Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013

I bet it's on YouTube!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Am I getting close???

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2013

it is, but the original has a lot of it blocked.....there are several clips..I am in them, but could never point out which one is me......

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

I'm so sorry bout LuvRving---I talked with her over time--she was so nice ad never complained--I hate cancer.

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

Oh Chevy I meant mammory )play on words) isn't it? like boobs? Silly girl chicks are for kids, OH yea u love them.

OK First I watched American Banstand every day I loved the way they slow danced it was different than here and I can only remember Bob and Justine and another couple but can not think of their names, but they were always a couple and they had dark hair and cute. Wow I forgot about that show.

And as far as the naked pics. I don't like naked, but just a little tease showing, personally I don't think the bottom half of the body is attractive especially men--how they walk around with those things is a mystery to me, it's really not a pretty sight.

Quiet day here, but already all messed up with the time. Geeze.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2013

OK you lot.

What have you been up to, far too many young men. And by the way Sean is mine, don't go for the naked ones personally and like then a but more mature. Anyway my DD1 has been kissed by Sean Connery. She sang at a function he was at.

Must go and unpack.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

Miss Alyson.....glad you're back safely I take it as you are unpacking!

• Alyson
    edited November 2013

Had a great trip, did the work I had to do and enjoyed being with my friend. We sat and chatted or we sat and read/knitted. This morning we wandered around the centre of the city which I haven't seen since the second quake. It is just as if a giant has stepped on the middle of the city and tramples it down then walked away leaving patches of destruction.

I think it is bed for me.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

I hope I copied this right...DD sent me this sight, and I thought it was really creative!

http://www.boredpanda.org/wengenn-in-wonderland-sioin-queenie-liao/

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited November 2013

After 2 months of dizzy and nausea, the doc says its benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. I also am having some pain near the ovaries having vaginal ultrasound weds. Just wanted all to know.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

GMA, I hope they figure out the ovary pain issue soon. How do you treat benign paroxysmal positional vertigo?

• gmafoley
    edited November 2013

For the vertigo - you make yourself dizzier - WTH??? This is what the doc gave me to do:

VESTIBULAR REHABILITATION HOME EXERCISES

Exercises performed at home are sometimes recommended. Brandt-Daroff exercises (Figure 3) involve repeating vertigo-inducing movements two to three times per day for up to three weeks. After receiving training from a doctor or physical therapist, a patient can perform the exercises at home, but they are more arduous than office treatments. With adherence to the prescribed schedule, Brandt-Daroff exercises have been reported to reduce vertiginous responses to head movements in 95% of cases.14 Patients performing Brandt-Daroff exercises may develop multicanal BPPV as a complication and so should note any symptom changes to their physicians.14

Another home exercise method is daily self-administration of particle repositioning head maneuvers. One potential problem with this method is that it may cause the condition to worsen or initiate problems in another semicircular canal. Although one study15 has reported a cure rate as high as 95% for this strategy, insufficient evidence exists to recommend or refute its use.

For horizontal canal BPPV that does not respond to head maneuvers, a home treatment called forced prolonged positioning may be recommended. This requires a patient to rest in bed for at least 12 hours with the head turned toward the unaffected ear, permitting the canaliths to gradually move out of the canal. Finally, some physicians suggest that after office treatment, patients might perform a daily self-canalith repositioning exercise at home to support the treatment’s continued ffectiveness. However, such home treatment probably does not affect the reoccurrence rate of posterior canal BPPV.16

Figure 3: Brandt-Daroff exercises. The patient sits upright, turns her head 45 degrees to the left, then lies down quickly on her right side for 10 seconds. After returning to an upright seated position, the patient turns her head 45 degrees to the right, lies down quickly on her left side for 10 seconds, then returns to an upright seated position.

- See more at: http://vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorders/types-vestibular-disorders/benign-paroxysmal-positional-vertigo#sthash.sUAu70Pt.dpuf

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

yep that's it...I get Vertigo too...it is horrible......

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited November 2013

Esther - these exercises really worked for my husband. Sas has had good experience with them, also. Apparently there are crystals that move from their normal location that cause the problem:

"BPPV occurs as a result of otoconia, tiny crystals of calcium carbonate that are a normal part of the inner ear’s anatomy, detaching from the otolithic membrane in the utricle and collecting in one of the semicircular canals. When the head is still, gravity causes the otoconia to clump and settle (Figure 1). When the head moves, the otoconia shift. This stimulates the cupula to send false signals to the brain, producing vertigo and triggering nystagmus (involuntary eye movements).

Otoconia

Figure 1: Inner ear anatomy. Otoconia migrate from the utricle, most commonly settling in the posterior semicircular canal (shown), or more rarely in the anterior or horizontal semicircular canals. The detached otoconia shift when the head moves, stimulating the cupula to send false signals to the brain that create a sensation of vertigo. © Vestibular Disorders Association. Image adapted by VEDA with permission from T. C. Hain.

- See more at: http://vestibular.org/understanding-vestibular-disorders/types-vestibular-disorders/benign-paroxysmal-positional-vertigo#sthash.RIint2W4.dpuf"

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

Cami......the dark haired couple was Arlene and Kenny.....he still lives in the area....owns a construction company....Arlene looks good...Justine did not marry Bob, and boy time has not been good to her ..."she did not she well........think she lives in Vegas......Bob looks just ok....

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,263
    edited November 2013

Just checking in to say hi and that I too rushed home from school everyday so as not to miss a second of American Bandstand. I credit the program for inspiring me to learn a huge amt. of dance moves and due to the fact my friend and I would practice, practice, practice, I never had issues with not having a dancing partner.

I think shoes like that were perfect in that era....at least those of us from small towns. We got to see some of the other half. As my best friend had a cousin who lived close enough to the Bandstand studio we often fantasized about a Philadelphia vacation where we would of course, be able to walk right up and get into this studio......yeah, right, sure !!!!

It is one of those "early" teen treasures that did some shaping that is for sure. I still feel energized when I hear music but due to a stroke.....I'm not as flamboyant a 'dancer' as before. It's ok though. I still see myself as much the way I was before as the way I am now and it is a happy enough way. Time marches on and hopefully we adjust well enough. I think I have.

Lilli

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

Gma hope you feel better really soon. I had vertigo for awhile and it was awful. It kind of cleared up on its own. Hope the stuff goes away by itself for you too. I miss you. will be in your pocket for test. cleaning today for the big week-end, just having sisters, but my house was filthy. For such a little dog, Ziggy sheds something awful. Let the pit in yesterday too, he is a bull in a china shop and his tail is lethal to my plants,BIG mess.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

Foley, :)  Do you remember that I said crystals were a strong possibility once you said they had already tested the carotids. BPPV is crystals slipping around. I'm lucky enough to not get nauseated. At least you have a definitive dx now. it has gotten better with time. Started in April 2013. Now I can retrigger it with bending at the waist. Hope your's improves with time. I know all don't, but Singinghere's hoping.

Between the vertigo , the hands, and booboos from falls related to the dogs. I rationalized that it's now time to get a cleaning lady. She comes today for the first time. SO< I'm doing some cleaning before she comes. Typical right?

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

Hi hoolies.....been in the basement lately and trying to find my way up the stairs .....still waiting for results....from my ALL day at the MO/hemotologist (first time meeting him and he is SO nice...) and my flake of a PCP (LAST Monday)......they are close to each other, (across a parking lot) but all together I was there from 10:15 to 5:15 with a short break at the hospital cafeteria for a salad bar salad

My MO wanted more blood but he said since I was seeing my PCP too, said I could get the blood labs done at that lab (MISTAKE!) Told me my BC was "aggressive"....want me to go on hormonal therapy/but also mentioned chemo....huh?

He gave me a booklet in MDS (Robin Roberts of good morning America had this)....scared the hell out of me, I do not want cancer of the blood!.....may need a bone marrow biopsy and aspiration due to my anemia which is not iron deficiency ......ruled out too much IRON.

MO okayed me for my 2 upcoming surgeries, talked to my PS,....in 2 weeks and 4 weeks from today....at 4 week surgery I will be DONE with Foob "fix n' nips"....I hope!!!

My PCP was nuts....told her I saw a MO/hemotologist, with the results of her lab test, was looking up test he wanted on her cell phone and on the computer, I wanted a injection again for my hip bursitis she said no, and said, PT will really help and said I will be right back, after a half hour +++ of waiting, a strange women came (not her nurse) in and gave me a print out of my visit, a lab order with the thing the MO/Hemo wanted too, no RX for PT....but went back to the office after labs and the strange woman saw me and said here is your PT order.....NEVER saw my PCP again!....never will! PT was called the next day and they have yet to return my call....oh well! I downloaded some exercises to try to help myself with the hip pain .....now to find the energy.

Thanks for all the eye candy....but embarassed too!

My man was the construction worker before retiring, with work boots and jeans and chambray shirts (lost a million of them), as he would strip his shirt off for the all mighty tan.... and even though he is 72 in a few short days, he exercises every day and lifts weights at the gym....I feed him "good for him" food....he is my prince even after 45 years of marriage.

Ducky.....went to Bandstand ONCE in summer of 1962, when visiting my aunt (LOVE IT!!!)....little Eva was the Star, singing LOCO-motion....see if I can find my photos (I was born cross the river from Philly) and my aunt & uncle lived in Jersey (Runnemede and had a summer home in Cape May)

Will have to dig up my Don Ho & me, picture for Shell too! OH tiny bubbles.........Happy

Hugs everyone....

Di

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

Di well now there's a plan and u can start climbing those stairs one at a time. It sounds confusing but once everything starts for u it won't be at all. And personally I read nothing, but that's just me.

GMA well now there's a big name for this misery, but at least there is a name--I never heard of all this wow what a terrible time u'r having. And I do hope u'r pain is something simple to take care of.

• Alyson
    edited November 2013

• gmafoley
    edited November 2013

Cami - the reason I haven't been on is because you all (cancerwise) seem so much worse than what I had. Mine is just the stupid SideEffects of the radiation and the meds they give me to help that. I keep being told that I SHOULD be just fine and there is no reason for me to be suffering with whatever I am going through. They are making me feel like a hypochondriac and it MUST be my IMAGINATION.. I'm just F.......ing tired of it. Why can't I be like my "friends" and move on with my life???

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

Di.......I have a home in Cape May too....just closed the pool, and the house for the winter......and yay for your "hard hat heart throb"............mine was a Carpenter......

Born and raised in Philly.......moved to suburbs later when I was 39.......needed a bigger home for our 6 kids and us...but I am still a city girl at heart........we have a saying...."you can take the girl out of the city, but you can't take the city out of the girl"....,...lol......hugs

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

Come on Grammie..... I'm like you.... I don't have many complaints, but my "friends" are here.... You see I don't talk abour relavant things much, but I just love hearing about "my friends"....

I know a lot of these gals are stage 4.... but we can still be with them, and talk to them.... We don't just go on a thread because we aren't "stage 4"....

You are not a hypochondriac.... we can still complain about our stuff.... like my hands.... and the stupid stuff I talk about.... but we love these gals...

Okay....! I made a Quinoa salad just now! It is sooooooo good! I bought a tiny bit from the "salad-bar" ar our Sooper market, and I had to buy some red-Quinoa, and mixed it with chopped black olives, fresh Italian Parsley, Artichoke hearts, and a little Pimientos... Olive oil, and lemon juice. I have enough if you guys want to come?

And fried pork steaks.... Ha! Can't have all stuff that is GOOD for you.... I brown the chops, then add water, and simmer them until tender. I don't have enough for ALL of you, but you could make reservations?

We went to the Cardiologist.... DH's pacemaker is good for another 7 years! And we shopped!

Sass.... I found some "Gel Gloves".... They have moisturizer oils in them, and make your hands so soft! I wore them over-night! They are HARD to get on and off, but they are worth it! I just ordered 2 more pair. They are as hard to get on and off as my Compression stockings..... so I am getting used to this stuff! Bawling

Hi Alyson, Cammi, Teka and Di! And Lilli, Shells and Ducky!

Shells, my ears are shot....I just can't hear, but at least I don't get dizzy.... I mean dizzier.... And I constantly hear "ringing" and squeaks! shut up Cammi!

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

tinnitus is my constant companion.......but shit happens......right

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

Yum. I love quinoa! Give me a few min to change, I'll be right over. Will I need boots? Is there snow?

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

Hi kids...check out my new compression sleeve and gauntlet....why be boring...

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

GMA....your pain, nausea, dizziness is REAL....love you gal!

I was so happy to meet you in person too!

ONE--DAY--AT--A--TIME.....one step at a time....recovery is sometimes longer and harder than we EVER anticipated....wish you wellness at your own speed.

Hugs,

Di