Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
    edited November 2013

Checking in to say hi......always running late. Sas --- since I was a Med. Corpsman in the service I am enjoying reading so much of your discussion.....fantastic. You are well-rounded and it would be wonderful if we all could be. We do so often get put in compartments/specialties and lose a lot of the functionality we could have. I understand that though. Even I specialized then.......worked OB-GYN as I thought it would be a happy place ( the clinic ) with people becoming Moms. Did make us rotate through ER once every couple of months.

Also remember some of the polio scares. I had Rheumatic Fever about the same time. Got up one morning and I could not move my KNEES/legs without excruciating pain. Mom and Dad were terrified that I had polio. Very small town here and the Dr. was not sure how to treat my illness............so the next 7 months were spent flat on my back in bed. Had 12 pills to take every four hours. What a pain. We were a poor family. My mother managed to buy really good food for me...........un-beknownst to me, my sister, Mom and Dad were at the table eating tomato soup most nights while I had pork chops, peas, potato's.......I had no idea. My mom threatened great bodily harm to my sister if she ever told me........but being the horror she was......she finally did and I cried for years thinking of the sacrifices for my gangly, skinny kid. Families can be beautiful.

Lilli

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013

Yes Lilli, families can be beautiful. I am working very hard with my husband for the kids to break the cycle we both came from and keep each other close. My brother is in Japan and his siblings are all in town yet can never return a call. We have one sister we are close with, out of 6 siblings. Sad really. I was moved away from my cousins as a kid because my mom didn't get along with her mom, etc.............. REALLY trying to break that cycle!!

And, I am very well rounded. Just in all the wrong places!

Off to eat turkey, cafeteria style!!!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2013

Four, you cracked me up saying you knew how to alter a bust.

I read the Wikipedia site for polio to look for the origins. It's been around forever. The theory is that kids used to get it between 1 and 4. They had mild cases with almost no paralysis. Then as sanitation improved, the kids were older when they got it and were more likely to have severe effects. Also in the early 1900's people began moving to the cities and were living closer to each other. I remember hating that they always closed the swimming pool in the summer when it was really hot.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

We scrimped and sweated to pay our house off early so we wouldn't have to worry about it when we got older...Time to travel and do what we wanted to do.Luckily we always paid cash for most things. We only have 1 credit card, (plus home depot) but who couldn't deny a hd credit card? We will try to get help from healthcare.gov with the monthly payments, don't know if we qualfiy for that either. Looking into it.Dont know who came up with this one but, Lifes a bitch and then you die.Bawling

• flat13good
    flat13good Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2013

Life is a bitch  I have a job with great benefits but even for us things are changing.  The monthly preimium went up and then the Letrozole is no longer on the list of maintence drugs that you get at no cost so I will see in January what the new cost will be.  I also paid my house off this year YES !!!!  As a single parent I hope Life will be better - paying down the Home Line of credit, Car and credit card. After that I hope it gets easier.  I know my situation is not near as bad as some of you have with the new Healthcare laws but it is still change to my monthly budget and that will take some getting used to.  I guess we will all feel the changes in our lives and we can come here and bitch so we feel better....... Thanks for listening lunch is over so back to work.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Hi guys I have a few minutes before I get my phone call from the hospital going over my procedure and stuff that I gone over only like 50 times and it's all in the computer, altho I commend them for being so on top of things, tthey told me it will take about 1/2 hr. Ha 1/2 hr when I;ve been to a bunch of Drs. and been to this one before and everything is in their computer--the only thing that concerns me is waking up, I never cared about what they do or what they find or much else

Chevy yes I have something to say--u said if Sas was u'r age---Chevy my love no one here is u'r age u'r the oldest (quiet Ducky, u'r the sexiest etc) and Sas to me whatever I do know is just common sense, but I do remember years ago when u got an operation they told u not to have nail polish on, lipstick and they preferred no makeup, but they didn't care about u'r hair they were covering it anyway. LOL Of course I know why---oops I just talked to the hospital for Thurs--hahaha no make-up, nail polish, or lipstick hahaha maybe cua I never wear makeup I don't remember being told I guess. ooops mu job is calling

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2013

my oncotype score was 8.........

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Cami, my stupid pre-op, that THEY scheduled, they made me do a preg test. This was a Weds. Following Weds I show up for surgery and they hand me another cup. I'm like REALLY, you must be mistaken. I just finished chemo and I just peed in somebody's cup last week. They said it had to be within 7 days. It was the 8th day by a few hours and they charge over $150 a test to dip some litmus paper into it. STFU!!

Ducky, that is an awesome oncotype! If it were me and that med was being that cruel, I would have a lot of thinking to do. Again too many questions, not enough answers, just more questions and stats. UGHHHHH

Flatsy, Sorry about your insurance and meds too. We got off lucky that DH's company is not changing and they pay 100%. For now...KNock on any wood I can find. (Cami and Chevy, I actually meant REAL wood, you know like from trees, in forests!)

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

Miss 4...LOL on vacation emails! 

I too will be losing my health insurance after December..had a face to face with my boss of 30 years and he said he cant afford my health ins.....I get it..it cost $2,000 per month...ouch.

So now I am scrambling to figure this out...how are we supposed to afford health ins when I am not working...ugh

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

I survived.....have a white bandage all over my head...PS called it my football helmet....cannot wear my glasses so can't see real well...in at 6:45am out at 5 :15....long surgery and yes I was awake some of the time...told I would be....just remember doctor talking and then drifting off...did not feel pain when semo awake....helmet and ear drain tubes out tomorrow....new head gear too...taking pics...but can't ppost yet....hope this is not a mess.

Jugs,

di

• flat13good
    flat13good Member Posts: 74
    edited November 2013

ouch I have nothing to complain about......4444 you make me laugh I only thought of real wood that is sad the other does not even come to mind anymore. maybe someday it will again at least I can still laugh about it.

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

This totally made me laugh...anyone relate?

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited November 2013

Damn - the health insurance woes my hoolies are experiencing.

Part of the reason I had to retire from Kaiser when my position ended, instead of being a "call-in" status until another job opened up, is that I would have lost my retirement health care for DH, son and I if I didn't formally retire. Now I hear that they are doing away with medical for new retirees starting in 2015. Mine won't be affected. Anyone hired after 1985 has to wait until they are 65, but I was hired in 1984 so got lifetime medical for DH, myself and DS until he is age 26. DH's 100% disabled vet status gets all of my and DS's co-pays and medications, so we both have completely free health care. DH's co-pays run about $1500 a year. So I better not complain and STFU!!!

I am working over 50 hours a week, but this job pays time and a half for overtime, so maybe our finances might get back to where they were prior to layoff. I really don't give a sh**, I would like to have more sleep, though!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Good Morning Hoolies!

Shells that's awesome about your insurance! I hope all the others get something good worked out too. How's your DH? I hope he is feeling better and you guys gt some R&R sometime soon!

Cami, if I don't see you before I'm in your pocket tomorrow! I'll get in there tonight so I don't have to open the OR door tomorrow!

Gotta run. Another yummy turkey lunch at school. And my 11 year old looked SO grown up today getting on the charter bus to head out on their class trip!

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

The rainbow is beautiful, Teka. Thanks for sharing with us.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

Cami in your pocket SillyHeartDi,happy face:SillyHeart
    Mary, soc security disability? Stage 4 you should get day 1 coverage?

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
    edited November 2013

Cami....hope here is room for me in the pocket too.

Lilli

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

Cami, count me in!!!

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

Me too Cam

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

Cami, I'm joining the pocket party, too!

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Miss Camomile......hanging out in your pocket my friend!

Princess Di....glad you are safe!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

You girls Rock! The way you look out for each other!

Thinking good thoughts Cami!

When is Blondies procedure? Anyone know?

Hey!! This is my 1000 post! I obviously don't know when or how to STFU ;0)

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

no 4......check me......lol

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Yes, but I have not even been here 6 months. Lol!!

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

well that's true.....lol

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

me 2 Cami!

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited November 2013

Cami - in your pocket tomorrow.

Di - how you feeling?

I thought I had seen a date for Blondie's biopsy but could not find it.

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

I thought I had seen a date too, just couldn't remember what it was.

Di, hope you are still feeling good. We know you are looking good!Winking

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

Ladies, feeling pretty good...continue to get my beauty sleep.....saw the PS today and I am doing good.....took the football helmet sized bandage off and now can hear a bit....there was so much padding around my ears....it was difficult to hear before the helmet was removed.....my jowls are now by the sides of my mouth ....as PS said that the purple ink on my face was the marking of my jowls.....very pleased that the gobbler is gone....didn't knowI I was going to have a bit of lipo on neck and jowls. I was told they thought I had a hot flash during surgery, as I was trying to move my arms and kicking of the warmer blanket, so they lightened anesthesia (IV) and ask me what was wrong and I said I was hot (I was probably trying. to rip off my clothes too but my hands were strapped download.....put me deeper into anesthesia and changed to a cool blower on me.I also remember when my doc had me sit up(during surgery) and make a grimace and a smile....he was checking if facial nerves were working.

Doing ok but I seemed to have puffed up this afternoon...as PS said I would.

CAMMI......I will be in your pocket....what is happening??? I must have been sleeping.....

just call me marshmellow face,

Di

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

For Thanksgiving day and the holidays, here ya go