Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

Lucky me, I have fibro too. I hang on a fibro board too. Gabby is frequently rx'd, some get relief, I couldn't tolerate it. I think it's in the same class as Lyrica.

What helped my fibro pain THE most was vitamin D3. I don't hurt nearly as much. I was waaaaay low on it, per Quest lab

Doesn't do anything for the other over 100 symptoms I can't control, like weather

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited November 2013

I'll leave it up to Shells to figure out where this is. I've actually been swimming in here.

Here's another one but don't know except Hawaii.

Spookie - something like this???

or maybe like this

Too pooped to pop. Went yest. to Ft. Worth to funeral of 40 year+ friend's father Methodist minister. Today accompanied fellow church sister to the airport via back roads to pick up her mother for a wedding. All the roads in north FW are under construction so I rode shotgun. We didn't get lost or have to make a U-turn. She has to go back at 10 tonight but her DD will go with her.

I think the county is just not sending out the tax stmts. or sending them to prev. mortgage comp. Still doesn't explain why we don't get duplicate. We got oodles of voting stuff on water prop. and I seem to get same junk mail here at home as I get at PO box. My onco. mailed a stmt early Sept that never got to PO box. I did one day get mail of someone who is on another street with 5-6 houses in between. You betcha I complained to po manager. I was going tomorrow to co. office but too pooped. Will just make it to PT and back. Will do it on Friday. Not due until Feb. DH is an overachiever. LOL

Our holidays are falling apart. I think I've said I have a small family just DH, DD, DB and his family. DH and DD in retail and both working day after Thanks. and Christmas and with Christmas falling mid week may not work out for her. AND DH has to work the next weekend. We only live about an hour apart but can't seem to get together.

Hope Flatsy is out of surgery and doing well.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Chit I was thinking Flatsy surgery was tomorrow-I get so confused around here. I hope she's doing well.

You know there are quite a few of u with Fibro--in fact I never even knew anyone with that and so man of u have that, it must be awful, I see those commercials and I know if u'r nerves are hurting, burning it so painful and then to go thru all this. I'm so sorry for u all.

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2013

LG yeah! That's the idea!

I pound this in my yard every holiday. DH hates it. Ha

• jelson
    jelson Member Posts: 622
    edited November 2013

Sas-Schatzi

thanks for the invite, sign me up - Jelson/Julie!!!!!

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2013

Morning/evening /afternoon (which it is here)

Well here's another with fibro and I cannot take gabapentin or anything of that type. Went into shock after one dose and the very lowest at that - it was awful. But I do know someone who has taken it for a long time and finds it works.

If you want a summer Christmas Spookie you will have to come down my way. Its starting to warm up now so here's to a sunny December and January.

image> Now this is Christmas

• Alyson
    edited November 2013

image Tried to post this let's see if it work this time

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2013

Yep that's what we have. The first year we were here it was 85. Not a flake in sight. I hate the stuff

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

Spookie  I agree---no snow--sunshine and shorts for  the holidays. The longer I'm down here the more people are moving here. This keeps up, I'll be back in a large family. Where is that fibro board.

Alyson, RA and fibro, chit, and double chit. What do you use to keep it al under control?

Spookie and Aly  Did the drugs for treatment make things worse. Were you on AI's or Tamox? Did they make it worse? Did you have to have Neulasta or neupogen?   for me the neulasta made the pain unbearable. I had the nurses knock me out with drugs. The "wolves gnawing at your bones" started with me. I loaned it to Chickie. The AI's have wrecked me.---I'm letting loose now, I'll survive. You know push it aside.. So Chickie and Spookie are on Gaba. I have often wondered if we fibro's & post polios have a different response to the drugs.

LMG, Toilets cute, keep the ideas coming. That shot with the rainbow---cool the end of the rainbow

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Hey Hoolies w ehave a new Hoolie in training (HIT)---Jelson, julie,--new name jellie Yay welcome HIT Dive in. Hope your a pic poster. We like pics..

• Alyson
    edited November 2013

Sas I am post polio as well. For me drugs cause problems and I have to be careful. I was on femara when I tried the Gaba. I take brufen, paracode, tramadol with paracetamol.And I have prednisone to have if things get really bad. So its just pain relief haha, sometimes it works,

Stupid cancer it has just complicated everything. Sometimes it is so hard to explain why I have continual health problems.

sleep time in this part of the world.

night night.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

We have a Jellie? Jellie, you HAVE to write more than that.... I MISSED you the first time, Ha!

Glad Sassy invited you, or whatever she did...to get you here....Winking

How's THIS? I teamed you up with Peanut Butter!

On never mind, it won't let me post the picture of a PB sandwich....

• jelson
    jelson Member Posts: 622
    edited November 2013

Jellie it is,

NY born and raised - 2 kids, husband and rabbit. will check out how to post pix, may even post an avatar!

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

Welcome to the hooligan gang, Jellie

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2013

Sas. Been messing with fibro over 20 years, way before bc. Not on gabba. Couldn't remember working the morning shift. I'd have to check the bus for dents to see if I'd hit anything.

Check out HealingWell.com go to the fibro board.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

There was a baby boy born in Missouri, his stats are

8 Lbs, @ 9 :10 am , on 11/12/13 That would be hard to top even in a century

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited November 2013

Sas - that baby will be in the news Alot!

I have a check up with the MO today. Nutritionist wanted me to go if the dizzy and nausea lasted longer than a month.. Didn't go but now, the regular appt came... I so don't want to go..

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

Welcome Miss Jellie!

Here is my view today....a bit different than the one a few days ago...lol

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2013

Chickie....."breathtaking...."..looks like a winter wonderland...."

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

ChickaD.....BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it!

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Thanks MissDucky and Miss Di

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

MissTeka...great idea

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Welcome Miss Jelly bean oops jus Jelly, sorry u'r here, but a wonderful group of ladies.

Chickieboomboom that reminds me of the old B/W movies with the beautiful snow scenes, how lovely it looks.

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Yes Miss Cami...it doezs

I'm at PT with my hand in some machine that has ground up corn husks that blows around...weird but feels goodfor the neuropathy...its called fluidotherapy

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited November 2013

GMA, good to hear from you. Hope your appt isn't too stressful

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

Chickie had that too after surgery on my wrist/arm for torn ligaments, and cartilage.......always came out of PT looking like I had a Cream of Wheat fight with someone from what blew out of the machine on to my pants...lol

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

LOL

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

ChickaD....I did that corn husk stuff machine as part of my PT, post op Thumb arthroplasty surgery last year.....all those husky things wanted to stay under my finger nails.....much harder surgery for me than my BMX...as the pin in my thumb was in for 8 weeks under a cast and was sooooo painful....I now have the pin in a tube at my desk.

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Ouch Miss Di...that sound painful

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

Di.......mine was horrible too.....3 hour surgery.....massive incision......10 weeks in a cast up to my arm pit, which had my arm bent on an angle.......thought it would never straighten out again......10 weeks of PT........must say cancer surgery was a cake walk compared to that.....although I would go through it 10 more times rather then 1 surgery with the cancer DX being the result.....