Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Options

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited November 2013
    Options

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013
    Options

Good Morning Everyone

I just want to wish u a Happy Birdday and Giving my Thanks for all my bweast buddies--and healthe and happiness for all of us.

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013
    Options

Well, so much for spell-check little Cammi!

Hoping YOU feel better, silly face, and that you have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving... You sound like Santa Clause! When he rode off the roof-top! xoxoxo

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013
    Options

Okay, so guess who THIS is for!

• camillegal
    edited November 2013
    Options

Who???

• savgigi
    savgigi Member Posts: 245
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thanks, GG. Some of those are in the multivitamin I take. I will think about the others.

Great news, Chickie, on DH non-surgery! Enjoy your trip!!

I am so sorry for everyone who has lost hubbies. My BIL died suddenly almost 3 years ago and my sister has had a hell of a time.

Happy Thanksgiving to all and Happy Hanukah to those who celebrate!

• StaceyLeeH
    StaceyLeeH Member Posts: 117
    edited November 2013
    Options

Good Morning Hooligans,

Happy Thanksgiving!! I am sorry I have been MIA so busy getting back to work full time and chasing my angel Austin around. Wanted to say how grateful I am for all I you!!! U all are so amazing!!! I will never be able to thank you for all of your support when I was scared getting through chemo, 1st surgery, and radiation. You all are heaven sent my angels getting me through treatment... Healing hugs to my beautiful and strong friends. Thank you Thank you!!!!

Sweet Pea xoxoxoxoxo

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited November 2013
    Options

back at cha Sweets...

Having a decent day, till someone on the phone who called to say Happy Thanksgiving, could tell I was a little depressed, and after a few minutes said......"YOUR LUCKY, I KNOW 2 WOMEN. IN THEIR 30's WHO JUST DIED FROM BREAST CANCER"..........as horrifying, and sad as that is.......I said.....trying to keep my composure, but with "fire" in my voice said.."don't you dare ever tell someone with breast cancer that they are lucky"............today stage 1........next thing you know stage IV.....we live a day at a time....mammogram to mammogram, never ever again tell me how lucky I am having breast cancer at all.....

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited November 2013
    Options

good for you Ducky...sometimes people need to hear that they are clueless, inappropriate & just plain hurtful.. The STFU is what attracted me to this thread, oh how I have wanted to say it in the last 5 months.

Thanks to all for the funny cartoons, support, and friendship this group displays on a daily basis. It has been a pleasure to read the posts, chime in once in a while...

Last Taxol in the morning...Happy Thanksgiving ....

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thanks Miss Chevy for the Hanukkah wishes,  I'm not Jewish, but didnt want yo leave anyone out in case they celebrate!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited November 2013
    Options

Since this is the STFU thread, RANT coming!!!!

I finally have enough hair for a trim. I also have chemo curls on just one side. Looks dumb. So I walk in a salon, get seated, tell her what I want. Said take the chemo curls as short as you can. "Oh? Is that what that is?" Um, yes. Then,"are you finished with treatment?" Yes, this time last year I didn't have ANY hair. Then,"you know, if you rub castor oil on your scalp it will make your hair grow. Get it at the health food store."

I wanted to scream STFU! I'm da$m lucky to be alive! And thankful to have some hair!

And the haircut isn't that great. Rant over.

• camillegal
    edited November 2013
    Options

I have trouble spelling Jewish words so I don't use them often. That sounded really stupid, but I'ts me.

Ducky good for u tht should be everyone's answer when people say things like that--they really have no idea what they are saying--every single time we get something that lasts more than a week it's always OMG what now==Before BC I just never gave things a thought really, but now I think what going on now and there usually is maybe not cancer but resulting in SE's that hare horrible and how do u tell people that I mean cancer is horrendous but when they see u talking and laughing they figure it's over--this disease continues in some way or another for all of us--that's why we've come here--we do understand. I hope u day got better.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited November 2013
    Options

Miss Spookie.....stupid hairdresser....lol, its like that lady at Walmart who said to me...Why would you ever choose that hairstyle...ugh

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013
    Options

great Cam.....my one daughter had an amazing dinner....so good......turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, Brussels sprouts, corn, asparagus, brocolli, candied yams, baked yams, olive salad, gardinier, rolls...dessert.....pumpkin pie, apple, ice cream, vanilla and chocolate pudding, and whipped cream.....so good.

Never had to see the idiot that told me I was lucky.....

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 35,401
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hope you all had a delightful Thanksgiving.  I thought about all of you.

Lilli

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited November 2013
    Options

I'm sorry about the people who say stupid things. They are just stupid, probably not trying to be hurtful. I'll never forget the oncologist who told me my breast cancer was like having "rusty pipes" the week after my mastectomies. I cried for days, never been back to an oncologist since. I guess I'm "lucky" I only had rusty pipes (then can I have my breast tissue back?).

Actually I'm fine with my decision for Grade 3 comedo necrosis, but palease people, have a little compassion!

Sorry Ducky. You know, when one of our sisters feels blue I feel it, too.

I'm happy for you, Dwillette. Glad DH is holding his own Chickster.

This Thanksgiving I'm thankful I have all of you.

• camillegal
    edited November 2013
    Options

Oh Ducky what a feast u had, I'm glad it turned out well.

Altho we do hear stupid things I have to say sometimes I have said stupid things, not meaning to, yes me, when we were all in the hospital for my mom 2 brothers, sister and me, she was eating chocolate pudding and decided not to have any more treatment or blood transfusions and asked the Dr. how long she would have and the Dr. honestly said bout 2 weeks--U have to know my mom always told her to be honest with her) we all just were dumbfounded and I was closest to my mom and said could I have a taste of u'r pudding, well my mom said get u'r own, this might be my last one--so she laughed and we all did. I guess I felt like we had to say something and 2 weeks later she died, but she could have lived longer she chose not to. Ducky u have to know I really loved my mom and that's what I said. But she was my mom and knew I'd say something goofy anyway. But I really hope I'd never be that insensitive to anyone, but my Mom cuz she was all right with it.

• gardengumby
    gardengumby Member Posts: 4,860
    edited November 2013
    Options

i had to laugh at the balancing colors folding towels. My hubby started helping with The laundry a few years ago. There were the clothes lost to shrinkage as he otiginally thought everything should be washed in hot water. It took a bit also to convince him that a silk blouse really shouldn't be washed with jeans... but the one thing I gave up fighting was washing all towels and sheets with bleach. I finally just went with white.

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013
    Options

years ago I was pregnant, not feeling great having 5 kids to take care of.....I had a sink full of dishes, and my husband said..."I'll do those for you, just fix the water and suds"....I said...."great, cause he never did anything sround the house".......I fixed the dishpan, and he got in front of the sink......"about that time one of the kids brought their empty hot chocolate cup and handed it to my husband.........now I would have rinsed the excess Choc. Out of the bottom of the cup..........Noooooooooo.......not him, he threw the cup in the dishpan, turning the clean sudsy water into what became a swamp.........of course I yelled.......WTH did you do....your suppose to rinse it first...................he looked at me...........said.......I will never do another dish for you again, so you either call your mother....."hope the kids grow and learn fast.....or never get sick again........and he didn't.......lol........lesson learned.....appreciate what people do......even if it isn't your way......lol

So, one time he did the wash, and threw a red sweatshirt in with white underwear, and we all wore pink undies.....even him .....till they wore out and we all got new............learned my lesson from the "dish washing episode".......did not complain..(at least not to him)

Keep in mind......I was in the hospital having a baby, and the wash piled up....back then we stayed 5 days, so it was sink, swim, or go El Commando.............he had no choice......must say he looked pretty sexy in his pink underwear, although on the construction sight when it got too hot....he was the only one that did not take his shirt off......lol

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013
    Options

I am so lucky that he "helps" me clean the dishes, AND cleans the bathroom! I still don't have a dishwasher.... Not enough room in my little kitchen........ I never had one, so I don't miss it! But don't you just hate "floaters" in your dish water? Man, it drives me NUTS....Ha! (shut-up Cammi) It's like something foreign bumps into your hand in the dish-water, and you know YOU didn't put it there! YUK!

I know little Gardens... I USED to wash everything in hot also! But now I hand-wash, or wash my stuff on "hand-wash" in the washer, and it isn't too bad! I still use a little bleach for the white stuff though.... You know what else I do? Somehow I wound up with so MUCH conditioner for my hair! But it makes it way too soft..... So I decided I can use it as fabric softener! And it works! Smells good too!

I just bought some new flannel sheets! We went to Walmart, and they were NOT crowded! I was amazed! And so many clerks there to help everybody.... Now I have to get to work....Loopy

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013
    Options

This is so cute!

http://www.pawmygosh.com/

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,893
    edited November 2013
    Options

Chevy, You've given me an idea of what to do with the bottles of conditioner I have. My hair is so baby fine that it just weights it down.

• gardengumby
    edited November 2013
    Options

ducky, I never look a gift horse in the mouth.:). If he's generous enough to help I'm certainly not going to complain. Having only white towels and bedding is a small price to pay!!! Besides, I'm rather fond of white. ;) it always looks clean!!!

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013
    Options

white is great......never have to worry about it fading.......but honest GG you should have seen the dish water....the shock of him just dumping it in there was what caused me to yell.....instinct I guess...lol

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited November 2013
    Options

I just said something stupid tonight to a friend --now I am feeling bad about it.  My friend has set up a food calendar and brought the first meal tonight.  She bought in two large containers and  a $25 gift card for the local grocery store.  Before I looked into the container, I said =="Oh great--some good food, I am so tired of turkey".  Well as you can guess it--in her containers were turkey and ham.  She said you can eat the ham instead..  I am feeling so bad for putting my foot in my mouth.   She is such a great friend. Always there for me--sensitive, caring and compassionate.   How could I be so stupid as to not look into the containers first.  I could not apologize enough.   I cannot get over feeling bad about what I said--although she told me not to think about it.

• duckyb1
    edited November 2013
    Options

Dwill, if she is that good a friend she won't care,.........don't fret.....she may talk about you to her husband if she has one, but at least you won't hear it......lol......really Dwill she probably thought nothing of it..........hugs

• gardengumby
    edited November 2013
    Options

I'm famous for opening mouth and inserting foot. Dwill, she's probably laughing about it - and you did automatically assume hers was good food....

• camillegal
    edited November 2013
    Options

Oh Dwill she sounds like a wonderful friend, and I really don't think she would take that personally, believe me I have said so much worse to my friends and they're still with me, so I really wouldn't worry about it.

Ducky, how silly--U'r DH finally wanted to help and u insult himWinking--I'm sure it was automatic but he was just trying to help in his way. LOL Many yrs ago when I was little my mom was in the hospital and those days u were in for 8-10 days and it was summer, so after dinner my dad and I took all the dishes outside and he got a big tub--as I'm asking why, my dad said u'r mother makes this look so hard and I'm just standing there and he gets the hose and hoses off all the dishes and say's now we'll wait for the sun to dry them--what could be better--he was serious and I knew my mom would have a fit--I told her about 30 yrs later, I think for those reasons I was closer to my dad, I just liked the way he did things. Always easy. So I guess when a man helps out what u don't see is better.

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013
    Options

Well Cammi, guess you were all lucky you didn't have a dog to help you clean them...Ha! We used to let our dog Sport lick off our plates.... and we didn't die! I mean my Brother and I....

Kind of off the subject, but you STARTED it, with the hose story..... Do you know how "Beer" was first made? Well the story goes, that over 5,000 years ago, in Mesopotamia, a bucket of grain was being stored.... well it rained, and that dampened the grain enough so it started to sprout.... Then the sun came out, dried it, so it was in a "malt" form.... Then it rained again, and the natural yeast in the air fermented it, and someone came along a tasted/drank it, and that was the beginning of our malt beverages! It used to be called "Meade".... So that's your beer story for the day.

Dwilli..... I think we've all done that.... We didn't MEAN to, but it just happens.... Can you get her a card or something, like "sticking my foot in my mouth" ??? That would make her laugh!

• Chevyboy
    edited November 2013
    Options