Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited November 2013

So happy to hear from you Phyllabsentia.

I had a rough day at work. My job is to meet families in the hospital, help them arrange home care or nursing home care, then set up all hospice services including drugs, oxygen, medical equipment. Coordinating with nursing home, family, transport company, medical supply company, pharmacy, acute care hospital that wants their bed empty ASAP, physician's orders, and report. If not enough oxygen for the trip (delivered tank not full, or oxygen not delivered yet to nursing home) it's a royal cluster f**k. Meanwhile, stay calm, reassuring, professional and capable in front of the family and patient and hospital staff (which I do), oh, and by the way, the opiate skin patch needs to be changed today way when they are way out in a rural area so can we get orders to put a new one on now before the transporter rolls her out the door? Lot's of physical and emotional assessment, do they meet Medicare hospice criteria, will Medicaid pay for room and board, etc etc etc,

Of course everything gets done but so many snafus I shed some tears of relief as I drove home. Getting good reviews from my boss and colleagues, but still, steep learning curve with huge consequences if all not orchestrated well. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Until then, I drop into bed like a log each night.

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited November 2013

hey everybody checking in, the procedure went fine heart is ok, stilll can't breath, getting a lung biopsy next....got chemo on wednesday hope everyone is ok and thanks for checking in on me

• phgraham
    phgraham Member Posts: 909
    edited November 2013

blondie! Yay!!!! So happy to see your little fingers typing to us! Good luck with biopsy and chemo. You're like Wonder woman. Love You!

Phyllisness

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2013

Shells, I think all jobs are like that in the beginning. I was a travel agent for years, so can empathize with being responsible for moving parts that are not under your control. Hope it seems easier soon.

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013

Yeah! Blondie is in the house. You were missed! Glad the heart tests were ok. Good luck with the biopsy and chemo!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited November 2013

Glad to see you Blondie, Hope all goes well for you.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited November 2013

Glad to see you Blondie. Best wishes with the chemo and lung biopsy.

• bounce
    bounce Member Posts: 215
    edited November 2013

BLONDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even the lurkers who never met you have been worried.

I can't wait to see the Hooligans rejoice at your return.

Hope that all our good wishes help with your breathing.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2013

Morning all

On my new iPhone. Away for the weekend doing some ministers appraisals in Christchurch. It is sad to see the city so changed but great to see the rebuilding.

Hi Blondie we have missed you.

Big hugs to all

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

Yes Blondie! Welcome home! Maybe it will get easier? Just glad to see you posting again!

Bounce! Where did you get those cute smiley faces? WE don't have them! You must be special! Glad to see you here! I think I see you on the Tamoxifen thread? Oh never mind, it says so right in your notes!

Cammiwhoisnotallthere! So good funny face, to see you! Come with me in the morning to check on "the girls!" If they don't lay eggs, I will smack them in the head.

Phylliwiththemonitor! I thought they removed that from you! Are you on probation or something? What ELSE did you do?

Hi Chabba & Littlegoats! Wren and 4444444444444444444444444444444! Geez 4! Where do you get ALL those lovely pictures? I mean of the guys? Does your Husband know you have a treasure trove or a secret trunk of lewd photo's? I mean exceptional pictures of the guys? Is HE the model? Ha, ha!

Lilli, I loved your post! xoxoxoxo

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

Blondie, so good to see you back. We were worried. Glad everything went well.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

YAY MISS BLONDEBOMBSHELL....I MISSED YOU MY FRIEND.  So happy you checked in xoxo

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

BLONDIE  YAY (big sigh of relief). In your pocket for the lung biopsy. Have you got enough support at home?

Shells hang in there time will help the pieces fall together better.

Stellina of course cats and their people are welcome here LOL, that's why the list says furballs.

Bounce welcome, lurking can be fun, but posting can be funner :)

Mary, is your DD married to the analpore or are they divorced? ........There should be someone assigned at your MO's office that can search out coverage for the drug. The link needymed.org has a list of organization that help financially. Each drug company has their own patient assistance program. Needymed.org though has put them all together in one web site. Sorry all this shit is going on...............ONLY 8 days till the wedding hoedown

Chevy I agree that pic is you, don't know why , but the first person I thought of was you LOL......then me cuz I think I'm the only real smoker here.

Teka i'll fix it. :0 C&P'd verbatim.

Dwilli you sound good:)

Happy Friday. Loved Halloween this year. I dressed as a gypsy. Haven't dressed up in years and years and years.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263
    edited November 2013

I don't think I've met you Blondie but glad you are back which is making all your friends cheerful and content.

Lilli

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited November 2013

Veggy - Hope with Sassy's help you made it outta da basement. Love you bunches.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

dd and a-hole are separated, have been for 2 years. Hes a chit. Mos office is taking care of insurance-related stuff. just waiting to hear what they'll cover before checking with the pharm. companies. I would think Navelbine would be covered since it is a breast cancer treatment...

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited November 2013

Chevyboy, I've been around!  Went through a serious period of depression following the lost of my friend.  The fog is beginning to lift although the SEs are kicking my butt.  Shoulder freezes, thumb aches, legs pains and aches, with buckling gait and 1 new depression med and 2 new blood pressure meds--just keeps me grounded--wobbly but grounded.  Still thankful to God, I'm here!! Love  all you ladies.  You are such a wonderful bunch and support system as well as friends that I can share anything.

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited November 2013

Nice to meet you 4sewhat!!!Loopy

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2013

So good to see both Blondie and Dwill again. Hope things go well for you both.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

B L O N D I E YAAAAAYYYY ---U posted for us. We're cheering u on for some good results here.

Dwill it's nice to see u'r name again, and I'm glad u are little better and yes the SE's suck big time.

Shell I know u'r doing an excellent job, but u r a perfectionist so u really question u'rself--but I'm positive u r giving all the help possible to the families and patients. We all think that. My old job was of no comparison to u'rs I know but I remember when I first started everything u put in the computer was all codes--I thought this is insane I'll never learn it and I didn't so my specialty was taking pictures for licenses and I'd work there alone OMG I was a mess and a bitch. One time a woman wanted the picture in the perfect lightin AT THE DL PLACE--and I finally took her picture and she didn't like it--so I told her u can pull a ducks neck all u want but u'll never get a swan. After that I was transferred to Titles and registration which u really had all legal stuff to learn that I did fine and made supervisor, but I liked it more===still hated my job but had more fun with T&R's.

Phylogethome--u'r hardly ever here, and no those ankle bracelets are purposely made for no transmitting- I know.

Oh geeze we're going into Saturday and Chevy u have an extra hour with u'r chickens I'm sure u'r in dreamland about that.

Teka and SasSillyHeart

OK I hope I sleep tonite. And all have sweet dreams.

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

Holy chit I actually did it--I thought u might like the boots. I still don't inderstand what I did.

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

There's my knight dressed up--WTF did I do?

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

Did u notice my avatar--1st time ever I did it all by myself Miss Chevy==It's the drugs I take at night I bet, this must be a SE I didn't know about my brain works.=Still wide awake at 2:39ayem another SE==u do know by morning I won't remember how to do it.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited November 2013

Cami, look what kind of "trouble" you get into when you are supposed to be sleeping. Or is this just a dream? Cute knight.

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

OMG! Holy COW!!! She DID it! She actually paragraphed, and boldly printed, and just went NUTS!!! I am so proud!

Okay, is that Knight YOU??? Doesn't matter.... you did SOMEthing, even if it will never happen again! Good job, funny-face! Just stick with what-ever you are taking. sleep all day, and talk to us at night, Ha! Yes, the Chickens.... It isn't light out yet.... or I would go give them treats! I could give them the rest of the candy we didn't give away!!! I have to see what's in the Fridge that we don't need.

Dwillinilli.... You can't just forget someone when they are gone....don't even think it. It takes a long time for your heart to listen to your brain. Your brain says one thing, but your heart has a mind all it's own, and takes it's own time. You just have to wait, until your little body can make sense of things, and time is the only thing you have.

Cammi comes along with her PICTURE posting, and it'a all a miracle to us.... And what's her name 44444444444444 is the instigator in all this! SHE has a chit-load of pictures that she so freely shares with us. That's what keeps us GOing, Ha! SillyHeart

(I didn't mean to make a paragraph there.... wth?)

Mary.... well at least the turmoil is not constant, right? Maybe there is a reason DD won't make it more permanent? He MUST be nice to her SOMEtimes.... YOU can see what is going on, but DD probably can't "feel" it.

Okay.... morning to you Lilli, Sass, Chickers, Littlegoats. Wren and Teka!

I'm going to try and organize our spare garage today... Hah! THAT is a laugh! See, I take stuff that I don't use very often, and store it in the garage... Pretty soon, we can just live out of the garage! I COULD just give away, and donate all that STUFF I don't use! But it has to spend it's time in the garage, before I think it is ready.... kind of like purgatory. When the time is right, it gets GONE!

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

It's a chicken.... not tweety-bird.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

GOOD MORNING HOOLIGANS ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE EARTH!

Veggy are you in the basement? I was writing by PM then all these "to do list" things got in the way. Do I have to find you?

Mary, I figured they were divorced or separated b/c it sounded like he was getting visitation rights. Sorry you have to put up with the analpore. Is DGS handling it well? Does he know what's going on?

Chevy, definitely tomato or any tomato products. I've avoided the whole fruit, but got into a craving for ketchup. Had to get kicked in the head to see it.

Jan69, if it wouldn't cause any pain, describing what the children have had to go through b/c of carrying two hemochromatosis genes, may help someone else. Personally, I think EVERYONE SHOULD BE TESTED FOR THE GENE. It's worse then BRAC. B/C docs only associate HC with alcoholism. They don't think to look for it. Plus,if someone carries the gene there are lifestyle changes. AS I said re: DS I have him donate blood 4x's a year. Watch iron intake and watch alcohol intake. No multivitamins with iron in them.

Carrying one copy puts men, at risk for all the damage it can do --shows up in the 40's + -

Carrying one copy for women, the damage generally shows up after menopause.

Carrying two copies of the gene, as in inheriting a copy from both parents. It can show up in young childhood, teen years, early adulthood.

There has been a third gene identified. But those studying the problem always end by saying something to the affect "There may be more and there are other things we just don't understand"

I predict that docs will finally understand the dangers and testing will be usual in 5 years. But so many could have made changes in that time. Plus, knowing status before marriage and children will become  important. I have a niece and nephew that are at risk. BUT the grandparents and parents want to ignore the situation, bc/ their docs are ignoring it.