Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2013

Chick.....so sorry......how did it happen.....you said Tool Bag...........is he in construction.......I thought you said he was, but I could be mistaken......it is horrible....my prayers go out to you and John.......hugs....please keep me in the loop.....

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013

Dana

Many hugs!!!!

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

Dana,

Please let us know when John is out of surgery.....

hugs,

Di AKA puffy Marshmallow

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited November 2013

Dana,

Like Miss Sta-Puf says, keep us posted and let us know when John is out of surgery. We will keep up the Prayers for you and John!

Blondie, keeping you on that list too. MHope all went well today and you are resting comfortably.

Sending Hugs too!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Oh Dana as I was reading I had to stop I was cringing so much--That is horrible. It sounds like they know what they are doing planning ahead,  but now u'r poor DH has to go thru it too, Prayers being sent to you and U'r DH==I'm so sorry

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited November 2013

Dana, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I pray surgery will be successful.

Today seems to be a bad day for DH's. Mine is in the hospital with DVTs. He works in Wisconsin and was to fly back to Oregon tomorrow for Thanksgiving. If ya'll could spare a positive thought.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

Chicken and Julia prayers sassy

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited November 2013

Oh Julianna - prayers for your DH too. Is there someone with him in Wisconsin or just all work acquaintances?

Looks like DH will make it home tonight. Holding at 33 here and where he is 45 minutes away. Hamburgers cooking on the stove for him; bet he didn't get dinner.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited November 2013

Julianna.....wishing you hugs and your husband: health....can they bust up the clot?.....will he be able to fly?....or will he have to take a train?

BAD BAD DAY FOR DH

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

Julianna, I'm so sorry, u must be beside u'rself--prayers to u and DH Julianna

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2013

Hugs and healing thoughts all round.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

John out of surgery..they were able to save his eye....put iris back where it belongs....but no idea on vision, cornea or retina until later....the surgeon was not too optimistic about John's site...but miracles do happen!  They will do ultrasounds tomorrow and other tests. At least I'm breathing now!

John is a Glazier and works with glass on big commercial jobs...he is (maybe "was") one of those crazy guys that hangs off of skyscrappers installing huge glass.

The surgeon said it would take several surgeries and months of healing and being out of work...can't even tell you the stress I am feeling.

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

Chickie I can imagine the stress u feel right now. The first eval from his Dr. sounds good tho, so that's a start and we pray for the rest. Chicke there is nothing u can do right now except be with your husband--try not to overload u'r head yet, Take one step at a time and just take care what is needed at the time. Remember for now the operation was a success.

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Thank you Cam....good advice.....all the emotion and stress is just hitting me and flooding in.

• juliaanna
    edited November 2013

Dana,

I'm glad to hear surgery is done and your husband is doing okay. Hugs and very positive thoughts for both of you.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

Chickers..... I am soooooo sorry! I can't imagine what you are going through.... Sorry I wasn't on when you were posting... Just know we are all thinking about you and John, and trying to hold you close!

I guess I don't know what to say, except we all love you, and are praying for you both... Just keep telling us what is going on....xoxoxo

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

Chickie, you got a good first report on John's eye. Hooray! Just take a deep breath and one step at a time. We are here for you.

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

chick.......know exactly what DH does.......my husband worked hand in hand with that trade on the big buildings, walking on the outside on scaffolding.......he was a carpenter............many people have little respect for the trades, what they do, how hard they work, and the dangers that go along with the job...........

I have a lot of respect for the tradesman.....hope John comes along ok, and his sight returns to what it was..........hugs..

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

chick.......know exactly what DH does.......my husband worked hand in hand with that trade on the big buildings, walking on the outside on scaffolding.......he was a carpenter............many people have little respect for the trades, what they do, how hard they work, and the dangers that go along with the job...........

I have a lot of respect for the tradesman.....hope John comes along ok, and his sight returns to what it was..........hugs..

My 2 sons, grandson, and SIL are all carpenters, and my grandson-in-law is an electrician....

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Chickie, Julia, Blondie, Cami, Dwilli-praying

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
    edited November 2013

((((((Juliana)))))

Lilli

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited November 2013

chicky and Julianna warm thoughts and hugs for both of you as your husbands heal.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited November 2013

ChickaD    So sorry to hear about your DH. Such an unfortunate accident.   Praying that all turns out okay.

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Chickee, hope John is on the mend. It is encouraging that they could save his eye. We will keep praying for continued healing and good news.

Julianna, hope your DH is on the mend too and can make it home for Thanksgiving or you can go to him.

To the rest of the Hoolies, hope the weekend is going well. I know a lot have posted about cold weather and snow. We are expecting wind chill of 19 and some possible flurries in the morning. That's kind of early for us to see those temps! Bbbrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Stay warm all. Extra hugs and prayers to whoever needs them!

• 4sewwhat
    edited November 2013

Take care Teka, hope all goes well and things get better quick!

• camillegal
    edited November 2013

How are u'r DHs doing. Any better today? I hope so.

I spent the nite with Joey my little man and he made me another bracelet and ring and we watched 48 hrs. That was my Sat. nite

4444 It gets that cold in GA? WTF, it ''s not that cold here.

• juliaanna
    edited November 2013

Teka, hope you can come back soon. Take care.

DH is out of the hospital on blood thinners. Has a check up on Monday. MD thought he could fly on Wednesday.

I can not adequately express how much your support and caring mean to me. Bless you all.

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Hugs for you Miss Teka and Miss Jules and your families.

John is resting comfortably...I duct taped him to the couch!  This is going to be a challenge...my hubby is one of those men that has to be doing something...he rarely just truly relaxes.  Got home and wanted to split wood...ugh.   Needless to say..me and the girls are going to sit on him if needed.  We are looking at about a year to complete several eye surgeries on him...no paychecks in this household any more....ugh again.  Cant even begin to deal with those issues yet.

For the next week or so John needs 5 medications administered every 2 hours into his eye...long nights....and visits to the clinic daily.

Did I mention I have a HUGE eye phobia?  I can't even go to the eye doctor without throwing up or passing out...they hate my visits.  So this "test" is going to cure or kill me. Keep sending prayers...much appreciated!

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Chickie, you can do this b/c 1. you love him and 2. you have hope. Think of this each time you do the drops. Now this is for you. Leave a bucket near the area that you will be administering the drops. It's easier to turn and barf, then run for the bathroom. If you feel faint get flat on the floor fast, then put your legs up at a 45 degrees at least. Stay there till flushing and symptoms pass. This will avoid injuries to you and allow your equilibrium to return to normal.

The old thing of sitting with your head bent over between your knees is an "old wives tale".  AND should you faint all that happens is you fall forward on your face.-------calling

L&H's sassy