gumby, moving is so much work whether across town or across country. Sometimes I think cross country is better because you just have to do it all at once. When we moved cross town it seemed like it would never end! Hope you get settled in soon. Retirement is going to be great! I hope we see it someday. We are already broke!! Lol

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Good luck with the new meds chabba! I have never heard of that one. Isn't it ironic that those that can't afford to or don't need to are the ones that lose the weight? The rest of us that don't need it are the ones that keep finding it! Hope this works well for you :0)

• chabba
    edited October 2013

Thanks 4!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263
    edited October 2013

Just saying.....I do no cooking with blood and my intention is never to start. This I can barely imagine. Wow !!!

I guess I don't get out much, but in reality we have more Spanish and a few Chinese here ( very few of the latter ) though in all the big cities here I would imagine one could find the foreign markets. Its in the culture, but I think I'm too old to be appreciative of some of those things. The package of chicken feet could stay right where they were if it were up to me too.

Lilli

• Fighter69
    Fighter69 Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2013

Hi all I get it too people are very stupid like my eephews friend ssays to me my mom's hair is like yours but she shaves her headI says back to hrt well but i dint loose my hair from shaving it . silence hits rhe air and she says oh I KOW HO YOU LOST IT . SO HOWIS THAT HELPING ME SOMRTIMES PEOPLE AE JUST WACK ANYWAYS . WE ALL HAVE A STORY TO TEL AND MY HAIR HAS GROW IN VERY PRETTY i DITCHED THE WIGS OCE I SAW STUB. ALL O YOU ARE CORRECT AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Same goes for ham hocks and tripe or sweet breads in my opinion!!! When I was in college I was at a German friend's house. Her mom asked was I staying for dinner right before she pulled a giant cow's tongue out of a boiling pot and started to peel it.. I politely declined that invite!!!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263
    edited October 2013

urp --- gag, gag, gag.

Lilli

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

HI Fighter! Yup some people should just think then speak!!! Tell my kids that all the time. That and it is not always what you say, but how you say it! Glad to hear the hair came in so nice!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

He is cute with his tongue right where it is!!!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2013

Hey Fighter! Good to hear from you! Just don't pay any attention to any of these people who have no idea what they are saying....

My stupid friend once said, "Oh, you are taking Tamoxifen??? Now you will grow a beard!" It was an email.... and before I completely lost my temper, and wrote something HORRIBLE back to her, I just calmly wrote, "You dink! I am taking TAMOXIFEN since I had breast cancer, I am NOT taking Testosterone!" What a moron! She thought I would grow more hair, because I "had the hairiest arms when I was a kid".. And so therefore, those two drugs were the same...

Come to think of it, why am I still friends with her....???? Ha!

So 4! You chased your poor Husband out of town? Such a little brat! He'll probably bring you back a treasure or something....

Chicken feet? My DH's Aunts used to make soup with them.... I did not even taste it. I remember my Mom cooking a tongue, and a heart! You know, in those days, money was so hard to come by.... So any kind of meat was splurging! We used to just eat Hamburger stuff a lot.... and chipped beef gravy on toast....

Actually, ham shanks are pretty good with homemade Pinto beans & onions! You panty-waist 4! You must be spoiled....:)

Chabba....Let us know how it goes on that new Med! I have never heard of that one..... I'm still not taking anything since the 1 1/2 years on Tamoxifen... Hope you are doing good!

Hi LittleGardens! Good to see you gals! xoxoxoxo

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

We ate a TON of burger too and Chit on a Shingle was a staple too! DH will be back Weds. He hates traveling but it's a paycheck, so whatcha gonna do! Doesn't travel too much so that's nice. Yes, spoiled, but enough perfume covers the smell :-)

Here's something you can offer the stupid people!

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited October 2013

I've been in touch with Dwilli. She's working through things.

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

Thanks Juliaana for watching out for her..... I think sometimes gals are just going through a hard time, and they don't feel like talking or posting to anyone. But it's so special to have "that one" friend. Can you tell her we wish her the best.... no matter what?

I'm making a big pot of that Cabbage soup.... WW says it is very good for you, AND it really does taste delicious.... there's enough for everyone, if you want to stop by!

• gardengumby
    edited October 2013

I like using ham hocks for bean or pea soup. But will NOT eat/cook with any inards, tongues, blood, etc. It may taste good if you grew up eating it, but as far as I'm concerned it's just plain gross. (Well, I have made sausage using real casings, but that as far as I'll go.

• crog234
    crog234 Member Posts: 324
    edited October 2013

Chevy cabbage soup sounds delicious. When will it be ready? Course let's see you in CO and I am in ME so I guess it would be more than ready when I got there, huh.. Ha ha ha.

Cindy AKA Squishy

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

LoopyYou guys! Our Smiley Faces are back! Yowsers!!!! Happy

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

Hi guys--I partied most of the weekend and now my end is hangin' low. but I had to stop by.

Chevy that soup sounds great, my DD has made it and growing up with crazy food was because of my Dad, thank God my mom wouldn't let us eat it and she would always make something else for us. But my sister and brothers still make and eat tripe with a lite tomato sauce, never liked that. But those days lots of veggies were used, cheaper to feed a family. In fact there was a certain weed in all backyards, probavly still have them but we'd eat it like a salad. we loved it then but I wouldn't now. Today Leslie made chicken soup more traditional. Yummy

Oh I'm so glad u'r in touch with Dwilli please tell her we miss her and care about her.

Oh another thing I went as MAXINE the lady with all the wisdom, which I have plenty mixed with sarcasm--(shut up Chevy) so at least I felt like I could say anything I wanted and I did. So I was having a good time. Now I'm paying for it, Chit years ago I could have a good time and still be fine the next day--Well we know those days are gone so I'm still zombied out.

• chabba
    edited October 2013

We had blood sausage, pickled pigs feet and head cheese when I was growing up.  Dad always told me "If other people eat it you can at least try it."  As an adult I've eaten and enjoyed rattlesnake, tripe, sea urchin, chicken feet, fish eyes and many other things.  I do admit that I've tried some things I didn't care for and would prefer to not eat gain.  Happy

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

Dear little Zombie..... Yes, the soup is de-lish! Do you have the little smiley faces? I have them with the AOL, but still can't post a link or picture here.... Have to use Chrome and Google.... But oh well!

That "weed" was marijuana! You ATE it? Or was it the Lambs' Quarters, My Grandpa used to gro and make salads with? It looked like Spinach, and I canNOT find the seed here anywhere! We ate Dandelions.... not the bloom, just the plant, and THOSE were good.

Chicken soup sounds good too. But I had this head of cabbage, so I had to do SOMEthing with it! SillyHeart

• gardengumby
    edited October 2013

A group of us used to go out for dim sum for lunch. One guy would always order two plates of chicken feet. No one else would eat them, but we all had to pay for them. For some reason we all quit going out for dim sum... Winking

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

I think this is my favorite Devil

Soup sounds good. I love Borscht! Hot or cold. With sour cream Loopy But any cabbage soup sounds good! Or potato, or chicken, or broc cheese, yup pretty much any soup. Cept clam chowder since I don't do fishy stuff. But corn chowder.......

Guess it's time to go make dinner!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited October 2013

Julia send love to dwilliSmile

Cami glad your ass is dragging from a good timeWinking, could be dragging from a bad time---no fun in that

ChevyNerdyLoopyShockedHappySillyHeart and that's all I have to say about that!

GUMBY save me from this computer, it won't let me friggin go. Just when I think I've learned something about  what I need to know, someone throws a bowling ball at meSick

I'm studying, so won't be around much maybe.......or maybe I'll just get a bottle of wine and say STFU to the computer.

HMMMMMM wine sounds good and the dogs need a run. (reverse order)

Since we're checking on folks, can someone check on Mary----maybe it's me. It was me--left message on her recorder

4$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I just saw that coffee guy Hmmmmmmmmmm

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Yes Sas. Don't drink then run with the dogs. Think the falling convo is 2-3 pages back Scared

What are you studying now ? Nerdy

Is Mary' s wedding for her DH this weekend? It's Monday so she probably had chemo today. I can PM her as we have exchanged some before.