Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

GG, glad u'r home, too bad it's so cold to come home to. Good for u'r DB for the insurance.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2013

Cami what you doing up in the middle of the night???

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Well first I had to pee, now I have to pee again, and I could barely move today so literally laid around now I'm more awake, but I feel exhausted go figure.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

Morning snow girls! It finally snowed her a little all day yesterday, and it was sooooooo cold..... It was like an "ice" event, instead of a "snow" one...Ha! That must mean something.

Sassy, yes, I'm doing hat now...! I have the "write mail" on the left, which automatically spell checks, and the blog on my right, so I can just type & read and scroll back and forth, without losing it all... like I usually do.

Mary, it is 22 degrees here now, and not supposed to warm up much here today...

Chickers... Yes, we look skinnier when we are cold! image The only thing that shrinks are my fingers.... my rings get looser... So I just wear gloves....Ha!

Littlegoats.... an earthquake? It DOES scare you! Did you hear it too? I remember one time, after Mom died, I was visiting my Dad... And I heard this SOUND that I thought it was for sure a train running into the house, and it RUMBLED, and I yelled, and went running into Dad's bedroom and flew on the bed, and he just calmly said... "it's okay honey, it's only an earthquake".... I just laid there shaking! Him being USED to it and all... but I WASN'T. It was just a 5. something...

And whose a beetle?

Morning Teka, Grammie and Kathy, and Alyson.... I don't understand anything about Obamacare, or why every-one's insurance has to be so outrageous! It can't be THAT hard to work with the Insurance Companies, who are the providers, AND the government.... or what does the government have to do with anything.

My idea is this... Maybe like Canada, Italy, Australia, we ought to have universal coverage... Like the government runs this, and NOT each individual insurance company... Isn't that how that works? And that means the hospitals would be run by the government?

I remember my Daughter's friends Husband got seriously ill while visiting in Italy... they went to the hospital.... and didn't have to go bank-rupt! The "State" took care of it. I don't know how it all works.... not even in Canada... but you would THINK SOMEone could figure this all out! And not make this such a confusing mess!

I'm afraid to say anything, because maybe our Insurance...(United Health Care Medicare Complete) will vanish somehow! Right now we are paying $0 a month... Yes, I know our SS pays for it, before we even see our check, but I just don't understand why ALL insurance companies can't work the same.

Sounds to me like a big cluster-fffffffff.

Yes.... Morning Blondie! So good to hear from you! No.... don't stop breathing.... makes it hard on a person to get around... Let us know when you are up and eating! image

So Di! How is little marshmallow face doing? Glad THAT one is over!

Dwilli... we never DID change your name...Ha! I would be anxious too. I'm saying prayers for you... but it will be over soon.

Chickers.... I love the Angel and the Penny! I can never walk past a penny I see laying in the street, or anywhere! I just thought it meant good luck! From now on, I'll remember they are from my guardian angels in heaven!

It's CAMMI!!! Dang girl... You're SLOW enough! Chickens got your tongue? Oooops ..... sorry..... I'll make sure those girls and that cat are warm by the time those stupid duck dynasty squatters go out of town next weekend... I'm sending her an email.... asking for "asylum" for their "pets"....Ha! I mean I'll ask her "If we should bring the cats bed back into their garage...(there IS a cat door) and if they could put that heat lamp back over it and her drinking water!!!!!!

They DID last year... that was before the chickens!

And then mention that the chickens NEED some kind of heat here in Colorado.... reminding them they LIVE in a State where the Winters can be rather harsh. Both of those two together don't have the brains of a Newt.

And littleGardens is home from Hawaii! Glad things are going better.

Okay....I'm done.... Lilli, are you alright? Come play with us! xoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

Good morning all and Chevy! The day started well. I could walk. Thank you to lots of pain meds. I know I told you about my cleaning gal. She is GREAT. It's like we've worked together for years. She has so lifted my spirits. Things will be in order for the holidays.

Now this is going to sound nuts, but another bad learning experience. I had Di wipe down the new shower enclosure. She found a whole strip that hadn't been caulked AND when she turned the faucet on NO water. I couldn't See that it wasn't caulked and The unit hasn't been used b/c the rest of the room is not done. Apparently, I never turned the water on after the guys finished installation. Home Depot is sending a plumber and project manager out Monday

GG glad you're back, nice to sleep in your own bed after a long trip. Nothing like clean sheets. Quite a shock to the system to come back and have it so cold. So, what was the best thing that happened in Hawaii? How was the family?

Cami, Am I screwed up(well yes I am), but I thought your sx was today.

Blondie thinking of you.

Di, hope the puffies are starting to go away

ALYSON, hope you don't have any booboos. It's always worse the second day. Feel better soon.

Missed allot , but have a great day, the dogs have to go out, I have to go with them b/c dini just goes over or under the fence. Great expenditure of money. Then I have to do battle with the insurance  company.

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/wild/unlikely-animal-friends/videos/the-tortoise-and-the-hippo/

This video is so cute....

And Morning Sass... No water? EeeeGads! Not good, girl-friend...Ha!

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013

Happt Friday Morning Hoolies!!!

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up. Been crazy this week plus I have a friend that just got the bad news so I have been trying to help her with information and support while she decided what to do about her surgery next week. Ughhhh, this chit is everywhere!

I will take my tablet and put it next to my monitor so I can do the side by side! Will that work Chevy??

Thinking about you today and this weekend Blondie! While in YOUR pocket we wouldn't want you to say anything "kinky". Cami they expect that from so we don't want to disappoint!!

Alyson, I hope you didn't wake up with any aches and pains today, well any more than normal! Accidents like that are a pain. Had one not to long ago and because I was the one in back I got the ticket! Of course, someone cut off the guy in front of me and just kept going, the guy I bumped even told the police that, but no, I got the ticket!

Hey Dwill! Good Luck with the surgery next week! I can't wait to get my swap in December. I had my final "FILL" yesterday and on the way home had to stop and register my foobs for a new zip code Nerdy

OK, I hope all else is well. Everyone sounds pretty good, but I just skimmed. I will go back and ketchup after I get a cup of Joe.........................

Chevy, thanks for the coffee! This guys name is Joe and I caught him trying to sneak into your chicken coup!!

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

No...! don't bother Joe.... He was looking for me.... I then found HIM! Ha, ha! We had coffee together.... in the hay....

I just sent my brain-less chicken neighbors an email, about me having this "heat mat" that I used for growing seedlings... Said we could use it to warm their cat's bed after they moved it back into their garage... And that heat lamp they used last year, kept her warm, and kept her dish of water from freezing.... And I asked if they wanted me and DH to help put the tarp around their chicken coop!!!!

You think they will take the hint? I didn't mention anything about them being brainless, air-head animal keepers, who couldn't take care of a flea! Nor did I call her a raggedy little twit who only cared about running around...! I restrained myself.

Yes 444444444.... It's so easy to type a "letter" (post) then copy it when you are ready.... that way I can look up sites, paste them there too, and pictures.... besides scroll the pages.... .. and then when I am done.... just highlight, copy and paste!

You have foobs? You GO girl!

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
    edited November 2013

Lilli

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Heading for my second cup!

Yes Chevy, Foobs! Was calling them FrankenFoobs, but the scars are almost invisible now! Hate to start over with new cuts but more than ready to get this coconut bra replaced with nice squishy ones! My expanders are now filled to 820 and 750, so they are quite firm! Hence the new zip code for them! I am 5'9" though so they are not getting their own country status, just a zip code.

When all is healed I am applying at Hooters for employment, when they deny me I figure it won't be based on the new girls so then I can sue for age discrimination! Anybody want in? We can go Class Action!

Still trying to ketchup. Also enjoying last day of silence before kids are here for the next 9!

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

4 you're so funny, is that ketchup versus mustard?

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited November 2013

Having hot tea as quicker than coffee. Miserable day here. Spitting kinda sleety pellets. Been out to PT and quick grocery - bread/milk LOL. Weather beginning to talk about significant ice storm Sunday night. Food no problem. Water been saving water jugs and goats have a big "kerosene" blue tank in garage never used to fill up. Heat have fireplace we've never used. Firewood is all around, we have stacks of wood we were going to start cleaning out this weekend. DH has taken my car with front wheel drive and an overnight bag to work and worked out a place to stay if it ices tonight. PTL he's off this weekend. We have a small propane single burner stove that we have used when elec. went out one day. I think we have a bigger stove too. I wish DH had tested the propane bottles. You will not believe I just got a car charger for my old phone this week. Sounds like just in time.

Any of you campers what kind of skillets do you use on your camp stoves? I have a single cup drip coffee Melita that I just pour hot water over and have a "cowboy" coffee pot too. But regular cooking not so sure about. I know my DM used an iron skillet on our Coleman stove when I was a kid. Don't own one, not sure compatible with smooth top cooktop.

Feel for those out at Dealey Plaza, not much warmer there.

Thinking of Blondie today. Hope she can let us know soon how she is. Recall she said a couple of days in hospital.

Cami - how are you feeling today?

Dwilli - So Tuesday is the day. WooHoo! In your pocket.

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

Littllegoats.... I have used an iron skillet for everything ever since my Grandma gave me hers, AND my Mom's. Do you have a little electric burner? I have one, but don't know what I will ever DO with it. If the power goes out, can't use it. NOR the Microwave...Loopy

But we can still use the gas stove, and just light it...... I remember my Grandma used to use a Percolator bottom, fill with water, add coffee grounds, and boil! Then after a few minutes, she would run cold water on it for a second, and the grounds would sink to the bottom! It was really good!

So cold here also...! Looks cloudy and icy up towards the Mountains.

My clueless neighbor just answered my email! She will come and get my "heat mat" and move her bed back into the damn garage, that HAS a damn cat-door. And she will buy her another warming lamp for her water, which damn freezes, even IN the garage. Her OTHER cat, Edith's Mother, left that home last year....! Still comes to visit, but knows she won't be taken care of.

I'm just glad I wrote her! I figured out how to do it nicely, without getting her mad..... like I was....Singing

So 44444444! You just crack me up! Little Miss Frankenfoobs! Ha, ha! Take a picture.... if you want! Just don't post it on FB..... Or YouTube..... Never mind.... don't do anything...... We will just be glad for you!

My scars.... all 3 of them, from the Lumpectomy, lymph nodes, and the MammoSite device are almost invisible! I could use a tie-down, or tie-up, or just SOMEthing to make them look perky again....Ha! But no, I am not complaining...... just only about my neighbors that have to have pictures drawn of what they are SUPPOSED to do!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

I used my iron skillet up north over the fire when we needed it. Not really supposed to use them on smooth tops, but hey, ya gotta eat! Stay safe and warm.

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Littlegoats, Check that floo. :). If that power goes out. Don't run your hot water except for absolute necessities , may stay hot for along time, especially if you have an insulated blanket thingy on it. How do you get your water is it city or on a pump. Is the pump electric. Fill your bathtubs and check for leaking, can use to flush toilets. Candles only if they have hurricanes. Trying to think in reverse of what we do for hurricanes. Ah wine, comfort food, Nonelectric can opener. Set out accessible food on cupboards, so you won't be searching in dark cupboards. Centralize everything to warm room in house. Is firewood in dry place? Kindling? You Already have water jugs. How about medications to last a week? Plan for notifying family. One phone call outside of affected zone. Then they notify the rest. Gas tank full. Diapers, oops no kids. Enough TP for a week. Can goods for a week.  Important documents in bag ready to evacuate if needed. Bon has a list on page 25-26 of Ma111's thread. It applies to anything. Add homeowners/car insurance/ flood insurance papers. Put meds near bag.. pack an evacuation clothing bag enough for a week. Easy way to do it is use clothing baskets, stack easy in the car. 

Sorry have to go, but i'll put link to Bon's Bag list. Stay warm and dry guys

BON's bag list, not everything applies but it might jog some ideas

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topic/770023?page=25#idx_982

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

Wow Sass! I remember my Mom had a little suit-case packed for an emergency.... and we had food and water stocked during WW2 also! We even had black-out shades for our windows..... just in case, the planes overhead wouldn't see us!

Such a scary time.... and remember the "bomb-shelters?" I think they were in the early 50's.

I remember where I was the night I was terrified that a war would start.... President Kennedy was calling the bluff of Cuba...was it? The Bay of Pigs? And they turned around.... Then when he was shot.... I was working at Bob's Florette.... and someone heard the news..... So many of us just started crying..... I could hardly wait to get home to my little family.....

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

CAMI....thinking of you.....

Trippy Cat photo trippycat.gif

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

Forgive me..haven't read today...

Need many PRAYERS.....my husband was seriously injured at work this morning.....a knife flung out of a tool bag and sliced his left eye open...we have been at Cleveland Clinic Cole Eye Inst all day...he is being taken into surgery now...knife cut thru most of his eye but they cannot tell trauma until surgery...they know this will take several surgeries..today is just to save his eye and put his iris back in where it belongs....

You know that saying "God doesnt give you more than you can handle"....I'm about tapped out....very sad and nervous.

Dana

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Oh Dana, I am so sorry about your husband. HUGE PRAYERS and serious HUGs heading your way.

Keep us updated as you can. I hope you are not alone there, but know we are with you in spirit too. Filling your pockets! Do you mind sharing his first name or nickname so we might pray more specifically?

So, so sorry you are having to go through this on top of everything else.

Love, Hugs and Prayers,

Lynne

• luvmygoats
    edited November 2013

Oh Dana I said a prayer for you and your husband. I pray for the surgeons' hands and for the staff caring for him. I hope you have someone there with you tonight. You and your DH will continue to be in my prayers. Yes please share his 1st name if you wish but I believe that God knows each one of us by name and though it does help direct our thoughts His are NEVER off of us. Dana's DH will work for me.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,483
    edited November 2013

Dana, we're all thinking of your husband and you, wishing you both the very best outcome.

• The Mods

• luvmygoats
    edited November 2013

Thanks Sassy for the pointers. It has been many years since North Texas has had a severe ice storm. I worry about power mostly since we are so rural. Water is co-op might as well be city water but I think in long power outages the tanks do empty without elec. to refill them. I think DH will make it home though it just came another bout of rain. I had to pour hot water on couple of gate locks. I have bucket heaters for the goats so they (spoiled brats) get warm water. No the firewood is outside but I have plenty of stuff to light it with. Wish we had underground utilities. I will check out Bon's thread.

'Course I have appt. in FW on Monday afternoon but I think it can be postponed. With glaucoma doc - you talk about old people cancelling appointments! I still need to do Thanksgiving shopping but turkey not my assigned chore. Most I can do locally if necessary.

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Dana..............

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

Dana....we all are in your husband's pocket as the surgeon is guided by God's hands...(I will be very quiet....just a marshmallow face)

Hugs to YOU!!! don't give up hope!

Di

I was stabbed in the eye by a home-made arrow...I was a kid of 5 on the glider of a swing set...they thought I lost my eye but I was healed after many months

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited November 2013

Dana, my heart  and prayers are with you and your husband.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

Dana thoughts and prayers to you and dh...

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2013

Dana sending prayers and many hugs.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

Thank you all..I can feel the love...my hubby, John, is still in surgery...no update yet...very  nervous still.

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

Chickie, thoughts and prayers are coming your way. We are all in John's pocket.