Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Comments

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013

I think I might wait until Jan 1, 2014 to start the AI....I got so many new pills and patches today that I dont want to mix up any side effects.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2013

sav...lol, no most bosses don't approve of that.....

Chick...the ladies on here told me night was better.....the Dr said squat......

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited November 2013

OH 4 corsets and garter belts ----so funny, but the chit about the lingerie and shoes.....and not buying a hat or gloves. OH my.

Chevy, the car fell on your Dh, that is something that he wasn't killed ---good lord.....long ago I did work  with a gal that her Dh was killed. A lifetime you've been with him. Congratulations.

Yup, after the holidays going insurer shopping. Ds has been impressed with Amica--Not sure of spelling, but he does almost exclusively insurance stuff. They will get a serious look. I'll approach like a medical search. I'll share what I find.

Chickie, so nice you are near such GREAT medical facilities. Not absolutely sure , but I think the closest eye hospital is Miami. Five hour drive. Unbelievable about the gps app. Does he know? I'm still giggling over your medication chart Winking. Nice job.

Savi----HI.............I Failed all three AI's, some permanent problems, stuffs damn poison. It was only a 5% reduced risk for me. I decided that wasn't worth it. Beside with 9 of 21 women on Dad's with BC, I figure whatever frigging genetic break we have the AI's aren't gonna likely help.

Cami (and 4), you hit it on the nail head in your response to 4. We got off into the insurance stuff. Your response to me about the Fall stuff PTSD glad to report that it still happens, but has been well under control for decades. The suicide attempt. straightened me right up. Deifnitely was a help when mom told me the details. Knowing that there was an origin for the problems.Happy.

Di and I worked for eight hours today and then I realized I hadn't done the frig, that was another 1 1/2 hours. I've taken four pain pills. Don't remember ever taking that much in a day. She went home with the back of her van full of stuff. She could say -Yay or Nay........Food processor, dishes, napkin rings, glass platter, ramikins, place mats, whew lots of more stuff. My biggest thing to part with was a Stow Vermont cutting board. There collectible. It sold  in the vicinity of $75 new, plus or minus 30-40years ago  maybe longer than that.. I thrifted it for $1.00  cleaned and sanded it. Solid maple about an an inch and quarter. When she oils it, I wish I could see her face.

Garage sailed a painting for $25. Found the artist and a similar painting she done that sold for $980. Made a deal with Di. She can sell it. She can pay me the 25, whatever else she can get for it, is hers for tuition. Her sister knows how to do Craig's list. Hope she can get something for it. She's motivated and I'm sure her sis will get into it b/c they are so close.

Have a 2nd load for my cousin. I'm decluttering like crazy.

HEY MARSHMALLOW FACE how ya doing?

Dwilli's sx is tomorrow morning ?

I know I missed a few , Shells Mary, LMGs, Jackie,julai, Ducky, PHYLLIINHOUSTON is having a great time with her son and dear dear friend.________Hugs to everyone thinking of you all

MARY YOO_HOOO, I left a message on your recorder............. YOO_HOO can you hear me in NC.

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

For you Princess Sassypants......

Do you see the fine print in the middle of the pic?

ps.....he has no idea yet on the gps app....lol
  • sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

OH  CHICKIE----Thanks --How nice. That put a smile on my face.      Would love to see DH's face if you have to bust him.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited November 2013

I'll take a cupcake, too! Please make mine lemon chiffon with limonata gellato.

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013

Morning Lemonheads! I LOVE anything lemon!

Good One Chickers!

Yes, Miss "Princess Sassy Pants & Co" I just Thank GOD that he was as good as he was! This was when he was 21, and almost a Daddy...

I told him if he didn't have such a hard-head, he would have been a goner! But he was working on sand and dirt, so it must have gave-way a little when the car fell.... It wasn't on asphalt...

Maybe talking about that, and remembering, made me have the WORST dream last night..... Geez! I dreamed we and our DD's were in Costco, and DH was looking at something, and I turned around, and he was holding his chest, and leaning up on the produce, and I just told them to call 911 NOW, and I went over to him, and held onto him, and I was trying to help him down on the floor, and I woke up!!!!

I was sooooooooo glad it was only a dream! I was so scared! I promise I will have more patience! And not be so snippy, and tell him I love him more. Aw man, I don't know what I would DO!

I called Amica, Farmers, Allstate, and a few others.... get quotes, package your deals.... ask about road-side assistance. If you have a newer car, that is better I think... Just don't ever drive it...image

And try and understand how they value your home.. Tell them it has a tile-roof, and aluminum siding, and no trees around you...Ha! And that you go out every morning and wet it down with the hose, and live next to a fire-hydrant! And that is next to the fire-house! That ought to do it!

And this is the crew that is watching over you!

I finally got my diagnostic mammogram! I'm all clear for another year!

Can still see the "pocket" (seroma) that filled with fluid when they took out the Mammo-Site device, but that is nothing. I am so glad they read it, and tell you right away!

44444444444444! I had a garter belt.... used it to tie up my tomatoes. Same with my nylons! Even the ones with the seams going down the back. All the crows, and birds were just watching me... and they had that look in their eye! They were thinking ..... HER?????

Yes! Those Moppeens'..(??) .. right Cammi? And the "Teddy's" that snapped between your legs? We MUST have been hot little Mama's! Right?

Geez, WTH happened? Never mind.... I know.

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

Chevy .............you go on, it's horrible, lonely, like your life is over, but somehow you go on........I have done it for 22 years....it gets no easier.....it gets harder because you get older, and less able to do the things that he use to do for you, every problem seems that much bigger because your facing it on your own, and without that weekly paycheck, or pension, or SS, to help pay to fix the problems........illness is worse, cause you face it alone......sure the kids are there, but not 24/7, and eventually those visits and calls become less and less because in everyones eyes your "ok" now, but your not.......but you go on.........some days are diamonds, some days are stone, but you wake up each day.....put on your "big girl panties" and start over......you just do it........every widow knows the story too well.........

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013

Hi, Sas. I will have no problem quitting the letrozole, too, if the SE's are too severe. I just wanted to give them a fair shot. But I am not impressed with the supposed reduction in risk for me. I had such a small DCIS.

I had them check my Vit D and it was on the low end of normal. So on my own I added a Vit D supplement. I am still under the max daily dose. I hope it helps with SEs. We shall see.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited November 2013

Chevy - They still have Teddies that snap between the legs but now I think they are called "shapewear". I've been looking for a simple camisole black to wear under a long top I bought at you know my fav. shopping place the thrift store. Dang I will prob. end up spending more for the cami to wear with the top that it's worth. I have yet to dig in the underbed boxes that had stuff from rads last year (though I've gotten rid of lots of that stuff). There might be one down there but mostly I bought white things and never wore the teeny skinny straps ones just the ones that looked liked skimpy T's. I'm finding tons of undershirts that I wore under my scrubs; guess I need to send those away too. Wish I thought I would lose enough # to wear them alone.

I too add a 2x weekly extra vit. D (2000 IU). Mine was low normal MO pronounced it "great". Don't think he will recheck it. Heck I'm having trouble getting anyone to check my chol. Thinking I may have to go to a "health fair" in the spring to get it done.

Gosh DH and I are having the split open finger ends already. His job in indoors but lots of gritty stuff so his stay that way nearly year round. I think I've just been negligent on the lotion. I usually get one that hangs on but I have 3 on my L hand for gosh sakes. When I was actively kidding goats it was bad but I can't even claim I've been out much in the cold weather. BTW I don't think N Texas had fall. We had summer, then maybe 1-2 weeks of fall, then winter. Today it's supposed to be 46 with the N wind blowing all day. Texans just don't (at least I don't) have the heavy winter stuff. I have a coat but it stays in the armoire. I'm a jacket girl and ditch it early. The stores yest. varied - some overly hot and a few just right. (And I was in a bunch!!)

Got to get going to find my fruit salad recipe. I might just make some fancy dressing and take a bowl of fruit.

Anyone make 24 hour fruit salad and can recommend a recipe. I have the whipped cream and marshmallows and have been collecting fruit all week. Hate to waste the whipped cream (whole pint); marshmallows the goats will eat, not moi I detest them straight. I have to go next town over to PT at 3 and they have a WalMart and Albertsons but I will go b4 PT.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Hi Hoolies.

Happy TG EVE which usually is a day of working in the kitchen, even if u go somewhere u still hve work to do.

I had to laugh, cuz now they call everything shapewear, not girdles and yet they are girdles, but they can even charge more cuz it has a special name.

Oh I haven't made Fruit salad in forever, I used to think it was easy and so so good, but I'd put coconut in it, sometime sour cream and sometime whipped cream.

OK BBL

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

I make ambrosia, which is heavenly.....a lot more fattening then plain fruit salad....

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited November 2013

Hi to everyone! Sorry I haven't been on in sooo long. Love to everyone. Please send the firemen to me. I'm in Arkansas at my nephews with all my Scott family. We are having a wonderful time.

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

Ducky.... when I wrote that, I was thinking of you..... I can't imagine how much you must miss him..... still. I know my SIL is dating again.... Lost her Husband, DH's Brother, about 6 years ago.... But even though she is dating, I don't think anyone could take "his" place.

I know people go on... but because I have him, I just can't even think of what it would be like without him.

I know we get mad, and wish sometimes "things" would be different, or they wouldn't drink so much, but we get over it, by the next morning.... if we are lucky.

But I'm sorry Ducky.... Sorry for how empty you must feel, especially during these Holidays.... Hoping you have a nice Thanksgiving with your family!

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited November 2013

Hey Ladies!!!   What's Up!!  Let me tell you that I had my exchange and breast lift yesterday and I am feeling real good.  Just got home floating on Percocet.  Thankful that all went well and I can be with family tomorrow.  Have a happy Thanksgiving all!!!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013

Dwill I know I already talked to you, but again YYYAAAAYYYY

Ducky that feeling around the holidays is sadder I think, but I'm glad u have kids to ease u'r hurt somewhat.

Ducky mine is kind of ambrosia too, well it used to be anyway. LOL

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited November 2013

Enjoyed the Fire Department photo.  Tried to picture our Department taking  smillar photo but don't think they would, at least not topless.  20% of the Force is female! 

Winking

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013

Chevy........I guess you have to go through it, but until it happens you can't imagine it might be you...it's always everyone else.........I really hoped for 50 years, thinking hell most get at least that far.....that year that he died we celebrated our 35th in May, I thought......we are not going to see 36.....not this time...and he died..Sept 2nd..it was Labor Day....I still have the Anniversary card he sent me that year, and if I read it over again I think........you really wanted so much to live.because the card he picked said...."and for many years to come".....but the good Lord wanted him more........and so it goes, and so it goes......

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited November 2013

Hi ladies. Ducky I so much feel for you.  My hubby has been working so terribly hard latelythat I woory he will have a stroke or heart attack or something - or that some crazy will hit himwhen he is driving. I dont know either what I'd do without him.

Luv the reason they decided we should host is varied... MIL gets too stressed.  BIL#1 has a new girlfriend MIL doesn't like (soon to be SIL so hopefully things change).  BIL#2 and his girlfriend both have long standing mental health issues.  MIL & FIL are leaving for their winter stay in Hawaii soon... the list goes on. I was hoping they'd choose to do a restaurant, but the last 2 Christmas' dinners were restaurants due to my health issues. So they'llget what they get... usually they like our cooking so I'm sure iit'll be ok.  Though I've yet to find my silverware. ..

Back to work today for a 3 week stint.  Should pay for our new appliances..

about the polio vaccine..  my mom wouldn't let me take it as a child, so I didn't get it until I was 18 and leaving the country for the 1st time.  It was mandatory then.  I'm lucky I never caught it.

I'm on letrozole. The single thing I've found that helps me the most with the SE's is being warm enough followed closely by getting enough sleep.  I also take a handful of supplents each morning.  If I forget to take them I suffer.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited November 2013

I want to wish you all a wonderful thanksgiving. I am most thankful for each of you, sisters of my heart and Charles, too.

Safe travels

Dwilli, so happy for you

• savgigi
    edited November 2013

GG what supplements do you take for the letrozole SEs?

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited November 2013

I've been on anastrasole (Arimidex) for 18 mos with almost no side effects. Stiff in the morning, but I take my Claritin and that seems to help.

• savgigi
    edited November 2013

Wren, I have been taking the claritin, too. Maybe it is helping more than I know.

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Happy Hanukkah to anyone that is celebrating the first night!

• ChickaD
    edited November 2013

Good news....no surgery today for John...things are looking up!  Doctor was pleased with healing since Monday and even the Chief Cornea Surgeon came in for a second look and was also on the same page as John's doc.  He goes back next week for another look and then has a few weeks off for healing and resting......docs all thought Florida was perfect for some R&R like we planned...okay to fly too!  YAY

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited November 2013

Been a little slow this week, just wanted to wish everybody a Happy Thanksgiving.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited November 2013

I take

Quercetin. D3. glucosamine sulfate. Boswellia. White willow bark. Magnesium. Curcumin. CoQ10. cinnamon. Gingrr.  fish oil.  I think there's something else too, I'll check later.  Not home right now

I would bet the claritin is helping as I MUST avoid allergens.  If I eat or am around things I am allergic to I pretty much cannot move.

Good news chickee....!!!!

• sas-schatzi
    edited November 2013

Hi, OH must say not having turkey is great--having New York Strip roast. Will tell you how it turns out. Never done it before. Lots of standing rib, but not this.....Asked one year for all the people coming if they like turkey. No one really did, except DS. So, standing rib or steaks, and salmon. The year I cut out GM's recipe of cream corn, DS said he was doing the menu for the next year. He's older now and goes with the flow.

I made a bernaise sauce and a Aue Jus today..rewarm tomorrow. Cook the roast AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Everything else is assigned or in the frig

I'd set the table tonight, but Dini wags his tail so much I can't risk hairs. His hair goes everywhere from him wagging it so much. Remember he was the very neurotic rescue baby of last year. What a difference 11 months can make.

Dear Drama Boyfriend is turning into < DDBF. He helped out over the last few weeks, but today was special---he folded and did laundry and put away what he knew to do. Cool. The hoot is the folded towels on a shelf. Why do guys not get the FOLD and the BALANCE of colors on a shelf?

DS and <DDBF have to do the last prep to the deck, minus the toilet. They have to work together, they so far are being polite.

Chevy, one of the very , very comforting things about <DDBF is he has never showed at any moment ---any---of me having something to say about DH. I've heard and read of such. But he has helped me. I'm still grieving DH's loss. But  I never hesitate with <DDBF to say a story or refer to DH. So, while <DDBF has  his faults, being able to never hesitate about a DH reference is, I believe remarkable.

Chevy it was and is like a convergence of stars. My PCP that listens, My counselor that listens. My <DDBF that listens. Between the three of them with their part, I am becoming whole again. Add to that my absolute favorite cousin out of 60 some, has come to visit the last two years three times. Her and Dh and <DDBF 's live's are paralleling each other.  Two nurses that are hugely into infection control with two guys that are hugely into getting dirty----working. The conversations are sssssssooooooo funny. Both L and I, make the guys get undressed in  the garage. Special wash for their clothes. --------What was GREAT for each guy is they could commiserate about how crazy L & I were---ARE--

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited November 2013

image>

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013

So WAIT! You balance the colors on the shelf???? Now WHO does that??? I think there is a term for that.... but it escapes me.

You sound SO happy Sass! Couldn't happen to a better or more deserving patient gal! Nobody listens to ME...Ha! Just Miss Lacee face, and the chickens.... The chickens make little "peep" noises when they see me... and they "squeak" together... So they KNOW I am bring them "stuff!"

Dear Husband listens too... he says I snore.... I say I don't... Except SOMEtimes I wake myself up.... Ha!

Sorry gals, for your losses.... no, I can't imagine.. It was terrible enough just DREAMing about it... But you are going on with the rest of your life...((((hugs))))

CHICKERS!!!! Happy Hanukkah to you too! And where is everybody else.... I know..... sleeping like any normal person would be...

And Happy Thanksgiving everyone... Enjoy your Turkey, Ham, Roast, and those color-coordinated shelved towels Sass! xoxoxoxo Loopy