Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013

Cami you are not boring, you seem to have done so much. I used to do all sorts of things but not now. Well I suppose I do patchwork and knit.Come on we want to hear what you were like when you were littlecami?

I never thought I was a deprived as a child, thinking about it we were really poor but my parents were determined that we would have an education. I feel so lucky today despite having had health issues since early teen years.

Big hugs to all.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited October 2013

I used to do competitive clogging.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

That's cool Mary! I was too much of a klutz as a kid! I out grew that. Well on second thought, not so much!!!

What time we hopping in your pocket tomorrow? Ducky has her costume picked out to fly the friendly skies!

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited October 2013

• stellina
    stellina Member Posts: 50
    edited October 2013

"When are you going to cut your hair short?"

After you have cut your 25 inch beautiful braid and have short hair, Louise Brooks-style. Now it's not ok because it's not commando short! 

I'm going to have it commando short for enough time, just let me enjoy it while I still can. Cause it's already going... :(

"Now that your analysis have shown your cancer hasn't spread, are you going to take measures against the surgeon for having ruined your chest?" There's nothing ruined, the surgeon is a plastic surgeon who knows how to do mastectomies!

"Do you know that if you get chemo you are preparing your body for other types of cancer?" Well, being born is a way of preparing you for any type of cancer!!

Oh, and the beautiful breasts lines... I'm fed up with them as well... event though I am aware that my mastectomy was really inevitable... but still... especially since I only had mastectomy on one breast.

Thanks for this this thread, it helps.

• ChickaD
    edited October 2013

Welcome Miss Stellina...we are a crazy bunch!

• ChickaD
    edited October 2013

October is breast cancer awareness month...get those puppies checked!

• stellina
    edited October 2013

Hello, ChickaD & Teka! Thanks for the welcome!

Well, since being diagnosed I have not had such a rage in me as this week! It's because on Monday 3 different persons have said the thing about not having cut my hair completely short and it sort of made me burst! I know they mean it well, with it apparently being less traumatic to see really short hair go... but i just lost a boob and that won't grow back. Hair does.

Have you ever thought that it would be really nice if the female oncs, out of solidarity, would just walk around with shaved heads?

Teka, I don't even drink coffee. I don't even want to imagine myself if I were a coffee drinker!

• stellina
    edited October 2013

That picture is very funny: one could almost read the opinion of each dog about their pair of boobs.

Dog 1 seems slightly displeased, but yet determined to rock them proudly. He maybe wanted them bigger?

Dog 2 seems very happy and proud.

Dog 3 seems like the posterchild for resigned with one's fate.

Then again, I might be wrong. But I had a very cathartic chuckle. Thanks, ChickaD!

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited October 2013

Pocket party 11 a.m everyone invited...Thinking of other things you don't know about me, I have a dog who sings Midnight Rider by the Allman Brothers Band, she also sings happy birthday...will be putting her on u-tube very soon...

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited October 2013

Alyson, for the most part my childhood was much like yours but I realized we were poor when I was in the 7th grade.  Other kids at school didn't have Fathers who were sick and stayed at home all the time.  Mom was the only one at Church wearing extra sweaters under her old summer raincoat when everyone else had extra sweaters under their wool coats on the cold winter days. 

But we were a close, loving family and never went hungry even if supper was just milk mush with cinnimon and margarine. And if there were visitors at Church Mom always invited them home for Sunday dinner.  Somehow she could always stretch the food to feed as many people as we had at the table.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

Mary, we'll be there but I want more room this time, someone was sitting on my face (shut up Chevy)

Welcome Stellina, sorry u'r here but this is a wonderful group of Hooligans, I mean Ladies--Oh don't worry about what people say, I've turned that off a long time ago, they still say things.

Chevy what a wonderful memory for any job that anyone had---yes u are a published author and u should be proud of it, u did a lot of work and delved into a lot of history---Now I see about the name. But u never drank beer OMG u gave it such love tho.

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

HI Stellina and Welcome! This is a great bunch of ladies here! I think I am the newest that is here the most. But this group of Hooligans really needed my good influence! Most of them don't behave very well or very often!!

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited October 2013

dammit, where's my post from 5 a.m.?!?!!!!

• camillegal
    edited October 2013

Phylonotsubmit-----we were waiting to hear from u.

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Hey Phyllo,

Did you get a day pass? I'm out on a 72 hour for the holiday!

Where in NE. I went to school in Hastings and then college in Lincoln. Relatives were in Tilden.

Will be there Mary! Can't wait for the youtube video Winking

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2013

Hi stellina, yeah, when you get those "lovely, well meant" comments, just mention the title of this thread.

Ok, I cried at the dog pics. The one in the middle is an Australian Shepherd. Looks like my Vulfie, who I still miss something fierce 4 years later. RIP baby boy, see you at the Bridge.

• ChickaD
    edited October 2013

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited October 2013

Chick

Yep!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

• ChickaD
    edited October 2013

HAPPY HALLOWEEN MY HOOLIES!

• mostlymom
    mostlymom Member Posts: 378
    edited October 2013

At 70, I have quite a few stories.... The 1st is explaining why I have only 2 kids. My daughter was born a week-and-a-half late in 1966 after 2 1/2 hours labor - she was breach & I'm thankful they didn't do a c-section. I also didn't have "gas" or any pain meds since the gas made everything stop & they wanted her delivered asap. My son was born a week early in 1969 after 20 minutes of labor - yes, I said 20 minutes. We had clocked the driving time to the hospital & it was 20 minutes. The ambulance was called & they arrived in the nick of time - I wasn't fully reclined on the stretcher before Mike was born. His nickname was Slippery Sam for quite a few years. He was also born without pain meds. Do I need to explain any further to let you know why we didn't have another????

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited October 2013

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2013

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Love the tank Chickie! How many more rads you got??? I am in the FINAL countdown, 10 to go!!!!!!!

Mary, wear big pockets, we are all hopping in! I call front left Loopy

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2013

Morning Hooligans!

Mary! I used to tap dance.... and ballet, and acrobats! I LOVED dancing..... And then in High School, they had a class called "Modern Dance"..... which was like picking out a song, and choreographing your own dance to the music.... more like Ballet! And 11 a/m it is! I'll bring the Margarita's and Frito's!

During one acrobat Adagio lesson, the guys accidentally threw me up, but somehow didn't catch... me! So I did a fall-on-my-head kind of thing... Amnesia, Brain concussion, and that was the end of my dancing.

Welcome Stellina! Boy YOU got all the stupid remarks! It's stupid women just like that, that don't have a clue! I think we ALL have one as a pitiful friend. image And just try and stay away from those "downer" people. You are much too way ahead of them! You will see how stupid they are, the further you get out from this... Honestly, you'll see!

Chickers..... I love the dogs! Ha, ha!

Chabba.... I think we were all in the same boat.... No money to spend during the late 40's... (most of the gals here, are much younger..ha!)

But I'm older, so I have to keep them in line... image

Thank you miss Cammi! Yes.... I loved that job.... the family, employees, and the visitors made it so much fun!

Are you feeling better, or just getting by? Want to come with me this week-end to tend to the Chickens? I know.... not a chance!!!!

And miss 4444! You are a $ when capitalized! Did you know that? I gave you more 4's so you would be sure and see it! Stellina... SHE IS the newest to come across our door-step, but we let her stay because she can post the dangdest pictures! You'll see! She might even embarrass you! She CAN'T embarrass us, because we KNOW her!

Phyllidon'tknowchit! You lost a post? I ALways do... It's not us, it's these damn keys, that suddenly go awry!

Morning Teka... Yes, we ARE perfect..... aren't we? It's those OTHER people that don't have a clue!

Spookers! We had an Australian Shepherd also.... for 14 years. His name was Chevy... Didn't know how we made it without him in the house..... It IS soooooooo sad.

Hi MostlyMom! Man, having kids just scared the wits out of you! It WASN'T easy, like they all said it would be! My labor was like 24 hours! But only hard the last 6... I don't know how we DO it! Probably because we were so young!

Oh Shells.... "Exhaustipated".... good one! That must be you, with your new job and all! How is everything else?

So Hi Alyson! So good to read what y'all write! xoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited October 2013

• camillegal
    edited October 2013

Good Morning Gooligans--I love all these morning happy pictures and HALLOWEEN ooooooo spooky I'm so skeered.

Mostlymom 2 was more than enough after that imagine if u had a third born in 4 mibutes---Yeow.

Oh Chevy I bet u can't wait til chicken time, can u sleep at night knowing how excited this gets u.

It's raining a lot--hope it stops for the kids later--well if it wasn't for Joey u know I don't care.LOL I have to do the candy thing cuz they go with Joey and the dog, most parents do here and most of them know each other now so it's good.

Oh Chevy BTW I'm doing OK aaaaa. LOL