Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

STFU (Shut the F*** UP)

Options

Comments

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited November 2013
    Options

Perfect cartoon Chevy, we havn't seen Paula in a while. Her son has taken over the business. I have heard the beer story before but had forgotten.

Dwill, we have ALL had that oops, shit, did not mean to blurt that out. I bet your friend has had a few also.

Cami, I loved the story of the pudding and your Mom, what a sweet memory.

Hope all has a good weekend....

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited November 2013
    Options

ooo Holeinone I didn't know that about Paula D. interesting so they are keeping everything going I guess, maybe. Well she should have STFU how stupid.

My kids are shopping and they started to get the decorations out so when they come home they will be outside putting up lites--I guess--Not me of course I just look at decorations now but still enjoy them.

• dwill
    dwill Member Posts: 248
    edited December 2013
    Options

Thanks ladies for making me feel better.  I told a mutual friend and she bust out laughing. I guess it can be look as funny, I am still mortified at myself for saying it.  This friend I said it to is so sensitive.  Although I sent an  email apology to the friend I put my foot in my mouth for--I haven't heard back from her.  Maybe, Ill look for that card to send her.  Well it feels good to know I am not the only one that can make a fool out of myself sometimes.  Oh--the price of being human.  :) 

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Oh Dwill I make a fool out of myself on a daily basis--I'm used to it.

• juliaanna
    juliaanna Member Posts: 575
    edited December 2013
    Options

sitting in the ER with DH. He's back in Oregon. His Wisconsin doc let him fly today if he promised to get his blood tested as soon as he landed. He's grumpy but happy to be home

Hope all is well with you- that you had just enough turkey or roast beast in sassy's case

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,893
    edited December 2013
    Options

Juli, I'm sure you're happy to have him home with you. Hope you don't have to wait too long at the ER.

• ChickaD
    ChickaD Member Posts: 971
    edited December 2013
    Options

Miss Jules....sending positive vibes to you and your hubby!♥

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Julia I'm glad he's home and listening to the Dr. I hope ll will be better now.

• shellshine
    shellshine Member Posts: 930
    edited December 2013
    Options

I was in the ER tonight, too, Jules. The 6th time this year. At least he wasn't admitted this time, although part of me was hoping for a respite!!

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Shell u were in ER tonight?? What's going on?

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013
    Options

Sorry Jules.... Hope he is doing okay now.... Crabbiness is just so much fun for US...Snooze

And Shells.... Tell that DH he really has to get a new hobby! Is it the nurses? .... Okay, I'll behave....

444444444! Are you alright? What happened with your Thanksgiving??? We haven't heard, or heard anything about you on the news.... and I was just wondering.

I was thinking of all the Holidays that ended up "not perfect" when I was little.... But as I got older, and had my own family, I could make some better choices...ha! Since my folks weren't here, it was my In-laws that were such a delight!

ONE time I got so sick of hearing (from my FIL) about my DH, and how "my husband wasn't man enough to make a Son.... only GIRLS!" that I threw a dish towel down on the table and yelled exactly THAT.... And stomped off in a flurry. His Dad was a worthless drunk.... and SHE was not much better. He had another SON who DID have 2 boys, but since you are only a "MAN" if you can produce BOYS, making GIRLS means you are weak! Italians were just a different breed.... and stupid in those days.... not to mention he was a worthless drunk. He said DH could only "chop logs" and not "swing an ax" like his other Son that fathered boys.

I could have killed him at that moment. My little girls sitting there..... the whole family there.... and DH's Dad berating his Son for "only having girls." "THEY" finally left, with their tails between their legs.... but I would never have another Holiday dinner, or go to one where they were... just because he always had to be drunk.

Why do we put up with these people who hurt us, and those WE love? And what gives them the right to think the whole world revolves around them? So I spoke up... damn glad I did too! I SHOULD have refused to ever see him again... but I felt bad for my DH... because his Dad was just an embarrassment to everyone.

Okay, now that I'm mad at them all OVER again, I'll move on to something else...Loopy

CAMMI! What are you doing UP? The "chicken-people" are home... snuck in last night.... no more eggs. Of course they only laid 1, maybe 2 a day.... 6 lazy "girls" over there! Probably freezing their Timbers off.... Actually it has been pretty nice here.... and they DO have a warming lamp in their nesting area..

Have a nice Sunday gals....

• chabba
    chabba Member Posts: 3,600
    edited December 2013
    Options

I had a very self-centered and mean spirited MIL.   Fortunately DH is kind, loving and always very protective of me.  She was recoupetating at our house from a broken hip since the in-laws house had bedrooms and bath on the second floor.  One day when I came home at at noon to fix her lunch I heard her on the phone telling someone how I was abusing her.  I grabed the phone from her and said "You know that is a GD lie.  I then apologised to the friend who told me she had assumed that DIL was making it up.  Well friend called DH who then called  FIL and told him to admit her to a nursing home, preferably by dinner but no later than by bedtime.  He then went home and explained to her why she was leaving.  You got to love a guy liike that.  That was 45 years ago and he has only changed for the better.

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited December 2013
    Options

One quick comment to Chevy then off to get ready for church. Egg production is dependent on daylight. Many producers (and commercial egg houses) fool them with I think 24 hour light. They may get a short break but must simulate good daylight hours. My bet is has something to do with timing of food availability (like no bugs during the dark winter months so no extra energy into egg production).

BBL

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 35,401
    edited December 2013
    Options

Dwill...chiming in late and likely already said, but as it was just Thanksgiving......so many people just want to eat turkey just that day and maybe the next and save everything else for later.  I bet she has heard that same statement from many people.....might even feel that way a bit herself.  A strong friendship survives.....there are little tatters here and there....just means there wasn't always total perfection going on.  If you apologized which you did, she has likely forgotten it and moved on.

Lilli

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited December 2013
    Options

Good idea littlegoats! I just sent those "chicken-people" an email, telling them I could give them a tarp to partially put around their coop, if they would like it!

I'll also mention to them about the eggs and light! I thought it was because the weather changed! They DO have a warming lamp in their "nesting area"... but no light!

Chabba.... Good for you!!!! Very good! I know exactly what you mean. My SIL and I took care of her, running around for her, finding places for her to live.... which NEVER made her happy! SIL heard her talking on the phone one time also! Before she went in her room, she heard her say.... "Maggi's food always tastes like $hit!" We would take over her dinners, wash her clothes....

I even "decorated" her one Independent living place with silk flowers from our Daughter's wedding.... filled her cupboards, fixed her bedroom up, before she even moved in. She hated it. Such a needy little whiner! Didn't appreciate anything!

At least DH stayed away from her...ha! He KNEW what drove his Dad to drinking! Or at least what contributed to it!

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Good Morning again. Goofy nite sleep

Boy u'r in-laws sound like fun--well I never stayed married long enough for them to enter my mind or bother me--but chabba u really picked a winner--good for you,

• Holeinone
    Holeinone Member Posts: 1,418
    edited December 2013
    Options

Cami, you crack me up..

Dwill, I hope you are healing quickly & feeling better..

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013
    Options

Got along okay with the outlaws until the youngest bratty daughter decided she made all the decisions....had her 1 kid, and my kids all 6 took a back seat..........and it was obvious......the bitch destroyed the family, and my outlaws allowed it, many times turning against my husband.........mother got BC, and they never told him......

The bastards lived to be 103 1/2, and 96.....,....,,.my husband died at 57.........sad thing is for years my FIL and I were great friends, and adored my kids.........

Another kick in the ass......they had 23 great grandchildren.....18 of them mine......I had the only boy grandchildren to carry their shitty name, ........don't get me started........lol

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,893
    edited December 2013
    Options

I was so lucky. MIL was wonderful to me. I wrote her more letters than I wrote to my Mom. I'm trying to be a good MIL by copying mine. I'm sorry we lost her so soon. My kids would have adored her.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Wren that is so sweet.

• duckyb1
    duckyb1 Member Posts: 9,646
    edited December 2013
    Options

wren....sometimes no matter how good you are you can be resented, especially if your boys are close to you.....my SIL's were fantastic.......DIL's.......ok now, not for the first several years.......then 1 left my son, so she is history...oh, and she left her 4 kids behind too.....keeps in touch but they never wanted to go with her....

My SIL caused all the trouble, and my in-laws thought she walked on water........guess what....my husband was the oldest too.....so never let it be said that the first born is the favorite....lol

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 35,401
    edited December 2013
    Options

Wren....how fantastic.  Some people seem to have a built in respect for others and so take great pains to show love, kindness and an overall commitment to spreading warm feelings.  We all have choices in how we will perceive others --- totally delightful to choose to be as even as possible with her perceptions.  And now that she is gone, the greatest memories that still carry the energy of her gracious personality.  Awesome.

Lilli

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited December 2013
    Options

Has anyone heard from Gma Foley? I cant find her.

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Mary she hasn't been on since 11/26--I PM'dher.

• marywh
    marywh Member Posts: 1,433
    edited December 2013
    Options

So did I.

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,879
    edited December 2013
    Options

Had a fabulous T-day. Everyone worked together. Had so much creative fun. New York Strip roast was perfect medium rare. Essentially a United Nations Table. Norway-1, England-2, Canada-1, France -1. I then said DBF was from Ohio and the rest from Michigan. Bob pops up and says "I'm from Missouri". Created quite fun table talk. Ds called yesterday and said it was the most amazing Thanksgiving.  I was able to walk yesterday LOL.  Hugs to everyone

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited December 2013
    Options

surgery tomorrow 6:45AM... pocket party??????

medicare changed the rules since i was scheduled in Aug or Sept and says that ALL PS cannot do any surgery in their own approved surgical suites starting Dec 1.....I am having my round 2 of my cosmetic surgery (mini brow lift and lower eye lids) (prepaid by me) AND my foob fat grafting & nips ⊙⊙←←that part was to be paid by medicare...my PS said they got an exception(medicare I Cannot trust........the foobs may not happen tomorrowSad

ÐiDevil

• luvmygoats
    luvmygoats Member Posts: 2,484
    edited December 2013
    Options

Di - so is surgery a go or no go tomorrow? Surely will be in your pocket. Maybe I read you will get the cosmetic paid by you or will you need to wait for that for the nips/grafting?

Hope we hear from GmaFoley.

• di2012
    di2012 Member Posts: 871
    edited December 2013
    Options

luv.....it is a GO.....for my cosmetics, since I paid for the PS, the anesthetist, and the surgery suite fee 4 weeks ago..just dont know if the foob work will be done at the end of the cosmetics or not...I hate to chance it...

• camillegal
    edited December 2013
    Options

Di we're there for u, but I', bringin' Orange juice and Vodka==a good morning drink--I will cheer them on.