Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

Dana,

LOVE LOVE LOVE anything purple....but an thankful I don't need compression sleeves.....(knocking on my head)

Di

• di2012
    edited November 2013

Spookie.....I love quinoa too, so much we buy the big bags of it at Costco.....

Your dog is darling.....Maltese? or what breed is she or he?

• di2012
    edited November 2013

Spookie.....I love quinoa too, so much we buy the big bags of it at Costco.....

Your dog is darling.....Maltese? or what breed is she or he?

Di

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited November 2013

di have you considered changing to the Seattle cancer care alliance? I've been going there since shortly after my original diagnosis and am so thankful my husband took me there. The care is fantastic and they are really on top of the latest information sin e they are the treatment arm of Fred Hutchinson.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited November 2013

i buy my quinoa at Costco too. Happy

• di2012
    edited November 2013

Ducky,

I have a cousin that lives full time in West Cape May. (Don't know her last name since she married for a 2nd time.) My aunt use to live in CAPE MAY just a couple blocks from the big huge houses with the fret work and lovely details near the boardwalk....I remember walking to the beach/shore everyday with my cousins. Or going with my cousin and their boyfriends to Wildwood.

I also remember Cape May Convention Hall where they had entertainment, & dancing. My cousins tap dancing like cigarette boxes with just their head & legs sticking out of the box and at the end of the dance they would shout something like "LUCKY STRIKES" and up would pop a few "cigarettes"....after that there was a live band and young and old danced....that was in the 50's.....ahhhh memories.... I loved Cape May!

Di

• di2012
    edited November 2013

GG....you and I will have to meet up at H-mart and you can help me get the stuff for poke.....I WILL REMEMBER to bring GLOVES as that is the coldest store ever, and the poor checker all wear coats and gloves even in the summer time...love their produce....the BEST for Less than anywhere around.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

OMG GMA how can u say that---we are all so different---so many things that I'm going thru isn't cancer it's (to me) because of cancer and it goes on and on. Of course we hear and happy for all the women (men too) who are treated and do really well, and there's others that are treated and still get bad SE's for long periods of time. So please don't let that be the reason u don't post. Besides I'm the Drama Queen around here ChevySick

OK I have no idea what quinoa is, maybe I do, but I never heard that name before.

• di2012
    edited November 2013

GG,

I think driving to Seattle to CCA would drive me to the loony bin....and do they even take Medicare? I hate Seattle traffic....and I use to work in Seattle and drove every day....yuk!....had clients all over the city and the eastside.

I lost my very best friend to brain cancer 16 years ago Oct 30 (on her birthday) and she was scheduled to go to CCA in Texas as they had a great reputation for brain tumors, but she took a turn and the doctors at Swedish told her hubby to take her home ( she had had surgery at UW and in San Francisco and CCA was a last hope for her)....she died a couple weeks later with her her husband at her side in their bed, family & me saying good by just a few hours before she passed.

CANCER SUCKS!!!! Scared

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

Di. Spookie is a Maltese, she turned 4 on Halloween.

Cami, quinoa is pronounced keenwah. It sort of looks like bird seed when not cooked. It's really good, and good for you! Lots of protein.

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

Thanks Spookie, but I honestly never heard of or had it. Hmmmmm

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited November 2013

Quinoa is an ancient grain discovered in Peru.

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited November 2013

Cancer SUCKS big time!

Have a PETscan scheduled for tomorrow.  MO is very concerned about my ongoing weight loss, balance issues and extreem fatigue and so wants the scan to rule out mets.  I have to admit to being more than a bit up tight tonight.

• di2012
    edited November 2013

Chabba....in your pocket tomorrow....my thought are with you!

Di

• di2012
    edited November 2013

My MO/Hemotologist called me this afternoon....of course my PCP screwed up some of the blood test ordered, but am still anemic, I will have my marrow biopsy and bone marrow aspiration in Jan. after recovering from my two surgeries in Nov and Dec....then I will know if I have a MDS/blood cancer of some kind....and know what is maybe going on.

Di

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

Miss Chabba and Miss Di....sending many positive and peaceful thought your way  xoxo

I keep hearing good things abou Quinoa   How do you make it?

• di2012
    edited November 2013

Cami....here is a pic of Quinoa....it is a tiny grain....good for you grain....low glycemic index....I use it instead of rice, or potatoes, in salads, soups...as a side dish, even desserts

• di2012
    edited November 2013

Quinoa is a tiny grain...I boil in water or broth just like rice...use it in hot or cold salads, or just as a side dish (like rice or potatoes) in soups, or desserts has a LOW glycemic index too....good for me food

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2013

GMA, Don't let them convince you you're a hypochrondiac. You are having real pain and real dizziness and it doesn't really matter what it's from--it's real. They are just frustrated because they can't figure it out.

Chabba, In your pocket tomorrow. Here's hoping for boring results.

DH makes steel cut oats and adds flax seeds and quinoa. Makes a filling breakfast that keeps you from getting hungry for a long time. We've also used it in tabouli, the middle eastern salad.

• di2012
    edited November 2013

Wren....I have to try making the tabouleh with quinoa....instead of bulgar...

Anyone know if it is true to avoid FLAX before surgery? I sometimes bread my fish filets with crushed flax and it gets crunchy crust if I Misto it with a little olive oil, and bake it.

Saw your part of the world in the newspaper yesterday....wow has it changed since I was last in that area!

Di

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

Chabba my prayers are for u and with u for good results.

And Di for u also--u've got a lot too I'm so sorry u both are going thru this chit. And Di thanks for the pic and Julie u are so on top of everything. But I was right I've never seen or heard of it before Wow to be this old and not know that.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited November 2013

Chabba,

In your pocket tomorrow with the rest of the hooligans!

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited November 2013

Thanks ladies.  Just knowing others care helps.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited November 2013

In your pocket Chabette.

Quinoa is also very high in protein. Very versatile, you can do almost anything with it.

Flax seed, steel cut oats ...... you're speaking my language!

Made some dal with yellow lentils - OMIGOD it was soooooooo good. Of course you can't miss with onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, butter, green chili, cayenne, cumin seed and garam masala soooooooooONO.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

Morning GG...LittleGardens! And Spookie... We waited for you! I saw someone out in the street with the cutest little dog, but you were at the wrong house! And we ate it all up. image

Hello little Cammi! You mean YOU are the drama-queen? I don't think so.... Unless you WANT to be...? Where do you live? Never heard of Quinoa? I don't think most men have a clue either.... What about Couscous? Being Italian, that explains it.... Ha! It probably wasn't even around then.... Did you eat Pastine? (His Family called it "Poshtina") With butter? We always fed that to our little girls... That is like couscous...only a little larger bits.

Di, that was a sad story about your friend.... Geez! How awful, and so young! I'm sorry.........

Spookie.... It DOES look like bird-seed.... Ha!

Yes Julianna.... My package says "Authentic... From the ANDES"...

Something new for me anyway.... and really good!

Chabba.... We are with you.... wish I could help you through this... just let us know... I don't blame you for being worried... I would be too!

Di, don't even think about what it "could" be.... just don't worry... maybe it's something that can be fixed? Can you get those tests done before JANUARY? WTH? It's too hard to wait! You want US to call? No, you probably wouldn't want THAT...image

Morning Wren... Have you ever tried those little crackers, called "Mary's Gone Crackers" ??? They have sesame, flax, a few other things, and are sold in the healthy markets, because they are Gluten-free.... Cammi! Don't even worry your pretty little head about it. But THEY are the BEST with seasoned goat-cheese, like I make...

Hi Shells.... ! Hugs to you all..... xooxoxo

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

Chabba, I'm joining your pocket party.

Di, I hope they figure out your anemia soon.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited November 2013

ChickaD - I am getting that one in blue :) I hope the aloe infusion doesn't give me a rash - Reacted to aloe on my radiated side during the treatment. Haven't bought them yet - one of my supervisors at JoAnns wants to buy me a set for Christmas - Being bilateral it becomes quite expensive to buy them.

I'm in Everyones pocket - even if I don't say much here - I do go for my vaginal US tomorrow afternoon. I hope the doc is right and its nothing.

Ok, Back to work for me -

Headphones

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013

Hey Hoolies,

Wanted to pop in and say Hi. I've been keeping up with the reading, but sorry I don't have time to respond to all personally. Just wanted to let you all know I am thinking about and praying for all of you with whatever it is you are dealing with right now. It doesn't matter what it is or where it comes from, it all can just suck and wear you down. And it hurts when you feel something and someone tromps on those feelings. It is all about perception sometimes and people need to realize we don't always view things the same way , but that doesn't make us wrong. It is how we feel. Right GmaFoley!!

I'm in the pockets even if I am quiet, for a change! DH had his surgery yesterday and have a sick kid on top of it, so just got back from an unexpected doctor appointment. Now I'm headed to get zapped and see the PS. Ughhhh is it even close to Friday yet???

In the meantime I am sending cyberhugs! (and yes, the bear is naked Smile)

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013

Ok, this is as close to Chambray as I could come on short schedule!!!

Good day ladies, I hope the elevator is leaving the basement and heading to the Penthouse!!!

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

Hugs Miss Gma and Miss 4 xoxo

At chemo today......woohoo