Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

4, my advice is to go with your gut. Trust what you instinctively know to be right for you. Weigh what your docs say, but make the best decision you can with the information you have and don't look back.

I will not take tamoxifen because I am much older than you and have a very bad family history for heart attacks and stroke. My MO said tamoxifen adds a 10-15% risk of problems with clots. If that happened to me because of tamoxifen, it would be catastrophic. So I am working my way through the AIs. Aromasin kicked my butt. My coworkers were calling me Sybil (of the multiple personalities) and I developed cognitive issues as well as being so inflexible I was afraid I was going to fall. Arimidex gave me severe fatigue after only 2 weeks. So now I am on Femara for the last month. So far so good, but we shall see.

I am very lucky for many reasons with BC. With DCIS, I will not have a problem stopping the meds if the SEs are too severe. I see it as just an extra layer of protection, primarily to reduce the risk of another BC. I realize your situation is much different than mine and I wish you well in your decision. All of these things we have decide are so difficult, especially because there is no way to know in advance if they will work. Damn BC!!

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

Yes, it is easy..... I did it with my Grand-sons.... You put the candle through a foil-covered paper plate... like the pictures.

You light one end.... and while your child is laying down, the suction from the heat of the flame, pulls any wax or infection out of your ear. It takes about 10-15 minutes.... Then you let it burn until it is about 3-4 inches from the plate..... Take it out, dunk it in a pan or bowl of cold water, and you can cut it open and see the wax it has pulled out.

You can also put a few drops of oil.... like Olive oil, sweet oil, or even Debrox, to soften it for about 15 minutes first. One candle usually isn't enough for my ears..... I will use maybe 2 or 3..... until I can hear, or until they quit itching....

I make sure the small end of the candle is opened.... I use an ice-pick to stick in there.... Also I don't like the ear candles with the little plastic tip in the bottom! Doesn't work as good.... I do my own, and hold a mirror up to see how far it is burning down.... I hold it in place with my flattened hand... and that keeps it "straight".....

If all else fails, you can try getting them flushed out by your Primary Care, but it didn't work with my ears.

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013

I sold an ice pick at a garage sale once. It was in a bin of old silverware and I didn't even know it was in there. Some guy brought it up and asked how much. I said fifty cents or something I don't really remember. But then I told him I needed to wipe it down so it didn't have any of my fingerprints on it!!! Hell, I didn't know what he was going to go do with it!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

SavGiGi,

Thanks! I know we all have to go with our guts and mine is just not settled yet. I went through this with chemo. They all wanted me to do something I was not comfortable with. I had to weigh everything and make a choice then dive in. I wouldn't even be thinking twice about this if it were not for the med change. Onc did ask if I would be willing to try the AI. He is open to discussion and knows me well enough by now that I am not leaving any stones unturned and will show up with questions and research so he better be able to back his answer!!

Yup, I am convinced one day my doctors are going to carpool to my house. One will distract me while the others disable my internet!!!

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2013

4......I waited 6 weeks before starting Femara (letrozole)......was scared shitless.........never got a friggin hot flash.........no weight gain......no increase in cholesterol.....but.......joint pain, fatigue, leg problems, and yes if a cop stopped me thinking I was DUI, I could not walk a straight line.....right to jail.....no passing ho, and no $200.....lol

They want me to try Arimidex.....can't do tammi.......had 6 leg phlebitis's, one with each baby.......AI's suck, but you need to make the decision.....

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

I cant help on this onw either, since I couldn't take any of them, but I would say, I would try anything to stop this shit from coming back...You do have to go with your gut. Spent the day trying to get health insurance, mine bites the dust the end of December. Its going to cost me 13000 a year without prescription lpan, more with it. I don't know how we'll do it, so much for affordable health care. What a crock. Im in shock.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

Oh Mary, that's awful! Are you on Medicare? If you do the Affordable Care Act, can you get the income subsidy? Can you get any help from your state, or drug companies?

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Oh Mary, I am so sorry. That really just sucks. Don't know what else to say. Sending hugs and prayers that something works out.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

Miss 4......cant help on the HT...I haven't been assigned mine yet!

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

On the who had it worst stories. MOM and Dad are right up there. Three kids that came down with Polio within 24 hours. Twins 2yrs 2 mos, son 4y/o. Outcome unknown for a very long time. DB lost use of a leg and multiple sx's, Twin had paralysis of half of face and poor movement of all extrmeties initially, but recovered, I had same fascial paralysis and extremity weakness, trapezius spinal accessory nerve, and diagprham  weakness. The stories went that If I didn't improve by morning, I'd be put in a lung. Hospital for months. Mom taking three busses winding through Detroit daily for months to be at her babies bedsides. . Physical therapy taught by public health nurse Mom kept the routine up for 4 years. The positive was I was a pretzel.Limber. Aftermath too long too hard to describe, She'd take care of us all day long and do laundry at night. She never lost the laundry ethic. Joke was could we keep the clothes on our bodies. They lost their home from the bills, but kept on plugging always. Great family support. Realatives brought food when there was no money for food, Cold showeres when the electric bill couldn't be paid. I got to HATE chicken necks, but they were dirt cheap.

In a younger time , the question was why didn't they get you vaccinated. WE preceded the vaccine. It was the last big polio outbreak in Detroit before the vaccine was approved in 54. I did have a moment though when I read in Salk's obit that he had vaccinated his kids in June of 52. We came down with it sept 19th 1952.. For years after reading that, I wondered what our lives would have been like without polio. What would normal feel like?

Then saw a documentary sometime in the 90's, in 1936 a vaccine was given to thousands of children. Almost all came down with full blown POLIO, it was a disaster. The government kept it quiet until it was declassified.. After that FDA rules got tighter. There were multiple trials with poor results. Salks was so sure of his vaccine he vaccinated his kids, it could of gone bad, but his kids were okay. When his vaccine was approved it changed history. BUT to late for us and others. Many from that time, knew many that had een afflicted.

Two others across the street had it, both lost use of an arm. We played allot of baseball. The arm guys would throw with their good arm and with their mits under their useless arm. Then would put their hand in and catch. I'd run bases for DB. Just kids doing pickup baseball in the corner lot. All the healthy kids were so used to it, they would do what was necessary. WE played well, some of my greatest memories.

Learned in the 90's I think, that the polio virus is absorbed in the large colon. I was floored. DEAR GM came in to watch us when DB taken in first. She gave us salt water enemas alternating twins all night long. No proof, but wonder what that meant to the outcome. I technically had the worst case--spinal bulbar  that's the respiratory component. Did Gm wash out enough virus to make a difference, It will never be known.

Halstead et all, wrote the first PPS book in 1980. He described much. But one description has stayed with me . "Of One Hundred people exposed to the polio virus, 1% will show paralytic s/s. Of the other 99 they experienced only Flu like symptoms. What did that mean in the long term. PPS for those that had a hospital admission it was determined the illness was severe enough to admit. Those with only flu like symptoms were not admitted. It didn't mean that the virus didn't affect their bodies. Just less was known." So, as we all aged, those that had a clearer hx of polio's assault, had more access to treatment. Of the 99, the question unanswered is ---what did it do to them? So, many in the age group that preceded vaccination, may have post polio sequeiae, but it isn't recognized as such.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Mary, praying

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

I am sending big hugs out to everyone!♥

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2013

Sas, When I was in 6th grade one of my best friends, who sat in front of me in school, got polio. She was lucky to only have a mild case and entertained us with stories of the kids throwing pork chops from bed to bed. When I was in 9th grade, the 10th grade star of the football team got polio and was paralyzed from the waist down. He used crutches and braces and had to swing his legs forward. He went on to be the class president, then the president of Okla U. He is still married to the cheerleader he was dating when he came down with it. What with post polio syndrome, I'm surprised he's not in a wheelchair. I think inventing the polio vaccine was one of the most important discoveries of our time.

Ducky, You might want to talk to your MO about the time frame for recurrence with your statistics. If it's 3-5 years, then I would probably stay on the meds. If it's more like 10 years, I'd take my chances. I'm 73, so if it recurred in 10 years I would be 83, about the age my family dies anyway. I did have 2 grandmothers who made their mid 90's, but neither smoked or drank and I did both.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Wren I started LOLing when u said well that's about when my family dies anyway. I'm sorry.

I never knew anyone that had polio (thank God) but as I remember when everyone was so afraid and reading about it, it seemed to go to areas with kids having it, then areas where no one got it and on and on. I wonder why or how it happened like that/ Of course BC was around then but u didn't hear about it so much or no one talked about it, all they called it was the big C. But polio had been around for a long long time then it seemed to just boom within a ten year period where that is all u heard about.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Cami I should know this, maybe do but forgot, Polio was the scrouge of summer. for decades. pre 1900 I forget. A doc friend that grew up in China said it was the scrouge of the middle class and the wealthy. Another doc from India where it is still a problem said effectively the same thing. Our little neighborhood was nicely middleclass Clean everything.

When we talked about the European movement of not bathing everyday LOL I did wonder. Do we bath to much? We have organisms all over our bodies that have lived with us quite happily for many millinia. Do any of those organisms have a benefit?

WE know if we disrupt the normal organisms in the vagina and mouth to anus, we can create total havoc.

Since we are entering a new era of antibiotic resistance with the concomitant problem of superbugs  new things will be learned.

What most people don't know is Staph Aureus is a resident organism of folds of the skin. >>>>neck , ears, hair follicles, armpits.groins, crotch, anus. Staph epidermis inhabits all open spaces--like the pairies. It wasn't till perhaps the 50's that they started to become a problem. They were definitely a problem by the late 70's. A nurse that contracted MRSA was considered to not be able to work in nursing again. A nurses feeling if it gives you a clue about the time middle to late 70's---talked about in whisper., was the same as some one dx'd with HIV/AIDS in the 80's. SOME may not see the analogy, but MRSA took away lively hoods and did not likely kill, but some were. HIVAIDS took away livelihoods and killed

Time went on, the superbugs gained wider colonization. The clostridium difficle did the same--C-diff. Orthodox medicines approach was throw more non resistant drugs at them. BUT the bacteria are winning..

When you think you are being pushed out of a hospital to soon. Remember --each day you are in a hospital , you have a greater likely hood of picking up a resistant bacteria. I gladly go home ASAP.

Since I did have the Operating room  experience, I maintained that all OR cleaning procedures should be maintained on the nursing units. I left the OR(OHIO) in the 70's. left the hospital(FLORIDA) in 2008. In late 2007 I saw things that I recommened back in the middle 80's, only being instituted then. Sounds crazy or preposterous whatever.

When our new hospital was being built the staff was asked for suggestions. The group that I worked with said they were happy with everything wrote a one page statement to that affect. I wrote 7-8 pages of suggested changes.

AM I brilliant --no  Am I observant--- yes. There is a difference in anyone that works many places within a structure than those that work in one small cubicle or department.---

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

I developed a theory in the 90's "the Rod Sterling Effect"  when he introduced the "Twilight Zone" He opened a door and beyond the door was a cloud. To enter the twilight zone the camera moved toward the cloud.. I was recovering a patient in recovery room. A scrub tech opened the door and said "Is this recovery". Why is unimportant. She'd worked in the building for 3 years or so---she didn't KNOW what was beyond the door. Yet she saw patients after surgery go through that door on a cart with anesthesia doc, doc, and nurse. BUT she wasn't sure what was beyond the door. Yet she knew they were going to recovery.

MY theory is that people know their own work well, their own space well, but what is beyond the door, they don't know well. In a Micro way this is fine. In a Macro way it is not fine. 34 nurses had become so acclimated to their small space that they couldn't make one suggestion on how to improve the hospital let alone their own work space that was to be moved back into the hospital.. I wrote seven to eight pages, b/c I'd worked everywhere. I'd gone beyond the door. Many doors.

Happy to report that all but one of my suggestions were incorporated. That was fun. Also, less back breaking..

The one suggestion not incorporated was that all rooms be private rooms. My suggestion was based on two primary reasons 1.Hippa 2.infection control.

Much more hx , but I'm sure your bored by now. Within two years the agency that defines national standards for new hospitals, set the standard of single patient rooms as the only standard for new hospitals based on HIPPA and infection control.  My old/local hospital announced this year all rooms will be single rooms. They just should have listened to me  LOL.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Oh sas I actually understood u, my brain must be better at this time, I just peed, LOL

When I was young I remember those few years of being afraid of polio in the summer??? Cuz that's when u really heard about it and I thought why does it wait for hot weather(I was only a kid)??? And u'r right about going home ASAP if needed u can always go back to ER but just get out cuz u r so open for infection. And the single room is absolutely the best if u are stuck in, it now lessens the chances for other things to crop up---I know how much u think about safety for disease control and, but I'm sure costs had something to do with things along the way until they made them do things. This is so stupid but I would always tell my same Dr. my rules for my operations everytime--he operated on me 4 times and my rules were don't talk on the phone, I don't care if it's speaker u'r distracted, don't open any doors--letting people in or out and don't let the anastesiologist (sp) ever leave my side hahaha and the last operation he actually said I can't promise u that the door won't open this time cuz I might need other equipment once I open u and have to change what I'm going to do and of course I said have it in there first??? Well he said that wasn't the procedure--of course we debated this for a while, as much as I don't know--I do know what bothers me even if I'm not awake---And one more thing he wouldn't promise me----I asked him not to have anyone talk about what they did for the weekend, or if it was Thurs--what they are going to do---cuz I wasn't a machine that they could just talk over and then correct I was real, but it was perfectly all right to sing. I watch to much TV LOL OK back to sleep I hope.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Cami, I'll start with the phone --well I did predated cellphones--no knowledge. BUT I nwill quess they are left in the locker rooms.

There is an intercom system to each room . it is used for specific purposes i.e calling for special equipment, support help, Cleaning. --joke later

Operating department have outside traveling corridors and an inside sterile /clean corridor. All doors are opened on the outside to an absolute minimum. I.E a delivery of a piece of equipment. . Inside doors on the sterile/clean cooridor are opened more often. What I find interesting is that you understand the importance of this-------where did you learn this? Yes it has to do with airflow. Airflow has to do with contaminants. BUT girl tell me where did you learn this?

Anesthesia---if you put it on the consent---my anesthesiologist is not allowed to leave the room unless they have diarrhea or are going to piss themselves. You can ask for the anesthesiologist to have support personnel. For my Brain sx, I had- 1 anes doc, 2 crna's and a student crna.  Two surgeons and a robot, A circulator and a scrub. and who knows was watching--it was a teaching hospital. You can limit who is in the room while you are being prepped if that is a concern. BUT Basically, you are just an interesting belly to them. They will have no memory of anything else.

If you want to blow his mind ask him if he has a "sterile table for opening and a clean closure table for closure." What this means is all instruments used going in are put away at a certain point, the clean closure table is then undraped in a special way. All new instruments are used for closure. For the type of sx you describe a clean closure table would not be indicated, but what the hell. It's not that big a deal to set up and if it makes you feel better about what's being done---go for it. But be prepared for his response "It's not part of this type of sx". Your's is a clean sx  i. e.  not entering a contaminated space within the abdomen. If he were to be entering the bowel lumen(inside), then a clean closure table is  needed.

Re: Talk, That was a difficult thing for me to understand when I started in the OR. I thought the joking and stories were disrespectful. But what I learned was if the talking stopped, I'd be on a step stool looking in seeing why. When the talking stopped there was some sort of trouble. My ears as bad as they were, were always attuned to the table talk. The minute it got quiet, I'd act like a prowling cat anticipating what might be needed. AS a scrub , I'd be thinking what instrument might be needed and call for it before the doc would think that that's what was needed. Circulating and scrubbing are NOT handmaiden jobs, if the person is well trained.. I prided myself of getting through a sx without a surgeon asking for much at all. I'd know the sx so well, I knew what he need  for each step.----diverging(ah memories)

Back to talking at the table. Ask the doc to teach all the time, if you don't want extraneous --how was your weekend talk. Teaching the whole time would be great for all involved. Babe, this surgeon knows his stuff, his mentor that trained him thinks so highly of him he sent you to him. That's big. The student is greater than the teacher. COOL

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

I said their was a joke---I was new in the OR. At the end of a sx a clean up is done. You'd call on the whole OR intercom for a mop in room X. I was inexperienced and nervous first time calling. For the whole OR to hear I said "I need moop(MOP) in room...pause...".OH hell I don't know what room I'm in" didn't know the mic was still open. LOL I was a rookie then. Loved those people. I often think how life would have been if I had just stayed there. There were no toads. OR people are the most dependable for back up. They have the same mind set. All of it revolves around safety and maintaining the highest standards. At least the group I worked with. Nice memories

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Wren thanks for sharing that story. So, typical of the time. Walking one day, not the next. When I started nursing school in 1971, it was at the hospital in downtown Detroit that we were in. The wing was closed off, another two students and myself snuck up to the area. Can't say I recognized anything. But I did see multiple Iron Lungs. It was chilling. If anyone has seen the movie " Five Pennies" with Danny Kaye. It gives an idea of what families went through.

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

https://ma.aarpmedicareplans.com/2013/hello/schedule-an-appointment?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=881659&gclid=CMnXxf_q8LoCFUJlMgodtVQAsA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Mary, have you looked into this health insurance? We have had this type for years! I have seen it advertised on TV, and we still get ads.... But we have the plan where we pay $0 a month! Wouldn't hurt to look into...

We are both retired.... maybe we are older than you?

Good information Sassy! Yes, I hear of more people getting sick while in the hospital! I went yesterday for my annual diagnostic mammogram......

Got the reminder, called to make the appt...... Called back last week to "pre-register".... Left early, with DH.... had a little breakfast in Cafeteria..... Still too early, so we walked around more....

Finally went to the Breast Care Center... Filled out more papers.... Waited... 20 minutes she called my name. Took me back, gave me that nice warm flannel size 1000 gown, got undressed, and waited. She came right back, said "Your Doc has not given us the order yet, for your mammogram!" So I said "Can't you CALL her and see what the problem is? I mean YOUR office sent ME the reminder to schedule, and called me BACK to pre-register, and wouldn't SOMEone think of checking on the "order?"

She then went to "call"..... came back, said "your Doctor is out sick, and they will not do your mammogram without the "order" I wanted right then to say Fu$$ the order! So I had to get dressed, and leave........

I called Dr. office myself when we got home.... I asked her kindly to please fax over the ORDER for the Mammogram.... She said they did! I said but you said the DOCTOR is sick! She said she IS, but the nurse sent it over!.... I said "WHY COULDN'T SHE DO THAT WHEN THE BREAST CENTER CALLED YOU?" She apologized.

I then called the Breast center yet again.... THEY apologized. EVERYone fu$K$nG apoligized. And I was home short of one mammogram. New appointment next Wednesday. Damnit! You are scared enough to even GET one, then to have all that BS just made me a little irritated!!! Too many people! And no-one knows what the hell the other one is doing.

Okay I'm done now.... Glad I got to get that off my chest. (there must be some sort of joke there.)

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Good Tuesday Morning Hoolies!

Haven't read to catch up yet, so can't comment yet. Still on first cup of coffee, but All 5 out the door. So my house is quiet, except for the smoke detector that needs a new battery and chirped at me all night long. I am going to go beat it with a broom handle until it falls off the wall and shuts up. I'll be back! (that's a polite warning by the way Nerdy)

For Cami!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

I had a great Aunt Puddy, yes Puddy! When she was little she could not say the word "pretty", came out puddy, so there you go! Well her mom was canning peaches one summer day and she kept running into the kitchen to steal peaches. Ate them all day long. That night she was stricken with Polio. Peaches had nothing to do with it, but she never at another one! She walked with a funny gate as she had a club foot that dropped on her so she had to swing her leg around with each step. Lived well into her 80s though!

Polio vaccine was a must for the kids. I was upset when they quit giving the oral, killed live virus because what they replaced with was not quite as effective if I remember correctly. I questioned some of the vaccines and a lot of the preservatives too. Polio was not one I questioned. It also amazed me how much the vaccines changed just in the time span between my oldest and youngest. My 16 year old just got the Hep vaccine and the HPV one. My 14 year old asked after reading about it "how do you get venereal warts in your throat?" I just raised an eyebrow and gave him a second. Then got the "EEWWEE GROSS!"

Sas-I came home day after my first Mx and same day with my second! I would have gone home same day with my first like they said I could but they convinced DH I should stay. He said OK, but you tell her cuz she's gonna be pissed! Boy was he right! Felt fine, no reason to be there. Didn't even take any pain meds. So second time they didn't make that mistake. Doc says are you sure you want to go home. I said "Hell yes, they make people sick in hospitals!" I may have germs at home, but they are my family germs and we get along great!! Hospital I go to has been in Atlanta for a long time, but it is all private rooms. Drive past 2 others to get there. When we moved here we were told by everyone, don't go to KS unless you are bleeding out!

My husband runs into same trouble at work. People with less experience and variety that don't like input and have all the answers. Unfortunately sometimes they are the boss and get paid more. It is also my experience, like with the teachers, sometimes people don't speak up because they are afraid of the reprecussions (sp) whether they are professional or personal. Sometimes they fear for their job, sometimes they don't want to be the squeaky wheel and have everyone pissed at them for "showing off", or whatever stupid thing happens when you are just trying to make suggestions or improvements.

OMG--heart failure, thought I just lost my post when the mouse fell. forward button found it. Whew!

Nope, not bored yet, just wandering down post by post!

Hi Chicadee. You are such a TEASE!! I get your emails with those nice tropical pictures and can't go any of those places, at least not until the kids are through school and I knock over a 7-11!

Good Morning Teka of few words!!

Hi Wren! Nice story about the football guy. I also agree with you about Ducky and the meds. There has to be a way not to be so miserable and still be relatively safe. Especially at her age. Not saying she is old cuz ladies in my family make it to their 90s. I better be one of them!!!

Ducky--did they do an oncotype??? or give you a Ki-67 number ?

Cami-it IS easier to understand when your brain is not floating!! Good rules for the docs too. I gave mine a list too and no catheter was on there! I also showed up with a diagram I drew and said "cut here"! To many years sewing and doing dress alterations I guess. I can alter a bust line with the best of them!

Ok....hitting submit and moving to next page!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Yes Sas, I would think a quiet OR is a tense OR! I always think of that episode of Chicago Hope when Christine Lahti is operating on a guy she knew and said "It looks like a button on a fur coat" Only problem was the guy could hear everything cuz the drugs hadn't worked right!!! I bet you have lots of good memories and some funny stories too.

Chevy, that just downright F*C!#ng SUX! Next time call your docs office before you give back the size 1000 gown!

OK think I am caught up. Going for more coffee then it is off to elementary school for turkey lunch for the annual Thanksgiving thing. Only get to do this 2 more years. My older kids wouldn't care if I showed up for lunch, but don't want them ridiculed! They tell me their friends say I am the cool mom though, so I will take that!

Later Hoolies!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited November 2013

Mary I'm in the same boat - No medicare - I have 6 years to go and my job and DH's job doesn't let us get assistance. That being said for a $12,000 deductible my DH and I would have to pay $1100/month and we can't afford that. We would go bankrupt.. So as of the end of December when the fabric store is not offering health care to part-timers, I will also be out of insurance.. So much for an "Affordable Health Care" - Ok I will STFU now. Or not - Does this mean that the new healthcare is helping the healthy and leaving the unhealthy to .......??? I know God will pull me through this trial, but I must admit - I'm scared - I won't beable to get pain meds, and LE treatment when needed I'm kinda up SH,,,,,,T Creek..

This is for all of you struggling like Mary and I are:

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Gma, a HUG from you always makes us feel better!

This new affordable healthcare is just a big pile of

They are taking insurance from the people that work and have paid in for years and giving it to the people that have always been able to get it for free anyhow by enrolling in the "system". I know people on disability that sure as hell don't need it and know others who struggle through and don't ever ask for it. What we have isn't a great system, but it sure as chit aint getting better with this new O-Care Plan. Maybe the O is for "Oh, sorry I screwed you, AGAIN"

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited November 2013

You can get insurance from the same companies OFF the Healthcare plan cheaper and I was told by our agent that if my DH and I get separate plans it even makes it a bit cheaper.. My DH is hardly ever sick so he is going on a Catastrophic plan and he said he was going to get me some decent plan because of all my med issues.. We shall see. It will still cost us close to $1000/month.. That is more than our house payment - there is something wrong with that...

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

There is ABSOLUTELY something wrong with that! I think we should all rally to get the congress and Senate insurance cancelled and let them find their own. Or do like Delta and UPS and only cover the employee and let them figure out how to get the spouse and kids covered on their own. EFFERS!

My parents have Medicare, but the price of that is going up so they are taking more out of the Social Security checks to cover it. So even the people that worked years and years and are in there 70s and 80s now are having to downsize. My parents are giving up their cell phone and cutting back on a bunch of other stuff too to make up the difference. I don't think being with out the cell phone is the best plan, but even though we don't get on swimmingly, I offered to put them on my plan and pay. They don't like my carrier so would rather play the MARTYR. Whatever. I don't want to hear about you walking down the road in the freezing rain because the tire blew out and you couldn't call anyone!

OK Now I STFU!!!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Couldn't not share this! Especially since Chevy grows these.....................