Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited October 2013

Thanks $, I've been working on this a month. Had a decision. Then the bowling ball.  Then another, then another. STFU way back when I signed papers. I just worked my ass off, as did DH. We did the openings. I never pay'd attention to when and where the paper work went too.

We joke about not knowing the day. I frankly, am lucky I know the day, month and year. It's been that way my whole life. I lived in the moment prior to BC. Floated along. DH took care of everything. I'd forget to pick up my paycheck. He'd call my secretary and ask her to put it in my purse. I never knew that for ever so long. Then when auto deposit came in he was very happy.

When I was younger I used to say that when I got older they'd think I was senile b/c I didn't know the day of the week or month or year. Well I'm here@ 63 and I still don't care. But everyone else cares  i.e. people evaluating me. WTF There has never been a category that I know of that defines people that don't give a shit about time. BUT there is probably a name

Question: what is the name for not caring about time?

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

I think the name is "Happy"

Not always stressed about the time or things that don't make a big impact.

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Smileys!!!

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited October 2013

Hello everyone. I've been kinda quiet, I know, but read your posts every day.

So worried about Blondiee. Thanks Julie for letting us know about our dear Dwilli, and Sas for checking with the Mods about our Blondiee.

Quatre - you are a RIOT. Where did you get that STFU picture? Chev - you're saying I am full of mischief????? You are the QUEEN of mischief.

Ducky - where the hell are you, dammit! Out carousing on other threads??? Or are you emailing that pilot?

I hope the megestrol works for you Chabba..

I hate blood and guts kind of stuff, too, but love love love soup. I made a gazpacho in my Vitamix the other day: 2 tomatoes, 1/3 of a green pepper, stick of celery, ½ of a cucumber, a clove of garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. OMIGODITWASSOGOOD.

WTH PHYLLY – where ARE you???

Quatre and Chickypoo – you are doing such a great job with rads. Good advice to Chicky on the medication for neuropathy.

Vegette and Alysonia – you are NOT invisible, or did you mean invincible? We all love you both so much so STFU. I’m just sayin’ ………….

I like my job but it's intense learning the ropes. I have so much to learn. The patients are just so incredible - but some of the family members............ I think I'll STFU.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

Alyson ---yours is not a whine and neither is this---It's a problem. I had a brain tumor removed by craniotomy. I have vertigo, optic migraines, loss of smell, changing eye stuff (multiple ), headaches variable since crani, tinnitus that changes daily. Hearing loss--nerve and other malfunctions, plus changes can be affected by barometric pressure  How the hell am I supposed to identify a new symptom of a brain tumor. Sheesh. Then let's talk life long muscle bone joint pain, with fatigue--post polio. I figure whatever will be so far advanced b/c it's just the usual stuff...

Alyson you're in the same boat. A new pain with RA. ....Lordy............ I get it............cow patties.

• shellshine
    edited October 2013

• shellshine
    edited October 2013

It's kinda nice being the last one up - I can get a damn word in edgewise.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited October 2013

you might have to fight me for the last......word. Nighty-night

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited October 2013

Goodnight Shell.

• juliaanna
    edited October 2013

Good night, chabba. Hope you are staying warm and dry.

• sas-schatzi
    edited October 2013

UnhUH-  I'm still up hoolies. Saw the cowcake  Shellironi...........memory,        gushy,,,, ,,,,,,running through uncles pasture barefoot.....hated when I'd step in one of those cowcakes and it was warm in the middle

• juliaanna
    edited October 2013

grandpa would take us up on the Mesa on the family homestead to hunt mushrooms. Had to look for "fairy circles" and cow pies. The best mushrooms were found in the circles, under the pies. Not many mushy pies- they dried fast in the New Mexico sun

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013

You are all night owls. It is late here, nearly morning on the Eastern side. Gave on and took the pain killers so sitting here in a lovely haze. Will have to work out what I can take before bed. Must get to bed before I go to sleep sitting here.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

Good Morning all (my first one) Oh to wake up to "cow Pies" what a beauty to behold.

Alyson, Veggy first things first-===u 2 are so not invisible to any one of us, I always look for u'r posts to check in to make sure u'r getting thru this chit, I just want u to feel better mentally too. And MARY u too are going thru a terrible time now and SE's maybe more than u have had before or different ones-I'm truly sorry, this is a disease that no one can control we're all different so it's hard to always help each other but we can be here. BTW I opened up capsules of Vitsmin E and spread them on my burny chest and it helped along with Aloe, but that area is still blackened even now???

Chevy (my little pumpkin seed) that's right we used to eat Dandelions, not the flower part but we called it smething else in Italian, it sounded better. Of course I have now forgotten all I've read but

Sas whatever u have to study knowing u u will understand it first time reading so u'll get it fast.HappyOh I like these better, they're funner.

Thanks Mods we should have knownWinking

OK I'll BBL--I hope everyone has a better day today than yesterday.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2013

So what is this? Little miss Alyson, AND 4whatever,...... we really don't have a list.... we used to, but it has gone astray. We just all love to post here, and we made up silly names for everyone, as you can tell! So we just never know when someone has fallen down the stairs and have lost their mo-jo, or are just liking to post elsewhere... It's just hard to keep track.

But as long as you are here with us, we are all together.... or whatever I just said...Snooze

Sass! WTH??? You are just falling apart! At the seams! Dang girl! Would you like a couple of hot-spots like Lacee does? I think you need a few more things wrong with you! And here you are just trying to help the rest of us out!

Veggy, Sooooooooo good to see you again. Wish we could help you more. And yes, I remember all your quips on the OMG thread!

Cammikumquat! You little chickottee! Was THAT what Dandelions are called? I just woke DH up, and he said that. He also said several other un-mentionable things, but doesn't matter...Headphones

Hi Juliaanna and Shells! Shells, your job will present you with problems, I know..... and yes, the families of your patients WILL drive you nuts. I remember when my FIL was so sick.... One of my BIL's wanted to do WHATEVER to keep him alive... meaning put in a feeding tube through his chest? This poor old man was at the end of his life. So the Docs had to go with THAT! By this time he was just out of it anyway... His middle Son, just did not want to let go, no matter what. And it hurt the rest of the family to watch this struggle.....

But finally the Docs sat that Son down, and said we cannot do anything else to keep him alive. He was on a respirator, besides all those tubes. THEN that Son was also losing his life to lung-cancer, and a few other things... His WIFE did the same thing! Keep him alive no matter what... Ended up on a respirator for I forget how long... THEN they told her she had to make a decision on when they would disconnect him from the respirator... She DID go through hell.... But yes, families can get in the way with their good intentions....

Juliaanna, we LOVED mushrooms that grew around old tree stumps! Fry them up with bacon grease and garlic!

So Alyson.... guess what? I get to go take care of the Chickens this week-end....Ha! Cammi will go nuts me talking about this! It isn't like I have to CLEAN them, or hang around their coop, but I get to add food to their feeder, check the water, and try and not step in that chicken chit! And THEN hit them over the head to make them hurry up and lay an egg!

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

Oh never mind.... I was TRYing to post this cute little animated Halloween card... but I can't do it....Sad

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Well we went from Chicken feet and Cow tongues to Chicken Chit and Cow Patties overnight!!! Gotta love it here Loopy

And Chevy, I was just pointing out to Aly that you didn't have to be on the "list" to be missed!

Shells I know what you mean about the patients families. I volunteer at school a lot and the kids can be great, and then................you get to deal with the parents. Or you have a kid with an attitude and then you get in a room full of people and can match them up with that parent right away thinking "Hmmmm wonder where he/she gets it?" Glad the job is good though! How's DH doing?

I know I am leaving a lot of you out right now. Thinking about everyone. Gotta get coffee and a shower before I am going to function properly today! (if ever)

Have a great day. I'll pop back in soon.

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Halloween haunted house animation vampire and ghost

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Not sure I could keep my hand this steady! Looks cool though Smile

Photo: Dressing up for Halloween? How about giving yourself some "cat eyes"? All I can say is ...WOW!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

Well my coffee will be delivered to me soon (my GS) and I took a shower so I smell so good and Chevy I love the picture but it still won't make up for all the stories that are coming this weekend about the chicks and don't tell me u don't hang around the coop, I bet u take a book and bring a chair and wait for those eggs and that's u'r excuse--HA u don't fool muah.

I'm not going to spell this right but we called the dandalions chicgaudy if I remember that right, but that was years ago. Just like I had an Aunt who was called Zia Marie (aunt Mary) I called her seamuddy so memory for Italian has faded so much.

Oh chit I have lots of pain right now and so I have to stop it, right now LOL Oh to be that easy, Oh it'll go away----My body has been introduced to new pain in a different area today hahaha- I'm doing Lamaze breathing I need a paper bag soon.--Oh I'm fine really it'll stop soon, but I'll take something and rest it out.Bawling really like these little guys.

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

Wow! That was cool! little miss smarty-pants!

Thinking of Blondie.... she hasn't posted since Oct. 20th.....Anybody heard anything yet?

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

I totally stole this from another thread. OK Hum the Ghostbuster's theme................ Who ya gonna call???

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Rest up and feel better Cami. You are gonna need it for the stories!

Ok I really am going now!!

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

Oh wait, don't go! So there is another thread as naughty as THIS one can be? Ha! I couldn't figure out what that WAS, until I studied it! BAD girl!

Or manybe good! Loopy

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Yes there is! I used to share on their thread but a couple don't like outsiders around. So now I lurk from time to time to check in on the others. Got nice PMs from some, not so nice on the thread. Oh well.....

It's much more fun and much less judgmental here!

Thanks again for lettin me crash this party!!

• Chevyboy
    edited October 2013

Okay miss 4 ! Just stay here where you are wanted..... and cause trouble..... and post pictures that the REST of us would not have the nerve! Ha, ha!

Cammi is sick I think.... Cammi, go to bed! Rest and take drugs! We love you! xoxoxoxo

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited October 2013

Veggy..........had anyone ever considered a VEGUS NERVE PROBLEM,,,,'I have a few grandchildren, and a son-in-law with that very problem........They have all been through a battery of tests, and nothing was found........,they attributed the passing out to the Vagus Nerve issue..........each one had it happen at different times for different reasons........

SIL just once, and he is 44......30 year old grandson many times since he was 18 months old..(back then they had no idea what it was)......found out about 16 years old what his problem was.....his brother had ithappenonly 2 times.....his sister began around 18, and still happens......another grandaughter different parents had it happen about 1 month ago...........another grandaughter, again different parents also has had the same episodes..........all tested extensively......all negative

It is something to think about......not a major thing....but you can get hurt from the fall when it happens.......sometimes they know when it is going to occur, but not always...