Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

Love it Miss Spookie!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2013

Di, When DH had bypass surgery he wanted the little notebook he always carried around. He was still on the ventilator and couldn't talk. Next morning I went in and he had written 'hot' over and over all night long. I believe it. He'll have on short sleeves and I'm wearing fleece.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

Cammi, are you alright? Is everything over by now? I mean even the Chickens were asking about you.....

They are probably freezing their little butts off right now, because it is snowing and only 22 degrees out!

I'm just hoping that "they" can help re-arrange all your innards, and get them separated, so they don't hurt anymore....

WAIT? Is it your gizzard they are having so much trouble with? That thing is pretty sturdy, if it's the one I think it is....

And little Marshmallow face! I'll bet you're glad it's over!!!!!!!!! Do you, or will you have pics of before and after? So us gals can be jealous of you? I'm glad you are doing better!

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013

Good Morning Hoolies!

Just puttin' this out there for anyone that needs it, I know I do!

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited November 2013

32 degrees outside and dropping... got the sunroom (now cold room) up to 60 anyway - wish I drank hot drinks - I always seem to burn my tongue.

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Freezing here in Ohio...maybe I'll look skinnier as my cells shrink instead of expand in the heat....lol

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited November 2013

Had my 1st cup and will get 2nd shortly. We may have sleet/freezing rain in North Texas this weekend. Freaky for us. AND we had a 3.5 earthquake Tuesday evening. Like I said for you So. Ca. ladies that's nothing but it was a nice jolt for us. DH said sonic boom but I said earthquake. Now mind you that is about the 10th we've had this month and the biggest so I had good reason to say that. He grew up outside of LA so he poo-pooed it. We are on the upper end of the Balcones fault that runs down thru Austin.

Quatre - love the coffee graphic. I don't know some of those authors but do remember having to read Kafka. LOL. In Texas speak Gregor Samsa woke up and found out he had been transformed into a beetle.

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited November 2013

This is my view this cold cold morning - down to 31 degrees when I took this.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited November 2013

GMA, another ahhh moment. Thank you for your photo.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2013

Morning.

Lets see if this works today. Yesterday I wrote a long post and it vanished into cyber space.

Weather wise it is a beautiful day here and finally feel that cardigans can stay in the drawer. Think I might even bring out the white jeans today - it must be summer.

GMA that is so beautiful.

I have just had coffee and will have another - cafe coffee this time when I go up the road later. I do love my espresso machine which my DD2 gave me.

I wrote about health care yesterday and my bemusement of the US system. Having grown up with a state funded system it seems very strange to me. In the past month I have had a CT scan, a dexa bone scan and a follow up hospital appointment as well as visiting my GP and getting my prescription for my drugs and what did it cost. About $50 US for the docs visit. My drugs could start a small chemist shop I kid you not. It of course is not free because we pay through taxes. I have to have another scan because the nodules on my thyroid have grown and will decide after that whether to go private as we do have insurance but if it is something nasty the hospital are meant to treat me within a month. We have private insurance for non urgent medical things as this is a small country many elective things do take for ages to happen. And the private hospitals are really like hotels but if something goes wrong you get transfered back to public because they do not have IC units..

I know my cousin in PA pays a huge amount for insurance and has I think $5000 excess. Luckily my aunt has full health care as she worked for the Federal Gov.

Enough I must get moving as there is a big sale at our last old style department store in the city. I just love going into the shop as it will be beautifully decorated, we saw them unveiling their Christmas windows last week and they are just magic.

I do hope everyone is fine

Big hugs

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

Blondie's posting right now bx tomorrow. She sounds great!

• blondiex46
    blondiex46 Member Posts: 2,726
    edited November 2013

Yay Greyson

am going in for surgery (open lung biopsy) tomorrow you will be filling my pockets, will be in the hospital for a oouple of days....they are trying to figure out why I can't breathe without oxygen, me just grateful that people will wait on me and I will get my meals served to me.....lol

see you on the other side!!

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

I so wish I could do the side by side typing next to post that Chevy describes. I read think I'm going to remember and it's gone.

Jackie sorry it made you so sad for so many years about your parents not eating what you ate. Can't do a do over. But your parents loved you soooo much that for them it wasn't a sacrifice, they just wanted the best for their baby. I know you totally understand on an intellectual level, it's the emotional one that hurts. I love the verses that you find. They are so warming to the soul............... Jackie did you have any residual problems from the Rheumatic fever?

I guess each of us here  have had so many different trials growing up, that we are 'Paying it Forward" with each other and others.

So you were a nurse too? I think that makes 7 here then. Julianna, Shells, Littlegoats, me, Beatmom, Sweet Pea. Did I miss anyone?

I loved working the well baby nursery as a student and postpartum. It was a wonderfully happy time. But just as Ducky described about dear little Grayson, when things were bad the were horrible.

Ducky great to hear that Grayson is up. 4 is so right about little ones. The strides they make can be so major. Your little Grayson will be so special her whole life. This will be such a special Christmas for you all. Congratulations.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

In your pocket, Blondie. I hope the bx goes well and they find the answer.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

Blondie...in your pocket tomorrow, with gentle hugs

OKAY....pocket people...do not bump the marshmallow face...sore but off of pain meds...only one bruise on the side of my neck...but puffy

Di

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Flatsy, This suggestion might be difficult to do, maybe others can suggest the "how it could be analyzed". Hope I can make it clear. Known fact: There are cancer specific drugs. Question: If your insurance carrier is not covering a cancer specific drug that is  predominantly a female cancer, but covers a drug that IS predominantly a male, can this be shown to be discriminatory? If the insurance carrier covers the drugs, are they covered in the same proportion. There are drugs that are specific to the prostate, how do they compare to the BC drug coverage? I'm sure that this is on the internet somewhere. To search it I'd need the right keywords or phrase. I'm not coming up with the words right now. Could be the oxy interfering.

The Obama fiasco on healthcare will not go well in histories evaluation of his presidency. The congress has already passed legislation that allows employers another year to comply with the law. Which means that the monetary penalties for an employer are delayed for a year.

Everyone's aware of the fiasco for the worker/ consumer even trying to get registered, let alone find a plan. The promise that it was going to be cheaper has been shown to be false. Legislation is being proposed to allow workers/consumers another year to comply with the law, but it's not on the agenda yet. Employers are canceling insurances, downgrading employment status from full time to part time so they aren't required to pay insurance for an employee. So, unless congress acts like super quick, the worker consumer is not only going to have astronomical costs for healthcare. If they don't sign up b/c it will bankrupt them, they/we are going to face  tax penalties. The whole thing is absurd.

I've listened to Hannity. He can be strident in many ways, but at least he's trying to get the word out about some of the absurdities.

Besides the above, one is that the $650 million contract for setting up the computer system was given to a Canadian company. The Canadian company has a hx of screwing up something similar--sorry forget those details. Those details are actually very important b/c it showed that the company wasn't up to the task of creating a workable registration and insurance package system. BUT this company gave to Obamas re-election campaign.  Not like we have companies like Microsoft and Apple etc. right here in the USA.

If anyone here can suggest a source for info on this mess that is supplying good info, please, lets us know who you thinks doing a good job. Analogy I suppose would be like Watergate, It was the Washington post that wrote all the best intell.

Who is tracking this mess the best.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Blondie and Cami in your pockets L&H&P's sassy

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

In everybodies pockets!!!

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited November 2013

Decided to drop in and say, "Hello" to all you ladies.  My reconstruction surgery is coming up on Tuesday. I have a little anxiety here--hate to be cut on again and dependent on others. Working through until Monday evening and then surgery 7:30 Tuesday--hope all goes well and suppose to come home one day before Thanksgiving.  Pray all goes well for me ladies!  

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

We'll be in your pocket next week, dwill.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Dwilli in your pocket L&H&P's sassy

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Miss BlondeBombshell, Miss Camera and Miss Dwillie.....group pocket party!

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

For our newest angel Miss Veggy!
  • di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

I have a jar full of "pennies from heaven"....been keeping since my dad died in 2002.

Di

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited November 2013

I'll be in those pockets, tomorrow and Tuesday.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Geeze where do I start? OK I did talk to some of u already, so if u think I'm ignoring anyone I'm not u rascals.

But I really don't remember what I read, except Di's got a sweet marshmellow face. and not feeling to bad. U better show pics Di.

Sas I haven't heard or read anything good yet about this, especially with the fiasco of the computers.

4444 u'r so funny.

aww Cbhevy those poor chicks, yes I said it and the cat too, I hate if they are cold

BTW all of u almost got me thrown out today u made me say words like kinky and actually I really might offend some if I say more but it wasn't my fault and I treated u all nicely and u made me say way off color things in a room filled with YOUNG people, Drs. and nurses, OH my goodness, don't worry I'll be good in everyone's pocket and keep everyone quiet.  he took some biopsies and call next week--Oh I've heard that often.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2013

It got a bit crowded in there Cammi. Isn't it funny how most of the doctors and nurses have got so young?

Feeling a bit stiff and sore. Had my car run into on the way home from town, not too much damage but luckily the other driver is insured. Its just a nuisance.

We don't have pennies anymore, not even 5cent coins but we do have coin jars all the same.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited November 2013

Hi ladies. We are home from Hawaii. It was 86 when we left. We got home last night. It was 29.  I'm cold.

We moved our bed today, so will be sleeping in our new home for the first time tonight.  

In regards to the ACA..my brother-in-law is a success.  He had to use a phone to get enrolled due to the issues with the website, but he got health insurance for a very affordable rate and he's quite happy.  I would have pursued it but cannot take a chance on the possibility that those opposed to it could succeed. .. as I obviously have a preexisting condition

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited November 2013

GardenGumby,

Glad you got home safe and sound. Hope you were able to refresh your spirit in the Hawaiian sunshine.